Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

dudeness posted:

The question is, does the uncle have any children of their own?

If so his rear end is getting taken for a ride.

his rear end is already getting taken for a ride

the way this story usually plays out is the uncle doesn't retire until the kid is in his 50s and has spent his whole life working for peanuts, and then the business immediately tanks because it was only able to support the uncle because he had an underpaid sucker propping it up. enjoy making it nearly to retirement age with no savings and a resume that consists of "busboy/failed restauranteur"

assuming that the uncle's restaurant business doesn't just go belly up before then (the odds of an individual restaurant failing in that time are extremely high, but I'm going to be charitable and assume the uncle has some ability to pivot from one restaurant to another to keep afloat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Straight White Shark posted:

his rear end is already getting taken for a ride

the way this story usually plays out is the uncle doesn't retire until the kid is in his 50s and has spent his whole life working for peanuts, and then the business immediately tanks because it was only able to support the uncle because he had an underpaid sucker propping it up. enjoy making it nearly to retirement age with no savings and a resume that consists of "busboy/failed restauranteur"

assuming that the uncle's restaurant business doesn't just go belly up before then (the odds of an individual restaurant failing in that time are extremely high, but I'm going to be charitable and assume the uncle has some ability to pivot from one restaurant to another to keep afloat)

You're mostly spot on, but we have no idea if he's being paid peanuts and has no savings.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, but you're just assuming that's going to happen.

If he doesn't have a contract then yes I assume that's going to happen. We have no idea if he just told her some Little Red Hen fiction, either.

All we really know is what she told us and it's founded on her dishonesty as she frames her socioeconomic expectations in a partner as a belief in "ambition"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my wife I was away for a business trip, when really I went on a city break on my own?

I love my wife but she is awful to travel with. She's a bit of a princess and she doesn't care about art or architecture. She wears stupid shoes and walks too slow, but gets tired of places too fast.

I did originally have a meeting in London but it got cancelled and I still wanted to go, so I booked myself into a fancy hotel, went to galleries, rode the subway and ate in amazing restaurants for three nights. Aw man it was awesome. I just enjoyed not caring about her being entertained and being alone to my thoughts.

I just kept thinking the whole time I was there how she wouldn't have liked it, and would have ruined it. If I'd have told her about it she would have come with me, no question.

Am I an rear end in a top hat?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Leon Einstein posted:

You're mostly spot on, but we have no idea if he's being paid peanuts and has no savings.

I would imagine he was being well-paid she wouldn’t have had an issue.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my wife I was away for a business trip, when really I went on a city break on my own?

I love my wife but she is awful to travel with. She's a bit of a princess and she doesn't care about art or architecture. She wears stupid shoes and walks too slow, but gets tired of places too fast.

I did originally have a meeting in London but it got cancelled and I still wanted to go, so I booked myself into a fancy hotel, went to galleries, rode the subway and ate in amazing restaurants for three nights. Aw man it was awesome. I just enjoyed not caring about her being entertained and being alone to my thoughts.

I just kept thinking the whole time I was there how she wouldn't have liked it, and would have ruined it. If I'd have told her about it she would have come with me, no question.

Did you gently caress someone else whilst you were there? If yes, YATA. If not, glad you had a nice trip. Don’t ever let her find out.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I would imagine he was being well-paid she wouldn’t have had an issue.

If she's working during normal office hours and he's working nights/weekends (as people who work in food service almost always do) that could put a massive strain on the relationship even assuming they're otherwise financially stable.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Only if you tell her.

Which you shouldn't, btw.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Blade Runner posted:

You're wrong, re-read the first paragraph

She doesn't talk about his goals, she tries to convince him to quit his job where he's happy and go somewhere else

If she says "Hey have you considered quitting working at the restaurant" and he says "I like working at the restaurant" and she doesn't press further as to whether he has plans to grow at the restaurant, that's absolutely on her
I mean it's clear what she was asking about

Her: Have you considered looking for other work, something you could make a future in?
Him: I'm happy here
Her: I just want you to have bigger plans for yourself and for our future

At that point if he just repeats "I'm happy here" and doesn't say anything about the bigger plans that he has, that's on him.

