Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

it came from a tutorial:

Hooray for the educational potential of threats, I guess???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go

Goons Are Great posted:

Short ant update for those interested:
After a terrible accident yesterday involving brutal masses of water (roughly 2 drops of a total of 1ml, which is a lot) flooding the royal chambers, I did some damage control and it seems like I managed to safe my new pets, as they are active again. I Even found this fearless scout obviously named Scout McScountington leaving her mother for a brief moment to take a look at what weird place they ended up in.

She did find the honey I offered her and brought it right back to her one surviving sister and her mother, nourishing my three new pals. Can't believe this happened so soon already, I assumed they'd take ages before daring to go out!

i'm really enjoying these ant updates. the one time we tried i was a kid and didn't know poo poo so they weren't very successful.

please to rename the scout ant Bonk! pls and thank you

BoldFrankensteinMir

"Just keep your chin up, and maybe we'll let you live!"

Edit- aww heck it's a new page and quotes only go one-deep. I lost focus and got left behind :doh:

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 20, 2019

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Ah gently caress. My dad's got the flu. Which means I've been exposed to the flu. I got the shot... but so did he soooo....

Now I am somewhat concerned about this low-grade headache I assumed was just a slight hangover.

alnilam

get extra sleep and drink extra water probably the best you can do at the moment

ty manifisto

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Yeah I'm having more of the slaw from last night; get that nutrition in me! We gotta war to fight! Good sesame asain poo poo with a bit of gochujang. I should share the "recipe" (it's so simple calling it that seems disingenuous somehow) on the cooking thread next time I make some.

vanisher

Papa Was A Video Toaster

is this loss?

vanisher

TVsVeryOwn posted:

is this loss?

Dog dropped his ball over the edge to get the guy to throw it for him

Papa Was A Video Toaster

vanisher posted:

Dog dropped his ball over the edge to get the guy to throw it for him

the photo on the right kinda looks like it's two images and every 4 image comic is loss

vanisher

TVsVeryOwn posted:

the photo on the right kinda looks like it's two images and every 4 image comic is loss

It does now that you mention it

Goons Are Gifts

Farecoal posted:

i'm really enjoying these ant updates. the one time we tried i was a kid and didn't know poo poo so they weren't very successful.

please to rename the scout ant Bonk! pls and thank you

It's still a very work in progress and involves all of byob's hoping power for this to succeed, now in establishing phase of mommy queen she is extremely vulnerable and the incident last night that left her stunned for a while might have long term effects on her. Same for her children, who at this point are vital for their survival.
I hope she will lay at least one single egg soon, so I can have my first babby and also see that she is indeed fine enough to do her destiny.

Your name change proposal was reviewed and accepted by everyone, including Bonk! herself.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

dog.jpg

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Solidarity with dog. Throw the ball already or the dog will eat your baseboards.

vanisher

hamjobs posted:

Solidarity with dog. Throw the ball already or the dog will eat your baseboards.

I'm actually on the dogs side on this one I don't understand the issue

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dogs are in fact.... Good

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs posted:

Dogs are in fact.... Good

:prepop:

Resting Lich Face

... but cats are better.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

"Just keep your chin up, and maybe we'll let you live!"

Edit- aww heck it's a new page and quotes only go one-deep. I lost focus and got left behind :doh:

You were specifically warned!

Jaded Burnout

I managed to bring my PC back long enough to watch some telly, I'll fix it up proper when my new drives arrive tomorrow. So far so holiday :)

BoldFrankensteinMir

Jaded Burnout posted:

I managed to bring my PC back long enough to watch some telly, I'll fix it up proper when my new drives arrive tomorrow. So far so holiday :)

I hope it's not a rude question but I always wondered, if a UK person takes what I call a vacation, and it's during a calendar holiday, is that a holiday holiday? In the US we often delineate "holiday vacations" as a sperate group than just personal "vacation time", do you do that too?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Resting Lich Face posted:

... but cats are better.

Pal...

Cats and dogs are both... Extremely good, imo

Jaded Burnout

I hope it's not a rude question but I always wondered, if a UK person takes what I call a vacation, and it's during a calendar holiday, is that a holiday holiday? In the US we often delineate "holiday vacations" as a sperate group than just personal "vacation time", do you do that too?

