Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8iEpkcDJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Senju Kannon posted:

dude did uma thurman dirty,

How so?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Almost got her killed

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kill-bill-stunt-coordinator-breaks-silence-uma-thurman-crash-1083542

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v5NzLPi8WU

There were issues with a car during Kill Bill that resulted in Uma Thurman crashing and injuring herself while filming. The information that actually came out hasn't all been confirmed and some of it conflicts, but it sounds like the car was improperly converted, Tarantino wasn't really aware of how bad it was (apparently a teamster just tried to suggest to Thurman on the set that there was a problem with the car instead of actually reporting it as unsafe), and because Tarantino was inexperienced with such stunt-heavy productions he pressured her into doing the drive instead of using a stuntwoman.

Miramax then prevented the footage from being given to her unless she signed a document absolving them of any consequences, which just led to further issues. It wasn't until recently that she and Tarantino patched stuff up and Miramax willingly handed over the footage after the Weinstein stuff hit.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Samovar posted:

Nobody likes Cyclops.

He finds him very credulous.

This is an exceptionally choice joke

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

davidspackage posted:

I can't imagine Batman going "haha!".

Maybe hrmhrm.
Read Batman as Patrick Warburton
He totally killed the Joker.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The story is called The Killing Joke, it only makes sense.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

davidspackage posted:

I can't imagine Batman going "haha!".

Maybe hrmhrm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1bmM7Ihv0Y

Is anyone surprised he laughs like a supervillain?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
As far as I'm concerned, this is canon.

Edit: stupid imgur for ants...

https://m.imgur.com/r/batman/lKeZrfT

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tumblr with a bunch of old TMNT comic panels
https://dicktripwire.tumblr.com/tagged/TMNT

It even has panels from the Cyber Samurai arc where they travel forward in time, and Hitler's Brain makes an appearance.
90s TMNT comics were the bessssttt

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Infinitum posted:

It's way too early to be this wrong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

It's way too early to be this wrong.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Infinitum posted:

But very confusing when one of your parents picked up a random issue to keep you entertained during a holiday. Why are they fighting in some intergalactic arena? Why are they wearing these outfits, so I can’t tell whose who? Why is a gigantic floating cow head transporting them around?

I was so used to the cartoon and games that I really had no idea what was going on.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Infinitum posted:

It even has panels from the Cyber Samurai arc where they travel forward in time, and Hitler's Brain makes an appearance.

Raphael: No. I meant "It's a Demon, Babe." I totally wasn't perving on that Cenobite lady over there.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

But very confusing when one of your parents picked up a random issue to keep you entertained during a holiday. Why are they fighting in some intergalactic arena? Why are they wearing these outfits, so I can’t tell whose who? Why is a gigantic floating cow head transporting them around?

I was so used to the cartoon and games that I really had no idea what was going on.

I had 2 of the 5 comics from Cyber Samurai

A handful of the 4 Horsemen comics

I do remember Cowlick the floating cow head where they all went wrestling for a bit

Just random comics here and there. They were all great :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

His name is Cudley Cowlick. Please take this seriously.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
90's Turtles had a partner team in the Mutanimals, who were ultimately slaughtered by parodies of Ghost Rider, Cable, the Punisher, and some cyborg dude.

The Turtles later find out their old foe, Satan, had a hand in it, because he had hired out his mercenary crew to a monstrous alien queen who wanted to dominate the planet and had been beaten by the Mutanimals when they were introduced, and this leads to Satan giving the Turtles a vision of their old friends burning in hell.

In the end, they end up making the queen's ship crash into the sun, and Slash stays behind to make sure they don't alter their course, and the Turtles escape to go back on pizza adventures.

Fuckin' 90's Turtles was amazing, man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

John Dyne posted:

The Turtles later find out their old foe, Satan, had a hand in it, because he had hired out his mercenary crew to a monstrous alien queen who wanted to dominate the planet and had been beaten by the Mutanimals when they were introduced, and this leads to Satan giving the Turtles a vision of their old friends burning in hell.

In the end, they end up making the queen's ship crash into the sun, and Slash stays behind to make sure they don't alter their course, and the Turtles escape to go back on pizza adventures.

Fuckin' 90's Turtles was amazing, man.

