Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

SpaceAceJase posted:

You guys are complaining about DRM-free installers now?

Gonna send these posts back in time to Steam circa 2004.

are you drunk and seeing multiple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Coolguye posted:

are you drunk and seeing multiple

Rirse posted:

No Steam key, just a downloader. :smith:

Are you?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yes, that would be one person. can you find two?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Coolguye posted:

yes, that would be one person. can you find two?
It's me. I'm also annoyed that I can't just add the game to steam, because I'm definitely going to forget about it.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Its not bitching so much as we have just gotten used to being able to mark it and just download and play it later when we have time. Humble can sometimes be time limited. There are a couple games they gave out that I didn't get in time and cannot access now.
It just says "The key for this product has expired".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Morrowind is free today (March 25th) for the Elder Scrolls 25th Anniversary if you have/create a Bethesda account. Redeems through the Bethesda launcher.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

njsykora posted:

Morrowind is free today (March 25th) for the Elder Scrolls 25th Anniversary if you have/create a Bethesda account. Redeems through the Bethesda launcher.

FYI according to Twitter no one has been able to redeem there Morrowind code all day. If I were a more cynical man I might say this was just a gambit to get people to sign up for their launcher to pad their numbers.

Bethesda. Bethesda never changes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

FYI according to Twitter no one has been able to redeem there Morrowind code all day. If I were a more cynical man I might say this was just a gambit to get people to sign up for their launcher to pad their numbers.

I got mine done, but once the Americans woke up it does look like the website got absolutely loving battered. Also this is totally to get people to sign up for their launcher, that's what giveaways like this are for.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Of course it's a ploy to get people to sign up for their launcher, they would rather however much money Valve got from Skyrim went to them for Elder Scrolls 6. It's why Epic has been doing free games. The difference is that you can actually download the games from Epic.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Since this is happening alongside Id announcing that their next slate of games are all being released on steam, I think it's more desperate than it appears on the surface.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was going to ask if it gives a Steam key. Very meh otherwise.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Surviavlist on indiegala.
Its downlaodable but only like 200mb, under library>showcase library.

https://freebies.indiegala.com/survivalist/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

man like half of my friends list seems to have gotten some real time out of survivalist but i just can't do it, the game looks like late 90s claymation and feels about as janky

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Assassin Creed Unity (Uplay)

It being given away for free so people can see Notre Dame for themselves after the fire.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rirse posted:

It being given away for free so people can see Notre Dame for themselves after the fire.
Turns out that Uplay is one of those genius services that require you to provide your payment info in order to "buy" a free game.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Rirse posted:

I know this is a PR stunt, and have no idea of how faithful (or useful) the representation is, but it's a nice gesture.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Xander77 posted:

Turns out that Uplay is one of those genius services that require you to provide your payment info in order to "buy" a free game.

Use the website to get it, that just required a login.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

Just select Paypal, it doesn't prompt you to login.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Xander77 posted:

I can, with 100% certainty, state that I never entered any payment info into the Uplay client and it let me add it to my library from there without any hassle. It's located in the Free games part of your library, from where you can bind it to your normal library.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Xander77 posted:

Try this link:
https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway

I got the game through that. Uplay's website is slow as all gently caress to me

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Negrostrike posted:

Try this link:
https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway

I got the game through that. Uplay's website is slow as all gently caress to me

It took two tries, the first one giving me a 504 error.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You can also just open Uplay and click the big Assassin's Creed Unity banner and not have to input any personal info.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played AC Unity on PS4 and it was the only PS4 game I've ever played that didn't support rest mode. The application would close if you put the PS4 in rest mode

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

I know this is a PR stunt, and have no idea of how faithful (or useful) the representation is, but it's a nice gesture.

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/04/16/assassins-creed-unity-notre-dame/

Apparently pretty accurate, one modeler spent almost two years of work on just that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Despite being a janky Ubisoft mess it's a very good-looking game with a very well-realized recreation of Paris

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/transistor/home

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Uplay is loving garbage can’t even reset my password in 2019 lol

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Uplay is loving garbage can’t even reset my password in 2019 lol

I had to create a support ticket because of this, and it took days for them to even respond with an email. I realized then I don't give a poo poo and didn't even read it. Uplay is irredeemable trash.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah I couldn't get the claim to work. Oh well.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Gone Home is free on Humble Bundle until 5/3.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Geemer posted:

Gone Home is free on Humble Bundle until 5/3.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Looks like you have to be subscribed to Humble Monthly to get it, though, unless I missed something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah similar to most of their giveaways. it's just an email though so if you are concerned about it simply use a burner. you get steam keys out of it so you don't have to do any weird data linking.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Eh! Frank posted:

Looks like you have to be subscribed to Humble Monthly to get it, though, unless I missed something.

You don't need Humble Monthly, just a regular old Humble bundle account. It's offered as a direct download, not a Steam key.
Click the one that says FREE UNTIL 5/3.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Note that this game (Gone Home) in particular is not a steam key though, it's a DRM-free download.

E:F;B

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh good call. my bad, i made the mistake of presuming it was like the last half dozen free games I got off humble.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Age of Wonders III free to own for the next 48 hours.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Aerdan posted:

Age of Wonders III free to own for the next 48 hours.

Humble Newsletter, well that's my weekend sorted.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Divide By Sheep and Fearless Fantasy are free to keep if you add them to your account this weekend.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The original Witcher is free if you download Gwent on GOG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk