Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Sprint site might be having some kind of caching problem serving up other people's account info, probably best to avoid the Sprint site entirely until they fix it.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/18/sprint-account-leak/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Just submitted a request to switch over using this form. Will update when things happen.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Cage posted:

Just submitted a request to switch over using this form. Will update when things happen.

If you're trying to convert from SERO to SWAC I don't believe that's the right way to go about it.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Employee-Programs-Knowledgebase/SOLUTION-I-m-on-SERO-can-I-be-converted-to-SWAC/ta-p/1033393

quote:

Question

I'm on an old SERO plan. I know that plan is expired but you now have the SWAC plan and I have heard that some SERO customers are getting converted to SWAC. Can I do that too?

Answer

If you are an existing customer on a SERO plan and interested in switching to a new plan, please dial *2 from your Sprint phone. An Employee Accounts team member will review options for the best fit plan, including our new Advantage plans for friends and family members. SMARTeam members who respond to customers on these forums don't have access to SERO accounts, but the Employee Accounts Group (*2 on your Sprint phone) will be happy to assist you.

Nevermind, according to a reddit post that works now:

https://sprint.com/swacconversion

astral fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 21, 2019

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Well that makes it easy and tempting. Let us know how it goes.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I submitted it as well and will report back.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Since its been a little while for some users, hows the SWAC plan treating you? Everything look good? Work Good? No Sponsor E-Mail follow up or anything?

I continue to be tempted by it but continue to be cautious.

If the above two that used the form all go swimmingly I may bite the bullet and make the jump.

Crazy I have had SERO since I did my jump from a crap old plan, to Nextel for a Day (Plan was on my parents name, had to jump over to keep my number and get my own account/name etc), and back for SERO in 2006.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I emailed the link provided in this thread, and they switched in like a day. Was painless.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

EdEddnEddy posted:

Since its been a little while for some users, hows the SWAC plan treating you? Everything look good? Work Good? No Sponsor E-Mail follow up or anything?

If the above two that used the form all go swimmingly I may bite the bullet and make the jump.

Crazy I have had SERO since I did my jump from a crap old plan, to Nextel for a Day (Plan was on my parents name, had to jump over to keep my number and get my own account/name etc), and back for SERO in 2006.

I got the notice that I'm switched but it's effective 3/28, so I'll know then.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

EdEddnEddy posted:

Had SERO since 2006 also. Just switched last month. Bill dropped, I have hotspot access, and I can actually go anywhere and get a phone now if I wanted (from what I was told by several reps but we shall see).

It was a lot easier than I realized and it started on next billing cycle for me.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I suppose one of the things that still worries me, is the SWAC plans seem to have been going through a few changes since 2017 or so, similar to when SERO was going from its initial $30 500Minute plan, to the Sero Pemium +$10, then 4G Addon for another +$10. Not like I am really complaining about the up charges as much as the stress of the uncertainty we could use our Smartphones on SERO back then or were going to get forced off. I am just cautious that SWAC isn't just going to fizzle out or loose a bunch of it's perks at a later time in a similar sort of turn of events.

Then again, SERO is more than old and almost forgotten except for a few people that have been with Sprint long enough to remember it, both Customer and Support agent alike.

And If/When the Sprint/T-Mobile thing happens, will SERO or SWAC even exist after? That is the kicker that I fear the most in some way...

Does it really justify my fear for swapping, nope, do I really want to and yet don't at the same time, kinda...

I guess I just have an unhealthy attachment to my plans and phone and fear that change to something that has been relatively good to me for so long, might bring about a royal pain in the rear end for whatever reason. (Ask me about my recent quest to get a fancy new CC that turned into a Month long fiasco due to Bank Screwups lol)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

thisdude23 posted:

Had SERO since 2006 also. Just switched last month. Bill dropped, I have hotspot access, and I can actually go anywhere and get a phone now if I wanted (from what I was told by several reps but we shall see).

It was a lot easier than I realized and it started on next billing cycle for me.

