Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ive never seen the movie or read any of the books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

exmachina posted:

Seeing as BR49 seems to be a audition for dune, let's wait and see.

Right, so who has not been cast. I can see Feyd, Liet-kynes and Thufir as main characters, Shadout Mapes, Irulan Jamis and Harah as minors. I am going to ignore characters in the dinner scene, it will probably be pared back for the movie. But they better have the scene.

I think the emperor and feyd (and the confirmation of chani) are the biggest casting decisions that will have an impact on the movie. I’m also wondering if they will make Tuek a bigger character. And I 100% agree with the dinner scene. That could be tense as all hell if done right.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I still really want Tom Holland as feyd.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Yeah I could see them expanding Tuek Jr's role too to give more background to Gurney and Cpt. Aramsham

DebonaireD posted:

And he can't spoil anything either.

exmachina fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 18, 2019

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
My guess is that since they're doing a two-parter, the first one is going to have a different emphasis on the characters and their roles. My guess is roughly that part one will end with Paul's induction into Fremen society and the antagonist will be Rabban. That frees up so much space to flesh out the scenery and whatnot, leaving the story unhurried.

DebonaireD posted:

Not angular enough.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

exmachina posted:

Seeing as BR49 seems to be a audition for dune, let's wait and see.

Right, so who has not been cast. I can see Feyd, Liet-kynes and Thufir as main characters, Shadout Mapes, Irulan Jamis and Harah as minors. I am going to ignore characters in the dinner scene, it will probably be pared back for the movie. But they better have the scene.

I need to know who will be cast as soo soo.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Temaukel posted:

I need to know who will be cast as soo soo.

Justin Timberlake.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

phasmid posted:

Justin Timberlake.

Perfect.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Actually using cameos by famous actors or other cultural icons who may want to break into acting isn't a bad idea: it will get people who are not rabid dune fans into the scene, it will give the scene that feeling of being part of the dukes propaganda network, and any bad acting can be explained by the fact that almost everybody except Kynes is being incredibly fake.

Also it is an interior scene and could be an excuse for the costuming Dept to go hog wild, because people are dressing to impress.

Edit: Khloe Kardashian as the not-so-empty-headed girl

Also Justin should play Jamis

exmachina fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 18, 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I was a friend of Jamis, I bought his first cd

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jamis Ian made some good songs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am a Fugitive from a C.H.O.A.M. Gang

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wouldn't be surprised if Zimmer's had ideas for a Dune soundtrack for years.

It's actually a pretty good environment for a Dune movie, since stretching sings out into a series/cinematic universe is one of the biggest goals of studios now, and Dune is an easier sell as a sci-fi epic that's Game of Thrones in space with an ensemble cast.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I feel timothe Chalamet would be a much better Feyd than Paul.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dune, but all the characters are chinese

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

fremen are still muslims

space jews are still jews

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Didn't see anything in here about Stephen Henderson being cast in an as yet unannounced role.

He's one of those 'Oh yeah, him' actors who you recognise but never remember the name of:

I'm guessing he's Thufir Hawat.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

BONGHITZ posted:

fremen are still muslims

space jews are still jews

Fremen are...Uighur?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I am listening to chapterhouse, which i never read.

Murbella trying and failing to kick duncan to death constantly is hilarious and the space jew stuff is :psyduck: as hell

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I feel like Chapterhouse was weirder than Heretics by a slight margin.

Thinking about that hypnobong :2bong:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

quote:

"Very good," Sirafa said. "May I presume you can administer vaginal pulsing?"
"I can."
"From any position?"
"I can control any muscle in my body!"
Sirafa glanced past Lucilla at Burzmali. "True?"
Burzmali spoke from close behind Lucilla: "Or she would not claim it."
Sirafa looked thoughtful, her focus on Lucilla's chin. "This is a complication, I think."
"Lest you get the wrong idea," Lucilla said, "the abilities I was taught are not usually marketed. They have another purpose."
"Oh, I'm sure they do," Sirafa said. "But sexual agility is a --"
"Agility!" Lucilla allowed her tone to convey the full weight of a Reverend Mother's outrage. No matter that this might be what Sirafa hoped to achieve, she had to be put in her place! "Agility, you say? I can control genital temperature. I know and can arouse the fifty-one excitation points. I -"
"Fifty-one? But there are only --"
"Fifty-one!" Lucilla snapped. "And the sequencing plus the combinations number two thousand and eight. Furthermore, in combination with the two hundred and five sexual positions
"Two hundred and five?" Sirafa was clearly startled. "Surely, you don't mean --"
"More, actually, if you count minor variations. I am an Imprinter, which means I have mastered the three hundred steps of orgasmic amplification!"
Sirafa cleared her throat and wet her lips with her tongue. "I must warn you then to restrain yourself. Keep your full abilities unexpressed or . . ." Once more, she looked at Burzmali. "Why didn't you warn me?"

Heretics is loving weird.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In his later years Frank mastered the ancient Bene Perveret method of typing with one hand.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

kiimo posted:

In his later years Frank mastered the ancient Bene Perveret method of typing with one hand.

Joining such luminaries as William Burroughs and the Marquis de Sade.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I wanna be a space jew. How do I get in on that?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

phasmid posted:

Joining such luminaries as William Burroughs and the Marquis de Sade.

Do not speak aloud of the breeding program

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

MarcusSA posted:

I wanna be a space jew. How do I get in on that?

https://youtu.be/q4ILCgD7Ma0

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kiimo posted:

Jerk off without rhythm to avoid the premature ejaculation.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jerk off without rhythm to avoid the premature ejaculation.

Fremen would never waste water by jerking off.

Unrelated, Fremen are extremely angry and violent by nature.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

tanglewood1420 posted:

Didn't see anything in here about Stephen Henderson being cast in an as yet unannounced role.

He's one of those 'Oh yeah, him' actors who you recognise but never remember the name of:

I'm guessing he's Thufir Hawat.

Yes Thufir makes sense. I remember him as the NSA agent in Newsroom. He would make a better post-betrayal thufir than a Pre-betrayal one I think

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

quote:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class on Wallach IX, and I've been involved in numerous secret lays with fish speakers, and I know over 300 amplified sexual positions. I am trained in vaginal pulsation and I'm the top gusher in the entire BG sisterhood. You are nothing to me but just another imprint target. I will gently caress you with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this no-ship, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with using the voice on me? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the galaxy and your DNA is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my pussy lips. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the CHOAM Company and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the planet, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Nice

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kiimo posted:

Fremen would never waste water by jerking off.

Unrelated, Fremen are extremely angry and violent by nature.

But stillsuits are designed to capture the body's fluids and recycle them into water to drink and aaaaaa

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tree Bucket posted:

But stillsuits are designed to capture the body's fluids and recycle them into water to drink and aaaaaa

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tree Bucket posted:

There's a whole section in the Dune Encyclopedia about Fremen menstruation and I was extremely :yikes: when I found it.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

There are no words.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Replaying the entirety of David Lynch's Dune in my head with the knowledge that all fremen are currently getting head from their stillsuit at all times while they speak.

"Usul...has called a biiiiIIIIIIIGGG one...again it is the...legendddd"

"They said your were dead. They saaaaiiiiddddd...YOU YOUNG PUP"

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Piter de Vries offers a bounty of one million solaris for a vial of Fremen jizz.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The death of Liet Kynes in the pre-cum mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

The death of Liet Kynes in the pre-cum mess

When God hath ordained a creature to spunk in a particular place, He causeth that creature's wants to direct him to that place.