Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

Goons Are Great posted:

Yes, but bugs are an order in the class of Insects, in the phylum of arthropoda, which means you would specifically exclude spiders and also ants or even lovely butterflies with calling them bugs!

However Bugs are awesome for themselves either way.

all tiny animals are great then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

My dog says hello

this is seriously an a+ pupper

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Goons Are Great posted:

Hello vanisher dog, you look gorgeous!!

:stare: i'm so, so sorry i took the time to make this...

vanisher

We are going to the park later today, I havent told him yet its a surprise

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

lol

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
want 2 date ur dog pls

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

This is art

vanisher posted:

We are going to the park later today, I havent told him yet its a surprise

Please please video his reaction; Link is a beautiful boi and I just want to hug his face

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

Yes, but bugs are an order in the class of Insects, in the phylum of arthropoda, which means you would specifically exclude spiders and also ants or even lovely butterflies with calling them bugs!

However Bugs are awesome for themselves either way.

I would say colloquially people use "bug" to refer to the broader category of tiny exoskeleton creatures, few are aware of the true Order of the Bug

ty manifisto

vanisher

Links reaction to being told we are going to the park is to bark at me until we arrive at the park

vanisher

He will then bark at the park until he is too tired to bark, then we will go home

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

:eyepop:

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

I would say colloquially people use "bug" to refer to the broader category of tiny exoskeleton creatures, few are aware of the true Order of the Bug

I call a meeting of the Arthropods. Even though thst still doesn't include awesome little friends like Springtails or earth worms who most people don't know that they make up a brutally high percentage of all life on Earth and they keep our world running!!
OK, instead let's go with

phantump21 posted:

all tiny animals are great then.

Generally all animals but yes, small six or above legged animals are amazing!!

Goons Are Gifts

Luvcow posted:

:hmmyes:

City of Glompton

take a picture of him in the park and post it

title it link in park

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

vanisher posted:

Links reaction to being told we are going to the park is to bark at me until we arrive at the park

vanisher posted:

He will then bark at the park until he is too tired to bark, then we will go home

City of Glompton posted:

title it link in park

:hmmyes:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

City of Glompton posted:

title it link in park

NOW that's art

Robot Made of Meat

vanisher posted:

My dog says hello

Hello Vanisher's pup!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

vanisher posted:

Wait.

Wait.

There is a dog somewhere who can get too tired to bark?

Can you teach Cosmo this trick?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

forpush

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
i lurked

Areola Grande

admitting it is the first step!

do you have a pet

Manifisto

hi fp! what's good? how are the pets, or if you are currently pet-challenged, what pet would you get if logistics did not play into it?

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Welcome

Hello

&Chat

forpush

Manifisto posted:

hi fp! what's good? how are the pets, or if you are currently pet-challenged, what pet would you get if logistics did not play into it?

currently pet challenged, my wife is on a mission though, learning to drive so that we can move out of the city and buy a house so that we can get no less than 2 dogs, one small and one large, from the dog shelter. looking forward to it

Manifisto

fruitpunch posted:

currently pet challenged, my wife is on a mission though, learning to drive so that we can move out of the city and buy a house so that we can get no less than 2 dogs, one small and one large, from the dog shelter. looking forward to it

I feel you, I am pet challenged as well but try to live vicariously through others. that sounds like a good plan on your part tho!

forpush

Manifisto posted:

I feel you, I am pet challenged as well but try to live vicariously through others. that sounds like a good plan on your part tho!

yeah it's rough, lots of my family have dogs so i get to hang out with those buddies at least

https://imgur.com/gallery/DMQJi here check out my aunt's dog when she was a pup

Manifisto

fruitpunch posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/DMQJi here check out my aunt's dog when she was a pup

:stare: good lord that is cute

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

I call a meeting of the Arthropods.

No spiders allowed!

Earthworms are amazing and also detrimental to swaths of North America ecologies, which is bad. Amy Stewart's The Earth Moved is great reading. Very accessible to the lay person.

forpush

Manifisto posted:

Areola Grande

xcheopis posted:

lay person

the sex haver thread is warping ur mind.

this guy is clearly sprung 4 Spring

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

xcheopis posted:

No spiders allowed!

Earthworms are amazing and also detrimental to swaths of North America ecologies, which is bad. Amy Stewart's The Earth Moved is great reading. Very accessible to the lay person.

this is my kind of book, looked it up and buying a copy asap. can you give us a quick synopsis of why they are detrimental in some areas? still going to get and read but you're post made me really curious.

MockingQuantum

I know around here they contribute negatively in a lot of little ways-- their poop is toxic to local flora, they over-aerate the soil in naturally loamy areas so floodplains lose too much topsoil and become barren, they're a food supply for a variety of mole that isn't strictly speaking invasive but really shouldn't be around in their current numbers, and they in turn destroy a lot of plants that are important to local ecologies

thank you luvcow for the sig

xcheopis

Luvcow posted:

this is my kind of book, looked it up and buying a copy asap. can you give us a quick synopsis of why they are detrimental in some areas? still going to get and read but you're post made me really curious.

Some types of forest require build-up of plant detritus in order to flourish. Earthworms wreck that ecology by eating the detritus and compacting the forest floor and the trees die.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MockingQuantum posted:

I know around here they contribute negatively in a lot of little ways-- their poop is toxic to local flora, they over-aerate the soil in naturally loamy areas so floodplains lose too much topsoil and become barren, they're a food supply for a variety of mole that isn't strictly speaking invasive but really shouldn't be around in their current numbers, and they in turn destroy a lot of plants that are important to local ecologies

xcheopis posted:

Some types of forest require build-up of plant detritus in order to flourish. Earthworms wreck that ecology by eating the detritus and compacting the forest floor and the trees die.

thank you for the knowledge

:)

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
The thread said I must post and as you know you should always do what random internet websites say.

Hello. I'm new/old. Mostly just lurked occasionally over the last idk 12 years or so and read frontpage stuff. Regged for GWS, idk why I never looked in there before.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Resting Lich Face posted:

The thread said I must post and as you know you should always do what random internet websites say.

Hello. I'm new/old. Mostly just lurked occasionally over the last idk 12 years or so and read frontpage stuff. Regged for GWS, idk why I never looked in there before.

Welcome, hello & chat.

vanisher

Resting Lich Face posted:

Hey welcome new/old people!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

forpush

vanisher posted:

Hey welcome new/old people!

i'm a bit of both. I used to post in the 'yob a lot back in 07/08 but i haven't used SA very much except for lurking for a long long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

hello fruitpunch and resting litch face (excellent usernames imo) welcome i'm glad you posted!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig