Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
Does the SPERG Special Edition work with Immersive Armors for the Matching Set bonus? Or do I have to download some sort of compatibility patch for it?

I remember there was one for the Oldrim version, but I can't find a patch for the new one.

Edit- This is already included in the main SPERG downloader, and I am dumb!

TroubledWaters fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What ever happened to the Creation Club menu remover? I can't seem to find hide nor hair of it.

e: also in regards to cleaning masters: Y/N? I don't trust Arthmoor about anything, but I also don't trust Bethesda to not have sloppy coding practices.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 5, 2019

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I've never had issues with unclean masters and I've never bothered even learning about them. I've been modding this game since it came out

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

What ever happened to the Creation Club menu remover? I can't seem to find hide nor hair of it.

I haven't tried using it but this seems like it should do the trick:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13415/?tab=description

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Jesus Christ

(this turned out to be an issue with the RaceMenu ini being set to bEnableFaceOverlays=1 instead of 0)

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Anyone who has HDT plugins for SE they can share through dropbox?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17416?tab=description

I see that I need two plugins from an obscure chinese/japanese site and I don't want to make an account there unless I have to.

EDIT:

Some report this mod causing major FPS loss. Probably because it is outdated.

Midig fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 12, 2019

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I just came across Great City of Winterhold and holy moly does this look impressive

like it actually takes into account the fact that most of the city fell into the sea

and that architecture, drat

Apparently it's part of The Great Cities - Minor Cities and Towns SSE Edition

I wish it had more compatibility patches, as it is right now I'm way too deep into my current modding setup and JK is just so well-established that you can reliably get patches whenever you need them

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Does anyone know whether a Dragonbone Bow or Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow has better max DPS? I can find no calculations on how fast a crossbow reloads compared to a bow being drawn.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 14, 2019

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I mean, does it really matter? Just go with what looks cool imo

it's the crossbow that looks cool btw

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Crossbows have a really meaty kachunkchunk when they reload, an important consideration.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I just came across Great City of Winterhold and holy moly does this look impressive

like it actually takes into account the fact that most of the city fell into the sea

and that architecture, drat

Apparently it's part of The Great Cities - Minor Cities and Towns SSE Edition

I wish it had more compatibility patches, as it is right now I'm way too deep into my current modding setup and JK is just so well-established that you can reliably get patches whenever you need them

Same here. There's a few patches for the Solitude version of that mod which make it play well with stuff like the Skyway mod, but yeah I'd love to have a version that reconciles Great Cities Winterhold with JK's Winterhold, because they both do great things to the town but conflict with one another kinda bad.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Rainbow Knight posted:

I mean, does it really matter? Just go with what looks cool imo

it's the crossbow that looks cool btw

wiegieman posted:

Crossbows have a really meaty kachunkchunk when they reload, an important consideration.

Oh I always go Crossbow, always, I just wanted to know if I was objectively right about picking it too. :laugh:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 14, 2019

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
So, since the last time I played, Skyrim SE updated, which means an SKSE update, so I get that, and now dyndoLOD pops up an error message for papyrusutil (which I know is installed) so I reinstall that, no change.

Apparently, dyndoLOD has a new version now, which I've downloaded, but I am hesitant to install, since I remember something about dyndoLOD only working with fresh saves. Can't find that reference now...

Am I about to nuke this character?

Has anybody else already fixed this up, and I'm thinking too hard? Can I simply install the new dyndoLOD version (there are new resources too) without loving everything up?

Gah. Just when you have a nice install you like...I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the SKSE guys to release a new version every time Bethesda has a new artifact to sell.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Turn off autoupdates, only launch steam through MO/SKSE64 launcher.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I could try and upload my exe later today if you want it

I've got auto-updates off

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Herb Dington posted:

So, since the last time I played, Skyrim SE updated, which means an SKSE update, so I get that, and now dyndoLOD pops up an error message for papyrusutil (which I know is installed) so I reinstall that, no change.

Apparently, dyndoLOD has a new version now, which I've downloaded, but I am hesitant to install, since I remember something about dyndoLOD only working with fresh saves. Can't find that reference now...

Am I about to nuke this character?

Has anybody else already fixed this up, and I'm thinking too hard? Can I simply install the new dyndoLOD version (there are new resources too) without loving everything up?

Gah. Just when you have a nice install you like...I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the SKSE guys to release a new version every time Bethesda has a new artifact to sell.

You'll be fine on an existing character. I've rerun dyndolod a few times for mod updates/testing, it ain't no problem.

Except for the fact my install is so bloated it takes literally 20 minutes to run with a skylake i7 and a 1070 on a SSD :lol:

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Day 2.

Patience is a virtue.

I failed at updating DyndoLOD the first time. Obviously, if you are doing this, you need to remove the relevant mods from your list before starting...

So I did that and ran all the things again, correctly this time, as far as I can tell, and the game still pops up the same message "PapyrusUtil required".

