Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
so no-one has any views on the FT article that May has decided on no deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Damned mostly english government of the state comprised of 85% english people.

In a union that is supposedly equal

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, Starmer's a bureaucrat, not a leader. He's doing a great job, but reward him according to his skillset.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Does Vegas have odds on if there is going to be a hard Brexit?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

JFairfax posted:

she's bloody mental who can tell what the devil she's actually thinking

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
https://twitter.com/MrTimPoole1/status/1108831624785911808

:iceburn:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Ash Crimson posted:

In a union that is supposedly equal

sounds like you're mad that James I/IV liked england more than scotland but ok

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

TIL. I honestly thought she got to vote.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
re: starmer chat

don't trust anyone who's knighted tbh, the only thing to trust less is someone with a peerage.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Azza Bamboo posted:

TIL. I honestly thought she got to vote.

You say that like she wouldn't have voted for all options simultaneously somehow

For her politics is like those GBS polls where it's multiple choice and one of the choices is Goku

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

re: starmer chat

don't trust anyone who's knighted tbh, the only thing to trust less is someone with a peerage.

i trust david attenborough with my life and my very soul, actually

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

JFairfax posted:

it was really obvious when she made an offer she'd just been told was in no way legally acceptable, but also nobody gives a gently caress what theresa may thinks or wants

her deciding on no deal might mean nothing, it might mean our chances got better. It definitely doesn't mean we're on for no deal

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

V. Illych L. posted:

he's probably a massive racist

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

V. Illych L. posted:

going to be very sad when all the newspapers get the right to legally say anything about him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Keir is just a guy who's at least smart enough to know the world won't go back to 1997 and that the 2012 Olympics didn't mean that much.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

JFairfax posted:

he's probably a massive racist

he is a massive racist

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spangly A posted:

it was really obvious when she made an offer she'd just been told was in no way legally acceptable, but also nobody gives a gently caress what theresa may thinks or wants

her deciding on no deal might mean nothing, it might mean our chances got better. It definitely doesn't mean we're on for no deal

yeah, she loves to make an offer that is already ruled out.

people might not give a gently caress, but what she thinks and wants is unfortunately important.

I hope you're right, the problem is if there are enough members of the Tory party who also want no deal to just run down the clock.

Personally I think it is utterly insane that the Prime Minister can consider and decide to (to steal a line I read today) enforce sanctions on their own country.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Attenborough is one of those "the planet's overpopulated so black people have to stop having kids" eugenicists I'm afraid.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
also loving lol if mcdonnell ever becomes a leader the "he's a stalinist" rhetoric would loving skyrocket

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

V. Illych L. posted:

He attended Thatcher's funeral, apparently not to piss.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nuclear Spoon posted:

also loving lol if mcdonnell ever becomes a leader the "he's a stalinist" rhetoric would loving skyrocket

OTOH he might actually do a stalin so it could be worth it???

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gonzo McFee posted:

Keir is just a guy who's at least smart enough to know the world won't go back to 1997 and that the 2012 Olympics didn't mean that much.

the massive wankery over the 2012 olympics is loving incredible, i just don't get it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Nuclear Spoon posted:

yeah one of corbyn's big strengths is that he seems to be a remarkably nice chap, and incredibly english in a way which makes it hard to actually make that sort of stuff stick to him

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

JFairfax posted:

yeah, she loves to make an offer that is already ruled out.

people might not give a gently caress, but what she thinks and wants is unfortunately important.

I hope you're right, the problem is if there are enough members of the Tory party who also want no deal to just run down the clock.

Personally I think it is utterly insane that the Prime Minister can consider and decide to (to steal a line I read today) enforce sanctions on their own country.

