Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This is actually pretty nutso im not sure whats going ot happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

was really hoping for four distinct spellings of Lauren

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, ok

Yay?

Big Wendy lol

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

rip Wendy
too BIG for this island

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

was 40% expecting Wendy to go home

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Survivor 38: I love it when you call me big Wendy

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Wendy sucks at this game and shouldn't be excited to be voted out but dammit I want to see her return

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Didn't you see the extinction island people losing their poo poo this week?

PLUS WENDY.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think a shot of everyone off in clusters scheming, while Wendy just sits in the middle while they decide her fate, as a pawn or castaway. I don't think she is well suited to this game but it will be fun to see her weird energy on Extinction.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 21, 2019

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big Wendy is too pure for this cursed game

I hope people band together against the returnees at the merge. David and Joe are not interesting enough to warrant a repeat season, particularly when it's not a full All-Stars and they're crowding out new people for airtime by default

Also I appreciate that Keith is one of the most thoroughly lovely characters that's been on this show in a long time, but in a light fun "Jesus Christ this dude sucks impossibly bad" sort of way and not a "Hmm this person is morally repugnant and should not have been put on television" sort of way. The two Edge of Extinction scenes in this episode pushed him over the top for me and now I'm eager to see what other rear end in a top hat moves he can manage to pull off

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 21, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Ah, the NEE system.

I mean they had a knighthood and everything.

Wardog got a big two hour OOF from me today, and hey it turns out Wendy is more tolerable when she's not being a weirdo about chickens. Still not sad to see her go, not a fan of someone who just refuses to play the game and is just there ~for the experience~, though I did smile at her energy when she was leaving.

Victoria is growing on me, I hope she goes far but it's gonna be a tough sell to win if she makes it to the end.

lmao forever at Reem

xbilkis posted:

Big Wendy is too pure for this cursed game

I hope people band together against the returnees at the merge. David and Joe are not interesting enough to warrant a repeat season, particularly when it's not a full All-Stars and they're crowding out new people for airtime by default

Also I appreciate that Keith is one of the most thoroughly lovely characters that's been on this show in a long time, but in a light fun "Jesus Christ this dude sucks impossibly bad" sort of way and not a "Hmm this person is morally repugnant and should not have been put on television" sort of way. The two Edge of Extinction scenes in this episode pushed him over the top for me and now I'm eager to see what other rear end in a top hat moves he can manage to pull off

Having not seen any of the seasons he was on, I like David. Also agree on Keith, he's already a Duke student he should just embrace the evil.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Was that a Mets tat I saw on the Wardog?

Would certainly explain all the failure.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Victoria's getting a good run but I'll point right back to her bio:

She's a waitress who gleefully tells everybody possible that she got a perfect grade point average in college and also gave a nice speech at graduation.

Her strategy is clearly solid. I'm still left very much wondering about her social acumen.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

No comments on the fact that Wendy's first thought after being voted out was eating meat?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, do we really care? She didn't want to eat something she had named. I don't think it has to be more principled than that, and she clearly crossed the "sympathetic" line when she released them anyway. Wendy clearly never had the attitude or makeup for Survivor. We get those types plenty but I think she just stood out because she was also the crazy one. I'm not a fan of that double tribal thing, and Wendy sitting there as everyone confirmed her execution was awkward. But Wendy had basically played herself into that position anyway and she didn't take it too badly. I honestly half expected her to go home instead of having the proper reaction of laughing at the choice.

I don't know if Edge of Extinction is good game or good tv, but they certainly succeeded in making these fuckers miserable and testing their resolve to stay in the game. And clearly none of them have the sense not to trust a Duke man. God help them when Wendy shows up.

Gotta give some credit to Victoria for lulling Aubry into confidence, I guess. She's definitely one of the few newbies who has made themselves stand out in a positive way. But Aubry just seemed like she had kind of lost her mind. She had all kinds of weird rear end theories and idiosyncrasies this season. I guess that's what happens when you bring a paranoid gamebot for a 3rd time and don't talk game to them for weeks.

