Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

If Gruden started phoning it in, with Washington's dysfunction he might stay for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jay Gruden will get the Lions gig when Patricia is fired this year

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That's loving sick

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Vinny Curry on a 1 year deal. Nice depth move and he was cut so it doesn't affect the comp pick equation.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

NotWearingPants posted:

Vinny Curry on a 1 year deal. Nice depth move and he was cut so it doesn't affect the comp pick equation.

He took less money than the Giants offered to return to the Eagles lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

Awesome! I always liked me some Curry as a rotational piece. I also always thought he was getting underutilized here but it turns out maybe not lol

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ELO Musk posted:

Awesome! I always liked me some Curry as a rotational piece. I also always thought he was getting underutilized here but it turns out maybe not lol

I think everyone thought he'd take the next step after that year he had 9 sacks in like 30% of the snaps, but it just didn't happen.

Wonder if this signals the end of Chris Long with the Eagles.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

deedee megadoodoo posted:

He took less money than the Giants offered to return to the Eagles lol

Curry is a noted die-hard Eagles fan/lifer, so

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Now bring back Beau Allen.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MD2020 posted:

I think everyone thought he'd take the next step after that year he had 9 sacks in like 30% of the snaps, but it just didn't happen.

Wonder if this signals the end of Chris Long with the Eagles.

I hope not, love that guy

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles still have like $16-18 million left and they....started with $16-18 million? :getin:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Eagles still have like $16-18 million left and they....started with $16-18 million? :getin:

Howie is borrowing money from future years, assuming the cap will continue to go up. Reuben Frank had a good article on the details: How Eagles are using fake contract years to create cap space

quote:

The small print in Darby’s contract states simply that the 2020 through 2023 seasons “void automatically” if Darby is on the Eagles’ roster 23 days before the start of the official 2020 league year, which would be sometime in late February.

In other words, if he’s on the team, he’s no longer on the team.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Ranking the NFL’s top-five blocking tight ends in 2018

quote:

5. Dallas Goedert, Philadelphia Eagles
Goedert’s rookie season was chock full of strong run-blocking efforts, as he earned 65.0-plus run-blocking grades in seven games in 2018. His 72.5 run-blocking grade ranked fifth among qualifiers in 2018 and ranks inside the top 20 among all rookie tight ends in the PFF era (2006-Present).

sell high on Ertz

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/matt_mullin/status/1111015447502221313

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Checks out.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Eli Manning on @Eagles fans: "You go there, and that 9-year-old kid is giving you the double finger. Not a thumbs-up. Not, ‘We’re No. 1.’ And he said something about my mom; I had to Google what it was. It’s just different. It’s a different culture.

Eli Manning, Googling insults about his mother.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What a pure, innocent lad.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
We got Jordan Howard, y'all.

For a 2020 6th rounder. Then, we 'rent' him for this year in the last year of his rookie deal where he's most 'hungry' and motivated.

Let him walk in FA and that 6th rounder becomes a comp 4th rounder and we get a quality RB for a year

#howie

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wow, what? He's not a top-tier RB but that still feels like a steal.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Jordan Howard for a 2020 6th is so ridiculous I have to assume there's something up with him we don't know.

Do the Eagles even have any holes left now that they'll need to fill through the draft or can it all be BPA?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

suck a fuckin dick Eli, I hope your mother regrets your existence

e: also I guess a 2020 6th is fine but Jordan Howard isn’t very good and I’m not expecting much from him. idk how Nagy and Pederson have different evaluations of the guy considering they’re from the same offensive school, but whatever. 2021 comp pick toot toot

indigi fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 29, 2019

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

axeil posted:

Jordan Howard for a 2020 6th is so ridiculous I have to assume there's something up with him we don't know.

Do the Eagles even have any holes left now that they'll need to fill through the draft or can it all be BPA?

Conditional pick, could become a 5th (which, still, day 3 pick). Anyway the guy is coming off three straight seasons of 250+ carries and his YPC has fallen like a rock. 5.2 as a rookie but only 3.7 last year. Mostly a non-factor as a receiver. Also, I think he's on the last year of his deal. With that said, he probably still has more left in the tank than Blount did, and the Eagles desparately needed a power RB. With Clement and/or Smallwood around, they'll never need to use him on third down. They could still draft a guy, but it's less of a need and they could possibly just go the UDFA route again.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I doubt we are gonna use him as a passing down back, we have 2 guys to handle that side of things.

