Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

surely gbs is the easiest beat because all you need to do is just hammer the probation button until the reports are cleared.
It used to be real annoying because they were the single whiniest group of people on the site but everyone's chilled a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Somfin posted:

Someone moderates GWS.

Someone moderates FYAD.

Someone moderates YOSPOS.

Someone moderates TCC.

Someone moderates GIP.

Someone moderates YLLS.

Someone moderates E/N.

Someone moderates CD.

Someone moderates ADTRW.

Seriously the way this place works I'm pretty sure the only easy beat is QCS.

Goon Meets is so slow I think it still says Calamity Kate as mod

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The hiking and camping subforum has like 12 regular posters, so it's gotta be ridiculously easy to moderate. I bet it gets less than 1 report a month or something.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Leperflesh posted:

The hiking and camping subforum has like 12 regular posters, so it's gotta be ridiculously easy to moderate. I bet it gets less than 1 report a month or something.

I think I handed 2 or 3 6ers since it was created, and that was all within like a week when a raid was attempted that never took off. I was just having fun posting gifs to the leper's colony.

poo poo, I don't even post lately, I just visit and read then leave.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I just realised how much of a sense of place SA has, how much history the different subforums have, how their cultures have shifted over time (often in response to each other)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Something Awful is cool and good and my friend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

I think I handed 2 or 3 6ers since it was created, and that was all within like a week when a raid was attempted that never took off. I was just having fun posting gifs to the leper's colony.

poo poo, I don't even post lately, I just visit and read then leave.
Here's how little Take a Hike has to be moderated: I didn't even know it had an IK until you said this.

edit: And there's a good chance I made you IK, too

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Protip: Climbing Mt Everest is cool and good even if you need oxygen bottles at sea level.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Somfin posted:

Seriously the way this place works I'm pretty sure the only easy beat is QCS.

Well until Amethyst decides someone should be unbanned anyway.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I dunno, it seems like QCS is a forum that consists entirely of goons having normal ones, when it's not the unifying goon activity of complaining about radium.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I'd honestly assume that the hobby subforums are quieter mod beats than QCS. Maybe not the ones that have politics/Current Events threads, but, like, has anything really messy and explosive ever happened in GWS? The sagas there all seem pretty charming (LARP guy/chili guy/chickencheese), but maybe I'm missing huge undercurrents of backbiting, I dunno.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's a forum for goons dedicated to talking about food.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I'd honestly assume that the hobby subforums are quieter mod beats than QCS. Maybe not the ones that have politics/Current Events threads, but, like, has anything really messy and explosive ever happened in GWS? The sagas there all seem pretty charming (LARP guy/chili guy/chickencheese), but maybe I'm missing huge undercurrents of backbiting, I dunno.

GWS indirectly gave me a man making chicken cheese with a shotgun and the chili thread that blew up in OP's face, just for that it's alright in my book

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Something Awful is cool and good and my friend.

e: the fact that PI is such a dramabomb says the most, in my opinion.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 10:10 on Mar 22, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I literally don't even know what happened in PI, besides at least one bad mod and some kind of byzantine drama that resulted in most or all of the regs from 5-10 years ago vanishing to offsites and/or ripping the poo poo out of each other, all for no clear reason. So, uh, if anyone knows what happened there, help?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dunno specifically but Animal People are loving weird and I don’t mean furries.

Also, I think DnD has to take the cake for hardest to mod, look at the mod count there vs anywhere but GBS and FYAD. Vilerat aside rip.

Vilerat being the op of “crazy political email forwards” and then becoming the subject of thousands upon thousands of crazy political email forwards, facebook shares, and twitter posts is a real punch in the gut saga.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Mar 22, 2019

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gbs and DnD generate so many reports compared to the rest except maybe games. DnD by its nature world be the worst by far imo

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

Gbs and DnD generate so many reports compared to the rest except maybe games. DnD by its nature world be the worst by far imo

Why can't we all just get along?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Antivehicular posted:

Nah, it's pretty chill. 99.9% of my modding in there is dropping the occasional probe on someone who's too drunk to fake coherency. We have Opinions on beans in chili, but last time that came up I ran an Iron Chef competition and told people to express their opinion in the form of a bowl of loving chili.

It went really well, and I was a little overwhelmed at how much effort people put in. We had sixteen entries.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Nah, it's pretty chill. 99.9% of my modding in there is dropping the occasional probe on someone who's too drunk to fake coherency. We have Opinions on beans in chili, but last time that came up I ran an Iron Chef competition and told people to express their opinion in the form of a bowl of loving chili.

