Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...did they just not post any of this until now? Or was it only IPPV and they've just started posting free clips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1107768924542664704

....thanks, Dave?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They are being paid to sit out out of Wrestlemania weekend to my understanding. Have posted this on before and before AEW was launched.

The Bucks could have made crazy money just signing at Wrestlecon.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hopefully we get something funny out of them like Heyman after Brock settled with WWE. "Brock can work anywhere he wants." "Can he work for TNA?" "He doesn't want to work for TNA!"

davidbix posted:

...did they just not post any of this until now? Or was it only IPPV and they've just started posting free clips?
It was part of a FITE package months back. The Dave stuff was ok but not as fun as the Highspots interviews with Naylor etc.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Both Meltzer and Bryan were effusive over the Ronda/Travis segment.

Bryan was kind of right though. Ronda would probably just get over as a babyface if they made her do that a lot.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 19, 2019

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Angry Grimace posted:

Both Meltzer and Bryan were effusive over the Ronda/Travis segment.

Bryan was kind of right though. Ronda would probably just get over as a babyface if they made her do that a lot.

It was incredibly boring dogshit and I'm tired of them pretending Ronda is good or that anyone in the audience cares except for wishing she'd go away.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"But haven't you heard, Real Fans and nonmarks like her so clearly that makes her badness good"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So is the new conspiracy theory, Dave Meltzer someone who has openly said he doesn't like Ronda personally is pretending she is good and astroturfed all of the crowd interest in her?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dave Meltzer is biased against everything I like, and biased for everything I dislike.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What is the deeper meaning when jeongyeon appears to pet herself on the head in the "Heart Shaker" video? is she trying to become calmed down from the nervousness of attempting to confess her feelings? She is very cool

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yep (?)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Smh Dave not realizing the difference between heel heat and go away heat.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I think what annoys me the most about Dave is that he never says goodbye at the end of WOR

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Raffles posted:

I think what annoys me the most about Dave is that he never says goodbye at the end of WOR

If you let the San Jose Steamroller to get the last word it'd never end.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The only way WOR should end is while Dave is going for seven minutes about an unrelated topic, the show slowly fades out without a send-off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Raffles posted:

He had zero parenting except television where they never say it

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Raffles posted:

It just wouldn't make sense since he doesn't say hello either.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bring back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWeugQyXoSo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cavauro posted:

He had zero parenting except television where they never say it

His dadHerb was commuting to california from new york

edit: I was actually thinking of the good ship KHALIpop song today and how dumb that was, but when it was first played and it started speeding up and B&V were freaked out

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The only good Dave song is him reading the g1 blocks to yackety sax.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I love and hate the disdain with which Bryan always says the name “Baron Corbin”.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Your Parents posted:

It was incredibly boring dogshit and I'm tired of them pretending Ronda is good or that anyone in the audience cares except for wishing she'd go away.

People have different taste than you. They probably aren't pretending to like things just because you don't like them.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Your Parents posted:

I don't get how you figure that they're pretending or how either you or they are qualified to speak for "anyone in the audience." I thought it was really good, and I even thought it was less good than Dave and Bryan did.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

So is the new conspiracy theory, Dave Meltzer someone who has openly said he doesn't like Ronda personally is pretending she is good and astroturfed all of the crowd interest in her?
He's openly said he doesn't like Rousey personally?

That said I think the theory is that he wouldn't be nearly as positive about the Rousey angles, Tweets, promos, etc. if Heyman wasn't behind them.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Not everything is some elaborate behind-the-scenes political ploy. It's just a TV show. Meltzer and Bryan just liked the angle, which in fact lots of people like.

I mean, okay I guess it is at least possible in theory that Dave Meltzer is working an angle to put over Ronda Rousey to his podcast subscribers for some kind of nefarious behind-the-scenes reason but that sounds like working yourself into a shoot because it's just a TV show. If you actually believe Meltzer is taking your money to lie to you about the quality of a TV show he rips on multiple times a week, you should probably not subscribe to his podcast.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 19, 2019

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Angry Grimace posted:

Not everything is some elaborate behind-the-scenes political ploy. It's just a TV show. Meltzer and Bryan just liked the angle, which in fact lots of people like.

I mean, okay I guess it is at least possible in theory that Dave Meltzer is working an angle to put over Ronda Rousey to his podcast subscribers for some kind of nefarious behind-the-scenes reason but that sounds like working yourself into a shoot because it's just a TV show. If you actually believe Meltzer is taking your money to lie to you about the quality of a TV show he rips on multiple times a week, you should probably not subscribe to his podcast.

lol nobody pushing meltzer conspiracy theories subscribes or even listens to the podcast

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

He's openly said he doesn't like Rousey personally?

That said I think the theory is that he wouldn't be nearly as positive about the Rousey angles, Tweets, promos, etc. if Heyman wasn't behind them.

Said a couple of times he did not like dealing with her during her time in UFC and was a little more blunt about it after her signing with WWE when people were predicting she'd flop.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.wwe.com/article/bruce-prichards-something-to-wrestle-with-tour-heads-to-australia?sf209600932=1

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

lol nobody pushing meltzer conspiracy theories subscribes or even listens to the podcast

The problem is that the people who tend to subscribe to Meltzer are also people who don't watch wrestling as a TV show and instead focus intently on the backstage meaning of everything, even things Meltzer says.

MassRafTer posted:

Said a couple of times he did not like dealing with her during her time in UFC and was a little more blunt about it after her signing with WWE when people were predicting she'd flop.

I mean, I don't know Rousey whatsoever, and Meltzer seems to buy that she's rattled by getting negative reactions, but having clicked on a couple of her video blog things she looks like she's having the time of her life, which you would imagine to be the case when they book you to be the biggest asskicker in wrestling and to never lose in your first year and also to main event WrestleMania. Sure, that could easily just be window dressing, but as far as I know she actually likes wrestling and liked it well ahead of signing, so I would think she understands the concept of getting heat when you get booked against a totally-over-the-top babyface like Becky Lynch.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 19, 2019

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't think anyone thinks that, but there's no way he'd be defending the "scripted" stuff he excoriated Russo for if his friend of 30+ years wasn't involved.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

davidbix posted:

I don't think anyone thinks that, but there's no way he'd be defending the "scripted" stuff he excoriated Russo for if his friend of 30+ years wasn't involved.

I don't think his take on it is unreasonable though. I think there's a point to be made that what Rousey is doing isn't of the same character as "Goldberg is going off script!" I don't think kayfabe itself is inherently an invalid subject for an angle, it's more that the only real experience we have with doing any kind of storyline involving it is WCW when it was plummeting off a cliff. They're pretty carefully managing that they don't have Ronda cut anything close to her blog stuff on TV. She makes references to the stuff, but when you think about it, those references only make sense if you have external context. I watch the show with my roommate who is a regular watcher, but also just a casual fan and he didn't understand any of the stuff she was saying when she was calling it a carny sideshow or whatever. He just figured she was saying nobody can beat her and that it's a joke to suggest they could.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Does anyone know where to find the fan vid of the camera man at RAW that Bryan Alverez was talking about during the beatdown at the beggining of their RAW review?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Demtor posted:

Does anyone know where to find the fan vid of the camera man at RAW that Bryan Alverez was talking about during the beatdown at the beggining of their RAW review?

https://twitter.com/swiftfades_/status/1107811787917778944

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hire that fan for the commentary desk immediately

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The only way the ronda angle could end in a satisfying way for me is if she shoot kicks Vince in the face and then leaves to start a shoot style promotion with most of the NXT wrestlers

Call it the Ultimate Wrestling Foundation

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

The only way the ronda angle could end in a satisfying way for me is if she shoot kicks Vince in the face and then leaves to start a shoot style promotion with most of the NXT wrestlers

Call it the Ultimate Wrestling Foundation

You'll just have to settle with "loses in the main event to the coolest person in the universe and then leaves the company for an unspecified amount of time."

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Wow, thanks so much for sharing that vid. I hosted a wrestling night and had a friend comment that switching from NJPW matches to WWE made him nauseous. I have to send that to him.

Why do they still insist on doing that?! It's just terrible. Half the moves you miss because they are too busy zooming in and out. There was a Daniel Bryan flying knee for the finish I watched recently, you never even get to see his knee. W...T... F? Why??

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Demtor posted:

Wow, thanks so much for sharing that vid. I hosted a wrestling night and had a friend comment that switching from NJPW matches to WWE made him nauseous. I have to send that to him.

Why do they still insist on doing that?! It's just terrible. Half the moves you miss because they are too busy zooming in and out. There was a Daniel Bryan flying knee for the finish I watched recently, you never even get to see his knee. W...T... F? Why??

kevin dunn saw bohemian rhapsody's oscar win and decided he wanted one too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

kevin dunn saw bohemian rhapsody's oscar win and decided he wanted one too

I saw some gif of RAW and counted like 18 camera cuts for a 30 second run and dive to the outside spot.

I dunno how you all can watch that. It hurts my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Demtor posted:

I'm positive I remember that WWE's camerawork/cutting used to be pretty good and even impressive at times way back when, but now I'm worried I just didn't notice how bad it was. It does feel like it has gotten noticably worse the last few years.