I always saw him as a younger and heavier Blount

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Howard is a thumper, yeah. A talented thumper that you can feed the ball to and get actual production out of is the key. If Wentz were to get hurt, for instance, we'd still have a good offense because the threat of a run would still exist with our line and a guy like him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yikes, okay. Seeing the production and injury stuff, yeah I’m thinking of fantasy star Howard from 2 years ago.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

He should still get to punch in a few TD's, but I don't see him having a big year for fantasy, I'd probably only pick him up in a deep league where you can start like 3 guys at RB. I see him having something like 800 yards and 6-7 TD's, but the TD's are kind of a crapshoot, Blount only had 2 for them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's a good signing that makes sense almost regardless of how well he performs. I think he'll do okay in Philly actually

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Shinjobi posted:

a decrepit old tight end

You shut your whore mouth about Gold Jacket Witt

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Never forget that the Cowboys almost had a chance to draft a 1st round TE talent named Dallas in the 2nd round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8Gur2XiWM

But the Eagles traded up to the preceding pick and grabbed him. The Eagles took that from you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FrankenVader posted:

You shut your whore mouth about Gold Jacket Witt

I will not. Witten should have stayed gone. His leaving the way he did pissed me off, his coming back hat in hand because he couldn't talk good is just the icing on the cake.

Quit or don't, ya big balding baby.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Looks like Eagles twitter rumors are circling around Hollywood Brown as the preferred option.

One one hand, Brown + Jackson on the filed simultaneously basically requires the defense to play two deep safeties on them, which opens up the middle for Ertz and Goddert. So those two would shatter all the TE efficiency records on 6 yards checkdowns. OTOH, as much as I don't like Metcalf, I'd almost rather the Eagles trade up for DK as he's just as fast as Brown and 40 pounds heavier. I also don't think Brown has good hands either.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We're going OL if Dillard or Ford are there. Book it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I said it over in news/views but I'm very :geno: about who we draft tonight/this weekend. team looks pretty solid all-around so i just want them to get good value.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well I don't think you'll feel that way when we have no LT and Vaitai is named a starter until we draft a replacement

Unless we go OL that is

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Waiting to see how bad Wash manages this is about all I care about. Please let it be spectacular

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LethalGeek posted:

Waiting to see how bad Wash manages this is about all I care about. Please let it be spectacular

Well it's been what, three days since Washington showed how much of an utter shitshow they are?

Yeah they're due.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

axeil posted:

I said it over in news/views but I'm very :geno: about who we draft tonight/this weekend. team looks pretty solid all-around so i just want them to get good value.

Same.

The Eagles are relatively strong everywhere and the draft is such a crapshoot anyway I never get real worked about it.

People talk like they know wtf they're doing and everyone has an "expert" opinion on it complete with "grades" in the aftermath but it's always enlightening to go back an re-read these a few years later and realize how nobody knows poo poo 75% of the time. Birds can pretty much take "best player available" or (I hope) swing some trades to move around and collect picks.

Only thing I'm much concerned about is backup QB and an aging O-line but I sincerely doubt we're going QB this year and I know gently caress all about offensive linemen. I trust Howie and Doug.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pre-draft take:

I hate all non Cowboys teams in this division, as is customary, but I'm really just hoping Washington poops down their leg, then slips on said poop and faceplants throughout the draft. New York, Philly, do whatever, but I really need Snyder to pull further away with the "worst owner in sports" title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Shinjobi posted:

Pre-draft take:

I hate all non Cowboys teams in this division, as is customary, but I'm really just hoping Washington poops down their leg, then slips on said poop and faceplants throughout the draft. New York, Philly, do whatever, but I really need Snyder to pull further away with the "worst owner in sports" title.

They will.

They'll trade the farm to move up and get Daniel Jones with the 4th pick or some stupid poo poo. I'm glad WAshington is in Philly's division and can be counted on to gently caress up consistently and predictably.