I mean there are plenty of stories about golddiggers, and some of them are even true, but this isn't one of them. It's reasonable to want a partner who has a plan that doesn't involve dishwashing, and who's willing to talk about your future together. If you're in a serious relationship, it's very weird to keep your plans secret just in case she's totally faking the whole thing for that sweet Joe's Diner cash in 30 years.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So she gets with a guy and is fine with his job at the time-- she doesn't mention it's harming their income, or making him unable to pay for his needs anyway-- then she eventually decides she's offended he "doesn't have ambition" and somehow that's an excuse for her lovely behavior?

Lady should be happy that her guy found a job he's content with. There are so many terrible jobs out there, at least he's found something he doesn't mind doing. I'd rather be with someone with regular income that's happy than someone with "ambition" and $200k in loan debt from college and/or a lovely job that makes them miserable.

God being content is so underrated. Dude dodged a bullet. If someone told me "I want you to have bigger plans for us!" I'd assume it meant "I want you to make more money and I'm fine with you being unhappy to pay for my poo poo."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (25/M) friend’s (28/M) girlfriend (27/F) asked me to pick her up after he drove off without her in the middle of an argument, and now my friend is angry, and saying I shouldn’t have helped.

My friend and I work at the same restaurant. He and his girlfriend came to the restaurant for her birthday, had drinks with the head chef. and a really nice meal, and then they left. They’ve been together for about a year now, so I’ve met her quite a few times, but we’re not friends or anything. In fact I forgot that she even had my phone number until she called me last night, about an hour after closing (midnight) and asked if I could pick her up and drop her off at the train station on my way home. I was headed in that direction as it was, so I didn’t see the big deal in giving her a ride to the station.

She sounded pretty upset toward the end as though she had been trying to hold it in. I told her that I would be there in fifteen minutes, during which time I gathered my things and texted my friend asking what happened and why his girlfriend was asking me for a ride to the station when they were supposed to be together. He didn’t reply, so I called. No answer. I took that as a sign that something was wrong, so I went to get her. When I arrived she seemed really upset, so I drove her all the way home. Again, it was really late. I didn’t ask her what exactly had happened because I didn’t want to get more involved, but she mentioned an argument and that he had driven off without her.

The following morning my friend started shouting at me at work. I explained my side and he just continued shouting about how it wasn’t my place to pick her up and how he was going to come get her anyway. I get that it wasn’t my place to step in, but she asked. What was I supposed to do? Tell her no and make her wait out there alone in the middle of the night hoping that my friend would come to his senses soon enough? I tried contacting him but he didn’t answer, so I made the decision that I thought was best. That was really all there was to it.

But now my friend (who I’ve known since uni) is angry and spreading lies about me saying that I’m trying to get with his girlfriend. The only reason she even had my phone number was because my friend had called me through her phone on a snowboarding trip where he and I were the ones driving. His phone had run out of battery on the drive over there, and he had to get a message across to the other car that I was driving, so he used his girlfriend’s phone. Of course, he’s acting like he doesn’t remember that now.

Not sure what I’m supposed to do or what I should have done differently. I was raised by a single mother, and my friend wasn’t, so maybe he just doesn’t have that instinct to help out even when it’s not his “place”. I don’t know. It’s getting in the way of work at this point, so I’m not sure what to do. Working in a kitchen is difficult enough without added drama like this.

tl;dr He’s angry at me for coming to get her even though I tried contacting him multiple times to let him know that she was upset and scared enough to reach out to me, someone she barely knows, for a ride. All because I was headed in that direction anyway. Not sure what I could have done differently without leaving her in a potentially dangerous situation.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

DemoneeHo posted:

She repeats in the comments that she tried to get him to consider other jobs, but apparently never bothered to ask why he was content to stay where he is.

Just poor communication all around.

If he didn’t volunteer the information that he knew would make her happy—and he did know, because he said it the second she broke up with him—he was playing some sicko game with her. As if it never occurred to him that his partner would want to know about his career aspirations.

After writing that out, I’m actually leaning toward this being gold-digger-bait.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

epenthesis posted:

If he didn’t volunteer the information that he knew would make her happy—and he did know, because he said it the second she broke up with him—he was playing some sicko game with her. As if it never occurred to him that his partner would want to know about his career aspirations.

After writing that out, I’m actually leaning toward this being gold-digger-bait.

He’s a dishwasher- let’s not rule out that he could just be stupid.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Serephina posted:

Her mum's 100% right in this. You've taken the first steps into playing at god, and it's a slippery slope indeed. Can't preggers? Test tube babies. Oh wait all of them took? Time to cull some. All of them healthy? Pick favorites and kill the rest. Tiny little baby steps down the road to damnation.

And this is coming from someone's who's an Atheist and very pro-choice.

you aren't as pro-choice as you think :)

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

His uncle has no plans of letting him take over the restaurant and it's just something the dude said to put a sick burn on her

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Scathach posted:

God being content is so underrated. Dude dodged a bullet. If someone told me "I want you to have bigger plans for us!" I'd assume it meant "I want you to make more money and I'm fine with you being unhappy to pay for my poo poo."
In the US I think it usually means "I don't want a car accident or cancer to make us homeless"

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (25/M) friend’s (28/M) girlfriend (27/F) asked me to pick her up after he drove off without her in the middle of an argument, and now my friend is angry, and saying I shouldn’t have helped.

Abandon your friend out in the desert

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

(Florida) someone keeps listing my condo as an air bnb. It's illegal in my zone.

quote:

Edit. I'm not looking for advice about my door, door code, etc. I'm asking what I can legally do to try to stop this. Stop suggesting I illegally alter my address or book hundreds of random places in hopes I get mine. My door code isnt the issue. The issue is the guy booking other people's homes for profit. Please drop the obsession with it. Is there a charge for collecting money for something that isn't yours? Or can I get him for harassment? Is there a law I can use to push my building into reporting him for the short term rental he was just kicked out of? My condos door isn't the legal issue. Why is everyone so focused on it?

Anyways.

I live in south beach, airbnb is illegal here. A ton of people still do it, but most don't cause major issues. Someone (I am 95% sure i know who) keeps listing my unit number (with photos of another apartment) on short term rental sites. One day a guy waltzed into my place with luggage, and started yelling at me to get out. Oddly, he threatened to call the police on ME if I didn't leave. I grabbed a weapon and he reluctantly left. The police determined that he rented from someone that put my unit number up, but the photos/ contact info arent mine. I guess the scam is usually supposed to get the money. The scammer uses the money to get a real apartment, then last minute they reroute the guest to their unit. I guess this one never cancels.

I immediately contacted the property manager, security, and made a call to non emergency. The next day I got 2 cameras. Since then, 8 groups of crying/irate tourists have come to my door with luggage in the middle of the night. I immediately call the property manager and non emergency (often the guests call 911 to attempt to force me out of my own house. Proof I own is now pinned next to my door inside)

I genuinely feel bad for them, some have traveled for days only to be forced to find a room at 10x the price they paid since its the popular season. I honestly feel for them, but there's not much I can do for them other than to talk to the police confirming they were scammed and show proof air bnb is not legal here.

You cannot enter my building unless someone buzzes you in. I asked the people what number they dialed, and it was the apartment of a known airbnb. I know the guy inside, he's not a decent person. When I asked him about it, he got nasty and pretended to not speak english. He has since been evicted (for airbnbing) Yet the random arrivals still happen. The guests are now using a maintenance code to enter, so they don't need to be buzzed up.

The police and property manager do thankfully believe me on this. But is there anything I can do to get him to stop? I'm waiting for the day someone breaks in, or gets physically violent. Some of these people paid thousands and now have to pay 600 to 1k a night for a hotel after dealing with police, phone calls, and stress.

I can't go on these sites and find my place, since the photos used aren't of my place, and the unit isn't available to you until after you pay. he keeps making different profiles or using friends to make the ads, since they're rarely the same person/ company twice.

I am not the only condo in the building facing these issues. I have put a sign on my door saying this is not an air bnb, it's a private residence and to not disturb. Yet (obviously) people still bang on my door while yelling. Is there anything we can all do together? The property manager says since he doesn't live there anymore, there's nothing she can do. The police say without definite proof its him, they can't help much.

I cannot make a new apartment number, take my door off, or alter my door. I'm not looking for things to do to my door or door code. This isn't r/advice I need to know who i should contact legally? Or what legal options I have. Code enforcement is knocking on doors. But since no one's actually renting my place, its not their problem. We also have strong evidence he's doing this from another country, but must have help locally. Is there any way we can contact someone about that. I'm going to talk to the property manager in a few minutes about putting additional security on for the next few weeks, and to see if she's willing to report him to code enforcement so he will be forced to pay a huge fine.

Can I get a restraining order or something. But instead of him being allowed here, that he's not allowed to send people here? Or is there a law I can use to push my building into action. (The agreement I signed says they are not required to provide 24 hour on site security)

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Has it never even occurred to this dude to contact AirBnB? I feel like this is something a lawyer could jump all over as AirBnB not properly vetting their hosts and causing damages.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Anne Whateley posted:

In the US I think it usually means "I don't want a car accident or cancer to make us homeless"

Yeah at the same time unless you're rich as gently caress it will anyway so we might as well be happy during our short American lives.

I mean if you even get to have a job before someone shoots you.

Woo 'murica.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

Has it never even occurred to this dude to contact AirBnB? I feel like this is something a lawyer could jump all over as AirBnB not properly vetting their hosts and causing damages.

I was just going to post that was a whole lot of loving words to not once mention contacting any of these sites lol.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

you aren't as pro-choice as you think :)

I fully support a persons choice to remove non-sentient parasites. Just don't candy coat it. 'Designer Babies' means a very specific thing, and the OP's choice was a clear step in that direction. Smilie face.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

I thought it was a repost at first, but it's not. The other guy did contact Airbnb and they just shrugged and continued to make millions of dollars. They are not a good company.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
yeah wanting true fiscal security is extremely understandable, but also extremely out of reach for almost all people in america regardless of how much ambition/grit/sticktoitevness/whatever they may have

Mushmouth
Feb 21, 2004
Urban Tumbleweed

Serephina posted:

I fully support a persons choice to remove non-sentient parasites. Just don't candy coat it. 'Designer Babies' means a very specific thing, and the OP's choice was a clear step in that direction. Smilie face.

How is she supposed to choose, though?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Serephina posted:

What's she supposed to do, roll dice? Shove a handful of straws up her cooch and see who gets stuck with the short one?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

(Florida) someone keeps listing my condo as an air bnb. It's illegal in my zone.

I would hope that the police/this person ask the randos showing up to show, on air bnb, who they made the deal through.

Then contact air bnb and complain. If it keeps happening get the police to have air bnb supply identifying info to them.

Unless rear end in a top hat is using a vpn he could be identified. Right?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

I mean it's clear what she was asking about

Her: Have you considered looking for other work, something you could make a future in?
Him: I'm happy here
Her: I just want you to have bigger plans for yourself and for our future

At that point if he just repeats "I'm happy here" and doesn't say anything about the bigger plans that he has, that's on him.

I mean there are plenty of stories about golddiggers, and some of them are even true, but this isn't one of them. It's reasonable to want a partner who has a plan that doesn't involve dishwashing, and who's willing to talk about your future together. If you're in a serious relationship, it's very weird to keep your plans secret just in case she's totally faking the whole thing for that sweet Joe's Diner cash in 30 years.

It's not really reasonable to expect a partner to be unhappy for you, you're pretty much just absolutely making up the conversation in your post, and expecting your partner to be "ambitious" (read: rich) is actually bad, if they have a job where they enjoy working

Your "Well what if you have an unexpected medical complication?!" makes no sense at all because unless he goes from busboy to a job where he makes actual millions of dollars, he will be exactly the same amount of hosed

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My friend and I work at the same restaurant. He and his girlfriend came to the restaurant for her birthday, had drinks with the head chef. and a really nice meal, and then they left. They’ve been together for about a year now, so I’ve met her quite a few times, but we’re not friends or anything. In fact I forgot that she even had my phone number until she called me last night, about an hour after closing (midnight) and asked if I could pick her up and drop her off at the train station on my way home. I was headed in that direction as it was, so I didn’t see the big deal in giving her a ride to the station.

She sounded pretty upset toward the end as though she had been trying to hold it in. I told her that I would be there in fifteen minutes, during which time I gathered my things and texted my friend asking what happened and why his girlfriend was asking me for a ride to the station when they were supposed to be together. He didn’t reply, so I called. No answer. I took that as a sign that something was wrong, so I went to get her. When I arrived she seemed really upset, so I drove her all the way home. Again, it was really late. I didn’t ask her what exactly had happened because I didn’t want to get more involved, but she mentioned an argument and that he had driven off without her.

The following morning my friend started shouting at me at work. I explained my side and he just continued shouting about how it wasn’t my place to pick her up and how he was going to come get her anyway. I get that it wasn’t my place to step in, but she asked. What was I supposed to do? Tell her no and make her wait out there alone in the middle of the night hoping that my friend would come to his senses soon enough? I tried contacting him but he didn’t answer, so I made the decision that I thought was best. That was really all there was to it.

But now my friend (who I’ve known since uni) is angry and spreading lies about me saying that I’m trying to get with his girlfriend. The only reason she even had my phone number was because my friend had called me through her phone on a snowboarding trip where he and I were the ones driving. His phone had run out of battery on the drive over there, and he had to get a message across to the other car that I was driving, so he used his girlfriend’s phone. Of course, he’s acting like he doesn’t remember that now.

Not sure what I’m supposed to do or what I should have done differently. I was raised by a single mother, and my friend wasn’t, so maybe he just doesn’t have that instinct to help out even when it’s not his “place”. I don’t know. It’s getting in the way of work at this point, so I’m not sure what to do. Working in a kitchen is difficult enough without added drama like this.

tl;dr He’s angry at me for coming to get her even though I tried contacting him multiple times to let him know that she was upset and scared enough to reach out to me, someone she barely knows, for a ride. All because I was headed in that direction anyway. Not sure what I could have done differently without leaving her in a potentially dangerous situation.

This is a good guy and I hope he and the gf move on to better healthier relationships.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Serephina posted:

It wasn't the OP's choice as some kind of individual thing. It sounds like you're just hearing about it, but selective reduction is the norm in IVF -- it has been for 30 years. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_reduction

It's only weird when someone doesn't do it, that's when you get octomom.

The only slightly unusual/controversial thing was basing it on sex, but obviously if they knew the sex and nothing else, whatever decision they made about which to keep would be based on the sex.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

DemoneeHo posted:

I'm not sure how these people are getting into the unit itself, whouldn't you need a physical key, as the code only gets you into common areas? If you have an issue with strangers entering your house, then you change the drat locks. If a code can get you into your bedroom, then change the drat code. But nope,

quote:

Edit. I'm not looking for advice about my door, door code, etc. [...] My door code isnt the issue.
It's not the issue, it's the SOLUTION you ninny.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for getting really mad at my boyfriend when he said all girls who game are bad?

We were playing together and one of our teammates was doing stuff that was a bit questionable. My boyfriend noticed that the username of the player was girly and started talking about how bad girls are in video games and kept referring to girls as bitches. I got frustrated by it and asked if he thought I was bad too since I happen to be a girl and he replied that I would be if I didn't have him.

I decided to just stop playing after that match. We texted a bit back and forth about this, he said I was a whiny bitch. He also said I was no longer a female in the wild so I wasn't that bad. He complained that I took offense when he didn't say anything offensive. I told him it was really uncalled for and that he can't look at one girl playing and say that all girls are bad, we have run into so many "bad" players that were guys and he said nothing about it.

I don't know if I overreacted about it, I got mad and I did call him a dick two or three times. I told him to not play with me if I'm so bad and that he definitely has some sexism in him. I didn't really get to say much else as he was ranting on about how girls don't have hunting instinct like guys. He has taught me stuff in games that he played before I started, that I won't deny and I've been thankful for it. I just really disagree with what he is saying and I don't think it's weird that I took offense. What do you guys think, did I overreact?

From a few pages back, but these ones always make me wonder if "boyfriend/girlfriend" means "person of opposite sex I play video games and voice chat with but have never physically been in the same room as". Everything this guy is saying sounds like something an idiot would say over mic in a video game. And if you actually are dating, you should break up with someone who talks to people in real life like they're talking to someone in a video game.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

It's not really reasonable to expect a partner to be unhappy for you, you're pretty much just absolutely making up the conversation in your post
I took those words directly from the OP

quote:

and expecting your partner to be "ambitious" (read: rich)
If he were making $50k as an office worker and she was angry at him for not being a CEO, I would agree that would be bad. If she wanted him to be rich so she could do nothing, of course that would be bad.

But if she wants him to be ambitious meaning someday not working an absolutely terrible job with zero benefits and no apparent future, idk that seems reasonable. I wouldn't be involved with someone who can't pull their own weight, because I just can't afford to support two people.

quote:

Your "Well what if you have an unexpected medical complication?!" makes no sense at all because unless he goes from busboy to a job where he makes actual millions of dollars, he will be exactly the same amount of hosed
Only a millionaire is 1000% safe, but there really are a lot of people who get in car accidents and don't become homeless. I had a dumb injury last year and even though I have health insurance, it ended up costing me like $1k, but I was able to pay both that and rent, and my job also let me keep working despite mobility issues. I was definitely not equally hosed as a busboy would've been

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I always love the ones where the title obviously makes them the rear end in a top hat but then it gets turned around and they're the hero
[/quote]

Unapologetic bullies aren't heroes you dickhole.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

LimburgLimbo posted:

It's a lot more than AirBnB. Supposedly the scammer is posting on lots of international sites.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Having four babies at once is a giant risk that could leave her dead and her husband a widow taking care of their other kids. If she wants a lower risk on an already scary pregnancy there isn't anything wrong with that. Choosing which babies to keep is her choice alone. Hell there isn't anything wrong with getting an abortion for any reason and the "omg designer babies!" thing is stupid af.

Some people are just pissed she's not choosing the boys instead, right?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Scathach posted:

Having four babies at once is a giant risk that could leave her dead and her husband a widow taking care of their other kids. If she wants a lower risk on an already scary pregnancy there isn't anything wrong with that. Choosing which babies to keep is her choice alone. Hell there isn't anything wrong with getting an abortion for any reason and the "omg designer babies!" thing is stupid af.

<spoiler>Some people are reeeeal concerned that she's not choosing the boys instead, right? </spoiler>

choosing the girls just makes sense though

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

choosing the girls just makes sense though

Qft

I think if it was less of a medical need, I could understand the pushback, but cmon, 4 babies will blow that’s lady’s body right the gently caress out. Who cares which balls of cells babies get the axe?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Serephina posted:

Sorry but you either support all abortions, no questions asked, or you play into conservatives line-in-the-sand mentality. there's no moral difference between the abortions you support and the ones you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

In regards to the AirBnB story, actually contacting AirBnB isn't going to do poo poo. The person still should just to have it on the record, but AirBnB is well aware a ton of people are just using it for scams and they don't give a gently caress and won't do anything to help you.