Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

There's a vaccine for terror?

It's called alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Terror Sweat posted:

Meanwhile on Fox News

Well that's certainly bold.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Push El Burrito posted:

Exposure to the "other?"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Push El Burrito posted:

It comes in inhaler form and can be purchased in a few specific states.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1108405338829537281

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1108390883047718912

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1108131990132482049

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Rigel posted:

After that cop in Arizona was acquitted after shooting an unarmed nearly-naked man crawling and crying not to be shot, I became convinced it was straight-up impossible to ever convict a cop for murder. His partner even stood there stunned for a bit after not firing a shot, looking at him like "why?"

It's rare but it does happen. Cop's body cam and that of his partner did him in, plus the partner testified against him in court.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/us/texas-jordan-edwards-death-sentencing-phase/index.html

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Rigel posted:

After that cop in Arizona was acquitted after shooting an unarmed nearly-naked man crawling and crying not to be shot, I became convinced it was straight-up impossible to ever convict a cop for murder. His partner even stood there stunned for a bit after not firing a shot, looking at him like "why?"

It happened in South Carolina recently, but it's insane how rarely it happens.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

VH4Ever posted:

It's rare but it does happen. Cop's body cam and that of his partner did him in, plus the partner testified against him in court.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/us/texas-jordan-edwards-death-sentencing-phase/index.html

prosecutor's wanted 60 defence wanted 20 years so the cop gets 15 years, what a loving joke.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Monaghan posted:

prosecutor's wanted 60 defence wanted 20 years so the cop gets 15 years, what a loving joke.

Well, yeah, that's the second problem, right? Even when you get a conviction they never get equal number of years as a non-cop would for the same crime.

EDIT

By the by, Real Sports on HBO did a feature story on this shooting complete with bodycam footage and that broke me in loving two. There's footage from the dash cam of the car they locked his brother in the back of when they pulled the car over and they show you his dead little brother being stretchered out of the kids' car with the brother sobbing in the background...it's loving heart rending. That cop shouldn't breathe free air again for cold hearted poo poo like that. That's what my vindictive side says, anyway.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 20, 2019

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

my bony fealty posted:

so Bolsanaro is gonna kill Greenwald forreal now

good on Glenn for going on Fox News for an actual good reason and not to froth at the mouth about liberalsRUSSIAGATEdemocrats

Or the completely unaffiliated gang members who previously assassinated an openly gay politician, one of which happened to be Bolsonaro's neighbor.

It's extremely courageous.

Groovelord Neato posted:

how do people who write about politics for a living not understand the entire point of packing the court is ensuring a republican never takes the presidency ever again?

https://theweek.com/articles/830082/dumbest-democratic-idea-court-packing

If Democrats somehow get a liberal majority under a D President without packing the court, Republicans will pack it themselves the next time they can. It's inevitable.

https://twitter.com/zarawesome/status/1070808886167375874

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Monaghan posted:

Out in 2 on good behavior.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1108428873153372160

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

is that the house from mad about you?

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

VH4Ever posted:

Well, yeah, that's the second problem, right? Even when you get a conviction they never get equal number of years as a non-cop would for the same crime.

EDIT

By the by, Real Sports on HBO did a feature story on this shooting complete with bodycam footage and that broke me in loving two. There's footage from the dash cam of the car they locked his brother in the back of when they pulled the car over and they show you his dead little brother being stretchered out of the kids' car with the brother sobbing in the background...it's loving heart rending. That cop shouldn't breathe free air again for cold hearted poo poo like that. That's what my vindictive side says, anyway.

I don't think that's vindictive, I think that cops should be subject to higher sentences when they are found guilty of killing or injuring someone outside of self-defense/public safety. They are put in a position of heightened responsibility, the legal repercussions of abusing that or misjudging a situation should reflect that. People should be terrified of being a cop, not for the reason of someone shooting you, but because if you shoot someone for the wrong reason, you'll end up in jail for the rest of your life.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Are you kidding, Jack will probably have to be continually reminded that he is the defendant, not the accuser.

He should also be reminded that he can avoid all of this in the future by just stepping down.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

VH4Ever posted:

EDIT

Yeah it's a huge problem. People seem to use him being cop as mitigating force in sentencing, when it should be an aggravating one. If you're committing crimes, especially when you're on duty, you're betraying the trust the community has placed in you. Sending a message to other cops that the legal system won't tolerate that poo poo would go a huge way into solving this problem.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They loving adore this pos

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1108424874924503040

quote:

Jair Bolsonaro, Brazil’s right-wing president, visited President Trump in the White House on Tuesday and followed up his official business with a Christian Broadcasting Network interview and meeting with conservative religious leaders, including CBN’s Pat and Gordon Robertson.

CBN noted that Bolsonaro “has surrounded himself with well-known Brazilian evangelicals,” including influential pastor Silas Milafaia, who told CBN he believes Bolsonaro is God’s chosen man to lead Brazil. He praised Bolsonaro for opposing abortion and the “privilege” of the LGBT movement.

CBN’s Thomas asked Bolsonaro about the impact that “decades of leftist ideology has had on the social and spiritual fabric of Brazil.” Bolsonaro responded that the ideology of the left has taken over universities and journalism and eroded family values

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why in the gently caress is the world trending in this direction in 2019.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Monaghan posted:

Yeah it's a huge problem. People seem to use him being cop as mitigating force in sentencing, when it should be an aggravating one. If you're committing crimes, especially when you're on duty, you're betraying the trust the community has placed in you. Sending a message to other cops that the legal system won't tolerate that poo poo would go a huge way into solving this problem.

Yeah, I tend to agree.

I guess in general I was trying to get ahead of any "Whoa, I thought liberals thought sentences were generally too long for the crime committed!" arguments. Murder while "serving and protecting" is a pretty serious crime though.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

cr0y posted:

Capitalism.

Mostly white people but you can't exactly call Brazilians white.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Rigel posted:

but what about the cop* in NYC that got convicted for shooting a black man in a stari well?

*an asian cop, oh well not white, so much for those model minorities. lol at asian tokens that think they're survive.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

cr0y posted:

People on the Good Team decided that we had been winning, so we were going to win forever, and got complacent

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

cr0y posted:

Mankind is physically incapable of collectively redeeming itself of its fundamental sinful nature, and unfortunately no actual benevolent diety or aliens exist to externally save it.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

cr0y posted:

Temporary hope is a great way to instill complacency, and it worked so well that there's no need for evil to be subtle anymore. No point when it's impossible for them to lose.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

PhazonLink posted:

but what about the cop* in NYC that got convicted for shooting a black man in a stari well?

*an asian cop, oh well not white, so much for those model minorities. lol at asian tokens that think they're survive.

That ruling got thrown out and he was given community service FYI

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The only way we're going to get any police reform is if we start putting a cap on how many innocent people the police can kill before they're subject to the laws as a civilian. Maybe start at like 10 innocent deaths per cop?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1108442157021626369?s=19

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

cr0y posted:

Lula would have won.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think Notch had posted some either Pizzagate or QAnon stuff at some point. He’s pretty far down the rabbit hole.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Keeping McCain's name in front of President Pissbaby is a good idea OP.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DandyLion posted:

The only way we're going to get any police reform is if we start putting a cap on how many innocent people the police can kill before they're subject to the laws as a civilian. Maybe start at like 10 innocent deaths per cop?

My own satirical and/or misguided solution would make federal police force that only enforces standards, judicial complaints, civil issues, etc. involving the local and state police. Basically, cops enfocing the law against other cops.

Then give them an annual quota of cases against police to fulfill.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Munkeymon posted:

He's bad but that one little thumbs down has trump still mad which is good.

In conclusion. John McCain is a land of contrasts

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Munkeymon posted:

True, but OTOH gently caress John McCain

plogo
Jan 20, 2009
Sure gently caress McCain, but gently caress Russell a million times more. He was the leader of the southern democratic senate bigwigs fighting civil rights,.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I loving told everybody this kid was going to Eliot Rogers

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:whatthechrist:

https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/1108448735774892033?s=21

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How is Dukakis a "prominent democrat" in 2019?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
There's a non zero chance Trump would veto a McCain naming Bill which would be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I didn’t even know Dukakis was still alive.