Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

nah, he literally does not care, except *pretending* to care gets him a ridiculous number of subscribers

There's a non-zero chance he'll crater in followers as the gap widens because people will realize they don't actually give a gently caress about him or his content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Reminder pdp lost on a disney deal because he couldnt keep himself from saying the n word (or because he paid people to do the nazi salute, not sure which it was)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Kurtofan posted:

Reminder pdp lost on a disney deal because he couldnt keep himself from saying the n word (or because he paid people to do the nazi salute, not sure which it was)

Paid some poor Indian dudes to hold up a sign saying "kill all the jews", or words to that effect.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Someone who I used to consider a friend got really uppity last week with me and claimed that the whole pdp "death to all jews" fiverr thing was just a "joke" that was "taken out of context."

Then when I told him that there's not really ever a good context for that phrase he told me I must hate the movie the producers too, because "they are both jokes about nazis."

We aren't friends anymore.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Tell me more about context guy who thinks racist eurotrash making killing jews jokes is actually the same as mel brooks making "Nazis are stupid" jokes

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
lotta people telling me I’m hosed up for holding a sandwich above a legless homeless dude until he says the n-word on camera, haven’t you guys heard of comedy?

speaking of which the dude who did bumfights is now an anarchist doing a little bit more substantial public performance art

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Killjoy posted:

lotta people telling me I’m hosed up for holding a sandwich above a legless homeless dude until he says the n-word on camera, haven’t you guys heard of comedy?

speaking of which the dude who did bumfights is now an anarchist doing a little bit more substantial public performance art

Grifters gonna grift is all I'm hearing.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Tell me more about context guy who thinks racist eurotrash making killing jews jokes is actually the same as mel brooks making "Nazis are stupid" jokes

He lives with his parents in one of the most right wing trumped out corners of the state and considers himself "center-left" but has in fact always leaned pretty hard towards fascist modes of thinking. I knew it for a few years prior to this but our other friends tried to ignore it. In the back of my head I always figured that once I got to hear his true feelings and whatnot on a lot of this stuff I'd never be able to unhear them.

I was right on the money.

E: he also told me I'm his closest friend and he cherishes our friendship. Just not as much as his friendship with a fascist, nazi enabling YouTube streamer I guess.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/jason_a_w/status/1108825902354305024

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Minecraft got popular right in the midst of the indie gaming boom of the 2010s. That is not to say Notch made zero contributions on his own, considering he made the decision to switch Infiniminer's competitive play to cooperative unstructured play. But he did not do it alone. There was C418's music, and the contribution of the modders, and even Youtube just as it was taking off. And Mojang, where other people could do things he could not (like not be a total flake, maintain systems, organize people).

And then he got bought out, and Notch found himself with more money than a human can use in a lifetime. But having this much undeserved wealth can be a noose, and this thing severed all of his connections with other human beings. He could publically admit that he got lucky, and that he would never hit a jackpot once again, but that would beg the question as to why he deserves that much wealth, and why his collaborators did not. So this economic system has trapped him in a sort of hell, that he is incapable of escaping from.
The most grotesque thing about it is that he could have given almost $5 Million to ever Mojang employee at the time of the buyout and still come out of the deal a billionaire.

Former DILF posted:

Makes me wonder if they’re feds
They're feds.

edit: that last bit was mathematically incorrect.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

next time some weaksauce bitchmade liberal starts telling you all life is precious, rub their face in a picture of notch

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Not to mention the producers thought that joking about Nazis was so vile and unfunny that they were guaranteed to fail, which of course was their plan

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/EJGibney/status/1108761518152318977

No real surprises in here but the fact that Breitbart commenters start trying to get 'clever' when they think they're being moderated for being too racist is something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ChristinaSFLaw/status/1108837154786930688

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
baked alaska is calling the alt right a dangerous cult now and the comments are pretty funny lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo1teqiuBs

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

baked alaska is calling the alt right a dangerous cult now and the comments are pretty funny lol

lool, he's stuck between trying to grift left and grift yang gang because no one wants him and he's not getting traction.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

Did he forget he is also a nazi?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
someone c/p the comments I don't want to have youtube trying to turn me into a Nazi for the rest of time.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

someone c/p the comments I don't want to have youtube trying to turn me into a Nazi for the rest of time.

Just use an incognito window

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1108560770206306304?s=20

Oh no I sure hope Fraser Anning doesn't die of salmonellosis

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

spaceblancmange posted:

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1108560770206306304?s=20

Oh no I sure hope Fraser Anning doesn't die of salmonellosis

Don't worry, the line of succession is strong

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lmao I love how these chuds are so loving vile to everyone including eachother. Literally all of them making GBS threads on Baked Alaska, calling him a cuck, etc.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Elderbean posted:

Lmao I love how these chuds are so loving vile to everyone including eachother. Literally all of them making GBS threads on Baked Alaska, calling him a cuck, etc.

How could your forget the charming load of antisemitism wafting from the comments as well

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1108711388288040960

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Yeah, this is the good poo poo.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

gently caress yes

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Someone who I used to consider a friend got really uppity last week with me and claimed that the whole pdp "death to all jews" fiverr thing was just a "joke" that was "taken out of context."

Then when I told him that there's not really ever a good context for that phrase he told me I must hate the movie the producers too, because "they are both jokes about nazis."

We aren't friends anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62cPPSyoQkE

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There we go.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i missed this but morris dees was finally ousted from the SPLC:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-reckoning-of-morris-dees-and-the-southern-poverty-law-center

quote:

In the decade or so before I’d arrived, the center’s reputation as a beacon of justice had taken some hits from reporters who’d peered behind the façade. In 1995, the Montgomery Advertiser had been a Pulitzer finalist for a series that documented, among other things, staffers’ allegations of racial discrimination within the organization. In Harper’s, Ken Silverstein had revealed that the center had accumulated an endowment topping a hundred and twenty million dollars while paying lavish salaries to its highest-ranking staffers and spending far less than most nonprofit groups on the work that it claimed to do. The great Southern journalist John Egerton, writing for The Progressive, had painted a damning portrait of Dees, the center’s longtime mastermind, as a “super-salesman and master fundraiser” who viewed civil-rights work mainly as a marketing tool for bilking gullible Northern liberals. “We just run our business like a business,” Dees told Egerton. “Whether you’re selling cakes or causes, it’s all the same.”

Co-workers stealthily passed along these articles to me—it was a rite of passage for new staffers, a cautionary heads-up about what we’d stepped into with our noble intentions. Incoming female staffers were additionally warned by their new colleagues about Dees’s reputation for hitting on young women. And the unchecked power of the lavishly compensated white men at the top of the organization—Dees and the center’s president, Richard Cohen—made staffers pessimistic that any of these issues would ever be addressed. “I expected there’d be a lot of creative bickering, a sort of democratic free-for-all,” my friend Brian, a journalist who came aboard a year after me, said one day. “But everybody is so deferential to Morris and Richard. It’s like a loving monarchy around here.” The work could be meaningful and gratifying. But it was hard, for many of us, not to feel like we’d become pawns in what was, in many respects, a highly profitable scam.

For the many former staffers who have come and gone through the center’s doors—I left in 2004—the queasy feelings came rushing back last week, when the news broke that Dees, now eighty-two, had been fired. The official statement sent by Cohen, who took control of the S.P.L.C. in 2003, didn’t specify why Dees had been dismissed, but it contained some broad hints. “We’re committed to ensuring that our workplace embodies the values we espouse—truth, justice, equity, and inclusion,” Cohen wrote. “When one of our own fails to meet those standards, no matter his or her role in the organization, we take it seriously and must take appropriate action.” Dees’s profile was immediately erased from the S.P.L.C.’s Web site—amazing, considering that he had remained, to the end, the main face and voice of the center, his signature on most of the direct-mail appeals that didn’t come from celebrity supporters, such as the author Toni Morrison.

quote:

hese days, whenever I tell people in New York or Washington, D.C., that I used to work at the Southern Poverty Law Center, their eyes tend to light up. “Oh, wow, what was that like?” they’ll ask. Sometimes, depending on my mood, I’ll regale them with stories about the reporting I did there—exposing anti-immigration extremists on the Arizona-Mexico border, tracking down a wave of anti-transgender hate crimes, writing a comprehensive history of the religious right’s war on gays. But then, considering whether to explain what an unsettling experience it could be, I’ll add, “It’s complicated, though,” and try to change the subject.

For those of us who’ve worked in the Poverty Palace, putting it all into perspective isn’t easy, even to ourselves. We were working with a group of dedicated and talented people, fighting all kinds of good fights, making life miserable for the bad guys. And yet, all the time, dark shadows hung over everything: the racial and gender disparities, the whispers about sexual harassment, the abuses that stemmed from the top-down management, and the guilt you couldn’t help feeling about the legions of donors who believed that their money was being used, faithfully and well, to do the Lord’s work in the heart of Dixie. We were part of the con, and we knew it.

Outside of work, we spent a lot of time drinking and dishing in Montgomery bars and restaurants about the oppressive security regime, the hyperbolic fund-raising appeals, and the fact that, though the center claimed to be effective in fighting extremism, “hate” always continued to be on the rise, more dangerous than ever, with each year’s report on hate groups. “The S.P.L.C.—making hate pay,” we’d say.

It wasn’t funny then. At this moment, it seems even grimmer. The firing of Dees has flushed up all the uncomfortable questions again. Were we complicit, by taking our paychecks and staying silent, in ripping off donors on behalf of an organization that never lived up to the values it espoused? Did we enable racial discrimination and sexual harassment by failing to speak out? “Of course we did,” a former colleague told me, as we parsed the news over the phone. “It’s shameful, but when you’re there you kind of end up accepting things. I never even considered speaking out when things happened to me! It doesn’t feel good to recognize that. I was so into the work, and so motivated by it, I kind of shrugged off what was going on.” A couple of days later, she texted me: “I’m having SPLC nightmares.” Aren’t we all, I thought.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Did Baked Alaska finally leave the alt right movement or the new grift like IMC? He just put out a video about NZ and how it related to his experience then he still quotes subscribe to PDP at the end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

like i said earlier, this seems like a really loving dumb move on josh's part.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It would be awesome if Kiwifarms got shut down or at least somehow inconvenienced over this

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jewel Repetition posted:

It would be awesome if Kiwifarms got shut down or at least somehow inconvenienced over this

Telling the NZ police to go gently caress themselves in the clearest way possible is an invitation for the FBI to land on them with both feet.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
they'll have to find whatever disgusting motel the owner is currently living out of first

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is he the guy who got kicked out by his mom

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Might be of interest to some:

https://twitter.com/Faradayspeaks/status/1108904248174149638

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

whoops it turns out the nazis weren't joking after all who could have imagined

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

is he the guy who got kicked out by his mom

lol yes because he wouldnt shut down kiwifarms after one of his victims counterdoxxed his family.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Good vid, needs a signal boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Pro click. If you got half an hour to watch it do so.