Manu/Lesu is legit an all time terrible tribe and I think they just got trapped in a cycle of losing and finger pointing. The tribe leaders seemed to adopt the "everyone point at her" strategy to keep a target in play at all times, and then when you're always losing you just keep pointing fingers and create a toxic, self defeating atmosphere. Watching David try and work them up to get some food and build some momentum, have them reject it, and then poo poo talk when he walks away seemed like it summed up the tribal experience and why they sucked so much.

If I was Manu I'd be a little embarrassed I lost that tribal to them even with Joe and the Kamas trying to help cheat.

They're a genuinely terrible tribe and like they didn't even have horrific weather or Rupert and Fairplay stealing their poo poo or something.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
It is a good thing when people who don't particularly seem to care much about the game get voted off, IMO.

Victoria owns and I hope she successfully cons her way through the rest of the game. Though Aubrey reached some staggering heights of foolishness by not playing her idol. Like how do you not do that when you have firsthand knowledge that your pre-swapped tribe had been icing out returning players. Also, when that idol would nearly guarantee her making the merge in possession of a helpful advantage. I liked her in Kaoh Rong, but she has been a huge disappointment this season.

I'm pumped that we're about to merge so we can finally learn about literally 1/3 of the cast.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Mar 21, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blue squares posted:

No comments on the fact that Wendy's first thought after being voted out was eating meat?

Lone Goat posted:

lol gently caress wendy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Team Victoria, all the way :toot:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Why does Reem even want to re-enter the game? She's so loving bitter no one will be able to stand working with her

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Wow, Wardog can not throw, lol.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The Dennis System posted:

Wow, Wardog can not throw, lol.

I can't believe that on a tribe with someone who's sobbing and thinking about food everyday, and David 'Puzzles 4, Me 0' Wright, that Wentworth and a dude who looks to be in decent shape are battling to be the worst competitor.

There's a bunch to unpack from the double episode but man, I'm ready to be done with both Keith and Reem I mean, Reem is testy and irritable, so I'll cut her some slack, but Keith, dude, these people are going to make your life hell and you really think you beat Chris and/or Aubry at any challenge?

Heck, if I was Keith, I'd actually sandbag Aubry. If you sandbag Chris and he loses, you really think you're getting any fish, especially after you bolted into 'anyone but me' mentality?

The flaws in Wardog's game are becoming more visible, at least. If Lesu had gone to tribal normally it would be interesting to see the old school mentality (contribute to camp) beat out a new school supergamer, but alas.

Well, if Aubry doesn't win the challenge, then Kama is going into the merge with a... 8-5 advantage? That's actually not insurmountable if the Manus stick together, as long as they get back Chris or Rick. Heck, even Aubry would be willing to jump ship, and she could swing Joe. That'd make it a 7-6 advantage Manu.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I got some enjoyment out of them poo poo talking David early in the first half then all 3 of them proceeding to look pretty worthless themselves.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

.TakaM posted:

Why does Reem even want to re-enter the game? She's so loving bitter no one will be able to stand working with her

The same problem so many players of this game have had over the years: a total lack of self awareness.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Still laughing the next morning at Wardog’s throwing lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Still laughing the next morning at Wardog’s throwing lmao

He was unbelievably bad in challenges (and social game tbh) last night, it's almost impressive.

social media game on point though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

He was unbelievably bad in challenges last night, it's almost impressive.

He threw those challenges like I threw those sandbags

All according to plan

You'll see

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Hey there's a reason Wardog tattooed a Nets logo on his body and not a Yankees logo ok (or did he do that as well?)

In retrospect, a Wendy boot at that TC was kind of a foregone conclusion. Just no incentive for the Manus to go to rocks for her. Even with her gone, Victoria/Eric/Gavin are still in great shape. Post-merge, they can fall back on their old ties and go Kama-strong, or if that doesn't seem like such a good idea they can roll with the Lessus.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Khanstant posted:

Wardog can't throw, whatever, but why didn't they put the college athlete in first anyway?