It's there. It's freshly installed.

Am I really about to reinstall Skyrim*, again again again? :tif:

*start over in MO

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Finally getting around to upgrading my old GTX 760 to a new GTX 1660 Ti. Now all my 8-titted milkmaid followers shooting lightning bolts from their dick-nipples will be rendered with glorious complex particle lights and ambient occlusion.

I was watching some videos of people complaining about all of the problems in Anthem and it did inspire me to go look for a flight mod. It's kinda clunky and not really suitable for real combat, but it's a pretty fun and unique travel power to mess around with. Throw in a few wing mods and some animated dwemer jetpacks and it was not too bad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

graynull posted:

Finally getting around to upgrading my old GTX 760 to a new GTX 1660 Ti. Now all my 8-titted milkmaid followers shooting lightning bolts from their dick-nipples will be rendered with glorious complex particle lights and ambient occlusion.

I was watching some videos of people complaining about all of the problems in Anthem and it did inspire me to go look for a flight mod. It's kinda clunky and not really suitable for real combat, but it's a pretty fun and unique travel power to mess around with. Throw in a few wing mods and some animated dwemer jetpacks and it was not too bad.

I believe the mod you're looking for is Dwemer Rocket Boots.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'm looking for mods that just make the game... better. Adding things that should have always been there, refining systems that exist, fixing bugs and removing stupidity, etc. I don't really like adding wholesale new stuff though.
code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
sandboxcylinderheight.esp
DisableCinematicKills.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
High Level Enemies.esp
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
InstantMining.esp
Less Tedious Thieves Guild.esp
Player Blink Fix.esp
Unleveled_Items.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
House Map Markers Legendary.esp
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
Anything else I should add to this incredibly meager modlist? Is Dawnguard Map Markers solid?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'm looking for mods that just make the game... better. Adding things that should have always been there, refining systems that exist, fixing bugs and removing stupidity, etc. I don't really like adding wholesale new stuff though.
code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
sandboxcylinderheight.esp
DisableCinematicKills.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
High Level Enemies.esp
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
InstantMining.esp
Less Tedious Thieves Guild.esp
Player Blink Fix.esp
Unleveled_Items.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
House Map Markers Legendary.esp
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
Anything else I should add to this incredibly meager modlist? Is Dawnguard Map Markers solid?

Might be beyond the scope of what you're looking for, but either Ordinator or SPERG make the perk system better by making perks more interesting instead of needing to use half your perks on boring "does slightly more damage" or "sneaking works slightly better" perks.

Oh, and one of the map mods that shows roads.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Might be beyond the scope of what you're looking for, but either Ordinator or SPERG make the perk system better by making perks more interesting instead of needing to use half your perks on boring "does slightly more damage" or "sneaking works slightly better" perks.

Oh, and one of the map mods that shows roads.

Ordinator is too gimmicky for my taste, and SPERG is rad but a little OP, I found. I try to keep the game as hard as possible cause it's way too easy to break; I level Oblivion-style (pick 6 'major skill' perk trees and only invest perk points in them), don't use crafting, play on Master (I would play on Legendary but the jump between that and Master is a little absurd), that sort of thing. My favorite build is Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Illusion, Restoration, Archery, and Speech. I also don't become the Dragonborn and hate vampires, werewolves, and the naughty-man Daedra (Meridia and Barbas are good enough to help, I suppose).

I guess if I had a wishlist for changes, it'd be to make Destruction/offensive Restoration magic work properly on non-Adept settings, some quest de-stupification mods (particularly the Forsworn Conspiracy, Thieves Guild, Companions, things like that, but I know there aren't any :(), some kind of way to find and hoover up missed arrows more easily, and has there ever been a fix for that stupid bug where shops keep their gold/inventory used up between save loads? I've never found anything good to fix my quibbles with the game; everything is low quality, buggy, etc. I also have a feeling that a lot of my problems are very specific and can't/won't be fixed, either.

Also, I've got the nice world map w/ roads installed already :3:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 17, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
For SPERG you also need to also use the leveling adjuster so you only get Perks every other level.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
So I decided to try converting The Lost Wonders of Mzark to SSE since Trainwiz hasn't done it. I ran it through the SSE Asset Optimizer, which worked great for most of the mod. I finished it without any crashes, the dialogue and quests work, and with a few exceptions everything displays fine. The only issues are that the green hologram's are missing their chest armor mesh, the red holograms are missing their heads, the brass version of the yellow holograms are missing textures on a small part of their shoulders, and none of the armors display properly, being mostly invisible with some strange artifacts when worn by males. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix those glitches? If needed I can get some screenshots. I'm going to check the mesh paths later and make sure nothing got messed up in the conversion process but that's always been my weak spot when it comes to modding.

