Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It's not April, so this must be real! I guess they finally worked out the kinks and are getting this off the ground. Official posts went up about 45 minutes ago:

https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far.html posted:

Here’s the most up-to-date information about the long-awaited Deadwood film, based on the Golden Globe and Emmy-winning series .

What’s it about?
The movie comes nearly 13 years after the drama concluded in 2006 and follows the 10-year reunion of the camp to celebrate South Dakota's statehood. Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought.

When will it premiere?
The film is set to premiere in 2019 on HBO, HBO NOW, HBO GO and HBO On Demand.

Who’s in it?
Returning to Deadwood are Ian McShane (Ray Donovan, American Gods) as the foul-mouthed saloon owner Al Swearengen; Timothy Olyphant (Justified, Santa Clara Diet) as Deadwood sheriff Seth Bullock; Molly Parker (House of Cards) as the widowed Alma Ellsworth; Paula Malcomson at Trixie; John Hawkes as Sol Starr; Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad) as Mrs. Bullock; Dayton Callie as Charlie Utter; Brad Dourif as Doc Cochran; and Robin Weigert (Big Little Lies) as Calamity Jane Canary; William Sanderson as E.B. Farnum; Kim Dickens as Joanie Stubbs; and Gerald McRaney as George Hearst.

The film will also feature new cast member Jade Pettyjohn as Caroline.

What’s happening behind the scenes?
The script hails from series creator David Milch. Daniel Minahan — whose TV credits include Game of Thrones, True Blood and Six Feet Under — will direct. The film is executive produced by Milch, Carolyn Strauss, Minahan, Gregg Fienberg, Scott Stephens, Ian McShane and Timothy Olyphant.

tl;dr- Much of the main cast (that still lives :rip:) is returning. Looks like it will be set a decade or so after the show's end, with everybody returning to celebrate Statehood.

Confirmed Returning:

Ian McShane as Al Swearengen

Timothy Olyphant as Seth Bullock

Molly Parker as Alma Ellsworth

Paula Malcomson as Trixie

John Hawkes as Sol Starr

Anna Gunn as Mrs. Bullock

Dayton Callie as Charlie Utter

Brad Dourif as Doc Cochran

Robin Weigert as Calamity Jane Canary

William Sanderson as E.B. Farnum

Kim Dickens as Joanie Stubbs

Gerald McRaney as George Hearst

There's also this from Deadline that says production started last month:
https://deadline.com/2018/11/deadwood-movie-begins-production-hbo-david-milch-1202496154/

:woop:
I'm stoked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah! I should really get around to watching season 3 one of these days.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
cocksuckers

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
About fuckin time

Edit for real content: shame that Powers Boothe cant make it. And Richardson too :(

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I was really hoping they'd just bring back the show since I can't imagine not wanting more endlessly after the movie, but this remains my favorite show in TV history, even if some parts of S3 are boring (theater folk stuff). I can't believe, even still, that the writing on this show was on television screens, it's unbelievable.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So if this just a one off movie or is it a stealth pilot for bringing the whole series back?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Fuckin hoopleheads, can't wait

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Please bring back Garret Dillahunt for a third time as a brand new character.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Please bring back Garret Dillahunt for a third time as a brand new character.

:emptyquote:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

Please bring back Garret Dillahunt for a third, fourth and fifth time as three brand new characters.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
No Mr. Wu?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sarcastr0 posted:

No Mr. Wu?

Who?

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

http://deadwood.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Wu

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Not Wu, WHO!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

who's the band.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

Not Wu, WHO!

COCKSUCKA!

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
How will my Wu's Discount Pork t-shirt ever regain its relevance?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Like a bolt out the blue this is wonderful news. While season 3 had it's moments, Deadwood as a series deserved a better send off and I'm floored that 13 years later they're actually doing it.

I'm particularly interested to see what they're doing with Doc Cochran's character, given his tuberculosis has had 10 years to progress.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Troy Queef posted:

COCKSUCKA!

COCKSUCKA SAN FRANCISCO!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jew! JEW!!!! No Jew?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Troy Queef posted:

COCKSUCKA!

I'm so glad I taught you that word

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Tokelau All Star posted:

COCKSUCKA SAN FRANCISCO!

all right, there's an invisible cocksucker next to you and he's from San Francisco...

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f31PLcCXD0U

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Where have you seen Olyphant confirmed? Last time I checked there was no confirmation with any news source and he was the only one not listed on the imdb.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am so loving happy about this, I loved this show and the ending felt so abrupt, and I'd long ago given up on any kind of extension.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
WHITE

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
COCKSUCKAS

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Astroman posted:

Where have you seen Olyphant confirmed? Last time I checked there was no confirmation with any news source and he was the only one not listed on the imdb.

HBO said so on their website thingy. He said he wanted to do it and hang out with the old gang again...what else does he have to do? :shrug:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'd rather try touching the moon than take on a whore's thinking

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

HBO said so on their website thingy. He said he wanted to do it and hang out with the old gang again...what else does he have to do? :shrug:

Just saw it on imdb.

Color me cuntstruck! :swoon:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Do you worry for her, Dan? Wandering through the muck of the thoroughfare, her tiny self all but swallowed up in horseshit?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Astroman posted:

Just saw it on imdb.

Color me cuntstruck! :swoon:

So Bullock was not mid-thrust in other matters.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I am so loving happy about this, I loved this show and the ending felt so abrupt, and I'd long ago given up on any kind of extension.
The best part of this is that unlike many of the properties that were brought back for another run after getting cancelled, Deadwood ended like poo poo, so if it ends like poo poo again, it's a lateral move.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Troy Queef posted:

So Bullock was not mid-thrust in other matters.

I always loved,"Half dying I am still better informed than you...."

Al pissing out the kidney stone was loving amazing television.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I always loved,"Half dying I am still better informed than you...."

Al pissing out the kidney stone was loving amazing television.
I've seen it four times on various rewatches and it never gets less traumatizing.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

LividLiquid posted:

I've seen it four times on various rewatches and it never gets less traumatizing.

:member: when he poked out that dude's eye :eyepop:

I loved the dialogue on this show and hope they do something fun with it in the movie...I also get a kick out of thinking how they all would have really cursed in historical Deadwood: ala Yosemite Sam. :laugh:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bullock throws his hat on the ground and jumps up and down on it

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

New Deadwood...my prayers have been answered

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tell your god to ready for blood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Corruption shall never breathe stinky on this thread!