Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
e: nm

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a use for is on the left of depths area map?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Is there a use for is on the left of depths area map?

You're supposed to use it to access the flag's level by forming FLAG is LEVEL but you can just disrupt the win modifier and move right onto it, which is what I assume you already did.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Novasol posted:

Use for the letter M: You can use it to spell "minus"

Alright how about we put together a list of what you can form here.
ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE, TEN, FOURTEEN, SIXTEEN, MINUSONE, MINUSTWO, MINUSTHREE, MINUSTEN
Did I miss anything?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

McFrugal posted:

You're supposed to use it to access the flag's level by forming FLAG is LEVEL but you can just disrupt the win modifier and move right onto it, which is what I assume you already did.

Yeah, that's what I figured, because the only other things you can make is Flag is Rock or Flag is Push, which don't seem particularly meaningful.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I spent altogether too long staring down island extra 3: tiny island 2 last night and it haunted my dreams. can I get a hint about which of my assumptions is wrong or is this all correct and I’m missing something else?

1. IS and YOU cannot be decoupled from their starting vertical arrangement as there is no other IS to keep a valid YOU statement alive. You can only swap out key/flag/baba

2. Given 1, WIN must come out of the central area because IS can’t be pushed inside without breaking YOU

3. Given 2, two water tiles must be OPENed as no single tile allows you to extract the WIN block

4. Two of the three objects (baba, key, flag) can be made into the same thing, but never all 3, since you can’t have whatever you are simultaneously part of the vertical YOU and horizontal IS statements. BABA is YOU and FLAg for example doesn’t wrk because because baba becomes flag but flag then isn’t you? I guess because it comes after the YOU

5. YOU can be multiple (two) of the same object and OPEN, or two different objects but not also OPEN

6. There’s no trickery to be had by opening the bottom right water to expose one of the words there

I can get the first water open, then become the two remain objects and move/desync them but just don’t see how to also open while keeping another you object alive since the last two objects can’t be made the same..

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Ayn Randi posted:

I spent altogether too long staring down island extra 3: tiny island 2 last night and it haunted my dreams. can I get a hint about which of my assumptions is wrong or is this all correct and I’m missing something else?

1. IS and YOU cannot be decoupled from their starting vertical arrangement as there is no other IS to keep a valid YOU statement alive. You can only swap out key/flag/baba

2. Given 1, WIN must come out of the central area because IS can’t be pushed inside without breaking YOU

3. Given 2, two water tiles must be OPENed as no single tile allows you to extract the WIN block

4. Two of the three objects (baba, key, flag) can be made into the same thing, but never all 3, since you can’t have whatever you are simultaneously part of the vertical YOU and horizontal IS statements. BABA is YOU and FLAg for example doesn’t wrk because because baba becomes flag but flag then isn’t you? I guess because it comes after the YOU

5. YOU can be multiple (two) of the same object and OPEN, or two different objects but not also OPEN

6. There’s no trickery to be had by opening the bottom right water to expose one of the words there

I can get the first water open, then become the two remain objects and move/desync them but just don’t see how to also open while keeping another you object alive since the last two objects can’t be made the same..

2 is wrong.

e: half wrong

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm at 3 flowers and 51 puzzles completed and now I'm stuck on every level I have access to. I love life

The two TELE levels I have access to (Rocky Road and Haunt) are driving me nuts in particular mainly because I don't really like dealing with TELE, funnily enough

Also I can't wait to get far enough to even begin reading the confidential document that is a huge chunk of this thread

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Garden 5 (Maritime Adventures) is listed as changing in the last patch. I'm on Switch so don't have that patch. I assume this is the exact solution the patch will prevent?

https://twitter.com/fedule/status/1108489925484118017

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Also, what the gently caress is "Make" in Thicket, I can't seem to do anything with it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Disney is only hiring people that oversee LucasFilm trade marks in the video game space. There's no indication that they are developing video games in-house.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Fedule posted:

Garden 5 (Maritime Adventures) is listed as changing in the last patch. I'm on Switch so don't have that patch. I assume this is the exact solution the patch will prevent?

I can't seem to do this on PC, I can't get under the skull to go up, so maybe?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fedule posted:

I'm deep in Meta right now or I'd screenshot, but iirc, the PC version has two horizontal lines of lava so you need to swap out Hand is You/Hand is Move with pushing the wall in the bottom right to help you make the turn

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The difference for that level on PC is the lava river in the middle is 2 tiles thick.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

dreamless posted:

2 is wrong.

e: half wrong

sittin here at work, tryin to solve this in my head. still gettin nowhere but it's keeping me occupied and slightly mad

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Ayn Randi posted:

sittin here at work, tryin to solve this in my head. still gettin nowhere but it's keeping me occupied and slightly mad

#3 is wrong. Only need one hole. Since you can’t move the phrase horizontally, try the other direction.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Ayn Randi posted:

A couple hints if you want them. Try thinking differently, if you can't break two blocks what does that mean for access to the WIN block?
A stronger hint. Given you can't move the IS block left or right, what can you do to extend its reach?

