Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

yeah, but people are actually suggesting government internet filters would be good. On the premise we all agree a certain list of websites should be banned. Which is true, everyone at 8chan should be in jail but I can't imagine how anyone alive on earth in 2019 would be dumb enough to think that no matter how nicely the original list is set up that even one second later that list would be restrained to "sites we all agree should be banned".

Like literally no matter how much you yell "no, only ban bad things", you are gonna find the "bad things' are defined in ways that certain groups are treated more lightly than others.

Seems to work well enough on these dead gay forums. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

RuanGacho posted:

I heard the plea was guilty but no jail time.

You think a billionaire is going to admit they did a no no?

Sounds like an Alford plea was offered?

"An Alford plea, in United States law, is a guilty plea in criminal court, whereby a defendant in a criminal case does not admit to the criminal act and asserts innocence."

I've seen it before, it's basically as light of a "guilty" plea as possible. I think.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This guy is so desperate to get back on board the #resistance train that he’s going to make an rear end out of himself and probably fail to adequately represent his client.

He needs to shut the gently caress up and stop promoting this poo poo until something actually happens.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

catching up on new posts, but remember when Mittens in 2012 put on spray tan to appear more brown orange and tried to do a tiny accent while saying his ethnic name was Miguel Romoneto or something that sounds like fake spanish before dropping the gimmick because holy poo poo he butchered the pronunciation of Miguel Romoneto

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Seems to work well enough on these dead gay forums. :shrug:

If we're looking at private entities using blacklists, SA itself was blacklisted by Google for a while.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1108404726486523904

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

The Cow is on track to surpass him in twitter followers today, so that should provide some quality Not Mad responses

B-but making fun of people isn't allowed on twitter. Satire is violence! :qq:

Literally his argument. Dumping poo poo on everyone else is basically 98% of tweets.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

I'm guessing that's a map of ISIS occupied territory? Because at first I assumed it was his 2016 electoral college victory map. Also another wonderfully-shopable pic of the prez holding something.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

ewiley posted:

I'm guessing that's a map of ISIS occupied territory? Because at first I assumed it was his 2016 electoral college victory map. Also another wonderfully-shopable pic of the prez holding something.

That's what it looks like. Probably former and current ISIS held areas in Syria and Iraq.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

That's a big boy right there

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

"It's a horsey. Not many people knew what a horsey was until I drew this picture. It's the best picture of a horsey ever, better than any other President. Thank you."

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

From that chain, this is kind of interesting: https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1108405901621428224

I can see a universe where Trump, while bloviating, inadvertently commits to declassifying the whole report before someone explains to him that that's entirely his decision. Extra bonus irony if it happens while he's talking to a VOA reporter.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

"It's a horsey. Not many people knew what a horsey was until I drew this picture. It's the best picture of a horsey ever, better than any other President. Thank you."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

It's great that he's just wearing an overcoat everywhere to hide how much fatter he's gotten

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Hope there's video of this so the TrumpDraws twitter account can have new ammunition

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
When is the dickbutt edit coming for that

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

yeah, but people are actually suggesting government internet filters would be good. On the premise we all agree a certain list of websites should be banned. Which is true, everyone at 8chan should be in jail but I can't imagine how anyone alive on earth in 2019 would be dumb enough to think that no matter how nicely the original list is set up that even one second later that list would be restrained to "sites we all agree should be banned".

Like literally no matter how much you yell "no, only ban bad things", you are gonna find the "bad things' are defined in ways that certain groups are treated more lightly than others.

