Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

davidbix posted:

...I thought they changed the name from Uncensored to United years ago?

Nah. There was a show called WSU United once, but it was only the name of the show, not a rebranding of the company. Honestly WSU hasn't been edgy since Kimber Lee & Annie Social were a tag team named Chicks Using Nasty Tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

Nah. There was a show called WSU United once, but it was only the name of the show, not a rebranding of the company. Honestly WSU hasn't been edgy since Kimber Lee & Annie Social were a tag team named Chicks Using Nasty Tactics.

I think the last time I watched a WSU show, it was pretty much the epitome of "afternoon women's show before the main show" show. SHINE at least pretends to not be the +1 for a wrestling weekend.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Angry Grimace posted:

Counterpoint: if you don't bring in McGregor, the headlines the next day are probably "baseball is back here is some poo poo that is happening around the league" or "Trump said something loving dumb again." People who already watch wrestling care a LOT about the women main eventing, but I doubt the mainstream media does. They're years behind UFC and it required them to actually get the UFC headliner herself for them to do it despite the fact that most of the principal characters in the whole women's wrestling push were already on the roster for several years before Rousey even signed.

I personally think it would be a lot funnier, cheaper and more on-brand if Becky had Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes show up to WrestleMania as her entourage.

That would be really weird for "baseball is back" to be a headline like 10 days after the season starts

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

IcePhoenix posted:

That would be really weird for "baseball is back" to be a headline like 10 days after the season starts

The steroid era of baseball is back?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

I spend at least 14 days telling people baseball is back at the start of the season.

Because God damnit, baseball is back. :allears:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

VJeff posted:

I spend at least 14 days telling people baseball is back at the start of the season.

Yeah, I appreciate the warning so I can avoid that trash.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Bryce Harper's still in the division and now going to play against my team instead of for my team, I promise I'm going to ignore the warnings this year :negative:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Bryce Harper's still in the division and now going to play against my team instead of for my team, I promise I'm going to ignore the warnings this year :negative:

You could just root for the other team in the area, which team is th--- oh dear god.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

VJeff posted:

you and me both brother. BRING ON THE BEISBOLLLLLLL

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I haven't been this excited for baseball season in years, and I went to like 23 games last year. If I had to take a wild stab at why, I'm guessing it's because my team signed Manny Machado and their top prospect is basically big-league ready. :getin:

And hey, for wrestling related baseball content, John Cena is going to be at a game this year at some point that I will be attending and he's gonna throw out the first pitch because he made friends with one of the Padres' prospects and is going to be there when he makes his debut at Petco Park. There was a cool story in the Athletic (which ordinarily costs money, but this one was unlocked) to explain why: https://theathletic.com/853038/2019...artly-to-thank/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gif twitter targeted again, @TotalDivasEps suspended for the second time https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Chris James 2 posted:

gif twitter targeted again, @TotalDivasEps suspended for the second time https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps

Apparently they're back up and running at https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Apparently its from a clip back in 2017 when Fale killed Daryl and they put that sad Sarah McLaughlin Arms of an Angel song over it that got them suspended.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1108136298123010049

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1108202967671496704

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Be nicer to your mom, BIG E :mad:

Edit: Nevermind, he learned it from her!

https://twitter.com/TheAJMendez/status/1101602360093220864

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 20, 2019

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheAJMendez/status/1108408210799714304

She truly is the only good AJ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:hai:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1108388035027263488?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wooooork

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

New Day working the marks hard

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvOkqWfA5CP/

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Feeling like this is gonna get announced as a title vs career match or something.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

And?

I was sharing it because I liked the video.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

So, the "people like us" thing, at the risk of being obvious, that's meant to be a racial thing right? They want us to know they're saying "black people" but don't want to come out and say it?

If so, the two obvious counters are Rocky and Booker. I think there is some nuance that differentiates Rocky from Kofi so the racial element of the angle still works, but it's dangerous waters to try to spell out explicitly.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Hellblazer187 posted:

So, the "people like us" thing, at the risk of being obvious, that's meant to be a racial thing right? They want us to know they're saying "black people" but don't want to come out and say it?

If so, the two obvious counters are Rocky and Booker. I think there is some nuance that differentiates Rocky from Kofi so the racial element of the angle still works, but it's dangerous waters to try to spell out explicitly.

"People like us" is a direct reference to Triple H's "People like you don't win championships" to Booker before then beating him, yes.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Draxion posted:

"People like us" is a direct reference to Triple H's "People like you don't win championships" to Booker before then beating him, yes.

That was the grossest bullshit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is Booker T really an argument against "black people in WWE are historically not booked well"?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's King Booker, you peasant.

And yes, historically, black wrestlers have never been a priority for WWE booking. Its either comedy spots or ANGRY BECAUSE IM BLACK stuff.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is Booker T really an argument against "black people in WWE are historically not booked well"?

No, but he's an argument against saying "black people have never held top championships." At least, he is superficially but 1) The title he held in WWE was still a second tier title 2) He walked into WWE already holding that particular belt, 3) He never had a true WM moment of winning the belt.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

uhh. rock does the most intense dance around calling himself black. he wont say "I am black" but he will say "I identify with all aspects of my culture"

flashy_mcflash posted:

Only to bigoted and biased people who do everything in their power to avoid the issue of race honestly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's on this page.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

uhh. rock does the most intense dance around calling himself black. he wont say "I am black" but he will say "I identify with all aspects of my culture"

Only to bigoted and biased people who do everything in their power to avoid the issue of race honestly.

It came up on twitter and like, just today he said "I identify as Samoan and Black." He also mentions it a bit in his book, although I assume that was ghost written, I also assume it was ghost written after talking to him and I doubt the ghostwriter would just go there without it being something that was discussed.

I don't think I'm the person to get into a colorism/shadism discussion on this, but I think even though Rock obviously got pushed to the moon, had several WM moments, and treated as a top guy, and he is black, I don't think that invalidates the Kofi/New Day point at all.

In all of North American wrestling the only black world champions I can think of are Rock, Booker, and Ron Simmons. Rock is the only one of them who was truly booked as a top star.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

It came up on twitter and like, just today he said "I identify as Samoan and Black." He also mentions it a bit in his book, although I assume that was ghost written, I also assume it was ghost written after talking to him and I doubt the ghostwriter would just go there without it being something that was discussed.

I don't think I'm the person to get into a colorism/shadism discussion on this, but I think even though Rock obviously got pushed to the moon, had several WM moments, and treated as a top guy, and he is black, I don't think that invalidates the Kofi/New Day point at all.

In all of North American wrestling the only black world champions I can think of are Rock, Booker, and Ron Simmons. Rock is the only one of them who was truly booked as a top star.

you know this is like literally the first time he explicitly stated it that way. That's pretty much what the problem was. when he first became a movie star he really really did a lot of dodging on this. before that he would duck and cover like he was in a "what to do in case of a nuke" video

also if we really look at rock's booking he was one of the weakest top stars they just beat his rear end and let him say poo poo that made people forgot he got his rear end beat most of the time.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hellblazer187 posted:

Bearcat Wright

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/Athletics/status/1108325589604167680

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

A's all the way baby

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Smoking Crow posted:

Bearcat Wright

Bit before my time. Not sure if the titles he held count as top belts, it looks like he was never NWA champion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

Bearcat Wright

Junkyard Dog

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ernie Ladd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo