Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Casey Finnigan posted:

Lmao it's so obvious from this tweet that Trump sees women having success or influence to be a direct insult and threat.

Also from his entire business career,his being a rapist, countless derogatory statements about women, running a teen "beauty pageant", etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Casey Finnigan posted:

I mean I only worked as a teacher's assistant and substitute teacher for a few months but I worked with every grade and in both NYC and NJ I didn't particularly notice anything like that. I'm a non-straight person who would be all for it but I dunno. The kids were mostly just typical, very, very stressful kids.

Popular music in general is getting gayer though I'd say.

e: if my experience is any indication though the upcoming generation will be better at doing Fortnite dances than anyone else in existence. And they can also play shooters on ipads and stuff somehow.

I worked a good while in a suburb's schools for the last three years and I didn't see anything quite like that...

...BUT I did encounter a couple either transgender or certainly very non-gender norm presenting kids who were all pretty open about that side of themselves with seemingly little to no care by the cis kids. As if it was no big deal and just another banal everyday thing like "the kid with red hair", or "the kid who moved here from Sweden".
I saw this on all three levels, middle, high and elementary too.

Granted I'm from urban/suburban New England. So I don't want to pretend this is reflective of like lots of places. I'm sure it's still a total nightmare to be a gay kid in red states, let alone transgender.

Grape fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 20, 2019

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I'll never stop being amazed that there are people who consider him some macho alpha male. "P.s., I'm totally jelly of your big beautiful voice!!!"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ewiley posted:

I dunno if the coffee hasn't hit my brains yet, but seriously they constructed a Loony Toons-esque fake room for the cops to pop out of because someone was writing LOVE TRUMP in marker in the subway? I mean, yeah, bad graffiti is bad, but something about this just screams fake news article so the MAGA crowd can claim persecution.

No, not fake news, fake wall, FAKE WALL. Wonder if the guy in charge of this threw on a crappy blond wig and said "Let's build a wall" before placing his pinkie to his lips Dr. Evil style

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ya know, considering how close she is to him this is a really lovely thing to do. Even shittier that she seems to show no care what so ever

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Alkydere posted:

Does this really surprise you? A large chunk of the issues we're having now is because of an aging chunk of population with outsized economic and political power spent their developing years being told the world will end in nuclear hellfire. Boomers childhood and early adulthood were a mixture of the post WWII realization of "Holy poo poo we have HOW MUCH industrial wealth?" while constantly being told the USSR has created another terror weapon or a 1,000 of them (to counter our terror weapons) and is threatening to use them Any Day NowTM.

White Boomers are straight up a dooms-day cult who have been expecting the end of the world for decades now. And they are increasingly confused why it hasn't. So much of X, Millenial and Zoomer frustration is because we have a worldview that doesn't end in nuclear hellfire/rapture that a lot of our elders lack.

"We have no jobs and the ones we do have are soul crushing and don't pay a living wage." "Well don't worry, Jaysus will be around to whisk you away soon as long as you look busy. Now buy our house!"

"The world is literally dying and the biosphere is falling apart at the seems!" "Of course it is, it's the end times! You really didn't expect it to last forever? You silly kids and your wind farms."

"Uh, why are we supporting a genocidal apartheid state in the MidEast that seems determined to continue to destabilize an already unstable region?" "Why Jimmy, how dare you? Can't you see that the state of Jerusalem by its name automatically has the support of ALL people of Jewish decent? They're just doing what they need to so that Lord Jaysus will come back and whisk us all to the Pearly Gates!"

"Um...mom/grandma?"

"Yessiree...any day now sugarplum!"

My experience with boomer conservatives is that they're trying to stop America from changing to something even slightly different, not that they think we're all going to die.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Charlz Guybon posted:

If they get ruled against they can appeal for the whole 4th circut to hear it, can't they.

They can but en banc reviews are rarely every granted, like less than 1% of the requests are granted, and I doubt a lot of the judges want to deal with this issue

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Yeah, the point isn't that it will just vaguely get worse. the point is that once there is a branch of government dedicated to censorship that it instantly becomes politicalized, no matter how noble the original intent was. we could start a very good internet censorship program that blocked only bad sites, but once you have a government controlled internet filter someone is going to have to be in charge of updating that list, and that becomes eternally a target for whoever wants or has power.

