Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Piell posted:

What was the Jared Holt tweet, it's gone now.

He said that New Zealand had banned access to sites like 4chan and 8chan, but that was wrong and he got a couple stories mixed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

InsertPotPun posted:

I 100% believe that trump believes CNN only polls CNN fans.
CNN doesn't like him, so they tell their fans to not like him, so they don't.
And then CNN takes a poll of CNN fans who say what CNN tells them to.
Thus CNN must have reported 77% good news about him on this issue!
According to THEIR OWN POLL!!

It's...frightening to think of the implications of this. Does he really have that cartoonish a view of how the world works?

Oh gently caress of course he does.

It's that "NPC" meme bullshit. No wonder trump doesn't care about anyone but himself: he's the only awake person in a world full of sheeple. A complete lack of empathy in the party that was already 98% lack of empathy.

He thinks people just constantly make poo poo up. Because that’s what he does.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Lycus posted:

He said that New Zealand had banned access to sites like 4chan and 8chan, but that was wrong and he got a couple stories mixed up.

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1108176871735390208?s=20

The new, correct version of the tweet

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1108177517461024768?s=20

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)
Can't wait to see this same folks now coming out in support of net neutrality. Lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ugato posted:

He thinks people just constantly make poo poo up. Because that’s what he does.

No, he believes he's smart and has big brain and everyone else is dumb as gently caress.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Gatts posted:

My proposal for the Middle East is to give the Palestinians to Canada and send the Israelis to Australia then glass that area or turn it into an amusement park/museum called Holy Land and the profits from tickets sold will go to charitable causes.

Ripoff posted:

We could even have characters of all the religious deities have a parade around the park before engaging in a “Medieval Times” style dinner tournament where they’ll beat each other senseless to determine the realest religion.
Well, there is The Holy Land Experience, located a few miles from Disney World. From what I hear from the few brave friends who have gone, it's well-done but pretty bonkers. They sadly do not appear to have battle reenactments though (missed opportunity, imo).

Otteration posted:

CDC: MAGA Disease (MAGA) is a rare and deadly disease in people and (mostly) nonhuman primates. The viruses that cause MAGA are located mainly in rural US populations with no hope at all, because of MAGA. People can get MAGA through direct contact with an infected animal (fox or twitter critter) or a sick or dead website or podcast infected with MAGA virus.

There is no approved vaccine or treatment for MAGA. Research on MAGA focuses on finding the virus’ natural host, developing vaccines to protect at-risk populations, and discovering therapies to improve treatment of the disease.
Sounds like the framework for a SCP article.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

KillerQueen posted:

What ever happened to throwing bottles at people?

Forget it, Jake. It's Canadatown.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1108187855954870272

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1108190837257764864

fusionpit
Sep 8, 2005

Does that make me crazy?
College Slice
What the gently caress didn't he already make that tweet, verbatim, years ago?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

If we can't do a general strike, how about we just take a break, for like an hour. Pick a day, and pick and hour. Just stand up and walk away. For an hour.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I like when people do this because they reveal that they genuinely think 90% of America's population is New York and California

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

I loving hate this garbage dick gently caress stain.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

KillerQueen posted:

What ever happened to throwing bottles at people?

:canada:

I think someone at the end says "gently caress you" at least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sexpig by night posted:

I like when people do this because they reveal that they genuinely think 90% of America's population is New York and California

I like when people make that argument because I just say "I believe my vote should be equal to everyone else's and you believe that rural people's votes should be worth more than mine." And they don't really know what to do with that so the pointless bad faith debate ends.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

From burning river to safe-to-eat-fish-but-only-once-per-month.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
A country wide internet filter seems.... bad. Like 8chan is clearly criminal and everyone involved should go to jail or hell asap, but the whole concept of a great wall internet filter is not a good one and does not seem like a system that ends with good results no matter how pure the intentions of the original founders of it set it out to fulfill. Like there is absolutely zero percent chance of any council elected (or unelected) to decide what sites do or do not go on the list of banned sites does not immediately end up in web posts about female presenting nipples or something.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

A country wide internet filter seems.... bad. Like 8chan is clearly criminal and everyone involved should go to jail or hell asap, but the whole concept of a great wall internet filter is not a good one and does not seem like a system that ends with good results no matter how pure the intentions of the original founders of it set it out to fulfill. Like there is absolutely zero percent chance of any council elected (or unelected) to decide what sites do or do not go on the list of banned sites does not immediately end up in web posts about female presenting nipples or something.

Ah yes, the chud slippery slope fallacy, yes.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Google Butt posted:

Ah yes, the chud slippery slope fallacy, yes.

It's gonna be the chuds in charge of it soon enough. You think if america had this and trump was president he'd put chapo trap house in charge of it? It's not some slippery slope, it's a deliberate target people can make and enact.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Jaxyon posted:

Welp lets see if a congressional subpoena still has teeth or if it was all built on a gentleman's handshake from 1790 like apparently the rest of the government
Did you like... Not exist in the Clinton era? Yeah, congressional subpoenas have teeth.