Twitter blocks all Nazi content in Germany because it's illegal there (They had some problems with Nazis a while back if you'll recall). If you change your Twitter location to Germany you will stop seeing Nazi posts immediately. This has been going on for decades and hasn't lead to other forms of mass censorship over there.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/NthMetalMace/status/1108408122845155329

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Trump's little puckered mouth causes a full body physical revulsion in me. I couldn't imagine working near that guy every day.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

catching up on new posts, but remember when Mittens in 2012 put on spray tan to appear more brown orange and tried to do a tiny accent while saying his ethnic name was Miguel Romoneto or something that sounds like fake spanish before dropping the gimmick because holy poo poo he butchered the pronunciation of Miguel Romoneto

You left out the part where he was on Telemundo while doing this, making it even more hilariously tone-deaf.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why does he wear the clown oversized suits? He looks loving terrible

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

There needs to be a way to code the sound of an air horn into that image. Also why are Trump's hips showing through that coat...?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Twitter blocks all Nazi content in Germany because it's illegal there (They had some problems with Nazis a while back if you'll recall). If you change your Twitter location to Germany you will stop seeing Nazi posts immediately. This has been going on for decades and hasn't lead to other forms of mass censorship over there.

Despite what right-wing chuds continue to say, often pointing to something like a picture of an old man getting accosted by a heavily armored policeman because he threw a Nazi salute. What they as usual fail to mention is the aftermath which is usually probation or a fine at worst instead of being disappeared or gunned down or something else horrible. Even if you're a tourist you usually just get fined as long as you didn't get violent.

EDIT: I am of course only speaking about stuff done in person, I was unaware of the problems with the recent adjustments to the law that cover social media.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 20, 2019

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

They're specifically tailored to hide his disgusting husk of a body.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

TulliusCicero posted:

Anything tailored to him would make him look fatter

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/w7voa/status/1108406529999425536?s=21

I thought Twitter was bad and harming conservatives?

Edit:

https://twitter.com/blobert/status/1108407854309015552?s=21

I wish I could set Tweetbot as my default twitter client on iOS. Every time Twitter opens it changes my timeline to top tweets despite explicitly selecting chronological timeline.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

The recent law that applies to Twitter and Facebook has caused a huge number of comments to be improperly deleted, satire to get caught in the crossfire, and left German politicians to come out against the law, but okay, sure thing.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Slo-Tek posted:

Which is better for a prosecutor's future political prospects? Putting one famous pelt on the wall, or a million dollars here, a million dollars there for their political campaigns? Hell, probably doesn't even cost a single million to buy both sides of a handjob case, plus purchase a little evidence mishandling by the cops.

I expect Mr. Kraft's lawyers know that he can buy his way out of this one even further than the special rich-white-guy treatment he got already.

Yeah, but Kraft is the Patriots' owner, and there are likely many Miami Dolphins fans in the DAs district...

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What sort of magical scroll is he flashing to the reporters there? If he's not mundanely literate I don't believe he'd have the acumen for sorcery.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

When is the dickbutt edit coming for that

I'm sure it's coming soon.

In the meantime,

https://twitter.com/wangjexi/status/1108408612844695552?s=09

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1108410728803983360

Trump shook as gently caress

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

i am harry posted:

There needs to be a way to code the sound of an air horn into that image. Also why are Trump's hips showing through that coat...?

Air horn nothin' I'm hearing Yakety Sax every time, cranked up to eleven.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Ahahahahah!

Someone tried to coach him to say JUST “I look forward to seeing the report” and he turned it into “EVERYONE should see the report!! also electoral votes 63million twitter good garble garble”

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

So if raw votes are what should give you power, cede the office to the lady who got more votes than you. :smug:

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

The recent law that applies to Twitter and Facebook has caused a huge number of comments to be improperly deleted, satire to get caught in the crossfire, and left German politicians to come out against the law, but okay, sure thing.

The Extra History bit on this is a pretty good example of the way chilling effects work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSjFUOA2oZM

"We know it would be legal, but we're holding off anyway."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lol, the internet cow is officially more popular than Devin Nunes, 24 hours after he did his stupid lawsuit

Get hosed Devin

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The german Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons is like 100% nonstop misused to block and censor marginalized groups that have nothing to do with the supposed targeted groups. All the twitter nazi rules have gotten tons of anti-nazi people banned for mocking or quoting nazis.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The number of things your voters "don't get" could fill the Library of Alexandria.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

i am harry posted:

He's fat.

EDIT

And he has a diaper on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007