Like Christmas etc? Nah it's all the same, though we tend to talk differently about time off taken around statutory holidays (which we call bank holidays).

So for me taking these two weeks off in a random month that would be a "holiday" or "hols" if you're a 45 year old office manager, or a break, or annual leave if you wanna get technical for some places. "Do you have any holidays planned" is a common question I'm asked by my mother, and what she's asking there is a) am I taking any special time off or b) am I doing anything of note during a seasonal break like a trip to Australia or whatever. It's always a question that implies a certain specialness to "a holiday".

For Christmas/Easter etc people get more specific and might say "I'm taking the week between Christmas and New Year" or "there's a bank holiday coming up so I'm taking that week off". They're still taking "a holiday" but the phrase "I'm taking a holiday next week" more refers to what you'd call vacation. Nobody would say that for an upcoming seasonal break because yeah no poo poo buddy.

So now I've typed that up I think we would say "holiday" where you would say "vacation" and we'd say something like "time off over Christmas" or "the Christmas break" to refer to a well-known period.

You can "take a holiday over Christmas" but nobody would say that unless they were doing something special with the time like travelling abroad or climbing hills in Scotland. We do use the phrase "staycation" though, which sucks.

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 21, 2019

FlaxAxis

sup #entitlitos
hello it is good to be back on the old yob. I haven;t gooned in years. I made this account a few years back to post one thing and then forgot, after losing my old account.

I think I stopped posting around 2010 or so. I remember around the time I quit yob was mostly a bunch of posts that just said "post" and then everyone emptyquoting that

i want to do internet again please

vanisher = sig champ

BoldFrankensteinMir

FlaxAxis posted:

hello it is good to be back on the old yob. I haven;t gooned in years. I made this account a few years back to post one thing and then forgot, after losing my old account.

I think I stopped posting around 2010 or so. I remember around the time I quit yob was mostly a bunch of posts that just said "post" and then everyone emptyquoting that

Welcome back oh brave time traveler, this is a remarkably peaceful era of the 'yob. Come hither, hello and speak with us, of your favorite pets and/or crimes, and feel welcome!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FlaxAxis posted:

Hello and welcome back! :glomp:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Welcome back oh brave time traveler, this is a remarkably peaceful era of the 'yob. Come hither, hello and speak with us, of your favorite pets and/or crimes, and feel welcome!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
one time i committed petty mycolarceny

Manifisto

Olive! posted:

did you trespass for morels

I would never convict you if I were on a jury

FlaxAxis

sup #entitlitos

Olive! posted:

foraging? I pick mushrooms and have definitely gone out of bounds before

vanisher = sig champ

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FlaxAxis posted:

Hello new old friend and welcome! Also &chat!

Today I met my neighbor's new cat who I named Noam Chomnky because he is extremely c h o n k.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Olive! posted:

It's only petty mycolarceny if you get caught brown-handed.

Goons Are Gifts

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!

Byob please tell me about your day, I'm curious how it was!

Resting Lich Face

Went from hangover to class to errands to beer and liquor. I'm on the beer and liquor part of the day now. Best part of the day.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!

Byob please tell me about your day, I'm curious how it was!

I touched a nature, a new cat, a lot of familiar cats, two extremely good dogs, a lot of goats, a lot of sheep, a few alpacas, and a lot of animal hair.

Resting Lich Face

Also kitty in lap. Best.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i pruned my blueberry bushes and took a nice dog walk where my dog met up with one of his dog friends named willie

Manifisto

in addition to preserving lemons, or taking the first steps for doing so, I solved a geocache puzzle and did not find the geocache. but I don't feel bad, it went mia as caches sometimes do, and the person who hid it was very nice and responsive. and it was a cool puzzle and a nice excuse to go for a walk, so how could I mind? also I bought gochujang which I've never tried before and am in the process of making shrimp with it and I have high hopes.

ty nesamdoom!

Resting Lich Face

Gochujang is dank AF. Throw in some miso paste and a bit of soy glaze and you've got yourself the start of one hell of a good stir fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

FlaxAxis posted:

welcome! it's good to see so many new/returning friends

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!