Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So...is the 1993 Jojo OVA any good? I've watched some YouTube clips and it looks...bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s bad but it’s version of the Dio fight does have some highlights

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I remember hearing there was a Part 4 novel where someone approached Josuke and was like "Hey, I can use my Stand to tell you who the hair guy from your backstory was." and Josuke was like "Nah, that would spoil the symbolic impact."

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

punk rebel ecks posted:

So...is the 1993 Jojo OVA any good? I've watched some YouTube clips and it looks...bad.

Its eh but the Darby fight is better than the 2014 version. The dub is alright for that ep too, well by 90s dub standards

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAM3enge50Q

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

"To my ... .... .... .... .... mothersoul" is the part I always remember from this, lol

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I remember hearing there was a Part 4 novel where someone approached Josuke and was like "Hey, I can use my Stand to tell you who the hair guy from your backstory was." and Josuke was like "Nah, that would spoil the symbolic impact."

Is this explained in a future part?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

punk rebel ecks posted:

No and it doesn't need to be explained. It was some random guy, that's what makes it important, that some random kind-hearted man that embodies the golden hearts of Morioh saved Josuke in his childhood despite having nothing to gain from it, thus inspiring that same selfless kindness (and great hair) in Josuke himself.

Trying to think too hard or explain who that man was is missing the point of the scene (and even moreso thinking he's a time-travelling Josuke).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think that post was a joke

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I seriously heard that happened in one of the Part 4 novels.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

punk rebel ecks posted:

It was an Araki forgot moment.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It was an Araki Never Planned For That moment, yes.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the guy who saved josuke was actually the boss of passione

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you can tell he forgot because he went back in time and made sure he hadn't even thought up kira yet so that makes everything that happens before kira shows up an araki forgot moment because obviously everything is supposed to be a time loop and if you click subscribe on my game theory video i can provide you with loads more content like this, and,

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Honestly, the fact that it was just some random guy that saved Josuke is the best.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A young Kazuma Kiryu was walking home in the blizzard after fighting off approx. 20 other thugs and stopped to help a woman and her child out of the snow.

There.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Honestly, the fact that it was just some random guy that saved Josuke is the best.

I agree. It's what makes the moment genuinely powerful. This is someone that has no other role in the story, this isn't a time-travelling Stand User, it's just...a guy. A guy with a selfless heart of gold, which he passed on to a kid, not because he wanted to, not because he wanted to get something out of it, but because he had to do the right thing. That's the spirit of Morioh, as a person. The city of kind-hearted, if easily led astray, people, who took the last blow on the monster that threatened it.

Morioh is pretty goddamn great writing, is what I'm trying to say. Araki goes to impressive extents to make it clear that we shouldn't think of it as a discarded location like the world we got to see in previous Parts, Morioh is just as much of a character as everyone else, and an absolutely vital part of Part 4. Hair-guy is another show of what Morioh is.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
but how can you explain why josuke looks just like the guy who he tried to look just like?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I saved josuke

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Oh my god y'all are the worst pedants about this very fun comic about fabulous guys punching each other with psychic ghosts.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It was Kuwabara

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

but how can you explain why josuke looks just like the guy who he tried to look just like?

Because it was Koichi's flashback and he has no idea what the guy actually looks like.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Because it was Koichi's flashback and he has no idea what the guy actually looks like.

No, he knew exactly what he looked like, because Josuke looks just like him

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Do we ever have a Dio's heir interact with a Joseph heir or star in another Part or is Part 5 it?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was jellyfish

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Bobobo-Bobo-Bobobo

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

somepartsareme posted:

Nobody knows anything about what Hair Guy looks like except that Josuke copied his hair, so in the absence of any hard facts people, including Josuke, just imagine he resembled Josuke. Memories aren't like film; the act of recalling a memory recreates it and transforms it, so if Josuke's goal is to be like the stranger who saved him, then over time he'd naturally imagine the stranger looks like himself, too.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Or Araki forgot.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i thought my post was obviously stupid enough but it's what 'araki forgot' people actually think

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I wonder if Araki ever said anything about that guy in an interview or something. Random guy who saved Josuke is the true hero of Part 4.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Random guy who saved Josuke was the paramedic that ran over Kira. Change my mind.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do we ever have a Dio's heir interact with a Joseph heir or star in another Part or is Part 5 it?

There's no way to answer this without it being a spoiler.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

punk rebel ecks posted:

The only thing I can say without spoiling it is: Kinda

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, you're literally asking us to tell you things that happen in future parts and I don't know how you expected it to end,

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It was explained.
By Koichi.
In the exact same scene where it was shown.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

RatHat posted:

The only thing I can say without spoiling it is: Kinda

The spoiler is all I needed to know. Thank you.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Nobody saved Josuke.

Everything after part 3 is a hallucination as his brain cooked itself to death from the fever.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jotaro saved josuke by killing dio, the guy with big hair is a feverdreamed symbolic representation due to Josuke being unable to comprehend Jotaro's hair/hat situation

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 20, 2019

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tunicate posted:

Jotaro saved josuke by killing dio, the guy with big hair is a feverdreamed symbolic representation due to Josuke being unable to comprehend Jotaro's hair/hat situation

I know his hair/hat situation and I still can't comprehend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

I will forever love this dub just for that mad DAAAAARBY yell from Jotaro.