Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I didn't remember who the hell Placebo was until Steve started singing, then all the shameful memories came flooding back.

There is an immeasurably weird feeling caused by Hearing a song for the first time in 10 years while also simultaneously being able to quote every single lyric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
A weird thing about Battlefield Earth is that it's 2/3rds of the way through the movie before someone says the protagonist's name

And it doesn't come in a significant way, like Max revealing his name in Fury Road, someone just shouts it at him in an action scene and you have to assume he told that character his name offscreen, because whoever proofread the screenplay didn't do a good enough job to notice "Hey your audience has no way of knowing what your protagonist's name is"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Facebook suggested I join this group (I have no idea why) called Muldoon's Basement, which is apparently for a local pub I've never been too, and their cover photo is, um...well you take a look.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Good lord what the hell was with that George Lucas goblin laugh?

thrawn527 posted:

Facebook suggested I join this group (I have no idea why) called Muldoon's Basement, which is apparently for a local pub I've never been too, and their cover photo is, um...well you take a look.

Is it Muldoon's Pub? Because that's the name of the WHM Facebook fan group.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The basement is the spinoff of the pub for off topic stuff.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Evil Mastermind posted:

Good lord what the hell was with that George Lucas goblin laugh?

Is it Muldoon's Pub? Because that's the name of the WHM Facebook fan group.

Oh, I did not know that was a thing. I googled Muldoon's Pub and it also happens to be a pub near where I live. That's kind of crazy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

thrawn527 posted:

Oh, I did not know that was a thing. I googled Muldoon's Pub and it also happens to be a pub near where I live. That's kind of crazy.

It comes from the Halloween 3 episode

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/AaronPhipps_/status/1108223681568878592

How dare he make me choose between Gallagher and Trickster.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Evil Mastermind posted:

There's a lot of brutal choices here.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
this Battlefield Earth movie doesn't sound like it's very good.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

Goddamn, M. Emmet Walsh vs Nick Nolte, that's a choice I don't want to have to make.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Their Nick Nolte is the only thing they’ve done that made me cry from laughter (specifically from the Hot to Trot episode) so this is a no-brainer for me.

On the other side, Martin Cinemax III is always great fun.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Where the heck is Gary Busey? He deserved to face off against Holly Hunter in the Sweet Sixteen!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm also a bit surprised William Fichtner isn't on there but then again they only have the "YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAAAAD" line they love to trot out versus a lot of these which just go all kinds of places.

Also I think next year I have to Listener Request one of the GI Joe movies just so I can get more of their impression of Cobra Commander dealing with menial office tasks and auditors.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

kalensc posted:

Where the heck is Gary Busey? He deserved to face off against Holly Hunter in the Sweet Sixteen!

Gary Busey is facing off with Belushi in the first round.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

kalensc posted:

That was the play-in game

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I can’t help but laugh whenever they mention the “lick my bunghole motherfucker” line from the Pelham 123 remake. Mentioning it right after the Kelly Preston scene was hysterical.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 21, 2019

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I just watched Into the Spiderverse on BluRay, and the Stan Lee cameo and the little "ting" his teeth makes is the most WHM Stan Lee thing ever.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I recently signed up for the Patreon, so I've been going through the Nexus, and holy poo poo, episode 4 where Steve has to explain what the Pussy Posse is to the gang is gold. Origin story for that joke on the show.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1108570774544236544?s=21

I’ve listened a bit of Blank Check and it’s pretty good. However....sometimes he’ll imitate a door bell (“ding dooong”) which always causes me to roll my eyes and skip forward 5-10 minutes, because it means he’s about to do a character bit which is patently unfunny. Like, when the WHM boys go into an impression of something it’s snappy and fun; when Blank Check does it, it’s boring as sin and takes for-loving-ever. Hopefully he won’t bring that poo poo here.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Blank Check is straight up my favourite pod about movies. It doesn't approach the same style or territory in any way as WHM but Griff is always a great guest on other podcasts (I highly recommend him on Unspooled recently) and I'm very stoked to hear him on theirs. I feel like at least a couple of the WHM crew have been on Blank Check as well.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

jojoinnit posted:

Blank Check is straight up my favourite pod about movies. It doesn't approach the same style or territory in any way as WHM but Griff is always a great guest on other podcasts (I highly recommend him on Unspooled recently) and I'm very stoked to hear him on theirs. I feel like at least a couple of the WHM crew have been on Blank Check as well.

Andrew and Steve were on the Total Recall episode iirc.

It was pretty good.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Zore posted:

Andrew and Steve were on the Total Recall episode iirc.

It was pretty good.

Thanks! Now I know what I'm relistening to tonight. I'd also pay extra for a Patreon where they only do Arnold movies because I will never get tired of their impressions.

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1108570774544236544?s=21

I’ve listened a bit of Blank Check and it’s pretty good. However....sometimes he’ll imitate a door bell (“ding dooong”) which always causes me to roll my eyes and skip forward 5-10 minutes, because it means he’s about to do a character bit which is patently unfunny. Like, when the WHM boys go into an impression of something it’s snappy and fun; when Blank Check does it, it’s boring as sin and takes for-loving-ever. Hopefully he won’t bring that poo poo here.
Btw the ding dong is when he goes into an Ad read which he tries to make into a funny character. Sometimes it works but usually that's the signal to hit the 30 seconds forward a few times. I promise it won't happen on WHM unless he decides to bring his own ads.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 21, 2019

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Pet Sematary scared the piss out of me when I was 12, but I haven't seen it since

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Well, I guarantee nobody has ever compared Stripperella to Akira before. Thanks, Cabin.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1110176711524712448

:getin:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Hell yes, I was just wondering when we'd get another commentary...I wonder if it's going to be another power hour?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I finally upped my Patreon pledge from $5 to $8, so now that I'll have access to all these commentaries, I plan on watching all the Twilight movies again with them. I've only seen them once before, and that was only because I had RiffTrax commentaries for them.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Hell yes, I was just wondering when we'd get another commentary...I wonder if it's going to be another power hour?

It absolutely will be!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Who do I have to blow to get the guys to discuss Missions Impossible 4-6?

They did do the first few before they really found their footing and honestly I was disappointed.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Welp, time to up my Patreon

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

There’s a few of us in there as well. Come on in and get incredibly emotional friendly.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

gently caress yes! Can't wait to listen to it....its like watching a movie there with the guys :unsmith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Why the gently caress do they all know the theme song to Step By Step?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Why the gently caress do they all know the theme song to Step By Step?

You don't?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

thrawn527 posted:

You don't?

ONLY NINETIES KIDS WILL KNOW

Seriously, how does anyone not know ALL of the TGIF theme songs by heart?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cael posted:

Because I was right at the age where this was a funny joke:

:v: Hey, did you watch the series finale of Full House?
:coal: No
:v: Me, neither, I was just asking

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Cael posted:

I even remember the lyrics to Hi Honey, I'm Home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaXrN596fM

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I'm going through episodes of the Nexus, and Jesus Christ the episode on Mudd's Women and Justice is loving amazing. Some of the funniest and raunchiest content the guys have ever put out.

I had to stop halfway through the slash fiction at the end, though. gently caress them for making me picture DeForest Kelley have sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

I was listening to the Battlefield Earth episode and they had some jokes that made me remember a kids show from the 90s where it was some kind of contest with a maze and a giant stone head or something. Anyone know what I’m talking about? It may have been a time challenge you had to make it through or an obstacle course and I think the giant head talked.