Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really do think the podcast is better than ever.

agreed, the re2 and dmc 5 lps are fantastic too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

people are overly dramatic, that content is fine

It took me over a year to get through 80+ hours of lovely msq content to finally begin enjoying the game and I had to have burned through multiple movies. podcasts, and all of seinfeld to make that grind almost tolerable.

I have yet to bring together the patience of doing that poo poo again for HW even though it's shorter and I'm sure I'll love HW if i ever actually finish it.

I also learned my rotations by emalde telling me because the game does such a poor job of informing you how to be even remotely useful in raids and I'm gonna have to tell me how to do it again if I ever get back to heavensward.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

HoboTech posted:

So other games have done it, it just took a long time, so... it's impossible to do?

Yeah, never mind. This hill isn't even worth getting a paper cut on. I'm not going to argue anything in defense of Anthem, so just lol.

FFXIV was a do-or-die make-or-break miracle case that not only was never attempted before but literally required making an entirely new MMO in half the time it would take to make one, while at the same time updating the old, busted game at the same time.

Not saying a game can't be made better but FFXIV was not only a huge gamble but literally something that could have been disastrous in about five hundred different ways.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh god I just fuckin realized there's a new expansion coming soon too and I'm so god drat behind having not played since 2017 fuckin god

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And Warframe was The game for the developer, it was their last chance. Square has a history of letting games develop too long.

EA is probably measuring how quick they can realistically dump Anthem and forget it existed without pissing consumers too badly.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I guess it's the lovely condescending tone that bothered me more than any factual argument he made. Like I said, I really don't care about Anthem so I won't defend it.

It's cool though, I just don't think this is for me anymore. Party on, guys. No ill will to anyone.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Is there no podcast this week? Normally it's up by now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is there no podcast this week? Normally it's up by now.

They're recording today.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

They're skipping this week because Pat's sick.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

They're skipping this week because Pat's sick.

He's just faking so he can play more DMC.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Or he's faking it because he out-DMC'd himself and knows that this week's podcast is gonna include a 3 hour clip about how good DMC5 is

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
drat this and another show I like both having Monday off. What am I supposed to do? Actually listen to Warframe?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Start listening to waypoint radio imo

The episode titled "Natalie knows what boats are" is a particularly good recent one, their kingdom hearts lore breakdown episodes(often blind) are incredible, and waypoints where they deep dive on a handful of topics can be really insightful. When austin and rob are on a pod together magic usually happens

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow Woolie's fiance is a monster

A cactus-murdering monster

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

MagusDraco posted:

https://youtu.be/xgCTsC3JY9U

I think it's roughly 16 minutes in when it starts.

Minh going straight to the sex joke reminds me of what I remember as his first attempt at joking* in the ZoE2 LP. Where some lady shouted and he says something like: "I think she got sexual frustration."

*He may have done something earlier but I mostly remember this because I heard him say it and just went: Huh?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nalesh posted:

I don't play ffxiv myself but every time I've had a basic interest in it the advice from people I know who play it is "just rush through ARR and the first expansion because they're poo poo", so not sure I'd count that one yet :v:

Those people are extremely stupid because Heavensward is legit some of the best writing in the game and the Franchise as a whole and way better than the current expac.

Also ARR is good too.

Also catching up on the thread and lol at whoever said FF didn't have any LGBT rep. in a post talking about things being coded as gay.

Not even counting Fang/Vanille, just look at loving Kuja. You fool, you idiot, you rubes.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 16, 2019

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
More DMCV from Pat and Woolie! This recording session's going to be uploaded daily.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Aw, was hoping he was gonna netflix it again.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I don't like that he previously released them all in a batch but mostly because I'm the kind of person who will binge watch them instead of doing productive human things.

Also am I the only one who thinks the sub feed is so irredeemable and broken I just went back to adding my fav channels to Thunderbird as RSS feeds?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really appreciate how good pat is at conveying his expression via his voice. The disappointment he shows when talking about the dbz fighters leaks is utterly palpable even over audio.

Still hoping if there's a season 2 that Mr Satan is the first reveal for it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I really appreciate how good pat is at conveying his expression via his voice. The disappointment he shows when talking about the dbz fighters leaks is utterly palpable even over audio.

Still hoping if there's a season 2 that Mr Satan is the first reveal for it

This is season 2.

