Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caros
May 14, 2008

This explains why his cancer went undetected so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Vice units are probably the worst creeps in law enforcement. "Yeah, we're just going to hang around strip clubs and go undercover with sex workers because uhhhh... police reasons".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VH4Ever posted:

USPOL Spring: Springtime for Orange Hitler

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best part of the theranos documentary is one of the guys she fleeced (and i think the same one that said he;d still invest in her at another company if she was chief science officer) is wearing a bitcoin tie during his interview.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

VH4Ever posted:

Good Lord yes. Please.

Winter, for horses, and Pence!

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 21, 2019

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Groovelord Neato posted:

the best part of the theranos documentary is one of the guys she fleeced (and i think the same one that said he;d still invest in her at another company if she was chief science officer) is wearing a bitcoin tie during his interview.

I enjoyed the engineer trying to explain that the machine couldn't work because the laws of thermodynamics said no, and they just babbled some Silicon Valley team player, innovation, disruption bullshit at him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is Stormy Daniels just a karma vector that destroys everything in contact with her? the police, the president, michael avanetti

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

RandomBlue posted:

I didn't ignore it and you're the one throwing "extra" into the mix. She's the one that used "tooth extraction" as the central example in her stupid tweet. There are tons of other longer term acute pain. 3-6 months is still considered acute.

e: Yes, I know the original tweet is about "extra" meds and I agree that over PRESCRIBING is the issue but putting a flat 7 day limit on all opioid subscriptions for acute pain is idiotic.

what does the bill define as acute? I'm guessing it's "things that don't last 3-6 months"

the common, or even industry, definition literally doesn't matter at all here, that's not how bills work

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

VH4Ever posted:

Tighter:

USPOL Spring: Time for Orange Hitler

Kale
May 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

you're extremely on the wrong side here lmao

I'm not on anybody's side and sorry but USPOL's collective positions on a given day don't really dictate what is right or wrong in my outlook on life. There doesn't always have to be a "side" to everything that cancels out holding conflicting or overlapping outlooks like a lot of USPOL regulars seem to think. People believe in the Us vs. Them rhetoric where everything is an absolute one side of a divide or the exact polar opposite position far too much here lately and it's kind of lead me not to take a lot of what gets talked about (or rather how it gets hyper-analyzed for "correct takes") terribly seriously at length anymore, not gonna lie.

There's literally no "side" to my argument is the thing. I didn't particularly like John McCain much and his obsession with regime change helped get the US and some allies into a lot of messes over the years. I thought he was a bad candidate in 2008 and his choice of running mate was a joke that lasts to this day, but Trump's preoccupation with a literal dead guy this week is ridiculous and kind of comes into focus more when he's the living party in this, I guess feud. My opinion of John McCain really doesn't have much to do with that nor do I figure I need to qualify how ridiculous I find Trump's behavior with a litany reminder of "But this guy did this and that thing I didn't care for when he was alive".

Anyway you do you in all honesty and if you want to see a "side" and exact right vs wrong outlook in literally every twist and turn of life (including what the exact correct position is supposed to be on a sitting president occupying his time with attacks on a literal dead guy) and be mad about anything that opposes the decided exact right position for apparently all USPOL posters to hold then go for it. Nobody's stopping you, I personally just find it peculiar and figure it looks kind of exhausting. It's not how I view the world anyway.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ewiley posted:

This is why the Dems keep losing

Maybe this isn't why I'm a political operative or anything, but "Will undo all of Trumps fuckups" seems like a winner to me.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Maybe this isn't why I'm a political operative or anything, but "Will undo all of Trumps fuckups" seems like a winner to me.

You can't do that in 4 years, the rot is too deep

Nobody wants a president who is only interested in serving 4 years, that part is stupid

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

"i am not donald trump" didn't work in 2016 and it won't work now.

you have to actually offer people tangible material benefits to voting for you.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

skylined! posted:

I imagine the motivation would have a lot to do with being able to push voting rights from the executive branch and not from an unelected role in GA. She must be doing the math on a GA senate run and think her odds are better with Biden.

I was going to say, she doesn't have too many options after the fiasco that was the gubernatorial race - not her fault, gently caress Brian Kemp. But she's licking her wounds and trying to figure out where her next step up and out of this is, because it's too corrupt down here for her to win.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kale posted:

I'm not on anybody's side and sorry but USPOL's collective positions on a given day don't really dictate what is right or wrong in my outlook on life. There doesn't always have to be a "side" to everything that cancels out holding conflicting or overlapping outlooks like a lot of USPOL regulars seem to think. People believe in the Us vs. Them rhetoric where everything is an absolute one side of a divide or the exact polar opposite position far too much here lately and it's kind of lead me not to take a lot of what gets talked about (or rather how it gets hyper-analyzed for "correct takes") terribly seriously at length anymore, not gonna lie.

There's literally no "side" to my argument is the thing. I didn't particularly like John McCain much and his obsession with regime change helped get the US and some allies into a lot of messes over the years. I thought he was a bad candidate in 2008 and his choice of running mate was a joke that lasts to this day, but Trump's preoccupation with a literal dead guy this week is ridiculous and kind of comes into focus more when he's the living party in this, I guess feud. My opinion of John McCain really doesn't have much to do with that nor do I figure I need to qualify how ridiculous I find Trump's behavior with a litany reminder of "But this guy did this and that thing I didn't care for when he was alive".

Anyway you do you in all honesty and if you want to see a "side" and exact right vs wrong outlook in literally every twist and turn of life (including what the exact correct position is supposed to be on a sitting president occupying his time with attacks on a literal dead guy) and be mad about anything that opposes the decided exact right position for apparently all USPOL posters to hold then go for it. Nobody's stopping you, I personally just find it peculiar and figure it looks kind of exhausting. It's not how I view the world anyway.

