Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

jokes posted:

The real tragedy is they said they only included that scene because Maisie Williams said she was a huge fan of Ed.

In other words, that scene wasn't going to exist and the lead actress said she liked a band so they dedicated 2 minutes of screen time to that because they don't know what the gently caress they're doing.

I don't know who Ed is either but I thought that scene was, if anything, par for the course. would have been better if we got to see arya murder them all on camera, but that would have had fight choreography, so actually maybe not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

arya is the super bad rear end ninja now so there's is going to be some impossibly bad fight choreography in the final season.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hiiiiya twirly sword powers activate

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ArmZ posted:

somehow this came up in my recs and idk whether to laugh or cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drd8dQKr-oY

28 minutes? Jesus, how long does it take to say "this poo poo sucks rear end"?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

arya is the super bad rear end ninja now so there's is going to be some impossibly bad fight choreography in the final season.

imagine if arya had turned out to be 8 feet tall like sansa, it'd be all bizarro angles trying to make her look lithe and agile with brienne standing on a stool

e: grrm's mastertroll here was getting HBO to commit like this to a show that now has to be carried by the talents of child actors they cast 8 years ago in minor roles

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 19, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

bran will be tall enough to step on a giant this season.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

wooooosh woooooosh sssschwwiiiing waaataaaaahhhh my sword powers and skills are unmatched!!!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

sugar free jazz posted:

wooooosh woooooosh sssschwwiiiing waaataaaaahhhh my sword powers and skills are unmatched!!!

Lmao she pulls off her face and she's actually the dork with red streaks in his hair from season 2!!!!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The old GoT acknowledged that brute force beat skill every time. But now we have 9 year old Arya beating Brienne of Tarth who is noted to be the biggest and smashingist brute force murderer the continent has seen in a dogs age and Arya beats Brienne by slapping her thigh with a toothpick.

Yeah, seems legit.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

john snow has had sex twice in his entire life

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Who What Now posted:

The old GoT acknowledged that brute force beat skill every time. But now we have 9 year old Arya beating Brienne of Tarth who is noted to be the biggest and smashingist brute force murderer the continent has seen in a dogs age and Arya beats Brienne by slapping her thigh with a toothpick.

Yeah, seems legit.

what about the guy from Italy that owned those dudes with his stick

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ArmZ posted:

he was the one who got owned, that's what the hound was pointing out in that scene where arya was doing ballet bullshit with a sword.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ArmZ posted:

He slapped aside some swords and then got stabbed to death, what of it?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, seems legit.

come on, arya riposting a giant fuckoff two handed bastard sword swung by an opponent twice her height and weight with needle is totally cool and good

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Dumbest thing about Arya being a godlike anime swordfighter now is that it's not necessary. If the show wasn't written by idiots it would combine The Hound's teachings about her being too small and weak for a straight up fight with her learning to be sneaky and good at shanking people from stealth.

Instead she can duel people 3 times her size because clearly picking fair and honorable fights is what assassins are best known for.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

boar guy posted:

come on, arya riposting a giant fuckoff two handed bastard sword swung by an opponent twice her height and weight with needle is totally cool and good

It’s the same school of thought that allows millions of people to go to mystic oriental martial arts classes that have never been used in a single mma fight because they’re too deadly.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Hell Yeah posted:

john snow has had sex twice in his entire life

What a winner. John fucks!!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
What if IRL fucker Kit Harrington decides he likes Emilia Clarke better than Rose Leslie and starts a love triangle drama culminating with Rose Leslie sneaking back into the show as an ice zombie extra and she walks right up to Kit Harrington and kicks him in the balls?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I always thought the death of the flamboyant Italian was left ambiguous but it turns out the show is just bad

quote:

However, when she put this theory to show runners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, they quite unequivocally told her: "No, he is dead."

"I was like, 'Oh, OK,’” Williams laughed. "So that put that to bed really quickly, but I guess we can all still dream."