You can get an unlocked phone anywhere, but you can't go to e.g. Target/Costco/Best Buy/etc and get one of their discounted phones that requires activation or whatever; they can't access SWAC accounts. Only corporate Sprint stores can.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea it's been the same on SERO as it looks like it would remain with SWAC. Either bring your own or buy through Sprint alone.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Just bought an IPhone from Apple and I could buy it and activate it no problem, but it was locked out of any payment or leasing plans. They consider it a corporate plan.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

I suppose one of the things that still worries me, is the SWAC plans seem to have been going through a few changes since 2017 or so, similar to when SERO was going from its initial $30 500Minute plan, to the Sero Pemium +$10, then 4G Addon for another +$10. Not like I am really complaining about the up charges as much as the stress of the uncertainty we could use our Smartphones on SERO back then or were going to get forced off. I am just cautious that SWAC isn't just going to fizzle out or loose a bunch of it's perks at a later time in a similar sort of turn of events.

Then again, SERO is more than old and almost forgotten except for a few people that have been with Sprint long enough to remember it, both Customer and Support agent alike.

And If/When the Sprint/T-Mobile thing happens, will SERO or SWAC even exist after? That is the kicker that I fear the most in some way...

Does it really justify my fear for swapping, nope, do I really want to and yet don't at the same time, kinda...

I guess I just have an unhealthy attachment to my plans and phone and fear that change to something that has been relatively good to me for so long, might bring about a royal pain in the rear end for whatever reason. (Ask me about my recent quest to get a fancy new CC that turned into a Month long fiasco due to Bank Screwups lol)

I'm the same, there were a lot of reasons I should have dumped Sprint over the last 20 years, and I almost did for Google Fi, but I was just too afraid to move on from the safety net of SERO. I figured this SWAC change was enough to make me take the safety plunge, especially since it seems like they're planning on moving everyone anyway.

Worst case scenario the plan goes up and I trade in for another company.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Speaking of issues with Sprint, is anyone else on a Pixel 3 and seeing the phone get stuck on 3G? I put on airplane mode and it fixes it temporarily, but it seems like if go into a roaming or 3G it just stays there and won't go back.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

I have pretty much that same problem on my Pixel 3. If I go somewhere that only has 3g there is a 50/50 chance it'll never switch back to LTE unless I go into airplane mode for a minute or so.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I have a Pixel 2 XL and was having issues with that yesterday. First time I have had any issues like that in a long time so maybe it was just a Network Issue/Something Changed day?

Or are you guys having it happen more regularly?

And I think the reason 3G get's sort of "Stuck" is because it cannot jump back from 3G to LTE until whatever data stream that is using data finishes I believe.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

I have a Pixel 2 XL and was having issues with that yesterday. First time I have had any issues like that in a long time so maybe it was just a Network Issue/Something Changed day?

Or are you guys having it happen more regularly?

And I think the reason 3G get's sort of "Stuck" is because it cannot jump back from 3G to LTE until whatever data stream that is using data finishes I believe.

I found this thread on the Sprint forums, looks like it's being looked into.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

So those of you that SWAC'ed from SERO recently. Anything to report? No "Confirm your sponsor" e-mails? No interruption of service?

Or is it too early to tell?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Mine went through on Tuesday, switched today (first day of new billing)

Got a text for tidal to activate that. Checked tethering and it was activated.

It does take a few days to process, but you'll get a confirmation once it does. No going back and forth or anything.

Some people on Slickdeals are emailing the CEO and having it switched with in an hour, but I'd only do that if your billing cycle is about to start.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mine switched over today and I got texted at 4am for Tidal and Amazon Prime. It did a network update as well but everything seems to be working well. I even have a note that I can add a line til 4/5.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
My amazon prime bill is due in a week. Thinking about the $50 swac.

Hmmmmmm.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea that is kinda my thing too. It can cover my Amazon Prime yearly sub while paying the same as my normal SERO bill.

