Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
when do they start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

InterrupterJones posted:

Zen fetches will be in Modern Horizons. Trust me. My uncle works at Wizards.
Can't be, they said no current modern cards were in it.

It's gonna be Mirage fetches.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

April 1st, I think.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
When's the double standard invi thing anyway? I hope all the non-mpl invitees do well!

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

When's the double standard invi thing anyway? I hope all the non-mpl invitees do well!

One week from today.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Rinkles posted:

when do they start?

There will be a live stream of the WAR PAX panel on the 31st

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1107718316943175693?s=21

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

InterrupterJones posted:

Zen fetches will be in Modern Horizons. Trust me. My uncle works at Wizards.

those already exist in modern though

maybe we'll get Bad River and friends

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

number one pta fan posted:

so drat thirsty for spoilers

aeris dies

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Man, I dug out my ancient-rear end attempt at a cube and decided to scan them in using one of those apps to see if I can make a start at keeping digital track of what all I have, and Holy moly some cards have gotten expensive. Half of this stuff I don't even remember how I got it.

Kind of a bummer in a way since I don't want to sell em but also don't want to be stressed about damaging stuff when I play. Still, funny to have left myself a neat nest egg in a way.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Yawgmoth posted:

Can't be, they said no current modern cards were in it.

It's gonna be Mirage fetches.

I'd be cool with the Mirage fetches, along with 5 new enemy color ones to complete the cycle.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

If they don't do a new land cycle in Horizons, the ones that they can reprint are pretty mediocre.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cactrot posted:

If they don't do a new land cycle in Horizons, the ones that they can reprint are pretty mediocre.

Give me Cephalid Coliseum, Barbarian Ring, the Odyssey duals, Mishra's Factory, Phyrexian Tower, and Wirewood Lodge.

Hell, if you just want cycles, give me the Odyssey duals, the eggs lands, and the Tainteds.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

My prediction for lands in MOH are:

-The Mirage slow fetches +5 new enemy colored slow fetches, printed at Common.

-Mishra's Factory, Ash Barrens and Crystal Vein, printed at Uncommon.

-Cabal Coffers, Tarnished Citadel, Temple of the False God and Archaeological Dig, printed at Rare.

-Karakas, Rishadan Port and Wasteland at Mythic.

What would be really cool:

-the Tainted * cycle, plus new lands in that vein for the other 4 basic land types.

-the Planeshift Dragon's Lairs, plus the 5 other combinations to complete the cycle and no, the Tarkir tri-lands don't count and you know it :mad:

Knowing WoTC, we're probably just going to get the Invasion sac lands, Fallen Empires sac lands and Rishadan Port as the box topper

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Cactrot posted:

They can just finish cycles we only have half of.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mossyfisk posted:

They can just finish cycles we only have half of.

Give me all those Future Sight cycles.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Toshimo posted:

This

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Mirage slow fetches will be printed in a future Standard set so that Arena Modern has fetch-like mana fixing, but without the speed that regular fetchlands offer.

Toshimo posted:

Actually this, though any Ux Horizon Canopy analogue is going to be hella good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

C-Euro posted:

Actually this, though any Ux Horizon Canopy analogue is going to be hella good.

I'd argue that R/x is probably better.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cactrot posted:

I guess there needs to be a land cycle for fixing in limited, but y probably don't want them to actually see constructed play. New taplands under new names just to not be reprints of existing modern cards?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Toshimo posted:

I'd argue that R/x is probably better.

That too, yeah. Actually a Ux Grove of the Burnwillows would be strong in control too.
River of Tears is a really interesting one to me but I feel like it would have some annoying memory issues in paper.
I guess come on down Nimbus Maze?

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
I hope for some new type of fetch-thing like either

{T}, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice LAND: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an Island or Swamp card, put it onto the battlefield, then put all revealed cards at the bottom of your library in a random order.

or

{T}, Sacrifice LAND: Search your library for an Island card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Each opponent gains 1 life.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
They should bring back the storage lands because I'm sure there's some dumbshit thing you could do with them and proliferate. I don't know what exactly, but I wanna see someone try.

edit: I mean the fallen empire or mercadian masques cycle, or maybe a City of Shadows type thing, not the really awful ones from time spiral.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 21, 2019

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

They should bring back the storage lands because I'm sure there's some dumbshit thing you could do with them and proliferate. I don't know what exactly, but I wanna see someone try.

edit: I mean the fallen empire or mercadian masques cycle, or maybe a City of Shadows type thing, not the really awful ones from time spiral.

I don't think there's a card that dumb baby Magic playing me loved as much as those stupid fuckin Masques storage lands.

Maybe Killer Bees.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Depletion counter lands. Burn modern to the ground.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Sickening posted:

Wotc, can you print a hexproof 1/1 for u please? Thx

0/1 hexproof with flying for u.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Stay safe out there, y'all.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/jacksonville-man-accused-of-threatening-local-magic-the-gathering-players/930658365

quote:

The JSO report on Ginder’s arrest said he posted a video on Facebook waving a short barrel shotgun and threatening several fellow gamers by name.

I don't know what format this dude was mad about, but I'm presuming it was one that has infect.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

araeris posted:

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/jacksonville-man-accused-of-threatening-local-magic-the-gathering-players/930658365

I don't know what format this dude was mad about, but I'm presuming it was one that has infect.

Nobody told him they were rare redrafting until round three was over.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Cactrot posted:

Nobody told him they were rare redrafting until round three was over.

Nah a guy like this knew they were rare redrafting and found out someone was planning to drop with the Hydroid Krasis they opened.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

araeris posted:

There is no way the format wasn’t EDH.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Yawgmoth posted:

Eh... what? The Time Spiral ones were the actually playable ones!?!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Buffis posted:

{T}, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice LAND: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an Island or Swamp card, put it onto the battlefield, then put all revealed cards at the bottom of your library in a random order.

I kind of like this design even though I think they would be bad since you don't control which land type you hit. Revealing part of your deck is also an interesting drawback, at least in the first few turns. Maybe let the player choose between two land types?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Toshimo posted:

Eh... what? The Time Spiral ones were the actually playable ones!?!

i also appreciate how they don't even want the good cycle from Masques

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Has anybody said the one mana cycling lands yet? Would those even be good enough?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I could see them putting in the one mana cycling lands at common just as part of a cycling / madness limited archetype or something.

Maybe we'll get Astral Slide in modern!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Has anybody said the one mana cycling lands yet? Would those even be good enough?

No and no.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the best land ever made is calciform pools

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

I want to see mono color fetches with "if this land would ETB tapped, untap it"

It would be a wild ride and make certain legacy archetypes wildly more accessible without loving with the BS "spirit" of the reserve list at all.

I also would love a Modern legal "Leyline of Will" 3UU Enchantment; Sac and Exile a Blue card from hand to counter target spell. Seems like the exact right power level for a modern Force of Will. Probably wouldn't even see play but it would at least be kinda neat.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Congratulations on designing Pact Of Negation.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

mossyfisk posted:

Congratulations on designing Pact Of Negation.

No. Leyline start in play without Mana costs if they're in you're opening hand. Nice try though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm glad I picked one up a few months back on a whim. :v:

Also, the first thing WOTC needs to do is finish those typed cycling and tango land cycles.