Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rugby referee Nigel Owens was also there tonight. He half squats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sassassin posted:

My last interaction with him was when he tried to fight me in the car park a few years ago.

Go on..

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sassassin posted:

My gym got a seated calf raise machine and a buff man had to come show me how to use it properly.

My last interaction with him was when he tried to fight me in the car park a few years ago. Did he remember me? Who can say.

The proper way to use a seated calf machine is not to use it at all since that’s not how calves work.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My gym recently added a nautilus glute drive machine and I really want to try it later but I'm worried the strap won't fit around my ginormous salami gut

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCJxRZgQVW/

I'm probably gonna scope it out for like half an hour and only try to use it when noone's around

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Omnikin posted:

My gym recently added a nautilus glute drive machine and I really want to try it later but I'm worried the strap won't fit around my ginormous salami gut

I'm probably gonna scope it out for like half an hour and only try to use it when noone's around

get one of those belt extenders that extremely fat people have to use on airplanes

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How swole do I have to be to start going after plus size women?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

He came the wrong way out of the car park's one way system as I entered, almost causing an accident as there's a blind bend. Didn't like what I had to say about it (or the hand gestures I made) so got out of his minivan and demanded I join him for a scrap.

lol nope

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gaunab posted:

Horny at any size.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Every single thing taken tonight, I couldn't even find a mirror to curl in front of if they were even any weights left I could curl.

:(

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

Half your deadlift weight minus 7 pounds

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I tried to find that HAES comic (that was being 100% serious btw) but you definitely need abs. No abs do not apply.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
My friends wife called me buff the other day. Feels good.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Omnikin posted:

Do we go to the same gym? Mine added one last week-ish

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

barkbell posted:

Someone called me burley the other day and I’m still not 100% sure what that means.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MarcusSA posted:

Someone called me burley the other day and I’m still not 100% sure what that means.

are you sure they didn't say Hurley?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

are you sure they didn't say Hurley?

good lord I hope not. They definitely said burly and I was like uh ok thanks?

MAYBE I’m JUST BIG BONED OK?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

sir the correct term is powerlifter

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

barkbell posted:

I saw a former coworker Friday who cited my build as their goal after they'd laid off lifting for a while, and I'd feel good about that except now I feel like I'm falling into that cycle of chasing the dragon where I just want bigger numbers

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

ElectricSheep posted:

I saw a former coworker Friday who cited my build as their goal after they'd laid off lifting for a while, and I'd feel good about that except now I feel like I'm falling into that cycle of chasing the dragon where I just want bigger numbers

We're all chasing that dragon, friend. If you squat 1000 pounds, all you want is 1100...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

barkbell posted:

I got my pressure taken by a nurse the other day and she said my arm was huge, the thing almost wouldn't wrap around it :agesilaus:

... my gut is also huge :smith:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Didn't she mean that your bloodpressure was huge?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

barkbell posted:

Truly the best feel.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yesterday a man at the gym told me "You're putting on size, dude, you're getting big" and I was extremely embarrassed for some reason and mumbled some true bullshit about that being a side-effect of the discipline of going to the gym for my sanity's sake as a student

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CheesyDog posted:

Half your deadlift weight minus 7 pounds

lmao if you're not banging girls on the reg who weigh two and a half bills

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao if you're not banging girls on the reg who weigh two and a half bills

Soft and grateful.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Armwrestlers are crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkkL-bAH8H4

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
People compliment me on my physique all the time, usually saying stuff during conversations "...obviously you work out" etc. But it's mostly because I wear way too tight clothing

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
the clothing isn't too tight, your too buff

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

This morning another dude who once gave me a spot said in passing "you're trimming, you're obviously working hard" so I dunno, between two accounts something is going on.

Also ditto on the tight clothing, I mean what else is the point of exercise if not to lord it over others

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

This morning another dude who once gave me a spot said in passing "you're trimming, you're obviously working hard" so I dunno, between two accounts something is going on.

Also ditto on the tight clothing, I mean what else is the point of exercise if not to lord it over others

You're giving out signals.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

WAYWT hates tight clothing. I say they all just need to work out more.

To add to this, last night when I took off my dress shirt I was told my undershirt was looking like I was wearing a rash guard. Tight clothing is the tits when you're in shape.

It doesn't get tighter than spandex!

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 19, 2019

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

sassassin posted:

You're giving out signals.

It's been nearly eight months and its 2019 so I ain't judging

Fhqwhgads posted:

WAYWT hates tight clothing. I say they all just need to work out more.

To add to this, last night when I took off my dress shirt I was told my undershirt was looking like I was wearing a rash guard. Tight clothing is the tits when you're in shape.

While I almost exclusively wear skinny jeans, I prefer "fitted" to "tight." Also I've descended into basic wear and loose-fitting sweats are really comfortable.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is the swole thread, skinny jeans should in no way be an option

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

They're stretchy

Also I'm an ectomorph :negative:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

CheesyDog posted:

This is the swole thread, skinny jeans should in no way be an option

lol if all jeans aren't skinny jeans for your legs.

just. lol

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Fuckboy Supreme indeed

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

lol if all jeans aren't skinny jeans for your legs.

just. lol

Yeah "relaxed straight" jeans look like skinny jeans on me but I don't think that's what DJ Fuckboy Supreme is talking about

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Thor looks tiny compared to now.

RP diet trip report: in 2 weeks my weight has dropped from 97 to 93 kg, strength is actually going up, everything feels great.
On top of that, after adapting the Wenning style of benching, it doesn't anger my shoulders anymore, so my press is finally getting better after stalling pretty much through the whole winter.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

RP is some sort of loving magic when it's followed correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Emphasis on when it's followed correctly.