Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

xanthan posted:

Why in the name of god does the VII torment have mighty guard when only a single VII can use the dispelling knight thing. I have nothing for Angeal or however you spell his name.

Rude and Rufus can also use WHT4 so they can use plain old Dispel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Magia is pretty straightforward - hp, attack/mag/mind, elem bonus. Maxing one character would take about 2000 battles.

OK. I was hoping it was going to be that simple. Thanks!

Edit: I know Magic/Mind depends on which stat the character uses, and I'm guessing that Elemental Bonus is based on the character's Soul Breaks? Or do I just want to max every element?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

As far as I can tell, everybody has access to every element, and the actual stats are split up into Attack/Magic, Defense/Resistance, and HP/Mind crystals.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
AFAIK the elemental stuff doesn't stack with gear, it'll just pick whatever is highest.

Which makes it not very useful for single-element bosses, but even putting just one point in nullifies any weakness from gear, which could be handy for some multi-element bosses (letting you use e.g. gigas armlets for resists to multiple elements while not eating the weakness)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Right. But, say, Locke. His SBs are Fire-based. So should I only boost Fire Attack on him, or Fire Attack first, then the other elements? And obviously, I want to max out all of the Elemental Defenses.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

This new stuff is cool but wtf, you have to transfer items from your vault to your inventory before you can turn them into rainbow shards? Come the hell on.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So are these all the realm artifacts we're ever going to get, or are they going to add, say, a Type 0 fist when we reach the Eight/Cater event?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Jesus, I just realized there are a ton of sort options. I didn't see the scroll bar so I have been tapping each one to find resists.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Cattail Prophet posted:

So are these all the realm artifacts we're ever going to get, or are they going to add, say, a Type 0 fist when we reach the Eight/Cater event?

It sounds like more stuff is gonna be added and that in fact the best thing to do is hold on to your current artifact stones until the elemental ones get added.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Have the full fest banners been announced/datamined so we can see if anything changed from jp, or do we still only know the headline relics?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Qwertycoatl posted:

Have the full fest banners been announced/datamined so we can see if anything changed from jp, or do we still only know the headline relics?

Dirge has the whole thing up afaik. I don't think any of the banners changed, but they did shuffle the order around a little.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Dirge has the whole thing up afaik. I don't think any of the banners changed, but they did shuffle the order around a little.

We don’t know if they changed, only the headliners and banner order have been confirmed

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I went ahead and spent a stone on a +MND dagger since I don't need my healers to have elemental attack; strangely, while some weapons have higher attack than the +atk daggers, the staff and rod artifacts have the same 268 cap as daggers do.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, so I've been doing some Internet Researching regarding Maggia Crystals, and here's what I've found.

* Putting points into Elemental Attack gets you 0.1% per level, with a max of 10% at Level 100. It stacks additively, as follows: (Field + Attack + Equip + Elemenetal Boost + Elemental Break + Magia Elemental Attack)
* Putting points into Elemental Defense gets you 1% per 10 levels, with a max of 10% at Level 100. It does NOT stack; the highest value is what's used. (It's 1%/10 Levels instead of 0.1%/Level because it doesn't apply partial percents)
* You can use Maggia Elemental Defense to offset things like the Gigas Armlet making you weak to Water. 1% Water Defense is apparently enough to do it.
* Putting points into HP gets you +5 HP per level, with a max of +500 HP at Level 100.
* Everything else gets you +1 per level, with a max of +100 at Level 100.
* You can max all crystals, but it will take a total of 30,899 battles to do so.
* The best place to farm is Fabul Castle.
* The best way to farm quickly is to have Record Materia that will attack all enemies at once; ones like Master Ninja, Divine Fists, Capricious Pugilist, Earthen Blade, God Among Men, Reborn Zeal, Omnicast Fire, and Omnicast Direflame (obtained from Ninja, Yda, Yda, Spellblade, Orlandeau, Strago, Black Mage, and Black Mage, respectivly). There are, of course, others.

This spreadsheet lists how much Magggggia XP you need for each level, and how many battles it requires.

Edit: Corrected the info for Elemental Defense.

Also, for Rainbow Crystals, it seems they forgot to remove Equipment Drops from the Newcomer Dungeons.

Also also, Powerup Dungeons now have a direct link to your Orb/Crystal Inventory.

Qwertycoatl posted:

This is the only datamine thread I've seen so far. It's just dates & times.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 20, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

God drat the costs of upgrading artifacts get nuts lol. I mulched a couple hundred 4* and under pieces in my vault and it's not even enough to fully level up a single artifact.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

to be fair i didn't even realize you could mulch stuff under 5*

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Required listening for fighting Lakshmi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUp3DpksQY

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

God drat the costs of upgrading artifacts get nuts lol. I mulched a couple hundred 4* and under pieces in my vault and it's not even enough to fully level up a single artifact.