Okay, I am literally stealing this idea for my Emotional and Social Development class, but they'll be feelings sandwiches. Thanks for the idea!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Write it up and come make a thread, people will love it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
pet island is drama? i thought it was nice

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

sneakyfrog posted:

pet island is drama? i thought it was nice

Nah, piss off Pet Island and they're like rabid... well they get really loving pissed off.

Especially if you make a post that proves you neglect your fur baby.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I remember a thread in PI where someone wanted to buy pet rabbits (buns, you must call them buns), but also owned dogs and cats and people (perhaps correctly, I don't know) flipped out about having those animals in the same home.

edit:
Thinking about it, they're probably correct. I saw my buddy's mostly housebound Yorkshire terrier tear off and kill a baby bunny in their backyard once, and he said he didn't even think their dog had ever seen a rabbit before.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 14:01 on Mar 22, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They had rabbits and got a terrier, then returned it and got a poodle, I think. Something like that, the rabbits were first and the dogs were apparently interchangeable. Which is quite bad. Prey animals like rabbits have really strong stress responses to things like wolves for obvious rear end reasons. Being constantly around a dog, even ignoring how physically safe their environment is, even ignoring how dogs themselves will often get triggered by seeing prey animals, the rabbits will see/smell/hear that they are near something that will murder them for fun and fan develop conditions or just straight up have heart attacks from the fear.

It was basically goon in the well version 100000.0

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i just post in the foster thread, most folks who post there are nice, and super dope folks

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Pet Island did go HAM on that one guy who gave up his dogs for WoW or something? I can't remember the exact story, I just remember there being two beautiful dogs, and then there were none and then there was angry Pet Island.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some Pet Island people get super mad when people don't pet own exactly the way they believe, even if what the other person is doing is okay.

It's just a goon thing I guess because the same applies to watching movies, reading books, enjoying sports, or playing games.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fau is the rabbit expert but lmao at Goons failing the farmer with his grain and chicken riddle irl

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Didn’t PI also flip out on the woman raising rabbits for meat so she moved her thread to GWS? Or am I misremembering the first part?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

waah posted:

Pet Island did go HAM on that one guy who gave up his dogs for WoW or something? I can't remember the exact story, I just remember there being two beautiful dogs, and then there were none and then there was angry Pet Island.

That’s wojtek, who is such a wow addict he tried to skip out on his wife giving birth to play WoW. And yeah, he bought two wonderful big dogs but they cut into his WoW time so they had to go.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

It's just a goon thing I guess because the same applies to watching movies, reading books, enjoying sports, or playing games.

All of SA is a effort to discuss the minmax technique for Thing. Whatever Thing is. Guns, drugs, pets, fiction of all stripes, food, politics, self-image, exercise, and more. Some Goons get real mad at even the unintentional implication that their enjoyment of Thing is suboptimal.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pet Island also, I think, gave us the guy that used infrared hadokens to kill his parrots?
(Set a heater too high and baked them to death)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Arivia posted:

That’s wojtek, who is such a wow addict he tried to skip out on his wife giving birth to play WoW. And yeah, he bought two wonderful big dogs but they cut into his WoW time so they had to go.

Queen Elizatits' response was so loving good. I wish I wasn't on my work laptop so I could find the bookmark.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also there was an (offsite I think?) dude who killed his girlfriend’s bird as some kind of petty revenge and then acted super coy about how it was totally an accident.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Pet Island also, I think, gave us the guy that used infrared hadokens to kill his parrots?
(Set a heater too high and baked them to death)

That was a mod I think too?

I'm not sure if it was the same mod who farted so much their parrot would just make fart sounds all day, or if it was the same bird.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

That was a mod I think too?

I'm not sure if it was the same mod who farted so much their parrot would just make fart sounds all day, or if it was the same bird.

I'm sad about the spiteful birdmurder, but the parrot farting is too funny...

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also there was an (offsite I think?) dude who killed his girlfriend’s bird as some kind of petty revenge and then acted super coy about how it was totally an accident.

I think you're thinking of the girl who killed her boyfriends pet bird from the r/relationships thread.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
One of the better PI threads was the "Tell me about buying a Maremma sheepdog for my inner city apartment" and this OP was insistent that she wanted a Maremma sheepdog, despite literally everyone telling her it was a bad idea.

For context, Maremma's are basically wolf fighters and livestock guards. They have tons of energy and need tons of space to roam. The OP just ignored all the concerns, got a Maremma, and shortly after was found posting on other forums trying to re-home it as it was getting aggressive and becoming difficult to handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That was r/relationships where he tried to claim he stepped on a cockatoo in the middle of the night and it died. No one believed him.