Maybe Lauren is a "college athlete" in the sense that her parents paid for her to get into college. I haven't seen her really do anything in a challenge that screams out that she is athletic. What did she play in college anyway?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nerox posted:

Maybe Lauren is a "college athlete" in the sense that her parents paid for her to get into college. I haven't seen her really do anything in a challenge that screams out that she is athletic. What did she play in college anyway?

Soccer iirc which certainly doesnt help with much on survivor except maybe balance and stamina, and she seems to have the creeping crud from something she ate or whatever which cant help either

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Vernacular posted:

Hey there's a reason Wardog tattooed a Nets logo on his body and not a Yankees logo ok (or did he do that as well?)

There's a Mets tattoo on the other side of his arm.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lauren is slowly dying, David is a scrawny nerd, Kelley is concussed, and wardog is more embarrassing than all of them haha

Tbh I think Lauren and Kelley are the top two challenge competitors out of the 4.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Lauren is slowly dying, David is a scrawny nerd, Kelley is concussed, and wardog is more embarrassing than all of them haha

Tbh I think Lauren and Kelley are the top two challenge competitors out of the 4.

I don't think that's even in question anymore lol

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
David actually got really into fitness when he got back from his season, running Iron Mans and poo poo. Unfortunately, there's only so much progress you can make as a 40 year old life-long twig person. He's leagues better than he was, but he's never going to hold a candle to young fitness models.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Thoughts last night:

"Geeze, Keith is irritating, why did they vote Reem out first?"

*Crazy-eyed-Reem-rage*

"Oh. Right."

Wendy with only herself to blame for the boot.

Fast Luck posted:

Pagong is dead. Long live Lesu.

...Nope, sorry, they died too.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

There's a Mets tattoo on the other side of his arm.

This explains everything. He's the most Mets player ever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It sure did seem like Lauren, Dave and Kelly all said "Man, Wardog is annoying and will be impossible to work with later" (or something along those lines) at some point last night, so I was a little surprised that they didn't talk about just about voting Wardog and telling the other tribe at tribal.

I mean they have social flaws in their own ways (Wardog is more annoying imo), but I guess Big Wendy would be more of a challenge threat for individual immunity so it was probably the right move. But I'm still at least surprised that it didn't come up at all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think things are as bad for Lesu as they seem. If I'm David/Wentworth/Lauren then I don't see the need to worry too much because between them they've got two idols, a great strategist and one of the best playing-from-the-bottom players ever. If I'm Wardog then I got shove my head into an oven because I'm the Wardog.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

TMMadman posted:

It sure did seem like Lauren, Dave and Kelly all said "Man, Wardog is annoying and will be impossible to work with later" (or something along those lines) at some point last night, so I was a little surprised that they didn't talk about just about voting Wardog and telling the other tribe at tribal.

I mean they have social flaws in their own ways (Wardog is more annoying imo), but I guess Big Wendy would be more of a challenge threat for individual immunity so it was probably the right move. But I'm still at least surprised that it didn't come up at all.

They correctly ascertained that Victoria/Eric/Gavin had incredibly little incentive to go to rocks for Wendy. Even without her, they still have the majority Kama alliance (or at least the 6 folks who were tight), and even if that's not a 100% certainty, it's an alluring enough prospect of guaranteed workable game position to encourage the path of least resistance to getting there.

Also, I think those two tribes must have realized that they could potentially be working together (with the new Manus perhaps being swing votes), and it would make sense to come to a consensus about and eliminate the least reliable alliance member. But probably the more likely next scenario at this point is the Kama 6 vs. the Lessu 4 with Joe, Aurora and the mystery EoE player as swing votes (that is, if they all don't just decide to axe Joe, but I don't think Lessu would be shortsighted enough to not see the danger inherent in that).

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 21, 2019

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

blue squares posted:

if a veggie burger has cheese on it is it still a cheeseburger

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

if a veggie burger has cheese on it is it still a cheeseburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

curiousCat posted: