Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure it was this thread that I posted that those things were a real life Maibatsu Monstrosity.

e: yup gently caress that awful thing

Nuevo posted:

Speaking of bloated, there's something about the Infiniti QX56 that just makes it look loving enormous.

As far as SUVs go, it's nothing out of the ordinary, but the curve of the hood or something makes it just look comically over large.

Every time I see one I feel like I need to re-badge it as a Maibatsu Monstrosity.

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

good grief

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Fuckin yikes

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
they call that headlight tint dragon eyes for a reason

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDfqwHck2Qg

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

You're in the right thread kid

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Let's be honest here, all that poo poo hasn't exactly made the Murano worse looking and that in itself is an incredible feat.

Thief posted:

they should have jailed gohsn the moment the juke went into production

:hfive:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
:psylon: ... Brother?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Goober Peas posted:

Yep. My understanding is they used a unique gear position switch inside the transmission to determine when the car was in reverse...instead of using the reverse lights in a feedback loop, a position switch on the shifter, or any other simple means of determining the car is in reverse like everyone else. Switch goes bad and instead of tearing down the center console to replace it, you have to remove and teardown the transmission.

This is a thing of beauty.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

opengl128 posted:

Matrix/Vibe have it too:

I drove an 07 matrix from stateboro to Atlanta last weekend and I actually love the shiftier placement. The mid 2000s civics had the shiftier on the dash like that as well.

You barely have to move your hand off the wheel to get to it. Why? Because sports car!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

64bit_Dophins posted:

I drove an 07 matrix from stateboro to Atlanta last weekend and I actually love the shiftier placement. The mid 2000s civics had the shiftier on the dash like that as well.

You barely have to move your hand off the wheel to get to it. Why? Because sports car!

You would love driving Mitsubishi (and Isuzu, I think) cab-overs then. It's nice when your hands on the wheel are in a direct line with the shifter, IMO.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

madeintaipei posted:

You would love driving Mitsubishi (and Isuzu, I think) cab-overs then. It's nice when your hands on the wheel are in a direct line with the shifter, IMO.

Oh nice! I just looked up a picture of the interior and it's exactly the same! I've always wanted to get one as a tow vehicle but I haven't really had the money.

One of these days...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

what?

why.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Twitter keeps serving me this ad despite my negative interest in both luxury SUVs and streetwear:

https://twitter.com/Lexus/status/1096531742570164224

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FBS posted:

Twitter keeps serving me this ad despite my negative interest in both luxury SUVs and streetwear:

I'd like to see someone rich enough buy those concept tires and drive it in the rain.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
someone in the eastern bloc is carving up a slick tire right now to look like this

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Are troops in the air force are doing the world a disservice by not ridiculing this guy until he removes this bullshit.

On second thought, it's probably a major's car or something.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 20, 2019

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

1) Too much money
2) Bad taste
3) Still gets the JC Whitney catalog delivered in the mail

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
First 2020 Gladiator is done

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
I cant tell if this is intentional or not.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's terrible. When the wheelbase of a JKU/JLU just isn't enough.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

FBS posted:

Nice as an object

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:chloe:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i dont hate it. why is it bad?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

My guess is the following:

Chrysler build quality
Short bed, not usable for very much
Probably lovely payload
Probably lovely towing capacity
Wheelbase longer than normal "Jeep Jeeps" such that its off roading capability is significantly reduced.

I didn't read the article though. I suppose there might be an announcement in there that Klan members get a discount on a brand new one or something.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's basically a Hummer

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

They wheelbase makes me think it'll fold like a crepe after it's seen a couple years in the rust belt.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

is that the cool pickup truck style jeep people were talking about a few years ago?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Thief posted:

is that the cool pickup truck style jeep people were talking about a few years ago?

Yes. The concepts looked pretty good

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah i remember it looking less like a hummer

replace the extra doors with a normal bed size and this thing would be a cute ute

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I don't like it because it's yet another vehicle with a bed on it that's loving useless.

I'd just get a Cherokee if I wanted to offroad with 4 doors I guess?

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Oh look Chrysler has copied the Explorer Sport

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

They had this turd at the Toronto auto show. It seemed popular with the Maple Leafs hat shirt and coat bros and their Uggs and sweatpants lady friends. Not one will leave a dealer lot without angry eyes being pre-installed. It somehow managed to look worse than that awful H3 pickup.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
There was also this Superbowl commercial that got some people pretty mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naq2yFTwA_c

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
People whine and moan about old cars being scrapped or repurposed but these are the same people who 1) don't understand how poor of shape the car was and 2) wouldn't put their money where their mouth is if given the opportunity.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

lmao gross

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

There was also this Superbowl commercial that got some people pretty mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naq2yFTwA_c

Taking a cool looking truck and crushing it into a Wrangler with a bed is in fact quite a terrible ad.
I'm sure the original J truck they crushed was pretty gutted and pieced together to look complete, so its not a real world loss.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
It looks like one of those 80/100 series LandCruisers that has been converted to a double cab 'pickup'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

wesleywillis posted:

My guess is the following:

Chrysler build quality
Short bed, not usable for very much
Probably lovely payload
Probably lovely towing capacity
Wheelbase longer than normal "Jeep Jeeps" such that its off roading capability is significantly reduced.

I didn't read the article though. I suppose there might be an announcement in there that Klan members get a discount on a brand new one or something.

2020 USDM cars are dead it's trucks trucks TRUCKS. Jason's still gonna use it as his commuter car 95% of the time so none of the details up top actually matter. It's just gotta be tall and have big ol tires and a tailgate and of course four doors because Caylynn's car seat is gonna go in the back and Jenny doesn't want to be seen driving a mom-bomb CUV.