Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Farm Frenzy posted:

nobody own me if this is incorrect: brexit day has been moved back to april 11 regardless of if may gets the votes on her deal

yes and then it becomes locked in once may doesn't get her deal by the original exit date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yes and then it becomes locked in once may doesn't get her deal by the original exit date

feeling a lil heady here

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmbo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Unless there's a massive political change...

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This is current as of 4 minutes ago, meaning it's probably changed already

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1109094644917374976

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need the economy to be destroyed so that my student debt evaporates. please dont ruin this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CactusWeasle posted:

I've seen a lot of flowcharts over the last few months but I don't think they have been representing what has actually happened very well.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Unless there's a massive political change...

in a week?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've seen a lot of flowcharts over the last few months but I don't think they have been representing what has actually happened very well.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the moral of the above flowchart is that all options lead to BREXIT

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What century did the "Heorin Epidemic" take place?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Squalid posted:

I know May's deal is terrible and bad but given no deal has pretty much been the only alternative for months I admit if I were British I'd want Labour to vote for it. I know that's bad politics but I seeing estimates like no deal will cut 6% of GDP growth in the following 12 months. You are on the brink of inducing a recession worse than the Great Financial crisis for no reason. Like I know it sucks that the British public are being held hostage by racist maniacs but you still can't just shoot the hostages yourself.

you can and should and the hostages will tell you the same

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I'm the Ziggurat of Ur Stargates

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

There's now time to do a no confidence vote without May using it to run down the clock

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I'm the Ziggurat of Ur Stargates

hello, im the something awful visit ⬅️sword dance➡️ mystery machine

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tarbrush posted:

There's now time to do a no confidence vote without May using it to run down the clock

have you considered that a majority of your parliament is okay with no-deal brexit if not actively in its favor

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

tarbrush posted:

yeah, so a week to hold a GE

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I love these guys

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-47662526/brexit-three-moments-that-raised-a-smile

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Raskolnikov38 posted:

have you considered that a majority of your parliament is okay with no-deal brexit if not actively in its favor

Well, one of the things they specifically voted against was no deal, and her majority is literally five MPs. All they need is the DUP or the Tory tiggers and two others or the ERG to flip on her.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Spangly A posted:

I reckon someone would cobble together a national government for two weeks in favour of EFTA/second referendum.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tarbrush posted:

Well, one of the things they specifically voted against was no deal, and her majority is literally five MPs. All they need is the DUP or the Tory tiggers and two others or the ERG to flip on her.

The dup is not flipping

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tarbrush posted:

All they need is the DUP or the Tory tiggers and two others or the ERG to flip on her.

i know this are dire times but perhaps preparing your stockpile instead of engaging in fantasy is a better use of the 2 weeks remaining

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

I think the honorable thing for the english to do is to deny their programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw no deal.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Spangly A posted:

i think, heavy emphasis on think, the EU would give a longer extension if a GE was called rather than demanding it be held before the 29th

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1109078337018888192
https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1109084146440331265

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

CactusWeasle posted:

Double elimination, but we want to go through the losers bracket. Got it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao gently caress IT THROW EVERYTHING AT THE GODDAMN WALL

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Labour members are more likely to flip than DUP. DUP want no deal brexit because it reinforces the glory of the empire and secures Northern Ireland's future within it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

spraying brexit wildly in all directions, hoping it hits something, anything, useful

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

fixed

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i know this are dire times but perhaps preparing your stockpile instead of engaging in fantasy is a better use of the 2 weeks remaining

I've already stockpiled. I have nothing but longshot fantasies to occupy myself

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Am I correct in guessing the idea of revoking article 50 is not even on the table, because it would solidify the view that the UK is weak and needs the EU ?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

Am I correct in guessing the idea of revoking article 50 is not even on the table, because it would solidify the view that the UK is weak and needs the EU ?

it apparently will be and loving lol if it won

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I thought May's deal can't even come up for yet another vote

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if its included with votes on a bunch fo other brexit options it will be allowed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

While disappointed I appear to have lost my march 29 brexit bet, this has high comedy potential.

just revoke article 50 you morons

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The ERG and lots of only mostly insane tories have already blown their tops at the thought of indicative votes. So, probably not going to happen unless parliament does it themselves

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lol just lol at British stockpiles. It's like one bulk order of beans and toilet paper from Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I suppose there is the actual, genuine issue of ignoring a democratic referendum, and pissing off 17.4 million people, were they to do the actual smart and sensible thing and revoke.

On the other hand, lol