Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm hooting and hollering like at a football game bc my misso has the same exact subtype of EDS that yvie has

i didn't realise joel mchale was going to do exactly that when I made that last post now I feel like a dingus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Yvie. Robbed.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Elvira next week hell yes

Suga’s orange runway is a stroke of genius, and it happening to sync up with this challenge is delightful.

Silky- shut up.
Scarlet- shut up.

spite house posted:

Yvie. Robbed.

EXTREMELY SO

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
This episode was offensively bad. Maybe the worst episode ever? The maxi challenge was mostly misogynist and unfunny rather than actually making fun of trump, that the soup guy was rolling on something and was completely obnoxious, nobody but yvie really impressed me at all and Dr silky revealed she has no loving clue how gerrymandering works.

I'm honestly watching this season out of habit rather than genuine excitement for any of the queens. I'd rather be watching Brooke Lynn and vanjies sex tape tbqh.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This is definitely my least favorite episode so far. The script is just not funny and trying to mix Drag Race musicals with political commentary is just a recipe for disaster, because campiness is inherently celebratory and the whole thing just doesn't read as satirical as it's intended to be. Not to mention the songs themselves are low-energy (and again, unfunny) so what we got was a pretty stilted performance overall.

Quite excited for the next episode, though. We're having a ball? In episode five??

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I want A'keria to narrate my life

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

christ i'm so happy new york finally arrived

g o l d

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

brooke is bae

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This was a really fun episode imo, I'm excited for Untucked. I had been hella worried a Trump rusical would be more of a trash fire, but Scarlet picked the roles well and the bottoms weren't, like, cringe inducingly bad. They just didn't stand out.

I had a ton of fun watching that despite the godawful script and music lmao, and I didn't expect to, gj Drag Race.

Nihonniboku posted:

What do we think? Was Michelle actually annoyed by Joel McHale?

nah

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Rosie role was destined for disaster. Rosie is just loud and nothing else and it’s hard to convey that in a lip sync.

She should have been constantly flinging koosh balls at the judges table imo

Whalley posted:

This guy needs to choreograph everything.

:yeah:

Excited for the ball next week. Now, in honour of Joel McHale being on the show I feel the need to link my fave Community video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxHa8J9Y-0

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yassss new york coming backstage for untucked

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

esperterra posted:

Excited for the ball next week. Now, in honour of Joel McHale being on the show I feel the need to link my fave Community video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxHa8J9Y-0

I totally forgot about this episode of Community and this video punched me directly in the giggle-dick and made me laugh like a maniac for a full twenty minutes, because the more it looped the funnier it got to me. Shangie is a miraculous creature

Usually I like Rusicals but this one somehow missed The Point of like, everything. Not the performer's faults to varying degrees, but... eh. Big ups to Ginger for being the only lovable Trump. Good guest judges too! I like Joel McHale, and I don't know much about Tiffany Pollard except she's a Drag Race staple and also Norwegia

Runways: how in the hell has Yvie not one one of these yet goddamn do the judges have an eye problem?

Also every time I think Silky hits the rock-bottom of dumb poo poo to say, a trapdoor opens beneath her

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
I felt like Joel brought some Pangina energy to the panel, and I loved it :allears:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

you could see michelle's lips twitching and every so often when they panned over them, her and joel were having a good chuckle. michelle knows how to bounce of his shtick. it was great. "WHO'S NEXT?"

silky, 100% amazing makeup but still insanely annoying. also wtf happened to ariel!? i thought she was the lead and was gonna bomb. that was a big fat fakeout

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
The Drag Race Thailand top 3. Holy poo poo. The goop.

They brought back two queens who had been eliminated. BOTH are in the top 3. And Bandit, who has never lip synced, didn't make it. Holy gently caress.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

spite house posted:

Yvie. Robbed.

Severely.

Color me jaded but it seriously feels like Silky was handed that win in order to justify keeping her around for the entire season. Big girls amirite?!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Poulpe posted:

Severely.

Color me jaded but it seriously feels like Silky was handed that win in order to justify keeping her around for the entire season. Big girls amirite?!

I’m not a fan of Silky, but her Oprah was astonishingly good. I didn’t know she could pull that off. On top of that, the win in these challenges often goes to a person who can make the most out of a small, featured role.
I preferred Yvie, but Silky’s win was justifiable.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Unquestionably the worst episode of the season, and honestly I'd put it in the top 3 worst episodes ever. It's honestly incredible the writing staff could be presented with the loving Trump presidency and fail to land a joke. I think the only actually clever thing was 'Miss Winfrey' which is of course a play on an overused drag race meme. Jesus loving christ. Also Yvie deserved the win so much it hurts. BLEH.

I liked the judging panel tho, that was the highlight.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The episode was a "trump musical" and all the jokes in it were rooted in misogyny, not any of the actual things to actually critique the cheeto rapist over. There was more Trump jokes in Shuga's runway than the entire rusical.

That minichallenge tho :allears:

garthoneeye posted:

I’m not a fan of Silky, but her Oprah was astonishingly good. I didn’t know she could pull that off. On top of that, the win in these challenges often goes to a person who can make the most out of a small, featured role.
I preferred Yvie, but Silky’s win was justifiable.
My theory early in the episode was that Silky didn't want to do Oprah because she had Oprah planned for Snatch - now I'm not certain if that's the case, but goddamn if she didn't loving nail the part. Say what you will about Silky, she did real loving good this episode.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
scripted acting and musical challenges are almost always garbage on this show, this ep was no exception

YEAH!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The challenge itself was a bust. They need better writers for those scripts! They're just relying on the queens personalities and on choreography to get the message across and really, it's kind of a snoozefest and it's not their fault. Ivanka had lovely lines, the very little she got. What the hell was Mercedes supposed to do with that?

On the positive end of the spectrum, Joel McHale was a treat. I loved him hamming it up, acting all frat boy drunk. It was exquisite especially when he had nice things to say about all the queens.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Whalley posted:

The episode was a "trump musical" and all the jokes in it were rooted in misogyny, not any of the actual things to actually critique the cheeto rapist over. There was more Trump jokes in Shuga's runway than the entire rusical.

As I said earlier, this is my take as well. That was the most deeply misogynist bit on this show in ages. They spent more time mocking Hillary and slut shaming stormy Daniels than they did mocking trump. It was loving embarrassing and I'm kinda conflicted about whether I want to keep watching this season. It was that bad.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
A lot of these queens don't read so great but I'm not sure Vanjie has actually seen words before.
I love Yvie's squeezy head skin.
I absolutely did not recognize Ginger Minj until they put her name on the screen.
Loved Yvie's runway again, she is quickly becoming one of my faves this season.
I also really like Akeria's getup.
The gently caress was Joel McHale doing?
Vanjie looked great but I'm still waiting to see something more creative from her on the runway.
Shuga Cain's outfit was fantastic.
Silky did a pretty good job, which I hate.
Joel making Michelle mad went from irritating to funny and back again a couple of times.
Five seconds into this lip sync and I think I know who's going home.

Ultimately I really thought Yvie deserved to win this one, but oh well.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

jit bull transpile posted:

As I said earlier, this is my take as well. That was the most deeply misogynist bit on this show in ages. They spent more time mocking Hillary and slut shaming stormy Daniels than they did mocking trump. It was loving embarrassing and I'm kinda conflicted about whether I want to keep watching this season. It was that bad.

Yeah, sorry, I saw you say that and shoulda +1ed it. I felt skeeved throughout the rest of the episode and missed half the runways and went to bed instead of watching Untucked, and... yeah. I'm with you on being unsure about watching.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The worst

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sounds like it's a good thing my brain just tuned out the lyrics after the first number and I focused on watching the girls ham it up instead lmao

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nina was robbed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

Nina was robbed.

I would have been happy with Silky, Yvie or Nina winning for sure. Or Brooke tbh, she was great and embodied the character, it just didn't pop as much as the other three. The only thing holding back a Nina win for me is I can't remember her runway, but the other three girls I def remember their runways cause they all looked lit af.

I'm not a big fan of Silky (though she's chilled out a lot and she didn't grate on my nerves at all this week) but the girl has been good to great in every mini and maxi challenge so far. Her Oprah stole the show for me and I have no issue with her taking the win this week.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11: Socopatoptical money-laundering

Oh drat that Moment in the workroom with Mercedes :unsmith:

As for the main stage, that was... something. Hm. Well. I thought the performance the queens gave was great in parts but the actual writing and everything, well. It was a thing.

Yvie as the manic id of Kellyanne Conway :discourse:

Tiffany Pollard and Joel McHale were great, I love Joel McHale.

Vanjie forever

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

I'm not a big fan of Silky (though she's chilled out a lot and she didn't grate on my nerves at all this week) but the girl has been good to great in every mini and maxi challenge so far. Her Oprah stole the show for me and I have no issue with her taking the win this week.

Silky needs to fuckin' goooooo. Everything about her drives me up the dang wall, though I hope Scarlet points out next week that she got the win because Scarlet cast her perfectly. I'm pretty sure that it woulda been impossible for Silky to screw up being Oprah.

Tendai posted:

Vanjie forever

something I just noticed (dunno if it's been brought up in here yet) is how she's referring to herself as Vanessa (which is her first name after all!). I think it's to help her show that she's more than the meme, and I appreciate it in a way I can't articulate.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, she's Vanessa Mateo first and Vanjie second, and I respect the hell out of it.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Who the gently caress wrote this? This is terrible.

Give them garbage and have them make looks.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

TV Club rated this thing an A, stating "not only one of the best Rusicals in Drag Race herstory, but the best episode of the season so far." :captainpop:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

Yeah, she's Vanessa Mateo first and Vanjie second, and I respect the hell out of it.
I think my favorite thing about her is that she is both a low key bitch and an extra bitch all at once without any apparent difficulty. Like, she just doing her thing and this is who she is and goddamn that's refreshing.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

GrandmaParty posted:

Who the gently caress wrote this? This is terrible.

Give them garbage and have them make looks.

I was under the impression that they have no writers.

Tendai posted:

Tiffany Pollard and Joel McHale were great, I love Joel McHale.

Vanjie forever

Gay twitter today was furious about Joel McHale. I didn't get it at first, and then someone pointed out that back in the day on The Soup when they would cover Drag Race in the first few seasons, the jokes were always along the lines of how embarrassed their fathers must be.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

They seem to have worked out something amicable, considering this aired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Ld3jHvl_E

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Hey did anyone else forget that Plastique existed?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

If you mean this episode, then yeah sure she's basically not in it at all, but if you mean the whole season...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think the only confessionals she's had in two episodes are her fangirling in Untucked lmao

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I thought she looked eerily like Melania once the makeup was on and the orange runway was super pretty. Leave Plastique alone, she's doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

esperterra posted:

I think the only confessionals she's had in two episodes are her fangirling in Untucked lmao

Yeah, this, I realized I barely ever see her in confessionals! That can't be good, right?

Like, yes, she's really pretty on the runway every time, and she did okay in the acting challenge, but she's super faded into the background for me. I'm not sure she's going to be able to get past Snatch Game.

Oh and I can't believe no one's mentioned Rajah's lip sync yet. Finally! She did something that I liked!!! She James Brown'd all over that loving stage!

btw I agree with everyone else that this challenge sucked major rear end all the way through, should have skipped to the runway.