Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

Sidestepping all that this is literally the first I've heard of Project Blue Book, is it good

I'm only a few eps in and it's punching above it's weight. A pleasant surprise. Also Laura Mennell from Alphas and Haven is in it. And Neal McDonough is always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Steve the Drunk's self-fueled vitriolic spirals of just pure white hatred is something that the movie will sadly be absent of.

Other than that, my body is ready.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Steve the Drunk's self-fueled vitriolic spirals of just pure white hatred is something that the movie will sadly be absent of.

Other than that, my body is ready.

That must have been really hard to act. :smith:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
he’s in orange is the new black too

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Escobarbarian posted:

he’s in orange is the new black too

Yeah, I saw that picture posted, and thought 'Yep, that's Healey'. I'm not saying that OitNB is a great, must-watch show or anything, but anyone surprised at that pic obviously hasn't seen it.

To be fair, when I first saw him in as Healey, I was similarly shocked, so yeah :shobon:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't he in the first season of True Detective as well?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Laterite posted:

Wasn't he in the first season of True Detective as well?

Yeah, he was the the original detective who got the Marie Fontaneux case when she disappeared. They kidnap him in episode 7 and make him confess.

Have they said this is for sure the ending of Deadwood? If this is well received could they restart the series?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Yeah, he was the the original detective who got the Marie Fontaneux case when she disappeared. They kidnap him in episode 7 and make him confess.

Have they said this is for sure the ending of Deadwood? If this is well received could they restart the series?

I've been hoping this is a backdoor pilot since it was announced. HBO needs a new prestige series, and it can share elements and sets with Westworld (assuming that show will have anything to do with cowboys anymore).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Don't you dare put this hope in my heart you son-of-a-bitch. Don't you dare!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My assumption is that, if it does well in ~the ratings~, then the new class of (younger) actors will form the core of a spinoff/revival series with the original cast coming back for cameos.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Meanwhile, no one gives a gently caress about Carnivale :saddowns:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

:wave:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I don't really mind that Carnivale stopped where it did. I felt like the second season really dropped in quality towards the end.

Plus I don't see Nick Stahl returning, what with his mental/drug problems.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I loved Carnivale but I tried to rewatch it recently and the first season is unbelievably slow. I couldn't get past 4 episodes before I gave up. It's also one of those frustrating shows where I wish people would just loving talk instead of brooding in silence to artificially keep up the tension.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I loved Carnivale but I tried to rewatch it recently and the first season is unbelievably slow. I couldn't get past 4 episodes before I gave up. It's also one of those frustrating shows where I wish people would just loving talk instead of brooding in silence to artificially keep up the tension.

It's very much a "you had to be there" show

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Astroman posted:

I've been hoping this is a backdoor pilot since it was announced. HBO needs a new prestige series, and it can share elements and sets with Westworld (assuming that show will have anything to do with cowboys anymore).

Didn't the Westworld set burn up in the fires last year?

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
The AT&T folks that have taken over have said that they want to up the quantity of shows HBO produces so there is a glimmer of hope...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I hope so. That show should have ended.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The set of the old town that was buried burned down. The main town didn't.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

turtleface posted:

The AT&T folks that have taken over have said that they want to up the quantity of shows HBO produces so there is a glimmer of hope...

Uh, I don't see that as a good thing. Sounds like an avalanche of cheaply-produced "HBO Originals" where they greenlight ten episodes for anyone who can wave a story idea in front of their face.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Yeah - Netflix is a good place to experiment and see what poo poo sticks to a wall, but I don't think that's a great approach for HBO.

But what the gently caress do I know, really

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Phenotype posted:

Uh, I don't see that as a good thing. Sounds like an avalanche of cheaply-produced "HBO Originals" where they greenlight ten episodes for anyone who can wave a story idea in front of their face.

Listen I didn't say the chances were good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's going to be a billion shows like Ballers or Entourage

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Mu Zeta posted:

It's going to be a billion shows like Ballers or Entourage

Yeah, contemporary settings mean you can just go to Macy’s for a wardrobe. Doing period pieces means hiring a bunch of (really good) costume designers who have to make everything bespoke.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1108791633762549761

Prepare yourselves, cocksuckers.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Astroman posted:

Steve the Drunk is a general (of the non N variety) on Project Blue Book and boy has he aged!

Hey man, I know this is a Deadwood thread and I know exactly how you mean to reference characters here, but I don't think that N-word adds any necessary context.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

I did not know it was physically possible to get this hyped! I've not had HBO for years but I'm renewing for this.

Still, I'm a little worried about not seeing Brad Dourif anywhere. Wasn't the Doc set to reappear, lunger or not?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is it wrong that I'm hoping it's going to be like a 4 hour movie?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is it wrong that I'm hoping it's going to be like a 4 hour movie?

I think we already know it's about 2 hours.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hopefully it'll be a 12 hour movie. That's pretty long to sit through however, so they could break it into twelve one hour chunks and that'd work.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

Hopefully it'll be a 12 hour movie. That's pretty long to sit through however, so they could break it into twelve one hour chunks and that'd work.

I like this idea better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God it's looks so good.

Bullock's ".....no" is perfect.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God it's looks so good.

Bullock's ".....no" is perfect.

Did anyone see Tom Nuddall? I loved that dude, and now I really need to finish my rewatch. I'm most of the way through season 3.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Hahaha d'ya ever think, Bullock, of not going straight at a thing?

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
The biggest missed opportunity was not having Ian McShane do a season of Justified as the main villain of the season.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

0wns

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
CALAMITY JANE AT 0:36 COCKSUCKERS!!!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Your Gay Uncle posted:

CALAMITY JANE AT 0:36 COCKSUCKERS!!!!

Be brief

Be hosed!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I am fully engorged...
:awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Can't wait.

Guess I have to start my rewatch quickly.