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think it was pretty obvious that he died right then and there.

Now if it was in season 7, he'd anime fight all the king's guards with a wooden sword and chopped off the main guy's head just because.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

So how long until kit harrington's and rose leslie's fairy tale marriage ends up imploding when kit cheats with sophie turner

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

SciFiDownBeat posted:

So how long until kit harrington's and rose leslie's fairy tale marriage ends up imploding when kit cheats with sophie turner

Sophie Turner is 3 feet taller than him and I just made this joke.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i see u have a large sword sandor "the hound" clegane however i have *cartwheel* agility and *cartwheel* speed *back handspring* do not underestimate meeee

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Sophie Turner is 3 feet taller than him and I just made this joke.

I guess my eyes just glossed over your post

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

sugar free jazz posted:

i see u have a large sword sandor "the hound" clegane however i have *cartwheel* agility and *cartwheel* speed *back handspring* do not underestimate meeee

*Potato faced smirk, is 4'10 and kills u*

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I guess my eyes just glossed over your post

It's ok, Sophie Turner makes a more humorous match when he stands on his tippie toes to kiss her.

Does anyone else get a vibe that she is terrible in bed? Taylor Swift puts out this vibe too.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
For scale:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

bring back Ian McShane imo

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What if IRL fucker Kit Harrington decides he likes Emilia Clarke better than Rose Leslie and starts a love triangle drama culminating with Rose Leslie sneaking back into the show as an ice zombie extra and she walks right up to Kit Harrington and kicks him in the balls?

As long as I get to watch Kit Harrington get kicked in the balls, I don't really give a poo poo how we get there.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Does anyone else get a vibe that she is terrible in bed? Taylor Swift puts out this vibe too.

:goonsay:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

bring back Ian McShane imo
openly contemptuous McShane reading plot summaries from the back of GRRM's Hooters receipts for all of season 8.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

*watches 63 hours of television*
me: I hate this.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ArmZ posted:

somehow this came up in my recs and idk whether to laugh or cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drd8dQKr-oY

I ain't watching a half hour of swordplay critique, I can tell it's bad because I have eyes

Instinctively, we know when a fight is not realistic. If your techniques aren't mostly true to life, you still have the drama and editing to fall back on, but at this point, neither is good in the show

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hell Yeah posted:

You finally said something funny in the thread.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Hell Yeah posted:

63 hours of TV makes it sound bad when you don't take into consideration that they were spread across 7 years

And for 4 of those years the quality of the show was nothing to what it currently is.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I ain't watching a half hour of swordplay critique, I can tell it's bad because I have eyes

Instinctively, we know when a fight is not realistic. If your techniques aren't mostly true to life, you still have the drama and editing to fall back on, but at this point, neither is good in the show

Lmao I loved the legend of arthur dayne in the books and when this sequence happened I was like sweet can't wait to see this meteor sword NU NOWNIT ENDS

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bloom posted:

Dumbest thing about Arya being a godlike anime swordfighter now is that it's not necessary. If the show wasn't written by idiots it would combine The Hound's teachings about her being too small and weak for a straight up fight with her learning to be sneaky and good at shanking people from stealth.

Instead she can duel people 3 times her size because clearly picking fair and honorable fights is what assassins are best known for.

It's probably why the whole Riverlands plot was good since she was killing people in a ankle biter fashion like in the inn fight but now she's a anime series super warrior.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The sudden change in how the faceless assassins operate in the series is really abrupt.

Like you have the whole 2nd season of J'aqen sneaking around and killing people from the shadows and proping them so they seem to still be alive, then season 5 you have the botched poisoned clams and Arya disguising as a little girl to catch the Kingsguard offguard...

and then the following season we have a Terminator chase in broad daylight and it just spirals out of control from there into anime swordsman last season

what happened inbetween s5 and s6?

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

I hope gwendoline christie steps on some people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lezard_valeth posted:

what happened inbetween s5 and s6?

They started running out of books