The main difference here is that previous presidents had competent lawyers and no email chains.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

"Your honor, you sentenced me to death for murdering those thousands of innocent people but I can't help but notice you didn't give me any credit for that moment I stopped murdering them. I rest my case."

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

It's...frightening to think of the implications of this. Does he really have that cartoonish a view of how the world works?

It's that "NPC" meme bullshit. No wonder trump doesn't care about anyone but himself: he's the only awake person in a world full of sheeple. A complete lack of empathy in the party that was already 98% lack of empathy.
Donald Trump is legitimately a perfect example of actual no-poo poo solipsism.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The nerve of these loving people.

https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/1108182597983703041

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

2 8-year terms is enough time for the American mind to forget anything.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Tibalt posted:

Did you like... Not exist in the Clinton era? Yeah, congressional subpoenas have teeth.

The main difference here is that previous presidents had competent lawyers and no email chains.

I’m actually genuinely curious what happens of the White House tells Congress to go gently caress itself in response to a subpoena? Like, what actual legal mechanisms are in place?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jealous Cow posted:

From burning river to safe-to-eat-fish-but-only-once-per-month.

So the goal must be to make the EPA intentionally bad at it's job so it's easier to destroy. Same old nonsense. We knew a man who fished out of the tchefuncte river for his family but never had any himself because he didn't like catfish. Everyone but him ended up with cancer because, of course, the indigo plants were upriver. I imagine anyone silly enough to fish here will end up the same way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I’m actually genuinely curious what happens of the White House tells Congress to go gently caress itself in response to a subpoena? Like, what actual legal mechanisms are in place?

I would assume you'd hold the person refusing the subpoena in contempt, toss them in jail, and then move onto the next scapegoat?

That could theoretically go on for awhile but in theory Congress tossing a bunch of White House staffers in prison for breaking the law would make an impact of some kind.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

No poo poo Ari. It should be "Bush lied, I lied, our whole administration lied, we got television and print media to motherfucking lie for us, and a million people died and we all got away with it gently caress you."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

STAC Goat posted:

I like when people make that argument because I just say "I believe my vote should be equal to everyone else's and you believe that rural people's votes should be worth more than mine." And they don't really know what to do with that so the pointless bad faith debate ends.

Living in a southern state and knowing my vote doesn't matter for presidential election owns let me tell you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Push El Burrito posted:

Living in a southern state and knowing my vote doesn't matter for presidential election owns let me tell you.

I mean, I live in NY so I have the same experience.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

STAC Goat posted:

I would assume you'd hold the person refusing the subpoena in contempt, toss them in jail, and then move onto the next scapegoat?

That could theoretically go on for awhile but in theory Congress tossing a bunch of White House staffers in prison for breaking the law would make an impact of some kind.
Yep - contempt of Congress is like contempt of court, but with fewer appeals available because it's a political question and therefore the judicial branch can't/won't touch it.

Now, I suppose the AG could ignore Congress when they order the arrest, but I don't think any lawyer would be particularly interested in opening that Pandora box.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

InsertPotPun posted:

I 100% believe that trump believes CNN only polls CNN fans.
CNN doesn't like him, so they tell their fans to not like him, so they don't.
And then CNN takes a poll of CNN fans who say what CNN tells them to.
Thus CNN must have reported 77% good news about him on this issue!
According to THEIR OWN POLL!!

He thinks the Paris climate accords are for the benefit of France.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Because there's always a tweet etc.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/266038556504494082

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

wow one of his tweets is that Saddam lied about having WMDs so that the western world would think he had WMDs so that they would invade him

literally "he was asking for it"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Bush did indeed lie, but not a single person died.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Very interesting! Tell me more.

Ever listen to popular young children's music?

"Maybe boys and girls are words we don't have wear." - Okie Dokie Brothers, Snowpeople

It's a huge cultural change. My five year old son was singing that today.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

the President of the United States retweeted Larry the Cable Guy

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

FBS posted:

the President of the United States retweeted Larry the Cable Guy
potus eat the eggs

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

BrandorKP posted:

"Maybe boys and girls are words we don't have wear." - Okie Dokie Brothers, Snowpeople

I mean I only worked as a teacher's assistant and substitute teacher for a few months but I worked with every grade and in both NYC and NJ I didn't particularly notice anything like that. I'm a non-straight person who would be all for it but I dunno. The kids were mostly just typical, very, very stressful kids.

Popular music in general is getting gayer though I'd say.

e: if my experience is any indication though the upcoming generation will be better at doing Fortnite dances than anyone else in existence. And they can also play shooters on ipads and stuff somehow.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 20, 2019

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

Popular music in general is getting gayer though I'd say.

This is the horseriding, backpacking, canoeing, dog sledding, folk music. But it's across all the demographics one can think of. I listen to a lot of kids music these days and it's all pretty progressive.

It's a huge diffence from what I remember from my childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BrandorKP posted:

I found out today one of my friends I haven't seen a while is in transition. The last I had seen them was in maybe five years ago.

Despite Trump and all this regression, a lot more people are feeling comfortable coming out and starting transition.