Even with no malice it'll go with the same biases every censorship thing does: homosexual content is more obscene than straight content, violence towards nonwhites is less serious and violent behavior by nonwhites is more serious, rich people stuff is less censored than poor people stuff. etc. I have absolutely zero reason to think "no, this time is different, this time the government can set up a censorship review board and not do exactly what they do every single time". there isn't even a premise why it'd be different.

If our generation manages to begin to address the existential and political problems of our age, it will preclude participation in gov by the chuds that caused these problems in the first place. America's ossified electoral and legal instutions will not allow for these problems to be properly addressed while they survive.

:commissar:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"Husband from Hell" says man on his third wife who definitely raped at least one of his ex wives.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
The fact that republicans in general have taken abuse from Trump, sometimes directly to their face, and will then work with him is goddamned hilarious. If my boss had said that to millions of people that my significant other was a big loser then I’d quit.

If Kellyanne doesn’t say anything in response to that, clearly there’s something they know about her that’s preventing her from speaking up. Same goes for Cruz.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Has anyone asked Kelly Anne about this?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

She is going to continue to work for a man who has repeatedly, and publicly to the entire world, called her spouse a loser. LOL

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea weird it's like this trump staffer is a bad person or something

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ripoff posted:

We could even have characters of all the religious deities have a parade around the park before engaging in a “Medieval Times” style dinner tournament where they’ll beat each other senseless to determine the realest religion.

Dibs on team Hinduism!

That’s a peace proposal that has legs

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status/1108359046166396932

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

sexpig by night posted:

yea weird it's like this trump staffer is a bad person or something

Bad... or #Badass?

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1108353092087627776

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.

Both #bad and #rear end.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sounds about right.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Star Get posted:

The fact that republicans in general have taken abuse from Trump, sometimes directly to their face, and will then work with him is goddamned hilarious. If my boss had said that to millions of people that my significant other was a big loser then I’d quit.

Why is that hilarious? Klobuchar makes her staffers do her laundry and overall abuses the hell out of them. Politics, like the media, is a prestige business and sometimes you gotta suck it up if you want to work in the big leagues.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Meanwhile on Fox News

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I have a bad feeling that Kellyanne Conway is going to be easily rehabilitated after all this is over.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Star Get posted:

If Kellyanne doesn’t say anything in response to that, clearly there’s something they know about her that’s preventing her from speaking up. Same goes for Cruz.

yeah, they know she's a sycophant ghoul who loves the bare whiff of power more than her husband

you can do a lot with someone, knowing they are a thirsty coward

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

ewiley posted:

I dunno if the coffee hasn't hit my brains yet, but seriously they constructed a Loony Toons-esque fake room for the cops to pop out of because someone was writing LOVE TRUMP in marker in the subway? I mean, yeah, bad graffiti is bad, but something about this just screams fake news article so the MAGA crowd can claim persecution.
You know how New Yorkers complain about the Giuliani era focus on Broken Window Theory crime prevention and continuing crackdown have turned NYC into a theme park tourist trap version of its former self?

I imagine they'd do the same thing to a repeat tagger at Disney World.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Alkydere posted:

Stuff about White Boomers and the end times.

Uh, I don't think the poo poo Boomers are doing has anything to do with that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

Meanwhile on Fox News

so Bolsanaro is gonna kill Greenwald forreal now

good on Glenn for going on Fox News for an actual good reason and not to froth at the mouth about liberalsRUSSIAGATEdemocrats

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Jealous Cow posted:

I have a bad feeling that Kellyanne Conway is going to be easily rehabilitated after all this is over.

Doubtful. "Rehabilitation" implies improvement.

But really, you're probably right. A job on FOX is my guess.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

friendbot2000 posted:

I know you don't know me but I am really proud you found the courage to be your true self in what amounts to I'm sure a very frightening time for transgendered people. It really inspires me.

Thanks! Now if it'll only stop being so goddamn cold outside so I can actually go outside in some of the cute stuff I've picked up recently. Like I want certain parts of my anatomy gone but not by being frozen off.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Jealous Cow posted:

She has somehow managed to remain relatively unscathed through the last two years - other than the nugget about her jockeying for position in the WH (that was in the very first book by that VF reporter, I believe) has anything else negative come out about her? I maintain she is the source for a lot of the stuff we are hearing, and so reporters are not as quick to report on any salacious information they hear about her. To my knowledge, she has not been mentioned as having been involved in criminal activity, either.