No Deal has been kicked repeatedly before it was even crunch time, before May tried to get MPs lynched, before the EU considered handing the tory party a way to gently caress her up

I don't know if Starmer has any plans to ratfuck may for letting the mask slip but she doesn't have the support of the army and the police loathe her, it was a hilarious own goal

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

the massive wankery over the 2012 olympics is loving incredible, i just don't get it

literally everyone expected it to go to poo poo because this country is a hell island of poo poo and piss and it went ok so that means it was literally our blitz.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Oh dear me posted:

the tory is the most dangerous animal on earth

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
It seems like the EU has completely taken May out of the equation. She refused to provide an answer on what would happen if her dogshit deal was voted down again and I think they are at this point just devising the best way to get a decision between leaving with no deal or remaining as quickly as possible.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

literally everyone expected it to go to poo poo because this country is a hell island of poo poo and piss and it went ok so that means it was literally our blitz.

oh yeah you guys won like a ton of medals or something.... what a waste of loving money If I dare say

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Oh dear me posted:

he was just shooting a documentary come on

e. oh gently caress you you frog bastard

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

V. Illych L. posted:

he was just shooting a documentary come on

e. oh gently caress you you frog bastard

yes gently caress me

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
to be fair it sounds like D. Attenbrough was decent back in the day:

https://inews.co.uk/news/david-attenborough-fought-to-put-transgender-people-on-tv-45-years-ago-secret-bbc-memo-reveals/

and he also had about the first program featuring trans people:

One episode, rescued from the archives and made available online by BBC History, along with Attenborough’s letter, handed editorial control to the “Transex Liberation Group.” The programme, featuring trans women, began: “Jokes about ‘the operation’ are all that most people know about transexualism. Tonight’s group discuss their situation in a more serious and comprehensive way, and draw attention to the many difficulties they endure”. It is regarded as the first UK TV programme to depict the trans community sympathetically, rather than a “problem” to be solved.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Nuclear Spoon posted:

They've already been at 100% stalinist rhetoric for the past decade

Kurtofan posted:

oh yeah you guys won like a ton of medals or something.... what a waste of loving money If I dare say

The secret is to slash and burn the sports educations of the average child so you can concentrate all that money on nationalist dickwaving contests so you can be a big deal in the Olympics while the average person swells up like a balloon

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i am just now imagining the whiplash of going from years of "jeremy corbyn wants to leave the EU" discourse to "the EU conspired to illegally depose theresa may and replace her with jeremy corbyn" conspiracies

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i can't wait for the olympics to come to paris and its le pen or turbo jupiter in place

i hope paris has become a new commune by then and we tell the ioc to gently caress off

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CoolCab posted:

oh but the rules poo poo is great though, i love game design and development and it was a loving masterpiece. not perfect, but if we were going to throw out revolutionary systems of class equality and working collectively towards a utopian ideal simply because the existing models were too complex and as such failed we would be posting in a very different thread.

similarly, 4e as a system was clearly designed to be automated, and that evidently would have been the optimal solution to the complexity problem. had they put out a for-purpose client that did the work for you tied to your ddi subscription they'd have eaten roll20s lunch. alas.

100% agreed

its just when people ask me to DM and make some chars for them I go to Orcpub and have them all bashed out in 20 minutes
i tried to do a 4e darksun party and it involved cracking the partially defunct (you cannot access it directly but you can pay for it via a special url....) wizards character builder and the complexity of a single character was way beyond a 5e party in orcpub

mind you 5e is apallingly balanced and every caster feels the same and like you say they threw it away for.... what? they didnt add any roleplay mechanics or anything and its still quite a bad "game". i feel like they got really excited about the dice mechanics behind advantage, battlemaster expertise dice and sneak attack dice and then realised too late those were their only ideas

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

"Oh look, it's his signed copy" will replace the introduction and credits for every TV and radio show in great britain and he'll depress the labour vote by never being able to match the hype

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
the guarding liveblog hasn't updated in almost an hour i'm getting the shakes here

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
have the fubpees gotten to the stage of blaming the EU for not stopping brexit yet

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

It was a big display of pageantry and theatre at a time when tory policy was really hitting home and starting to cause real pain. It's a celebration of a time when the Bread and Circuses worked and they didn't have to be horrified that the vast majority want them gone.

It was also a time when twitter was still in it's infancy and every opportunistic thing they said didn't immediately have someone showing how they're hypocrites or getting owned by a 19 year old in Liverpool called StalinBitch420.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gonzo McFee posted:

It was a big display of pageantry and theatre at a time when tory policy was really hitting home and starting to cause real pain. It's a celebration of a time when the Bread and Circuses worked and they didn't have to be horrified that the vast majority want them gone.

It was also a time when twitter was still in it's infancy and every opportunistic thing they said didn't immediately have someone showing how they're hypocrites or getting owned by a 19 year old in Liverpool called StalinBitch420.

Danny Boyle's opening ceremony was alright as well