Woolie saying this was the most interesting Goku was baffling to me. I assume this was before they knew that he was reusing the supers from two of the other Gokus. Also his insistence that Dragon Ball fans wanted another Goku when most of the reaction I've seen online has been largely negative.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, he kinda is, Small Goku has the Power Pole and at least looks distinctive.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Clerical Terrors posted:

I don't like that he previously released them all in a batch but mostly because I'm the kind of person who will binge watch them instead of doing productive human things.

Also am I the only one who thinks the sub feed is so irredeemable and broken I just went back to adding my fav channels to Thunderbird as RSS feeds?

I use a browser extension called youtube subscription (collection) manager where you can create collections/filters for channels you're subscribed to and you're able to toggle which ones you wanna see at the moment or toggle them off. I quite like it. I have a "Favorites" tab that is just a few channels for example, but I have categories for every type of content.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dias posted:

I mean, he kinda is, Small Goku has the Power Pole and at least looks distinctive.

The currently revealed moveset is nearly identical to the other Gokus outside of using the pole instead of ki blasts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

This is season 2.

Woolie saying this was the most interesting Goku was baffling to me. I assume this was before they knew that he was reusing the supers from two of the other Gokus. Also his insistence that Dragon Ball fans wanted another Goku when most of the reaction I've seen online has been largely negative.

Dragon Ball fans absolutely want other gokus. Some of the most consistent characters I have seen requested are Kid Goku from Dragon Ball and Ultra Instinct Goku as well. The reason this is getting a shitfit from some people is because the people who want new Gokus and who don't are not the same people and the latter are more vocal than the former. If you look at Reddit, you will find a ton of people who requested the two Gokus I mentioned and other lame rear end characters like Jiren. I think part of the reaction is also that this is their attempt to satisfy people who want DB Kid Goku because Bamco is weird as hell about touching anything purely related to Dragon Ball itself and they did the same thing with Xenoverse. There are definitely a group of people out there who want more Gokus though, I can confirm that and a lot of them may also be from other countries. I know one of the top Fighterz players wants SS4 Goku and a lot of Japanese players around release were requesting Base Goku and Vegeta too.

This being said, Woolie talking about this like he has any serious connection to Dragon Ball's fanbase is silly.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 20, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie is gonna put on his weird high-pitch voice for Cadence of Hyrule, isn't he?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1108501523519193095

:getin:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SKELETON CAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat and Woolie both played Sekiro for nearly 8 hours straight. :eyepop:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Grouchio posted:

Pat and Woolie both played Sekiro for nearly 8 hours straight. :eyepop:

It's really fun despite being a punch in the dick a lot of the time, if I didn't need to be at work in the morning I probably would've done the same.

I wonder if Woolie will ever finish the re2 remake. They finished the recording for dmc5 but now there's this and schedule conflicts to work around.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I figure he's just waiting until he's done uploading parts from the two giant streams he did on Youtube.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Phantasium posted:

I figure he's just waiting until he's done uploading parts from the two giant streams he did on Youtube.

From what they've said on the podcast it seems like it's just conflicts of one nature or another, but that makes sense too.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Watching Matt's "what happen" video about DMC was really interesting in how Matt's co-host was way better in making the transitions between them talking seem more natural and generally felt better. Was a pretty good and fun video actually.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Also he's doing Asura's Wrath.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
We need more Woolie Vs God animations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

UnderFreddy posted:

Watching Matt's "what happen" video about DMC was really interesting in how Matt's co-host was way better in making the transitions between them talking seem more natural and generally felt better. Was a pretty good and fun video actually.

Stop Skeletons From Fighting is pretty much a third of what Matt aspires to be, so that makes sense.

(the matt aspiration formula is equal parts SSFF, Liam Robertson's videos and a spice of AVGN)

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

UnderFreddy posted:

Derek is legit, dude's literally been doing this whole gaming youtube channel thing for over a decade. It's made me really happy to see him finally break through to a bigger audience over the last couple years.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

UnderFreddy posted:

I wonder if Matt is really bad at doing "presenter voice" or if the fact we have seen him do LPs and podcasts for so long is why it sticks out so badly.

Like, I couldn't finish the DMC video because at one point I was like "Matt, you don't SOUND like that" and that level of artifice kind of drove me off.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Matt's play of asuras wrath is on episode 4 and he's still commenting on the fact that they have credits at the start of every "episode" . Jfk he needs someone to bounce off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Namtab posted:

Matt's play of asuras wrath is on episode 4 and he's still commenting on the fact that they have credits at the start of every "episode" . Jfk he needs someone to bounce off

He would probably be better served doing the old school LP style of recording footage and then sitting down and commenting over it instead of trying to comment and play, because, yeah, he runs out of material by himself very quickly