Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yay for next week being a musical episode and boo for them actually touching the desert tribe plot from the books.

VVVV You can check my post history for what happens with it in the books but another plot where a woman is 'empowered' after a sexual violation. Julia's was one too many to begin with.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yay for next week being a musical episode and boo for them actually touching the desert tribe plot from the books.

Why boo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Paging Rhyno...

It ain't my fault she's a goddess.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

There's no reason to think the desert tribe plot will play out the same way in the show as it did in the books. Even the season 2+ plotlines pulled from the books end up pretty different.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Must be pretty easy to stage a coup in Fillory. All you have to is to tell someone a prophecy saying that the highking must be dethroned and they won't even ask why.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 21, 2019

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
I'm pretty sure I've yelled "gently caress" at the ending of every episode this season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how apparently it is now just going to be a yearly thing, "the musical episode."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gonna be hard to top the last one.

So who's Alice gonna end up with since everyone is pairing off?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Her evil twin.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Alice deserves to be alone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

Her evil twin.

Hot.

GreenNight posted:

This still works with the above.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Glad the whole overthrowing thing got resolved quickly and cleverly, I should have expected as much.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I wish we could've just kept Evil Alice, she's terrible this season

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Ideally briefly with a cannon, and then the sun after an explosive breakup.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Rhyno posted:

It ain't my fault she's a goddess.

No that’s Julia.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
alice's style is half Victorian governess and half The Craft, it rules

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

alice's style is half Victorian governess and half The Craft, it rules

And 100% hot.

In this episode she was 200% hot.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Alice is Better off Alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs9QUtWc3M

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Love that song.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

GreenNight posted:

Those are the same descriptions on my DVR

Also here is Poppy's book: https://imgur.com/gallery/J5o78yK

Like I said Josh was freaking out about finding a non-werewolf human to have sex with for absolutely no reason at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Margot and Josh are such a great love story.

"It feels like we've got more bangin' to do"

"IT DOES"

Edit: Hey wait, Marlee Matlin got split into three right? And the prism was designed to reintegrate three being so when Alice got hit with that shockwave is it likely she was split into three? So maybe their's a hyper evil Alice that ran off and hid?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 23, 2019

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Hey wait, Marlee Matlin got split into three right? And the prism was designed to reintegrate three being so when Alice got hit with that shockwave is it likely she was split into three? So maybe their's a hyper evil Alice that ran off and hid?

I guess if another part of her was split off, it would be another aspect than another evil one, but I don't think there was anything special about the number 3 other than there being 3 people involved in the ritual which caused her to go to 3 different mirrors.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Based on the music during the credits, it seems like Penny's "it's something much worse" is referring to The Beast. But is he really that much worse than The Monster?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a 45 second preview of the next episode on syfy wire, it's not the Beast.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Which is too bad, need more of his singing

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Dammit Penny why did you have to phrase this revelation in the most cliffhangery way possible?! I also have to give this show a very, VERY rare demerit for slipping so completely into conventional T.V. dialog at the end there since no one talks like that, but I guess just write that off as Penny's brain still being scrambled.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
The best part of this whole season has been Penny with the egg.

Arjun Gupta :swoon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show once had a scene where two books were loving.

Carry on.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Rhyno posted:

This show once had a scene where two books were loving.

Carry on.

The Magicians: Angsty Sex Wizards

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Magicians: Why is your face, making that face?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Magicians: There’s a Man in The TV Who Deserves My Wrath

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Magicians: "Margo, did you roofie me?"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rhyno posted:

The Magicians: "Margo, did you roofie me?"

I believe it was troofie

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Nihonniboku posted:

I believe it was troofie

Nope, different thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Look out! Jesus Christ Superstar is starting!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

So they finally went to the same god drat rock quarry that I've seen in a dozen Vancouver productions. Killjoys uses it all the time, just with different colored lenses.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm glad that they've found an unused plot line from the books to bring back in! This season has been largely devoid inspirations from the books this season. I wonder if it'll end the same way.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

GreenNight posted:

So they finally went to the same god drat rock quarry that I've seen in a dozen Vancouver productions. Killjoys uses it all the time, just with different colored lenses.

I'm sure they used it a million times in X-Files and Battlestar Galactica

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, yeah, of course the men telling women that they can't get angry and only men can save them were loving lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

There's no show I love like how I feel about Magicians. This is the best goddamn tv