Mondo Gecko!
Wing Nut!
Screw Loose!
Jaguar! (Jaguara?)
One who I think was called Manta-Ray?
The last one whose name I don't remember!

All being tortured in Hell?
Noooo, my childhood!! The trauma has found me!!!
:stonk:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some cyborg dude.

Look at this clown who doesnt know Deathlok when he sees him.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
The black dude named Lynch tho....

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Ghost Rider parody is just normal The Orb

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Only if he suffers a major injury to his eye.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

John Dyne posted:

The Turtles later find out their old foe, Satan,

:bahgawd:

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

The Question IRL posted:

Jaguar! (Jaguara?)
One who I think was called Manta-Ray?
The last one whose name I don't remember!

Jagwar, Ray Fillet (originally Man Ray), Dreadmon

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Isn't she a fox demon herself? Don't go judging people now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

evilmiera posted:

Ninjara is just a Fox Person and not a mutant, from memory

I remember a plot thread that was very much a Children Of The Atom series where the Bad Guy was trying to unleash a giant demon dragon that they could mind control, and Master Splinter had A Very Special Moment visiting the Atomic Dome at Hiroshima

90s TMNT was loving wild

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Please stop calling it 90s TMNT, the Archie comics line wasn't the only TMNT comic published in the 90s and it started in 1988.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Samuringa posted:

The Ghost Rider parody is just normal The Orb

Man, this Residents tie-in comic goes to some weird places.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Lurdiak posted:

Please stop calling it 90s TMNT, the Archie comics line wasn't the only TMNT comic published in the 90s and it started in 1988.

You say this like the Mirage comics WEREN'T fuckin' dope and crazy as hell, too.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Sometimes I want to throw together an online forum specifically for kids who found the cartoon or the Archie run first, then picked up the first few Mirage TMNT TPBs, unaware of the ninja slaughter that awaited them.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

evilmiera posted:

Internalized demonism

"Who's more demonist: turtles, or demons?"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wanderer posted:

Sometimes I want to throw together an online forum specifically for kids who found the cartoon or the Archie run first, then picked up the first few Mirage TMNT TPBs, unaware of the ninja slaughter that awaited them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Sorry Archie TMNT is the only 90s TMNT for me. Look how hardcore and broody it got

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Sorry Archie TMNT is the only 90s TMNT for me. Look how hardcore and broody it got

You joke and yet, that panel is doing a really good job of weaving in a mature take on absurd subject matter. You have a young Raphael who is going off on an angry rant about discovering how he's going to live a super long life and how that's going to prevent him from forming lasting relationships with anyone except his brothers. While his older, more mature self is desperately trying to impart important life lessons onto his younger self, that is completely going over his head.

You can see the youthful anger on the young Ralph's face while the aged Ralph just despairs at how he's been giving this chance to right a regret and how it's not working.

There's a lot of maturity in that. Talking about relationships as if they are a precise gift to be nurtured and not taken for granted.

Compare this to the more "hardcore and broody" TMNT comic by Image from the late 90's where it (sort of) ends with Leo and Mikey talking about how they boned so many human chicks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Question IRL posted:

You joke and yet, that panel is doing a really good job of weaving in a mature take on absurd subject matter. You have a young Raphael who is going off on an angry rant about discovering how he's going to live a super long life and how that's going to prevent him from forming lasting relationships with anyone except his brothers. While his older, more mature self is desperately trying to impart important life lessons onto his younger self, that is completely going over his head.

You can see the youthful anger on the young Ralph's face while the aged Ralph just despairs at how he's been giving this chance to right a regret and how it's not working.

There's a lot of maturity in that. Talking about relationships as if they are a precise gift to be nurtured and not taken for granted.

Compare this to the more "hardcore and broody" TMNT comic by Image from the late 90's where it (sort of) ends with Leo and Mikey talking about how they boned so many human chicks.

Why the trucker hat though, what's that trying to impart

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Why the trucker hat though, what's that trying to impart

Well they are in a New York that has been destroyed by climate change. So I guess he wants to Make America Great again.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It’s also easy to see from every angle, unlike the eyepatch/bandana combo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can't help but feel like different colored bandanas would solve this problem.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Raphael would never stop flagging for fist loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

But they are both Raphael? If ever there was a time for two Turtles to have the same colour bandanas, this is it.