+ all the other perks are making this a really hard thing to resist even though I would probably not ever use Tidal. Already use Hulu though...

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

moolchaba posted:

My amazon prime bill is due in a week. Thinking about the $50 swac.

Hmmmmmm.

Not worth it unless you want the other stuff you get in that tier. Do you use uber a lot?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I decided getting the 100gb was pretty important since I travel for work 5-6 times a year, and the Uber credit will help get me home here and there.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Mines going to be effective on April 4th when my billing cycle ends. I picked the $30 plan, and the email mentioned I can still switch to the $50 plan if I want but doesn't say how long thats good for.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
One thing i just figured out, and not sure if it has to do with the upgrade, but I couldn't make or receive calls at all. Phone would just go to voicemail.

I had to go to options - network & internet - mobile network - advanced - and turn off Enhanced 4G LTE Mode

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Harminoff posted:

One thing i just figured out, and not sure if it has to do with the upgrade, but I couldn't make or receive calls at all. Phone would just go to voicemail.

I had to go to options - network & internet - mobile network - advanced - and turn off Enhanced 4G LTE Mode
Ugh thank you. They said my new plan wasn't kicking in until the fourth but I had the same thing happen to me last night.

Except I forgot my phone at home so Ill fix it later. :argh:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Anyone have experience with getting a router provisioned to work on Sprint? I bought a Mofi 4500 (WE826-T2 router with a MC7455 modem) and it worked well for the last three months on generic firmware but recently it's been having issues with staying connected to Sprint. I live in a rural area where internet through a cellular company is my only option. I know it's not the signal or account since I also have a R910 that I can swap the sim to and that works fine.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I see a limited quantity Free Krispy Kreme Donut & Coffee (as a $3 Krispy Kreme digital gift card) in the Sprint Rewards app, but it says "Sorry, all offers have been redeemed." when I try to redeem it.

Maybe I'm too early/late?

edit: I think it's too early, did a couple of searches and haven't found it mentioned on the internet yet.

edit 2: and it has vanished entirely :iiam:

astral fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 2, 2019

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SWAC dudes: It sounds like there is a new version of the plan where the Amazon Prime-including version is only $40 instead of $50 (but no Uber credits)! Definitely makes it a much better deal for people who don't use Uber. The new version changes the Premium stuff from a separate plan into an addon/service.

Details shamelessly stolen from a reddit post:

quote:

$ 0 Dollar addon

Unlimited data, talk and text nationwide
TV and movies you love with Hulu
Music streaming with TIDAL Premium
Streaming in Full HD and 50GB of LTE Mobile hotspot
Unlimited talk, text and 10GB of 4G LTE data in Mexico & Canada
Free text and basic data abroad – in 200+ worldwide destinations

10 dollar addon

Unlimited data, talk, and text nationwide
TV and movies you love with Hulu
Music streaming with TIDAL HiFi
Amazon Prime, Twitch Prime and Lookout Premium Plus
Streaming in HD and 100GB of LTE Mobile hotspot
Unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE data in Mexico & Canada
Free text and basic data abroad – in 200+ worldwide destinations

With autpay either 30 or 40 dollars a month based on which one you pick.

astral fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 7, 2019

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Okay, I left my SERO behind a couple of years ago and I'm regretting it. I'm thinking of switching either to T-Mobile for the free Netflix, or if I can get on one of these sweet deals that includes Prime - can I?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Okay, I left my SERO behind a couple of years ago and I'm regretting it. I'm thinking of switching either to T-Mobile for the free Netflix, or if I can get on one of these sweet deals that includes Prime - can I?

If you know a Sprint employee who could refer you: you could port out, wait 45 days, then port back in with their referral as a new customer. Employees get 100 of these referrals total from what I understand.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hmmm. I got my SERO via eBay about 10 years ago. Is that still an option?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

That doesn't make sense.

