Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Crabcore is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

p.s. I sure hope that singer (apparently he's the one man band on record?) is a black dude for how much he's dropping n-bombs in the chorus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I seriously had a tough time (until the copyright at the end) trying to figure out if it was from 2008 or not

e: i still think about this video a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSZI6UJEUQ

izagoof fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 14, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
So where does the Bass VI fit?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Where do jazzboxes go

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shugojin posted:

Where do jazzboxes go

Just slide the Stratocaster dot all the way to the bottom.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I have a problem with this!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HOGWASH!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Dick Dale died, which is the stupidest music poo poo today. :smith:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

What?! No! :smith:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
gently caress.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

I realized that I needed this graph, but then for synthesizers

e: "actually, it's Ephiphone?"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

Dick Dale died, which is the stupidest music poo poo today. :smith:

Dr. Faustus posted:

gently caress.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPvTHnx8seI

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

As a bass player I want full communism now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chalupa Joe posted:

:hfive:

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

Headless guitars should be somewhere.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Laserjet 4P posted:

e: "actually, it's Ephiphone?"

I also do not get the joke

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thermos H Christ posted:

I also do not get the joke

actually, it's ephebophilia

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Bass VI should be placed directly next to the word 'Left'

Steinbergers should be directly above the word 'Libertarian' with all other headless guitars streaming off to the right

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Learning a bunch of out-of-my-wheelhouse covers by like Hendrix and Skynyrd as a favor to a friend and holy poo poo no wonder punk music was invented. What a buncha wankers.

Chalupa Joe posted:

:buddy: :respek: :buddy:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gently caress Your Website posted:

Bass VI should be placed directly next to the word 'Left'

Steinbergers should be directly above the word 'Libertarian' with all other headless guitars streaming off to the right

What about Steinberger basses? (Pre-Gibson)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

so what's the most authoritarian guitar?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

hexwren posted:

so what's the most authoritarian guitar?

BC Rich

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

scuz posted:

Learning a bunch of out-of-my-wheelhouse covers by like Hendrix and Skynyrd as a favor to a friend and holy poo poo no wonder punk music was invented. What a buncha wankers.

i always thought skynyrd tunes were pretty simple and straightforward

counterpoint

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think any PRS would fit that bill.

BC Rich would be anarchy.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i always thought skynyrd tunes were pretty simple and straightforward
Warning: subjective views ahead.

Their structures are completely barebones (12-bar blues progressions, mostly), but there's just so much superfluous, ego-boosting noodling and solos and yipes, that "Simple Man" bassline? Completely unnecessary, imo, especially when most of those songs are just vessels for extended, wank-y guitar solos. Reeeeally not my cup of tea, but I'm also glad that I get to branch out and learn new things that I would never have done unless I were doing a favor for a pal (i.e. learning all this baloney).

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

scuz posted:

Their structures are completely barebones (12-bar blues progressions, mostly), but there's just so much superfluous, ego-boosting noodling and solos and yipes, that "Simple Man" bassline? Completely unnecessary, imo, especially when most of those songs are just vessels for extended, wank-y guitar solos. Reeeeally not my cup of tea, but I'm also glad that I get to branch out and learn new things that I would never have done unless I were doing a favor for a pal (i.e. learning all this baloney).

So you've never sipped bourbon straight from the bottle on the "front porch" of a lean-to for decades on end, have you?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I mean you have a point, but what's necessary music?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The bassline in Simple Man isn’t even anything close to unnecessary but as you said. Subjective.

Siivola posted:

I mean you have a point, but what's necessary music?

Yeah not trying to poo poo on scuz but I always thought wanky/indulgent/etc was a really shallow critique of music.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

scuz posted:

lol what the gently caress are you talking about? do you just sit on the root like a fat loser all song?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like wank-y parts that make me go "gently caress yeah!" :krad: or give me them goosebumps.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But at the same time:
  • Give me more Picciotto-MacKaye.
  • Give me more Verlaine-Lloyd.
  • Gimme more Bowie-Brylawski
  • Give me all them Tucker-Brownstein
  • Give me them Clark-Thelen duets.
Gimme them filthy, fucky-riffs. :rock:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 20, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BMzkObpIng

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANYzZm2jdeA

(fyi you can play this entire song without having to change hand positions)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol what the gently caress are you talking about? do you just sit on the root like a fat loser all song?

Honestly it sounds like composer's disease. From a playing/listening perspective it's relaxed, smooth, but fast and all over the place.

If you go into it analytically and assume every single note was planned in advance and given careful consideration before being put to the page in order to recreate the exact musical output of the original artist, well... you're gonna have a bad time.

Unless being mega-technical is your thing anyway.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

But at the same time:
  • Give me more Picciotto-MacKaye.
  • Give me more Verlaine-Lloyd.
  • Gimme more Bowie-Brylawski
  • Give me all them Tucker-Brownstein
  • Give me them Clark-Thelen duets.
Gimme them filthy, fucky-riffs. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaez19mz980

I was listening to this in the car today for the first time in years. It's dueling guitar riffs in every goddamn song. That fuzz bass sounds amazing, too, given that this was probably recorded for fifty cents and a half case of bud lite.

That album is an acquired taste, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

OutOfPrint posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaez19mz980

I was listening to this in the car today for the first time in years. It's dueling guitar riffs in every goddamn song. That fuzz bass sounds amazing, too, given that this was probably recorded for fifty cents and a half case of bud lite.

That album is an acquired taste, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.

I’ve seen their name for ages but can’t remember ever hearing them- and it’s good! The guitar sound in the first song reminds me of a sped up Daughters song.

Thanks!

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
I'm guessing Jackson and Charvel superstrats lie somewhere around the "a" in Jazzmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

scuz posted:

I mean you're entitled to your opinion and all but I'm laughing my rear end off at the idea that Lynyrd Skynyrd of all groups is where you draw the line. Beethoven must drive you insane.