Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I didn't know it was illegal to run just one ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Ooof, that Delta 7B config cost. 18 points on Anakin, down to 15 on the generic I3 Jedi Knight.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Uh, if the official app isn't broken they added a bunch of poo poo to hyperspace legality for each faction! O.O

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The Gate posted:

Uh, if the official app isn't broken they added a bunch of poo poo to hyperspace legality for each faction! O.O

Search your feelings, you know FFG hosed up

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Search your feelings, you know FFG hosed up

I hope not, TIE Bombers and Barrage rockets are on there, which means I get to be 'that guy'

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

TIE Interceptors are Hyperspace legal too. gently caress yes.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

This better not be just some server error. My Eindhoven extended list just became hyper legal :laffo:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Soontir, Vader, Vermiel, and an Academy fits.

So does 4 ARCs and a Torrent, though. So much beef!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
TIE interceptor, TIE bomber, Rebel A-Wing, B-Wing, Starviper, Scum Z-95 all added in app to hyperspace legality.
Hmm.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Funzo posted:

TIE Interceptors are Hyperspace legal too. gently caress yes.

FINALLY

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
It looks like they added some equipment too. Jamming Beam, biohexacrypt, who knows what else.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

So does this mean this is the new Hyperspace for Adepticon next week? Haven’t seen anything about specific rules for the event yet.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

You can fit 8 vulture fighters in a list. 5 with energy shells, 3 with discord missiles :derp:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Gate posted:

Ooof, that Delta 7B config cost. 18 points on Anakin, down to 15 on the generic I3 Jedi Knight.

Looks like it's basically 12 + initiative.

Makes sense though, it basically turns the ship into an X-wing with a dial like an A-wing.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Never mind. FFG just confirmed Hyperspace changes are in effect for Adepticon events. Wave 3 is not legal for the Open though.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

canyoneer posted:

TIE interceptor, TIE bomber, Rebel A-Wing, B-Wing, Starviper, Scum Z-95 all added in app to hyperspace legality.
Hmm.

At a guess, I'd say we're looking at the next wave old faction releases, after the already announced ones.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I can take Vader and 3 bombers to hyperspace now. Is it good? gently caress if I know. It's Vader and a squadron of loving bombers though

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm theorycrafting with Separatists, but my first thought is that Maul with Hate is very, very good. He wants to take a damage or two each round to top off his force charge pool. It becomes a question of ensuring he doesn't die on the initial engagement--if you can get at least two rounds of firing (4 shots total), you've probably earned his points.

So you gotta reduce incoming damage for a bit. There are two main ways that I can see to do this.

1) General Grievous crew (After neutralizing results, if there are two or more hit/crits left, cancel one)
2) K2-B4 (Spend a calculate to add an evade, but gotta find a way to get Maul a calculate)

Enter this combo: Maul + Hate + Grievous + K2-B4 and DFS-311. It's exactly 100 points.
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist%20Alliance&d=v6!s=200!272:204,,,,219,,,,220:;337:,,:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

This is going to fly a lot like old-school Dengaroo. DFS-311 tools around behind the fight, feeding calculates to Maul to guarantee the one evade every round. Grievous cancels another, and recharges any time a friendly dies. It's going to be a rare list that can chew through Maul's 10hp plus a couple of guaranteed evades in a single round.

And it's only 100 points, leaving half your list for other stuff.

Like how about a vulture miniswarm? I gave struts to 311 so he can just hover near the fight, and energy shells to the rest so they can't be ignored.
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separa...20Squadron&obs=

This one is a house of cards, but oh man, on the games where it works it's gonna be disgusting. Same Maul and 311, add Dooku. He shoots at i7, cloaks if he hits. Perceptive co-pilot ensures he has plenty of mods for defense. Bonus is that K2-B4/311 combo works at range, so you can toss the evade to whomever is in the most trouble. And there's still 21 points leftover. You can toss in Palp, or another vulture, or some probe droids, or PCP on maul for more offensive mods. Do whatever you want.
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separa...20Squadron&obs=

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Oh man I didn't even see heightened perception on Dooku. That's reeeeal nice.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Brilliant Evasion on Luke seems real good. Same with Vader.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Really having a hard time putting together a Republic list that clicks, Any tips?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Brilliant Evasion on Luke seems real good. Same with Vader.

Please please use Brilliant Evasion is genuinely terrible.

For the record, you will roll double eyeballs (on two dice) 6.25% of the time. On what percentage of those you think you won't have two force or a focus to spare, or won't be able to get away with just spending one force and taking an extra damage is up for debate, but Brilliant Evasion is hugely overcosted at 6. Maybe at 2, but even then there's basically nobody I'd consider taking it on over a bid or something else.

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

2) K2-B4 (Spend a calculate to add an evade, but gotta find a way to get Maul a calculate)

Won't the attacker pretty much always choose to take the strain instead? I mean, spending a calc to hand them a strain token is ok I guess, but it's far from being a guaranteed evade.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Bear Is Driving posted:

Won't the attacker pretty much always choose to take the strain instead? I mean, spending a calc to hand them a strain token is ok I guess, but it's far from being a guaranteed evade.

And get mulched by the swarm? I’m ok with that too

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

And get mulched by the swarm? I’m ok with that too

And get shot slightly harder by the next shot from the swarm, after which the strain is discarded.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm not sure I'm that impressed with the Torrent. It would be nice if it had 2 missile slots so it could use Barrage Missiles.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I don't see what place the torrent really has, everyone i've talked to doesn't really see much place on it for listbuilding. I'm liking most of the stuff for the CIS, can't wait till they bring out a model of the tri-fighter especially.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Republic in general is pretty strongly overpriced, sadly.

Just looking at the quick builds makes it obvious, they're frequently about a threat level lower than their pointed alternatives, and Anakin in particular is 3 threat for 102!!! points. Not to mention probably worse than Vader on balance, for 5 more points.

I suspect they had a last minute rethink the way they reputedly did with the Jumpmaster.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 21, 2019

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Anakin has the potential to be broken as hell. With initiative 6, stressless double reposition, a great dial, an ability that removes stress after any maneuver, and full access to Supernatural Reflexes, he could become an untouchable points fortress, and it wouldn't take much of a reduction for it to happen.

I'm honestly not convinced that 103 points for SNR + Delta title is significantly overcosted. Maybe a little?

Super Kylo still popped up at about that price point, and Anakin is probably better!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Anakin with SNR + D-7B is 110.

That's a lot of points for a 6 HP ship with only 2 agility.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Super Anakin is immensely fragile, and at half a list with the rest of the ships expensive, you've got little chance of getting more than one kitted out ship with him. If he's using his abilities, he's not using his force for defence, so either his attack will be anaemic or his defence will be nonexistent.

He only needs to get caught once, and he's toast.

And the other ship will be a way worse closer, so it's him they go for first.

But, he does have the superkylo issue of 'just dial a 5 straight and fix it in post' which makes for a really unfun experience if you don't manage to clip him on the opening engagement.

But that's all accounted for by Supernatural being 32 points on its own.

He's not worth 5 more than Vader, and I'm not 100% convinced Vader is worth 65 as it is.

E: Official Rules have been going full-on with rulings, which I'm guessing, sadly, are substitute for proper rules ref updates:
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/277390-x-wing-official-rulings/?do=findComment&comment=3653447

WHole bunch of stuff, some which are completely as expected, soem which are really not, but at least they're clear, and one which I'm really not sure does actually clarify the question enough.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 21, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

E: Official Rules have been going full-on with rulings, which I'm guessing, sadly, are substitute for proper rules ref updates:
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/277390-x-wing-official-rulings/?do=findComment&comment=3653447

WHole bunch of stuff, some which are completely as expected, soem which are really not, but at least they're clear, and one which I'm really not sure does actually clarify the question enough.

Most of these are exactly what I expected, especially the Han Solo stuff. The extra device with Deathfire or Paige is a surprise though.

I suppose that means you could dump out bombs real quickly with Finch.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Super Anakin should be more survivable than Luke, who is pretty tough to kill. Granted, he's more points of course, but you're also likely to avoid far more arcs than an X-Wing ever could. I'm not saying he's definitely worth the cost, but I do think it's probably not far off.

The 4-5 ship meta makes super arc dodging harder to manage though, because things actually take damage somewhat often when shot at now. Unlike the old days of palp aces where Soontir would sit in all the arcs and emerge unscathed, and that was the expected result. But I think a cheaper Super Anakin would absolutely crush three ship lists with ease.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Paige + VTG + Seismic + Protons on a Starfortress could drop 3 bombs in a turn. 4 bombs in a turn if the ship is destroyed. Put all the bombs in weird places too if the pilot is Finch Dallow.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm rusty on timings and what not, so I have a question.

Example: Anakin with Afterburners executes a K-turn, then uses afterburners. Can he use his ability to take off the stress and still get his normal action?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Floppychop posted:

I'm rusty on timings and what not, so I have a question.

Example: Anakin with Afterburners executes a K-turn, then uses afterburners. Can he use his ability to take off the stress and still get his normal action?

If both Afterburners and Anakin have the same timing, "after you (fully?) execute a maneuver", then you can do them in either order.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

It works.
A couple concepts there trip people up in the rules.
Performing an action is a separate step after performing a maneuver in the Activation Phase.
Also, fully executing a maneuver means "not overlapping another ship", or in other words, reaching the end of the template.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Most of these are exactly what I expected, especially the Han Solo stuff. The extra device with Deathfire or Paige is a surprise though.

I suppose that means you could dump out bombs real quickly with Finch.

I was meaning Han, but when I posted that they had only put up the first of the three questions, the later two clarified.

The Paige/DF one sets a really wonky precedent (specifically, that exceptions to general rules have to actually be stated on the card, e.g. Afterburners allowing actions to work whilst stressed, which this could be argued to reverse), which I worry slightly about but as long as it stays in the area of bombs, i'm a little less concerned.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Going further down the Anakin rabbit hole, his ability, ship ability and Afterburners all use the same wording, so it sounds like you can K-Turn, Afterburners, shed your stress, barrel roll with Controls and then take your actual action?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Going further down the Anakin rabbit hole, his ability, ship ability and Afterburners all use the same wording, so it sounds like you can K-Turn, Afterburners, shed your stress, barrel roll with Controls and then take your actual action?

If they do all, indeed, have the same timing, you can absolutely do them all in any order of your choosing.