Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

It's like majorly procrastinating a huge term paper, also it's a group project and your group all disagrees on everything, also your entire class somehow loses if you gently caress it up

it even has the "let's change the spacing and margins to make it longer" element

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

alnilam posted:

It's like majorly procrastinating a huge term paper, also it's a group project and your group all disagrees on everything, also your entire class somehow loses if you gently caress it up

it even has the "let's change the spacing and margins to make it longer" element

literally me right now, i have a term project due today that i have to do in arcgis pro and i have not even started it rofl

rip me

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

what i'm saying is, someone give me a 6er so i get my fuckin poo poo done

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

literally me right now, i have a term project due today that i have to do in arcgis pro and i have not even started it rofl

rip me

an honor to post with you, prime minister

ty manifisto

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

rip me

I just hope you won't drag the whole country into a recession if you fail.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

moostaffa posted:

I just hope you won't drag the whole country into a recession if you fail.

wait why would you not want that to happen :confused:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Tokamak posted:

tiggers at 7%, how???

There's some remainy tories that won't vote Labour or lib dem, there's some Labour voters impatient with constructive ambiguity

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wow y'all let some ugly motherfuckers on TV there.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Who's fired up for affordable access to common sense solutions!?

Have British centrists had the same political aphasia as the US Democrats this whole time, or is this a new outbreak of the disease?

alnilam posted:

just lmaod about how article 50 was invoked 2 years ago and they did gently caress all for that whole time and now they're trying to scramble things through in a week of chaos

loving around until the last minute and then putting more effort into asking for an extension than actually doing the work, and then being shocked and confused when they're asked for a justification? Your government is being run by the freshmen I taught in grad school. Or by me in grad school.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

So when is Theresa May going to table the "Bercow is a big doodyhead and we don't need to listen to him" motion so she can have three more MVs?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Goon Danton posted:

Have British centrists had the same political aphasia as the US Democrats this whole time, or is this a new outbreak of the disease?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKSllUPbzCI
note: this is from 2004

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

So when is Theresa May going to table the "Bercow is a big doodyhead and we don't need to listen to him" motion so she can have three more MVs?

Today. Everyone votes for letting her have her vote, then kills the vote itself again, then votes against a no confidence vote again. "We have full faith in this government to abolish all precedents and standards in the name of a proposal we will never pass under any circumstances."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is there any way out of no deal in ten days now?

As I understand it, any deal that the EU would accept would be unacceptable to the British Parliament. The British Parliament is incapable of putting together a deal that would be acceptable to the British Parliament. In theory an extension could give May more time to do politics and force the Parliament to accept her deal. But May has proven herself completely incapable of politics. So an extension would just be kicking the can down the road. And the EU has said they won't grant an extension if there's no reason to believe that the extension would actually do anything other than kick the can down the road.

So it's no deal in ten days, right?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

alnilam posted:

i think youll find that its not their own class that will lose

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

As I understand it, any deal that the EU would accept would be unacceptable to the British Parliament. The British Parliament is incapable of putting together a deal that would be acceptable to the British Parliament. In theory an extension could give May more time to do politics and force the Parliament to accept her deal. But May has proven herself completely incapable of politics. So an extension would just be kicking the can down the road. And the EU has said they won't grant an extension if there's no reason to believe that the extension would actually do anything other than kick the can down the road.

I'm pretty sure that the EU will agree to at least a short extension to keep Brexit from kicking off, but maybe not and we'll have lols.

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Unless new elections afaik.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Another election is the only good reason that makes sense for an extension request. Because otherwise it's demanding that the EU cut some slack to an incompetent government that didn't bother to do its own homework, and can't negotiate a deal that anybody wants.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
A new parliament is the only thing that can change the fundamental arithmetic of this one but she won't jump and the various attempts to push her both before and after xmas have failed as her party have ultimately backed her so we're just stuck. We've had failed parliaments like this many times before but usually preceding some significant historical 'event' cough cough.

We're also rapidly approaching the point where even a resignation wouldn't save us, if she goes at 5pm on March 28th there isn't time for the EU to respond so we'll just sail over the cliff without a government to boot. Interesting times really.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

May resigning on March 28 without a deal might be the biggest "gently caress you" of all time though.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Drunkboxer posted:

i know I fundamentally don’t understand uk politics but I thought the lib dems were your centrist party?

the leader of the lib dems quit a few days ago and nobody noticed lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

May you live in interesting times.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Another election is the only good reason that makes sense for an extension request. Because otherwise it's demanding that the EU cut some slack to an incompetent government that didn't bother to do its own homework, and can't negotiate a deal that anybody wants.

Soft brexit would almost certainly have a majority if there was a free vote on it but may refuses to allow one and the only similar kind got beaten last time

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
BBC reporting May is writing to the EU to request a delay until June 30, so they have time to discuss a longer delay

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

uncertainty posted:

Unless new elections afaik.

Is there anything stopping the EU from making this a prerequisite for an extension? "Call elections or you go over the cliff?"

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BioMe posted:

Well, you guys are screwed

EDIT: Also where's the goon who tried to correct me over this, please stand in front of the class and explain why you lied

Because I didn't want you to be afraid, son. I failed.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
New elections wouldn't occur in time even if they were called for now. The EU probably would give an extension for the UK to have elections, but the tories are not going to call for them. Labour could submit a vote of no confidence but it wouldn't work. If they approved Labour's plan they could get an extension, which they won't do. At this point the only options are recalling article 50, which isn't going happen, or no deal, which will.

10 days.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When can England reapply for EU membership? Is there a cooling off period.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
:yeshaha:

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Jose posted:

Soft brexit would almost certainly have a majority if there was a free vote on it but may refuses to allow one and the only similar kind got beaten last time

Only because 'soft brexit' is about as nebulously defined as Brexit was before the referendum.

Also there remains this British attitude that the EU will just accept whatever we squeeze out as being in our estimation their best interest; what if they don't want to be indefinitely chained to a 'mega-Norway' who hates them.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

When can England reapply for EU membership? Is there a cooling off period.

why would the eu permit such a failed state to join the union

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Didn't the EU want a 2 year extension at some point?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

freckle posted:

good question

Maybe England can form a trade alliance with .... Turkey?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

freckle posted:

UN Mandate, maybe? For an island nation incapable of self-government.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Squizzle posted:

the radical suk zone

To be fair to Cliffe, he was probably the only one of the centrist party advocates to elaborate on his policies. They're so radical they'd make a sans-culotte blush.

https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/879081274970918912?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

move capital to Manchester lmao.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bryter posted:

To be fair to Cliffe, he was probably the only one of the centrist party advocates to elaborate on his policies. They're so radical they'd make a sans-culotte blush.

https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/879081274970918912?s=19

sharing Trident with Germany sure is an interesting one lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I'm the elected senate of city states and nations that takes the place of the abolished house of lords

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

JFairfax posted:

sharing Trident with Germany sure is an interesting one lol

(and its costs) lmao

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

tired: london
wired: manchester
inspired: belfast