Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inspector_666 posted:

In redraft I want to say Hampson? Isn't he going to be splitting time at 2B and probably be on the short end of the platoon?

I'd drop Smoak. Hampson is probably gonna be a super utility guy, he's gonna bounce around and get multi-positional eligibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Drop the one I've never even heard of (Hampson).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Monday_ posted:

If you wanna drop a guy with 40-50 SB potential I guess. He had six steals this spring last I checked.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Always punt steals.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Monday_ posted:

Don't do this. (Also how have you never heard of Hampson!?)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I'd drop Smoak. Hampson is probably gonna be a super utility guy, he's gonna bounce around and get multi-positional eligibility.

Do this.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Don't do this. (Also how have you never heard of Hampson!?)

I came in 2nd in both my leagues last year and hadn't heard of Juan Soto until a few weeks ago.

I have no idea how this happens.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Simpsons Reference posted:

Who to drop for Rasiel Iglesias in a H2H standard league?

Justin Smoak, Garret Hampson, or Jordan Hicks?

Smoak, low average guys with pop aren’t too hard to find.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Monday_ posted:

I came in 2nd in both my leagues last year and hadn't heard of Juan Soto until a few weeks ago.

I have no idea how this happens.

You're probably like me and just forgetting poo poo. I had to look up Trevor RIchards after he had a good game last week because I didn't know anything about him. Later I saw I had him on my roster last year.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I think it's because I spend a lot more time staring at numbers on fangraphs than actually watching baseball.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I thought that was watching baseball. :downsrim:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Fantasy season snuck up on me this year and my usual league seems to be falling apart due to a lack of interest. How competitive/active are Yahoo Pro leagues?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pick up Strahm guys. he good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pick up Strahm guys. he good.

I might end up with 3 Padres SPs on my roster which feels weird.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

Fantasy season snuck up on me this year and my usual league seems to be falling apart due to a lack of interest. How competitive/active are Yahoo Pro leagues?

Pro Leagues are competitive. Everyone's done their research and if like, a prospect gets called up, someone adds him within minutes after the news breaks. They're fun leagues imo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Pro Leagues are competitive. Everyone's done their research and if like, a prospect gets called up, someone adds him within minutes after the news breaks. They're fun leagues imo

I wish my stupid rear end state would allow me to enter Pro Leagues. :argh:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Someone rank these prospects for me... Having trouble deciding if I should drop someone for Senzel.

Senzel, Hampson, McMahon (I have a feeling this is the correct ranking, or maybe Hampson first.)

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
In that league, I have Whit, Trout, Segura, Pham, and Pollock to go along with Hampson, so I'm probably good as far as speed goes. I have Winker and Gurriel to fill either Hampson or Smoak's spot. No big loss either way.

Someone rank these prospects for me... Having trouble deciding if I should drop someone for Senzel.

Senzel, Hampson, McMahon (I have a feeling this is the correct ranking, or maybe Hampson first.)

2019, I would probably rank them the exact opposite, but long term I think you have it right

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I change my mind about Hampson and McMahon a lot but I definitely put Senzel first. I feel like current me is putting Hampson second.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
8 team Keeper league, Keep up to 12, and they count as the first 12 picks of the draft for your team. If you pick fewer than 12, you get those draft picks. Standard 5x5. Here's what I figure on doing:

Thoughts? Am I crazy for not keeping Kershaw?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Imasalmon posted:

Not crazy at all, friend.

I might keep Robles or Votto over Albies though, he fell off a cliff in the second half.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 22, 2019

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So McMahon is the everyday 1B in Colorado?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

fawning deference posted:

So McMahon is the everyday 1B in Colorado?

I think Murphy is at 1b, and McMahon is gonna get the bulk of reps at 2b.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Last I heard McMahon would be a util player. I need to remember to keep track of sources.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ChiTownEddie posted:

Last I heard McMahon would be a util player. I need to remember to keep track of sources.

From what I've been reading it sounds like McMahon will get the bulk of time at 2B and Hampson is gonna be the super util.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

From what I've been reading it sounds like McMahon will get the bulk of time at 2B and Hampson is gonna be the super util.

Hmmmm good to know. I'd definitely push McMahon above Hampson then. I still want to say Senzel but man the extra PAs are so important...and if senzel doesn't come up soon...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ChiTownEddie posted:

Hmmmm good to know. I'd definitely push McMahon above Hampson then. I still want to say Senzel but man the extra PAs are so important...and if senzel doesn't come up soon...

It also sounds like Senzel has won the CF job for the reds and could break camp with the team.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

It also sounds like Senzel has won the CF job for the reds and could break camp with the team.

This one I havent bought yet until they actually say so. I guess I can afford to wait because my main draft is after the season starts, the 30th, but I'm still under the assumption that he'll be down a bit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1108871442119057408

i should have literally forgotten him in the Fire and Forget draft.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1108871442119057408

i should have literally forgotten him in the Fire and Forget draft.

Was gloating about taking him and Luzardo late in a draft and welp :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

Fantasy Baseball 2019: The Hampson/McMahon Gambit

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Was gloating about taking him and Luzardo late in a draft and welp :negative:

Yeah, the Luzardo injury sucked, but I was able to pick up Strahm in his place in most of the leagues I had him.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Rich Hill cracks me up. Starting on the IL with MCL strain.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Imasalmon posted:

8 team Keeper league, Keep up to 12, and they count as the first 12 picks of the draft for your team. If you pick fewer than 12, you get those draft picks. Standard 5x5. Here's what I figure on doing:

Keeping 12 players, I'm definitely looking at Robles over Diaz.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ChiTownEddie posted:

Rich Hill cracks me up. Starting on the IL with MCL strain.

I steadfastly avoided Rich Hill all last year, even when he was on waivers. But I couldn't pass on him in round 22 or w/e this year, because what a great value!

Never again, lol.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
In mock drafts, I kept getting Knebel and Hill because they offered sneaky value at their ADP, but when it came to drafts, people actually paid attention and I missed out on them.

I'm okay with that now

Bregor
May 31, 2013

What's the deal with Matt Olson? I have him for a $2 keeper which I'm fine with but it seems like his hand injury is something more serious so I'm considering targeting another 1B early.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'm hearing Scooter Gennett slipped in the field and couldn't walk off under his own power.
E: Obviously beyond scoot's value, this could make Senzel's opening day day roster decision veeeerry interesting.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 22, 2019

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

I steadfastly avoided Rich Hill all last year, even when he was on waivers. But I couldn't pass on him in round 22 or w/e this year, because what a great value!

Never again, lol.

Ross Stripling craves his innings.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Bregor posted:

What's the deal with Matt Olson? I have him for a $2 keeper which I'm fine with but it seems like his hand injury is something more serious so I'm considering targeting another 1B early.

yeah I'm worried he has a broken hamate bone which would really suck. I have him on my Trout team unfortunately, I was hoping to get a 3B around his range in the draft instead so I could put Carp at 1B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ross Stripling craves his innings.

So pissed I accidentally drafted Ryu instead of Chicken Strip in the fire and forget league. At least I grabbed him in my money one.