Even better if someone else has done the conversion (wink wink Agents are GO!)...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh cool there was actually an update to Skyrim that I blindly clicked thinking it was just the usual 0kb reference file poo poo Steam does because why the hell would Skyrim get updated for real in 2019. How bad are my billions of mods all going to be broken now?

e: Also I think my #1 qol improvement to Steam would be a requirement for devs to post patch notes to news before they can push a god drat update.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 21, 2019

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

DrNutt posted:

Oh cool there was actually an update to Skyrim that I blindly clicked thinking it was just the usual 0kb reference file poo poo Steam does because why the hell would Skyrim get updated for real in 2019. How bad are my billions of mods all going to be broken now?

e: Also I think my #1 qol improvement to Steam would be a requirement for devs to post patch notes to news before they can push a god drat update.

Skyrim SE usually updates every month or so now for new creation club stuff. It shouldn't break most mods, except for SKSE, which usually updates almost the same day.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Sky Shadowing posted:

Skyrim SE usually updates every month or so now for new creation club stuff. It shouldn't break most mods, except for SKSE, which usually updates almost the same day.

Ah okay that's good to know. Never sure what info out there is actually up to date or just cargo culted mantras from wannabe mod wizards.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
SKSE will break with each update, and depending on your modlist, your SKSE mods will either complain and/or not work or crash the game if there's a version mismatch.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

New CC and Skyrim changes breaks SKSE and by extension SKSE based mods and by extension all load orders that are not vanilla Skyrim. Why would people BS about that? There is positive stuff though. It encourages many modders to revisit their mods and update them. We got an amazing addition to SSE engine fixes for example.

Midig fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 22, 2019

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any way to turn steam updates off for a game so you don't have to deal with that?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Addamere posted:

Any way to turn steam updates off for a game so you don't have to deal with that?

Flip the game to "Update this game only when I launch it" and then use the SKSE launcher to sidestep technically launching the game itself.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

This is your weekly reminder that the constant updating is a workaround so that Bethesda doesn't have to give Valve a cut of their DLC revenue :rolleye:

And Skyrim SE came about because Sony wouldn't let them re-release (re-re-release?) the game on PS4 unless they fixed their horrendously unstable dogshit engine

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alasyre posted:

So I decided to try converting The Lost Wonders of Mzark to SSE since Trainwiz hasn't done it. I ran it through the SSE Asset Optimizer, which worked great for most of the mod. I finished it without any crashes, the dialogue and quests work, and with a few exceptions everything displays fine. The only issues are that the green hologram's are missing their chest armor mesh, the red holograms are missing their heads, the brass version of the yellow holograms are missing textures on a small part of their shoulders, and none of the armors display properly, being mostly invisible with some strange artifacts when worn by males. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix those glitches? If needed I can get some screenshots. I'm going to check the mesh paths later and make sure nothing got messed up in the conversion process but that's always been my weak spot when it comes to modding.

Even better if someone else has done the conversion (wink wink Agents are GO!)...

My gaming PC hard drive took a poo poo so unfortunately no, also running poo poo through the nif optimizer was all I did. Sorry. :|

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

nine-gear crow posted:

Flip the game to "Update this game only when I launch it" and then use the SKSE launcher to sidestep technically launching the game itself.

I did this but since there was no indication that it was anything other than the common registry update thing I just went ahead and let it do its thing. Seriously a game client update news requirement would be a huge improvement for the end user. I get this in particular is a specific case but in general I like to know why games are pushing updates at me and there doesn't seem to be any standard at all on steam for whether a dev or publisher will bother with patch notes via steam page or not.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You should ask yourself "What are the odds Bethesda fixed any bugs in this patch vs the odds this patch will break everything?"

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

DrNutt posted:

I did this but since there was no indication that it was anything other than the common registry update thing I just went ahead and let it do its thing. Seriously a game client update news requirement would be a huge improvement for the end user. I get this in particular is a specific case but in general I like to know why games are pushing updates at me and there doesn't seem to be any standard at all on steam for whether a dev or publisher will bother with patch notes via steam page or not.

Given the quality of patch notes in general, you'd be lucky if they did that and if it was anything more than "bug fixes."

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Have the patches even been bug related at all? I thought they were all creation club updates.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Luceo posted:

Given the quality of patch notes in general, you'd be lucky if they did that and if it was anything more than "bug fixes."

Okay it would be better than nothing. Like when my PS4 gets an update pushed and it's just "stability updates" that's fine, at least it's something and I don't just have some mystery update with zero clue.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Have the patches even been bug related at all? I thought they were all creation club updates.

there were some minor bug fixes that have been in the unofficial patch for ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

DrNutt posted:

Okay it would be better than nothing. Like when my PS4 gets an update pushed and it's just "stability updates" that's fine, at least it's something and I don't just have some mystery update with zero clue.

No, as someone who has to write changelogs, that's not an acceptable patch note and is just as mysterious as nothing at all. Tell people what you fixed!

Luceo fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 22, 2019