Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

nite_moogle posted:

I like how there's discussion on back to back pages lamenting how Boyz are the one true option for Orks and it's a tragedy, and that Intercessors are bad and it's a tragedy.

Boyz before toys. I’ll never not be happy with troops being the majority of an army and everything else splashed in. Just wished they had focused on removing their finecast models because that stuff is hot garbage to work with. Better luck next time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

I would hazard a guess for Sisters as well, seen some comparisons to the hatch decoration for the Taurox so it might just be some kind of vehicle for them. Don't really think it's going to be anything new IG related.

Plastic Repressor, maybe?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

LingcodKilla posted:

Boyz before toys. I’ll never not be happy with troops being the majority of an army and everything else splashed in. Just wished they had focused on removing their finecast models because that stuff is hot garbage to work with. Better luck next time!

Are special weapons for the Boyz worth it? I guess just Big Shootas and Launchas at this point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone, please say hello to my grandpa. He drones on about his worship of technology, and has worried the family with replacing his organs and limbs with cyborg implants, but we still love him. Hahah, silly grandpa. :unsmith:

Surprisingly Bitter
Oct 10, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

What's the deal with Plague Brethren? I saw them in BattleScribe the other day but know nothing about them and the statline just looks like normal marines?

It's quite literally just a cheaper way to bring a marine squad. They're locked at 3 models, with a melta gun. Super weird, but 62 is cheaper than 80.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

evol262 posted:

I'm still hyped for the new Chaos stuff, because they were my first army in 3e, and I still play them when I can.

I just want to play despoilers of the Galaxy, not cultists+FW dreads+princes, and I'm not seeing anything to make that happen yet.

GW will hopefully do something good.

This hits the nail on the head. They had all the hype from the Black Legion novels to work with too idgi. Still waiting to hear why i'm so wrong about oblits and CSM.

FAQ after Adepticon!

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 20, 2019

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm nearly done painting my Achilles Ridgerunner, and I'm ready to move on to my next painting target. I have a quick question first, though.

Does the Goliath Truck have a similar visibility profile to a Taurox, a Rhino or other Imperium transports? While I really like the design of the truck, it seems odd to me that the cult would have access to a plethora of identical vehicles, rather than infiltrating and amassing a collection of stolen/looted vehicles. I'd like to Cultify some others, but I feel this would be unfair if it gives me a gameplay advantage by making them harder to hit.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
after all they're gene-STEALERS not gene-COLLECTORS :downsrim:

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Someone mailed me a trashed Stormtalon Gunship years ago, and I finally completed the "salvage mission" to make a Catachan chopper. Working on an allied detachment to go with it - Raven Guard scouts modeled as up-armoured Catachan snipers.

The canopy is magnetized until I someday get a proper GW one - the recast canopy I had to use is cloudy, and I want the interior to be easily visible.

Here's a few of the Catachan snipers that will be getting shoulder armour to represent the 4+ save of Space Marine Scouts.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quote:

Jes Goodwin’s original Abaddon sketch. Initially he was only drawing a new Chaos character and didn’t have a name for him - he added it at the side, and it ended up sticking.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
After about 6 weeks of slowly painting these FABULOUS BOYS, they are ready to see combat patrol. So much fun painting these guys compared to the basic Necrons. C&C welcome always looking to improve - some stuff is obvious I'm sure but it's my first paint job outside of the Necrons.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

BuffaloChicken posted:

Someone mailed me a trashed Stormtalon Gunship years ago, and I finally completed the "salvage mission" to make a Catachan chopper. Working on an allied detachment to go with it - Raven Guard scouts modeled as up-armoured Catachan snipers.

Everything about this is awesome, I think that's Stormtalon cooler than any normal one I've seen.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

SoggyGravy posted:

After about 6 weeks of slowly painting these FABULOUS BOYS, they are ready to see combat patrol. So much fun painting these guys compared to the basic Necrons. C&C welcome always looking to improve - some stuff is obvious I'm sure but it's my first paint job outside of the Necrons.

TBH I feel like there's something weird going on with the photography. The orange backgreound is pretty distracting and I feel like the jetbike probably looks awesome from a different angle.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

DandyLion posted:

Possibly SoB? They're bedazzled in fleur's.

You’re not wrong but the SoB Fleur de Lyse is much more curved, you know, French. Whereas this one is identical to the point of cut-and-paste from both AdMech and Knight models (possibly the Taurox too? Haven’t checked personally.).

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

BuffaloChicken posted:

The canopy is magnetized until I someday get a proper GW one - the recast canopy I had to use is cloudy, and I want the interior to be easily visible.

Here's a few of the Catachan snipers that will be getting shoulder armour to represent the 4+ save of Space Marine Scouts.

This loving rules, all your poo poo kicks so much rear end.

Surprisingly Bitter
Oct 10, 2008
Did some work on Typhus today. I haven't started the Destroyer Hive yet, but I'm getting close to being comfortable with how he looks. Not really feeling talented enough to do much more, other than attempting to highlight the horns some and make the scythe look gross. And tidy up the nurgling some.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BuffaloChicken posted:

I love that the pilot is shirtless but is wearing a helmet. 13/10.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Is that guy in the center with the staff and pointy helmet a new HQ? The model looks familiar but I don’t see him in the store.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Stephenls posted:

Is that guy in the center with the staff and pointy helmet a new HQ? The model looks familiar but I don’t see him in the store.

Nah, it's this guy using the sorcerer options - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/CSM-Terminator-Lord

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
He's a sorcerer in terminator armor, buildable off the chaos lord in terminator armor kit.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think I still prefer the old Blue Armor/Red Trim colour scheme for Night Lords. The blue is almost too black in that one.

Another preview up as well:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/20/20th-mar-vigilus-ablaze-previews-renegade-chapters-and-fallengw-homepage-post-3/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I painted my 12th adapetus mechanicus mini last night and at this point I might as well make an army out of this and play. I pretty much want to assemble and paint all of the units available anyways. I really love this factions lore and how they look.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I said come in! posted:

I pretty much want to assemble and paint all of the units available anyways. I really love this factions lore and how they look.

I'm right there with you. The Onagers and Dragoons really tickle my fancy (as do the Kastellan's with the alternate aftermarket heads).

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DandyLion posted:

I'm right there with you. The Onagers and Dragoons really tickle my fancy (as do the Kastellan's with the alternate aftermarket heads).

I hated the look of the Kastelans until I actually assembled mine, and I really came around on them for some reason.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

I hated the look of the Kastelans until I actually assembled mine, and I really came around on them for some reason.

It's cause over the course of assembly, he became your little robit buddy :3:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

I think I still prefer the old Blue Armor/Red Trim colour scheme for Night Lords. The blue is almost too black in that one.

Another preview up as well:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/20/20th-mar-vigilus-ablaze-previews-renegade-chapters-and-fallengw-homepage-post-3/

Am I reading this right? This will let you make battalions that add 8 CP?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Deified Data posted:

He's a sorcerer in terminator armor, buildable off the chaos lord in terminator armor kit.

Thanks. I knew I'd seen that helmet before.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

StuG Jeebus posted:

Yup. 315pts gets you 2 Warpsmiths, 3 x 5 CSM, and 8CP.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The new CSM look pretty spiffy painted up as Night Lords.

Edit: the dude Rambo shooting his bolter with the ammo belt draped over his arm is fantastic.

bij fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 20, 2019

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

StuG Jeebus posted:

Or 4CP spearheads to spam daemon engines :getin:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait until I'm working on admech for my next project, because I'ma paint a BSoD on one Kastelan face.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish I had the skill to make the new Space Marine Suppressors into this guy:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I collected a little warhammer way back in the day, never really played the game or read the rules but a friend of mine from high school who I still keep in touch with loves the game and has been playing since, anyway he's convinced me to get back into it

long story short a week later I have spent a sizable amount of money on little plastic men once again

Oh, I also inadvertently started a Necron army too, I made what I thought would be a joke ebay bid for some warriors and ended up getting 10 of them for £8, I kinda prefer their codex and rules since there's a lot less to keep track of, space marines seems to give you a lot of options and a lot to remember in comparison.

Warhammer eh, first game this weekend, lets hope it goes smoothly

Ps. he's an Ork player and from what I've told be he has to roll a poo poo down of dice, any tips would be welcome

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Duncan hasn't done a new tutorial on WarhammerTV in over a week and I saw that Games Workshop is looking for a new community manager??? :ohdear:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

No doxx plz.

:(

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh, I also inadvertently started a Necron army too, I made what I thought would be a joke ebay bid for some warriors and ended up getting 10 of them for £8, I kinda prefer their codex and rules since there's a lot less to keep track of, space marines seems to give you a lot of options and a lot to remember in comparison.

Buy like 18 destroyers and a destroyer lord

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Duncan hasn't done a new tutorial on WarhammerTV in over a week and I saw that Games Workshop is looking for a new community manager??? :ohdear:

welcome to the layer cake, son

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

welcome to the layer cake, son

He is basically the Bob Ross of Warhammer painting. :(

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

I said come in! posted:

He was on Warhammer TV last week hosting the eavy metal thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

duncans not a community manager and its been less than a week since his last one.