Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Artum posted:

duncans not a community manager and its been less than a week since his last one.

That's fair! I only pay attention to the painting tutorials and was worried he left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
After finishing the final Brood Brothers squad last week, this week I've managed the first 2 of 6 new GSC characters:

Also someone is brute-forcing image URLs for future articles on the community website, and found this dude:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Nice job on the holo-display

Can't wait for the new Duncan Warmachine painting video

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

xtothez posted:

Also someone is brute-forcing image URLs for future articles on the community website, and found this dude:

Guess tomorrow is word bearers. Where's Lorgar?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Daemon Lorgar just locked himself in his room and reads all day, right?

Where is he supposed to stack up to the other Daemon Primarchs power-wise, if he actually did fight?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Didn’t pre-Daemon Lorgar just consistently get his rear end handed to him in every fight he ever had with another Primarch?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
where is the most important primarch

perturabo

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Deified Data posted:

Where is he supposed to stack up to the other Daemon Primarchs power-wise, if he actually did fight?

Kinda unknown where the other daemon primarchs stack up other than Angron smashing face.

Lorgar became way less of a bitch around the time he cut off the 500 Worlds. Casually killing titans, etc.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Lorgar, like Magnus has psychic powers.
Unlike Magnus he never learned to use them properly, and his power level fluctuates wildly.

At his best, he's almost as strong as magnus, but most of the time he's just a wet fart like the failson he is.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Groetgaffel posted:

Lorgar, like Magnus has psychic powers.
Unlike Magnus he never learned to use them properly, and his power level fluctuates wildly.

At his best, he's almost as strong as magnus, but most of the time he's just a wet fart like the failson he is.

On the other hand, he did win.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Lorgar’s a bad tipper, doesn’t wash his socks, and posts a lot about how tHe miNd is the weapon of a true warrior

Probably an incel?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Stephenls posted:

On the other hand, he did win.

Magnus is the Daemon Primarch of the best God of all. He's the biggest winner in the setting.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Tzeentch is like the forums puppetmaster of the gods and is the lamest as a consequence.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If you're not an ork you're not winning in 40K

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Nurgle is the only one that actually seems to enjoy himself. Clearly he's best.

And most likely the patron god of all goons already.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I maintain my head cannon that Eversors are running around as if their life was one amazing Andrew WK song and that all they want to do is share these REALLY GOOD DRUGS with everyone.

Therefore they are winning. At life.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eifert Posting posted:

:hai:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

xtothez posted:

After finishing the final Brood Brothers squad last week, this week I've managed the first 2 of 6 new GSC characters:

The painting execution on this is incredible and the paint scheme fantastic. You did a great job.

The colors are so rich and the definitions so precise. Jumping jackrabbits that’s amazing work 10/10

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I maintain my head cannon that Eversors are running around as if their life was one amazing Andrew WK song and that all they want to do is share these REALLY GOOD DRUGS with everyone.

Eversor assasin you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywjdJ7P-7o&t=7s

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Now I kind of want some

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

in my head it's closer to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Deified Data posted:

Tzeentch is like the forums puppetmaster of the gods and is the lamest as a consequence.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

I mean this is true, but we're talking about Chaos not Xenos :colbert: Nurgle/Morty all the way

And to whoever was asking about Perturabo, isn't there a Forge World model for him already?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sab669 posted:

I mean this is true, but we're talking about Chaos not Xenos :colbert: Nurgle/Morty all the way

And to whoever was asking about Perturabo, isn't there a Forge World model for him already?

Yeah but I'd assume even Perturabo is going to look different in 40k.

The most fun god is slaanesh btw how is it not plainly obvious.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I think the Badcast boys put it best; Slaanesh is simply hard to represent on the table.

I love the (old) Noise Marines, but the rest of the line up is pretty bland I think. I don't like most of the Slaanesh demon, either. The more recent releases are mostly cool though.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

xtothez posted:

Those dudes look great! The Iconward has gone from the worst character to one of my favorites.

I loving love the idea of hams brute forcing URLs lmao

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Speaking of, I don't know when when, but the Start Collecting Chaos Marine box is gone from the store.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sab669 posted:

I think the Badcast boys put it best; Slaanesh is simply hard to represent on the table.

I love the (old) Noise Marines, but the rest of the line up is pretty bland I think. I don't like most of the Slaanesh demon, either. The more recent releases are mostly cool though.

I'm a big fan of using Slaanesh to push the perfection angle. An entire army of physically perfect, daemonically enhanced super warriors.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

My favorite depiction of Slaanesh themes will always be Sigvald the Magnificent from WHFB. Just a really vain, fancy rear end in a top hat. He was by far the most fun chaos lord to play as in Total War, too.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm a big fan of using Slaanesh to push the perfection angle. An entire army of physically perfect, daemonically enhanced super warriors.

Same but I like that the idea of perfection has driven them to madness and their idea of perfect is bizzare and on another level. Just weird lookin fuckin dudes who see themselves as the next step in evolution.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think a well executed, 'perfect' paint job can represent this to an extent... but how are they any more "perfect" than any Imperium Marines? Like it's just such an abstract concept to try and model.

All the other gods have very visual themes. Nurgle rot, Khorne skulls, Tzeentch... is a little abstract too, and overlaps a little with how Nurgle changes things. But perfection/excess is just so intangible.

I think it was an AoS model where some Slaneesh demon made a harp out of some poor bastard. That thing is loving sweet and represents the 'excess' facet really well, but it's one of few models that really represent what Slaneesh is about, IMO. Single tittied lobster claw ladies is just like :confused:

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Sab669 posted:

I think it was an AoS model where some Slaneesh demon made a harp out of some poor bastard. That thing is loving sweet and represents the 'excess' facet really well, but it's one of few models that really represent what Slaneesh is about, IMO. Single tittied lobster claw ladies is just like :confused:

The enrapturess is playable in 40k, and causes any doubles to manifest within 24" cause perils. The harp is also basically a sonic blaster, and she's a psyker

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
This essay is pretty long and gets really deep into stuff I've never really thought about, but I've seen it linked a bunch.

http://hipsterhammer.tumblr.com/post/156891771531/on-slaanesh

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Same but I like that the idea of perfection has driven them to madness and their idea of perfect is bizzare and on another level. Just weird lookin fuckin dudes who see themselves as the next step in evolution.

"Today I had lunch with the Goddess. "Steinman," she said... "I'm here to free you from the tyranny of the commonplace. I'm here to show you a new kind of beauty." I asked her, "What do you mean, goddess?" "Symmetry, dear Steinman. It's time we did something about symmetry..."

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Daemonettes could do with a minor resculpt, sure but Slaanesh has always been about challenging perception of 'what is normal' i think, as well as showing the nature of life. That something can be both beautiful and terrible, beneficial and destructive, caring and malicious. That something is only as good or bad as you make yourself believe it is because, once you believe it, how can it be anything else? Slaanesh wants to tear those walls down and show you the path to perfect existence, reveling in all that life has to offer with no barriers, no restraints, no principles, no morals - only indulgence.

It's terrifying and it's beautiful.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Sab669 posted:

All the other gods have very visual themes. Nurgle rot, Khorne skulls, Tzeentch... is a little abstract too, and overlaps a little with how Nurgle changes things. But perfection/excess is just so intangible.

I dunno, I think my "Fulgrim in a banana hammock" conversion conveys "excess" quite well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sab669 posted:

I think a well executed, 'perfect' paint job can represent this to an extent... but how are they any more "perfect" than any Imperium Marines? Like it's just such an abstract concept to try and model.

I look at Sigvald the Magnificent as a good starting point.

Ornate, angelic, at first glance an idealistic form that looks like a mold for a hero. The kind of models that Imperial players will gladly convert to use as their HQs. Slaanesh is where we would see female Marines, either due to new Astartes being created or ancient heretics transforming themselves.

The thing about the Chaos gods themselves is that they're not evil. They're primal forces of nature. Khorne is the manifestation of rage and war, Nurgle the manifestation of decay and entropy, Tzeentch the manifestation of magic and machinations, and Slaanesh the manifestation of freedom and excess.

I like the idea of the Slaanesh daemons pursuing the body horror side, and the Slaanesh worshippers pursuing physical perfection.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I can see what you're getting at; I agree Sigvald there is a good example of Slaneesh Perfection. And now that I've looked over a lot of the Imperium HQs I guess the Imperium stuff does look a lot more "war torn" than I realized. So yea, I guess I agree - humanoid pretty boys works.

I just don't "get" a lot of the Daemons or just regular Marines though. If Slaneesh players like them, then cool I guess that's all that matters. But it's definitely one of those things where I want to like it, but don't. Like, what is that Lucious the Eternal model (sorry I can't link; looking at models on my phone and posting on my work desktop :downs:)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sab669 posted:

I can see what you're getting at; I agree Sigvald there is a good example of Slaneesh Perfection. And now that I've looked over a lot of the Imperium HQs I guess the Imperium stuff does look a lot more "war torn" than I realized. So yea, I guess I agree - humanoid pretty boys works.

I just don't "get" a lot of the Daemons or just regular Marines though. If Slaneesh players like them, then cool I guess that's all that matters. But it's definitely one of those things where I want to like it, but don't. Like, what is that Lucious the Eternal model (sorry I can't link; looking at models on my phone and posting on my work desktop :downs:)

Slaanesh just needs a total, comprehensive reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vigilus Ablaze preview for Renegades and the Fallen.

Six warbands - Crimson Slaughter, Red Corsairs, the Purge, the Scourged, Brazen Beasts, Flawless Host - are each getting Chapter Tactics, Stratagems, Warlord traits, and Artefacts.

The Fallen can now get sorcerers and Rhinos.