Yeah, you get way more for 5* and higher items. I’ve been nuking bad old crap (blank 5*s, shareds, uniques, etc) and have like 200 rainbow crystals. Sadly they left the UI for this as lovely as possible so it takes forever, assuming I come up with some sort of actually savage guideline for what I’m keeping I imagine I’ll make it to 400-500?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My plan is to mulch every 5* that doesn't boost/resist something

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
900 crystals

Shoot me

gently caress that was painful to filter

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So if I read this right just get all your crystals and hold on to them till the elemental gear is released?

Also these weapons are for realm synergy and pretty much negate the need to hold onto weapons unless it has an elemental bonus right?

Like master the SBs and poo poo can them?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My method was to go through and lock all element boosting gear and then go realm by realm and sort out gear types. More common stuff like swords, daggers, staves, or rods I'd keep around 3 of the best of. Less common stuff like spears or axes I'd cut to 1 or 2. Armor i mostly kept other than really outdated stuff or heavy armor which i just never find useful.

Ended up freeing up about 50 slots but i was probably being more conservative than i needed to be.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

stab posted:

900 crystals

Shoot me

gently caress that was painful to filter

:shepicide:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Yeah i mastered 2 swords justbfor fun and spent 100...should i like keep the other 2 stones i have and just wait for the good poo poo?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Qwertycoatl posted:

Planning to do the same.

Uh...that's not going to come back and bite me later is it?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

How many items are you down to between the regular stash and your vault? I'm at ~800 right now but that was only after tossing ~200 pieces of vendor trash and dupes into the chipper. I still have yet to comb through and really scrap dated 5* gear, let alone the mountain of overlapping accessories.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you've been using auto-sell, remember to set it to auto-rainbow instead before yohr next pull

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what are the ramifications of the auto rainbow, it's not going to turn 5*'s into confetti of its own volition is it

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Cowcaster posted:

what are the ramifications of the auto rainbow, it's not going to turn 5*'s into confetti of its own volition is it

I think it’s just 1* to 4*. And it has a confirmation screen.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

IllegallySober posted:

I think it’s just 1* to 4*. And it has a confirmation screen.
Yep, explicitly so. "Set whether to automatically sell relics between 1* and 4* after a relic draw, or use them to create Rainbow Crystals."

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Qwertycoatl posted:

This is probably what I should do but I keep saving everything for ~realm synergy~ even though half the time it's not worth giving up a +element boost anyway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've got a couple of rods that have 120 magic on them but I can't throw them out because they have dark boost and what if some day I prefer that over 60 magic on a character that can't get dark boost from something else?

E: better, I have three rods and 1 claw with dark boost and ~130 magic, and one staff with it and 175. Also 5 armors, but I believe those stack.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 20, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is probably what I should do but I keep saving everything for ~realm synergy~ even though half the time it's not worth giving up a +element boost anyway.

Wouldn't you be better off using artifacts for realm synergy now?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I've got a couple of rods that have 120 magic on them but I can't throw them out because they have dark boost and what if some day I prefer that over 60 magic on a character that can't get dark boost from something else?

E: better, I have three rods and 1 claw with dark boost and ~130 magic, and one staff with it and 175. Also 5 armors, but I believe those stack.

"Some day" is now. You always want elemental boosts wherever you can get them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Now what I want is the ability to click on an item and see how many times I've actually used it. So many "just in case" things in the vault.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Phew, after carving through a giant crop of 5* gear that's just been collecting dust for years I'm down to ~400 relics between standard bonuses/synergy bonuses/6* statsticks/multi-use accessories. It's surprising just how much crap I had to throw out to reach 644 Rainbow Crystals.

If nothing else it reminds me of how one of my friends used to work at a boot factory that would sublet its onsite plastics chipper to its weirder neighbors.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I've been sitting on over 1000 Major Growth Eggs that I never used to level up all my underused characters to 99, I would just stick them in my daily farming party so.... I guess I'd feel like all the EXP wasn't wasted? (I was still just autobattling with legend dived Orlandeau with the Earth Strike attack RM, so SOME of the EXP was wasted)

Now there's no need to do this because Magia is more important, even if the buffs are minor. So now I have everyone at 99 and just have to worry about putting a handful of characters in some easy battles to get their RM2's before the RM3's to satisfy that OCD. Hooray!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Turning all this poo poo into rainbow shards is exhausting

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wouldn't you be better off using artifacts for realm synergy now?

For weapons, definitely, but they are in very limited supply and there's better ones coming soon. Whether or not armor is worth keeping around for synergy at the expense of an enelement, I dunno. In my experience the answer has been a resounding "no" but that could very well change at some point down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Turning all this poo poo into rainbow shards is exhausting

I've cleared a decent amount of inventory and vault space, and I'm putting off doing the rest. I have enough rainbow shards for now.