I'm stuck on Automated Doors I think I need to make WALL IS NOT WALL with stuff in the main enclosure?

Einwand fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 21, 2019

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ahh I think I have it then? you can't push IS into the island but you can open the water to the left of WIN, push KEY/FLAG AND in, and line up the other KEY/FLAG to the left of IS to make KEY IS FLAG AND WIN while preserving BABA IS YOU
e: i think? not actually certain if KEY IS FLAG AND WIN means that touching the now-flag triggers a win because it's not key.. have to test when i get home
double edit: actually it could just be KEY IS OPEN AND WIN to fill out the space either way!

thanks! :)

Ayn Randi fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 21, 2019

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Man this game makes you feel like a moron sometimes. Spent hours on Forest E - Insulation when I could have been there several minutes at most, the obvious solution was right in front of me the whole time :argh:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
how do you even get to meta 12 lol (also meta 15 sucks)

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

How many times has everyone else gone "I know I was wrong all those other times, but this one actually has to be impossible. There's no way to get this to work.", and then some random interval later gone "Oh, of course! How could I have possibly missed this?"?

These are the moments I play puzzle games for, and they are happening over and over with this game. I haven't even gotten to all the stuff that I assume everyone's been winking at and blacktalking about.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

how do you even get to meta 12 lol (also meta 15 sucks)

All of the words in Meta are used somehow. If you want a more specific hint you'll have to be more specific about what's stopping you from getting there.

Qylvaran posted:

How many times has everyone else gone "I know I was wrong all those other times, but this one actually has to be impossible. There's no way to get this to work.", and then some random interval later gone "Oh, of course! How could I have possibly missed this?"?

These are the moments I play puzzle games for, and they are happening over and over with this game. I haven't even gotten to all the stuff that I assume everyone's been winking at and blacktalking about.

Like a dozen goddamn times.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

McFrugal posted:

All of the words in Meta are used somehow. If you want a more specific hint you'll have to be more specific about what's stopping you from getting there.

Like twenty goddamn times.

there's nothing on the other side of the wall to pass the cursor to

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

there's nothing on the other side of the wall to pass the cursor to

Maybe you shouldn't use a cursor then.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

I have no idea what I'm doing on Meta-15. If there's some out-of-level solution to it that isn't in line with everything else in the game, I'm going to need some help. If it's just a matter of using the words in the level in a clever way, maybe I can figure it out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Meta 15: You do indeed need to do something outside the level. There are only a tiny number of WIN sentences you can make, so figure those out and then see what you can make true outside the level.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

Meta 15: You do indeed need to do something outside the level. There are only a tiny number of WIN sentences you can make, so figure those out and then see what you can make true outside the level.

does meta 14 need to be baba?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

does meta 14 need to be baba?

it can be something else...

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I know I'm way behind everyone but I got frustrated and just looked up a bunch of answers, but then the levels they unlocked I managed to do? I guess certain tricks I picked up better than others.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Any hints for Cavern 7?

It just seems like I can't move BABA IS YOU at all: I don't see a way to keep it together through the belt, and I need it out of the way to make FLAG IS WIN.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Roluth posted:

Any hints for Cavern 7?

It just seems like I can't move BABA IS YOU at all: I don't see a way to keep it together through the belt, and I need it out of the way to make FLAG IS WIN.

The latter two statements are correct, but you're missing some game knowledge I think. There are some other levels which require you to do something similar, maybe you should try progressing more in other areas.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 21, 2019

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

McFrugal posted:

The latter two statements are correct, but you're missing some game knowledge I think. There are some other levels which require you to do something similar, maybe you should try progressing more in other areas.

...I have to somehow push it left from the other side of the belt and use FALL to get Keke in position, huh? How am I supposed to do that? I tried MOVE+PUSH shenangians, but I can't get that to work.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

corn in the bible posted:

it can be something else...

oh, duh

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Roluth posted:

...I have to somehow push it left from the other side of the belt and use FALL to get Keke in position, huh? How am I supposed to do that? I tried MOVE+PUSH shenangians, but I can't get that to work.

KEKE isn't the only object to work with on that level.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
can i get a hint on meta extra 3?

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

can i get a hint on meta extra 3?

A very small hint: Experiment with which objects can and cannot normally be stacked on top of each other to rule out orders which absolutely cannot be possible.

A bigger hint: Think on how Wall and Text interact in particular.

The phrase needed for the first real step: Wall On Rock Is Baba

A final big hint: You're going to need to use the phrase above more than once by the end.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, you obviously need at least three babas to get baba on baba

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've gotten flag, wall, rock and text all in the same spot with no babas, but it was by baba on rock is wall, which can't be right

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
It sounds like you're already much, much closer to the solution than you realize.

As a final big hint, think back to the solution for this level Prison and apply a slightly expanded version of it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was using an edge instead of a corner

anyway, I'm at 218, I have everything flowered except center, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, because I did image is win and all is end