Cheapest: Streaming in Full HD and 50GB of LTE Mobile hotspot
$10 more: Streaming in HD and 100GB of LTE Mobile hotspot

I had to look up full hd... stupid generic terms. They originally gave the resolution numerically. Gah.

That can't be right, they wouldn't give you worse resolution streaming for more expensive plan. If so, bah.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

moolchaba posted:

That doesn't make sense.

Cheapest: Streaming in Full HD and 50GB of LTE Mobile hotspot
$10 more: Streaming in HD and 100GB of LTE Mobile hotspot

I had to look up full hd... stupid generic terms. They originally gave the resolution numerically. Gah.

That can't be right, they wouldn't give you worse resolution streaming for more expensive plan. If so, bah.

I figure they probably just screwed up transferring the info to the new plans, and it's 'HD' (throttled to 1080p is Sprint's definition) for the lower one and 'Full HD' (unthrottled) for the higher one - but who knows?

It's interesting to see that the premium plan is upgraded to Tidal Hi-Fi, too. Wish they'd have upgraded Hulu to the no-commercial version instead, though!

astral fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 7, 2019

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I was they would just knock off like 5$ off a commercial free plan, but if you currently have that plan they are clear in telling you that your SOL

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
10 years of sprint and I'm finally gone as soon as my new sim shows up.

Whatever band they use (41?) was hot garbage indoors, speed tests at home 1.45 down 2.5 up...

Speed tests crossing the brooklyn bridge, 98.1/9.5...which would be great if I lived and worked exclusively outdoors.

I'll miss RCS (even though I've only had it active one whole time since they flipped it on)...I won't miss everyone asking me if I'm currently underwater in a cave (volte my rear end)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

10 years of sprint and I'm finally gone as soon as my new sim shows up.

Whatever band they use (41?) was hot garbage indoors, speed tests at home 1.45 down 2.5 up...

Speed tests crossing the brooklyn bridge, 98.1/9.5...which would be great if I lived and worked exclusively outdoors.

I'll miss RCS (even though I've only had it active one whole time since they flipped it on)...I won't miss everyone asking me if I'm currently underwater in a cave (volte my rear end)

I've been getting great speeds indoor and out lately. At home it used to be 2-3 Mbps but it's been 7-18 Mbps for a bit now (though I have home internet so it doesn't much matter). The T-Mobile roaming probably helps in a lot of places, too.

Only places I've had terrible speeds recently were a hospital's ground floor and inside a specific Staples.

Glad you found something that worked better for you though!

edit: Did you have Wifi calling enabled on your account? If so, HD Voice features are disabled for - apparently - some sort of technical reason. I read that to get HD Voice back you have to fully remove Wifi calling from your account.

astral fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

astral posted:

Glad you found something that worked better for you though!

edit: Did you have Wifi calling enabled on your account? If so, HD Voice features are disabled for - apparently - some sort of technical reason. I read that to get HD Voice back you have to fully remove Wifi calling from your account.

I had the gvoice integration which was really the main thing that kept me with them so long, so I think I had to do something with disabling wifi calling related to that once they killed that feature (it's been a minute). Enabling it my current phone kicks this fun sprint only bug where it constantly loses GPS location for 911 and prompts for that every now and then when using it.

I actually never noticed the HD voice thing pop up when volte would show up, kind of assumed that being on volte enabled that automatically. Wifi calling despite having a 200 down connection at home has been hot garbage quality wise for 3 generations of phones for me at this point.

Thanks to the recommend thread I jumped on a prepaid vzw plan that comes out cheaper then my current postpaid sprint monthly (the unlimited freedom thing) but is 15 gigs a month...Looking at my data usage the heaviest I've gone has been 8 on sprint. Kinda kicking myself for not considering prepaid over post once I started getting unlocked devices and contracts went away. I'm sure even the scrub prepaid tier of customer service is ahead of sprints CSRs who are incredibly useless.

Honestly just excited to have people hear me over the phone, fingers crossed. Not sure why I didn't do this earlier. It sure as hell wasn't for the lame hulu thing they offer!