Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Spedman posted:

I wonder how many amphibians/insects/mushrooms she's murdered to get these:
http://iso.500px.com/the-magical-macro-worlds-of-500px-photographer-wil-mijer/

I refuse to believe that this person actually photographed the original image here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
That frog definitely looks like it was edited in to me.

If not, it was definitely placed there. There's no way it could get up there by itself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Frog is 100% photoshopped in. It has a completely different light source.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
I mean people do do bad composites using original photos they've taken, mainly photoshopping the moon back into the images.

But I doubt the person that made these images photographed any part of it, the mushrooms are very well taken.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

xzzy posted:

Frog is 100% photoshopped in. It has a completely different light source.

Yep, I see that now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

These are always the types of "digital art" (because dammit they're not photos anymore :argh: ) that always win the local lab's monthly photo contest and I die a little inside each time it happens

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You're just mad you aren't willing to make kitsch junk to make a buck and stubbornly cling to your ~*artistic integrity*~.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
What if my work is already junk? People pay for that?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

jarlywarly posted:

I mean people do do bad composites using original photos they've taken, mainly photoshopping the moon back into the images.

But I doubt the person that made these images photographed any part of it, the mushrooms are very well taken.

To me the frustrating thing about the mushroom and frog image is that the badly added frog really detracts from the image. It's just so jarring, and as you mentioned the mushrooms by themselves are a great image.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Blackhawk posted:

To me the frustrating thing about the mushroom and frog image is that the badly added frog really detracts from the image. It's just so jarring, and as you mentioned the mushrooms by themselves are a great image.

There is no way someone took that wonderfully composed, exposed and well lit mushroom photo and that decent frog photo with the intention of smashing them together with all the grace of a toddler smashing a breadstick into a plastic plate, and if they did their aesthetic sense has bi-polar.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Those Morrowind dungeons with the alchemy equipment and random furniture assets

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Self-quoting to point out my favourite part (other than the fact that the artist managed to blow out their pinks) since no-one has mentioned it yet: the "My Personal Explore" in the account name

e: also the description on the flickr page:

howard1916 - My Personal 'Explore' posted:

Colours never to be seen captured again?

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 7, 2019

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

The Prime Minister of Ireland Visits the White House by The White House, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Holy poo poo. This is downright subversive.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
We will look back after many years and realize the pure talent we are witnessing and be in awe that we did not recognize it.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Do one where the fountain spray is tubgirl except dyed green

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I was searching for high key flower photography, and google turned up this masterpiece
http://glamourphotography.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Andy-Amyx-Flower-689x1024.jpg :nws:

from https://glamourphotography.co/portfolio/flower-themed-art-nudes-by-photographer-andy-amyx-of-sacramento-ca/

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

That's some... unfortunate selective color.
Red would have been worse, I admit.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Cool interpretation of tubgirl imo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

Cool interpretation of tubgirl imo

Turn your selfie mode off!

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Do any of y’all have friends/family who say “oh wow beautiful photos you should sell prints”?

I do and I hate the adulation because I know my stuff is middling, at best. But then I see things like this, which make me doubt my self loathing:

From: https://www.facebook.com/344060799761184/posts/379112326256031

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I could never shoot a wedding because even though I would never publish a photo that bad, I know I am bad enough that 99% of my photos would have to be discarded.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

xzzy posted:

I could never shoot a wedding because even though I would never publish a photo that bad, I know I am bad enough that 99% of my photos would have to be discarded.

You'll never rise to the rank of Official White House Photographer with talk like that. Remember: "Aim High"

President Trump Boards Air Force One by The White House, on Flickr

President Trump Boards Air Force One by The White House, on Flickr

Compare those to the kinds of shots we were getting less than four years ago:
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2015/04/13/behind-lens-somewhere-under-rainbow

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/620060895209779200?s=21

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As a forum, we should book a 1 hour photography lecture by whoever the White House photographer is right now (I believe it's multiple people? They've all managed to nail the 'not good photo' style very well at least), just so we can sit there, and eat popcorn.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

This is great because it draws my eye away from the president.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Someone swap out the sky with a supercell.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I think it's a great commentary on him being a white supremacist tbh. He's waving towards the side with the completely blown out highlight rather than the one with a hint of dark color in the cloud.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

This is great because it draws my eye away from the president.

Given how the perspective makes him look tiny, I'm surprised he signed off on that one being released.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Hello Spaceman posted:

Do any of y’all have friends/family who say “oh wow beautiful photos you should sell prints”?

I do and I hate the adulation because I know my stuff is middling, at best. But then I see things like this, which make me doubt my self loathing:

From: https://www.facebook.com/344060799761184/posts/379112326256031

I have a friend who asked if I could shoot her wedding. Hard no. I told them, a, I'm not equipped for it, b, I'm not experienced at it, and c, even though they like my photos, look at the subjects...animals, kids, landscapes.

But, drat, I could do that poo poo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

torgeaux posted:

I have a friend who asked if I could shoot her wedding. Hard no. I told them, a, I'm not equipped for it, b, I'm not experienced at it, and c, even though they like my photos, look at the subjects...animals, kids, landscapes.

THEM: WTF?!? YOU MISSED THE FIRST KISS!!!!
YOU: Sure, but you're missing the bigger picture. Look how beautiful that hill looks in the background...

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Doggles posted:

Compare those to the kinds of shots we were getting less than four years ago:
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2015/04/13/behind-lens-somewhere-under-rainbow

quote:

:allears:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wow who's the scrub that crushed those blacks, the trump photographers never do that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

xzzy posted:

wow who's the scrub that crushed those blacks, the trump photographers never do that.

No, they leave that to the White House administration.

You set em up, I knock em down etc.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

EL BROMANCE posted:

No, they leave that to the White House administration.

You set em up, I knock em down etc.

:eyepop:

I saw it coming, but it was still masterfully executed.
Unlike any of the photos in this thread.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
from the brexit thread
A speed graflex in one hand, an enfield in the other, that’s how the British defeated the nazis!

aricoarena fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 22, 2019

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
the best photos are made with the light of v2 rocket explosions

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

the best photos are made with the light of v2 rocket explosions

Gravity’s Speedlight

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

President Beep posted:

Gravity’s Speedlight

'oh, poo poo had the wrong lens on, can we do that again?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

I suck at photography so I shouldn't throw stones really.. but..

https://twitter.com/TSSteinbacher/status/1111677283297886208?s=19