Being down on voting for mass death is just, like, your opinion, man. You should be above getting worked up over mass death like me, the smart guy in the room, who is above it all even when "it" is "endless war abroad and plowing under the poor and minorities at home."

:smuggo:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cable Guy posted:

Uh... This might be a thing. I remember reading a few years ago about a hantavirus outbreak in southern USA (I think..?). Quick google...

It's not person-to-person transmissable, (usually being spread through rodent poop inhaled in dry/dusty environments) and neither the Sin Nombre outbreak or any other North American outbreaks have involved other organs failing as far as I can remember or find, but it has happened in Asia with closely related viruses of the same family.
I'm sure the CDC will be loo...

... oh.

gently caress.
--------------

This is god's work... truly amazing. :golfclap:

Wait how did you jump from the case of the guy dying to hantavirus?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

kidkissinger posted:

"Undoing 4 years of Trump" isn't a tangible material benefit?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

kidkissinger posted:

It actually will work now, people are no longer under the delusion he can't win. That doesn't mean it will help Biden get out of a primary, though.

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 21, 2019

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Somehow Donald Trump’s magic will only work for the Democrats in 2020. He’s still the incumbent.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

USPOL Spring-crime for Orange Hitler

If you are going for the reference go all the way IMO.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Honestly, I don't think enough Americans have suffered material hardships because of Donald Trump and it seems like the ones that have (farmers) are still on board with him.

People are however seriously hurting due to lack of access to healthcare, education, and a basic social safety net. Running on these things is more important than highlighting how bad Trump is.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you coulda just written "yeah i'm wrong" and saved yourself some effort.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

kidkissinger posted:

Honestly, I don't think enough Americans have suffered material hardships because of Donald Trump and it seems like the ones that have (farmers) are still on board with him.

People are however seriously hurting due to lack of access to healthcare, education, and a basic social safety net. Running on these things is more important than highlighting how bad Trump is.

You can do both. He hurt education by his appointment of Betsy DeVos, the student loan crisis is worse than it's ever been and gives real hardships to people even decades out of school, he's an enemy of Obamacare, hasn't done a goddamn thing to lower RX prices like he promised, has attacked any social assistance program he can... there's a lot there.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

You can do both. He hurt education by his appointment of Betsy DeVos, the student loan crisis is worse than it's ever been and gives real hardships to people even decades out of school, he's an enemy of Obamacare, hasn't done a goddamn thing to lower RX prices like he promised, has attacked any social assistance program he can... there's a lot there.

Since we're talking about Biden here, I just want to point out that he's hardly better on any of these issues

Kale
May 14, 2010

sean10mm posted:

USPOLscreed.txt

Groovelord Neato posted:

USPOLscreed.txt

As I literally say you do you. Whatever USPOL gonna USPOL. I'm kind of over this thread lately with the constant grievances, derails into rehashed topics and positions, black and white framing of everything, and the regularly refusing to engage in good faith posting/discussion style anyway. Some people here are cool but they don't post often enough to cancel out all the white noise and nonsensical arguing and posturing.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

His cabinet's "work" absolutely needs to be burnt to the ground and rebuilt by sane people, over the ashes. But giving people something to vote for, as well as against will swell the numbers at the polls to get rid of bigus dickus.

I say "his cabinet" because that goblin just sits around and watches FOX all day.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus loving Christ

https://twitter.com/ISTAmembers/status/1108461778294366208?s=19

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Oh good, now when they get executed for real they won't be scared?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trying to build up their tolerance for bullets, smart

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Half the people teaching these "drills" has no goddam idea what they're doing

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

As I literally say you do you. Whatever USPOL gonna USPOL. I'm kind of over this thread lately with the constant grievances, derails into rehashed topics and positions, black and white framing of everything, and the regularly refusing to engage in good faith posting/discussion style anyway. Some people here are cool but they don't post often enough to cancel out all the white noise and nonsensical arguing and posturing.

Kale, I love you man, but try to have one post without saying how much everyone else in the room is an idiot unworthy of your attention? :cmon:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

KickerOfMice posted:

His cabinet's "work" absolutely needs to be burnt to the ground and rebuilt by sane people, over the ashes. But giving people something to vote for, as well as against will swell the numbers at the polls to get rid of bigus dickus.

I say "his cabinet" because that goblin just sits around and watches FOX all day.

I get what you're saying and I agree, but I think "erasing Trump" can be both if you frame it right. Voting for Biden is a vote against Trump and everything he's done, but also a vote for (Biden's plan to fix the problem.)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Half the people teaching these "drills" has no goddam idea what they're doing
Even SERE school doesn't do mock executions, and they loving waterboard people.

Cops are so goddamn dumb.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Kale posted:

you're talking about yourself, kale

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Get this weird cop violence fetish poo poo the gently caress out of here. What the gently caress.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Shifty Pony posted:

USPOL Spring-crime for Orange Hitler

If you are going for the reference go all the way IMO.

Aww I was going to suggest “Hope (Hicks) Springs Eternal”

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

this seems dumb even for 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kale posted:

kale are you an imax.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kale posted:

This post sucks and you should stop doing sucky posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/meghanmccain/status/712348351820337152

Jealous Cow posted:

Why the gently caress would we want to give up he incumbency advantage? loving stupid rear end centrists.

"Just reminding you I'm old as gently caress. Vote for me."

DLC Inc posted:

is Stormy Daniels just a karma vector that destroys everything in contact with her? the police, the president, michael avanetti

She's like a reverse Ben Shapiro.