Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

hadji murad posted:

What’s a good Switch case? Nothing tacky please.

There’s an AmazonBasics one for like $10 that’s done just fine for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Very neat. Looks better than oculus/psvr

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

hadji murad posted:

tbh I like my amazon basics case

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

hadji murad posted:

If you don't already have a grip, get the Satisfye grip. There's a basic pack and a Elite pack with a better case. Well worth it, Switch + tons of accessories and games can fit in it. Runs about $50.

Otherwise I was using an Amazon basics but even the official case isn't much more.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ButterFox Carrying Case Stand Compatible with Nintendo Switch with 19 Game card holders - Black

is the best case

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm shocked Graceful Explosion Machine is on there. I have it, it's pretty good, but I've literally never seen anyone talking about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm shocked Graceful Explosion Machine is on there. I have it, it's pretty good, but I've literally never seen anyone talking about it.

It's fine but nothing really special.

A cheap and decent distraction.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I only got it because it came out in the first three months. That it outsold Shovel Knight is kind of unbelievable. I've never seen any buzz

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nep-Nep posted:

If you've played mystery dungeon games before you'll probably be fine. I remember playing that game on normal and not finding it particularly difficult.

edit: This is a remake/remaster right? If it's a new game entirely then ignore my answer.

Yup, of the Wii game.

I picked Normal just because I wanted a little easier experience, but the Buddy system basically means you normally have an extra ally around for damage and hiding behind which will probably make Hard still fairly good. I considered switching to Hard but I'm too lazy to play the beginning again.

Still near the beginning, but it looks like they also removed card minigame and turned fishing into an actual minigame which are great improvements too, especially since minibosses won't drop cards and will instead drop useful things all the time. The fishing game used to have no interaction at all and just was 10 seconds of waiting for a completely random outcome, so I'm happy they actually did something with it.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GGW2SGN/

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

VR Labo looks fun as hell. Definitely picking that up.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

hadji murad posted:

I have this one and it seems p good. I usually put it in here and then toss it in my bag. It has some structure to it, so it's not just a pouch.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Some evil wizard turned Mario into a case, oh no

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Have you ever used either of those...?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rolo posted:

Have you ever used either of those...?

Yup, I've used a psvr. The LABO kit looks more fun. All it needs is a rollercoaster game, and to let us download other's garage kit games for when someone remakes job simulator.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I just got a hankering to play The Warriors, but I don’t have anything to run it on anymore. Are there any 3D urban brawlers on Switch?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

VR Labo looks fun as hell. Definitely picking that up.

Wait did they release more info about it? Last I checked there was just some promo images

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Wait did they release more info about it? Last I checked there was just some promo images

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/hands_on_theres_more_to_nintendos_labo_vr_than_meets_the_eye
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-22-labo-vr-is-lo-fi-inventive-and-pure-nintendo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDEhnP6ut0

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
^^^
VR Labo looks rad

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Can that Joycon Grip spot hold a pro controller too or no? Not being able to pack a pro controller would be unfortunate.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The Switch has more horsepower than the new GearVR-but-you-can't-take-the-phone-out thing Oculus is coming out with this year. I was just worried about that low-res screen, but those hands-on things make it sound acceptable.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
So Hyruledancer is going to be standalone, right? I wonder if it'll follow a similar difficulty curve or expect people to already know it.

Also has anyone said King Bobongo yet?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

????????? ? ?? ? ???????????? ??????????

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Chocobo game is cozy and cute.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon when?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Can you turn the screen shake off on Broforce or Nuclear Throne? They both seem right up my alley but screen shake is a hard pass.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That Nintendo life write up has me super excited for that labo vr.

quote:

What really surprised us is that one of our biggest reservations – the Switch's 720p resolution – proved to be somewhat exaggerated. Sure, the visuals do look a little pixellated (and there's a slight bit of ghosting due to the latency of the LCD panel), but when compared to how blocky some PSVR games appear when playing on a standard, non-Pro PS4 system, it's not anywhere near as big a gulf as you might suspect. Naturally, the geometry seen in your average PSVR game is more complex than anything Labo VR can muster, but Nintendo's cartoon-like approach mitigates this to a degree. 

They even implemented a player 2, Nintendo really weren't talking noise when they talked about vr social experiences.

quote:

Nintendo has even thought out of the box for some VR ideas; a pair of cardboard glasses included in the package might seem like an afterthought, but – thanks to a set of reflective discs and the power of the Joy-Con IR sensor – they allow a second player to 'step into' your world. The IR sensor watches the movement of the reflective discs on the glasses and turns your friend into an entirely different character within the game.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Question, I've heard that VR still works for people without binocular vision, but is that just like, an Oculus Rift thing? Do these lens based VR attachments work the same way?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Silver Snail posted:

Question, I've heard that VR still works for people without binocular vision, but is that just like, an Oculus Rift thing? Do these lens based VR attachments work the same way?

VR works because it occludes your vision (as best I can tell, I don't know the neurology behind it). It won't be 3D to you in the same way everything isn't 3D, but you'll still get the VR experience, as least according to the one eyed man I know.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Im looking for a case to fit my Switch with the Satisfye grip on it. I see they have a slim and standard size case. Do you guys recommend one over the other? Im leaning slim because 5 year old carries the Switch with her everywhere but I read one review about it maybe being too tight when zipped up.

Slim https://www.amazon.com/Satisfye-Acc...ps%2C162&sr=8-5
Standard https://www.amazon.com/Satisfye-Acc...ps%2C162&sr=8-4

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

chaleski posted:

Can you turn the screen shake off on Broforce or Nuclear Throne? They both seem right up my alley but screen shake is a hard pass.

Yes for both.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

loudog999 posted:

Im looking for a case to fit my Switch with the Satisfye grip on it. I see they have a slim and standard size case. Do you guys recommend one over the other? Im leaning slim because 5 year old carries the Switch with her everywhere but I read one review about it maybe being too tight when zipped up.

Go with standard, it can fit a ton of stuff, like 4 joycons, their grips and more.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Is Oxenfree actually good? I got annoyed at the guy character on the boat in the first five minutes and turned it off.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

dantheman650 posted:

Is Oxenfree actually good? I got annoyed at the guy character on the boat in the first five minutes and turned it off.

For me Night in the Woods and Oxenfree scratch a similar itch and I love them despite their problems.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Go with standard, it can fit a ton of stuff, like 4 joycons, their grips and more.

Ok, I probably will. I was just worried that she has a small backpack that she carries everything in, and from the photos Ive seen the standard looks huge. Although, now that I look more, they dont seem that different in size. The slim doesnt look like it would fit a charger cable in it either, so I guess Standard it is. Thanks.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Waffle! posted:

Yes for both.

Thanks

loudog999 posted:

I have the standard and it's great, I recommend it highly

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

chaleski posted:

Thanks

I have the standard and it's great, I recommend it highly

Just ordered it.. I wish Satisfye would ship with Amazon. Im way to spoiled by Prime and having to wait the extra days for direct shipping from them seems like an eternity.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I've played Necrodancer a few times on PS4 and enjoyed it but I am definitely buying it for Switch now that I know it has extra stuff and there's a Zelda version coming. Put everything on the Switch.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Switch has almost completely replaced my PC for indie games, I've already re-bought several of them. Curling up on the couch and playing Stardew Valley on my dead gay tablet wrapped in a blanket is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Well, looks like we're finally getting the communication features we asked for....

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/xbox-live-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-starting-with-cuphead