ETA: she is still an awful person.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

so Bolsanaro is gonna kill Greenwald forreal now

good on Glenn for going on Fox News for an actual good reason and not to froth at the mouth about liberalsRUSSIAGATEdemocrats

It legitimately was one of the bravest things any major journalists have done this year

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Remember a couple weeks ago that Andrew Gillum was making a major announcement?

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1108314579946356737

I wish more Democrats would do stuff like this instead.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

theflyingorc posted:

My experience with boomer conservatives is that they're trying to stop America from changing to something even slightly different, not that they think we're all going to die.

Doctor Butts posted:

Uh, I don't think the poo poo Boomers are doing has anything to do with that.

I guess that's just my experience then. My close family is pretty good but some of my extended family are pretty bonkers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Oh so now we're trying to rehab the image of this lying piece of poo poo?

Ego-bot posted:

Remember a couple weeks ago that Andrew Gillum was making a major announcement?

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1108314579946356737

I wish more Democrats would do stuff like this instead.

I'm still pretty lukewarm on him and I think some of the corruption stuff around him was quite troubling but this is a very good thing for him to be doing right now. Unambiguously so.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

Meanwhile on Fox News

RIP Greenwald, I guess. For whatever good it did going on Fox to say that. Right wing assholes don't care that their leaders are affiliated with right wing death squads or other criminals.

Terror Sweat posted:

It legitimately was one of the bravest things any major journalists have done this year

Doesn't offset him running cover for Trump, imo. He can still get bent. Though I wouldn't have wished him dead, which he soon will be probably.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 20, 2019

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Jealous Cow posted:

I assumed that was the whole point of leaking poo poo under her husband's name.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ringo Star Get posted:

Not really. Cruz is that desperate to be loved he'll take any insult and still kiss the ring

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Alkydere posted:

I guess that's just my experience then. My close family is pretty good but some of my extended family are pretty bonkers.

Hey I don't doubt that there are a bunch of crazy evangelical types. I just extremely disagree that that viewpoint is the driving force behind Boomers, even among end of times types themselves.

I think it has more to do with entitlement, greed, ignorance, and prejudice.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

She has somehow managed to remain relatively unscathed through the last two years - other than the nugget about her jockeying for position in the WH (that was in the very first book by that VF reporter, I believe) has anything else negative come out about her? I maintain she is the source for a lot of the stuff we are hearing, and so reporters are not as quick to report on any salacious information they hear about her. To my knowledge, she has not been mentioned as having been involved in criminal activity, either.

ETA: she is still an awful person.

I'm inclined to say she isn't on any particular grift so there's less you can pin on her. She's awful no doubt, but unlike everyone else she was also an established professional doing actual campaign related work and was probably not involved in any of the Trump Jr. Russian shenanigans.

I love the fact Trump is trying to destroy her marriage though. She's just trying to get through her next big payday in 2020 and neither Trump nor her husband are making it easy for her.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how do people who write about politics for a living not understand the entire point of packing the court is ensuring a republican never takes the presidency ever again?

quote:

Sounds great. Except that this isn't at all what would happen. What would happen — with something close to complete certainty — is this: The next time Republicans took control of the presidency and the Senate, they would immediately expand the court further — by another two seats, or four, or six. Hell, why wouldn't they just double the number of justices? Or triple them? And then the Democrats would do the same yet again after that.

https://theweek.com/articles/830082/dumbest-democratic-idea-court-packing

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Xae posted:

I assumed that was the whole point of leaking poo poo under her husband's name.

I'd be shocked if her image could actually be successfully rehabilitated in any meaningful way. Like, she'll be fine, just like everyone who doesn't go to jail in this mess will probably be fine, but I don't think she's going to have some kind of long-term successful public career outside of maybe Fox. I know people who don't give a poo poo about Trump or politics at all who still recognize her as an especially loathsome individual. There's a level of shameless sycophancy that's just wildly obvious and turns off just about everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Hillary Clinton should do a nonpolitical live stream every day after she's supposed to have been arrested

Someone get her an N64 and Donkey Kong 64 stat