Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
"adjusted" lol poo poo still sucks but at least the release date sticks i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

at least Judgement is still going to make it on time

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
free pierre taki

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

free pierre taki

They are freeing him of the incredible burden of being in a video game that's already "in the can".

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Disney scrubbing him from Frozen

https://japantoday.com/category/ent...llout-continues

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fixed link: https://japantoday.com/category/ent...llout-continues

Figured they would, like I alluded to earlier, Disney France redubbed a sizeable stack of their French movies in the 90s due to them wanting to gently caress over one of the voice actors, which makes people who grew up in the 70s-early 90s who are nostalgic for the dub they grew up with poo poo out of luck officially. Disney is big enough and has an entire side company exclusively for handling their main dubs (Disney Character Voices International), and paying $750k for a new dub of something is peanuts compared to even "small" legal issues, given their size and reach. However, there's a :filez: scene not unlike what happened with the Star Wars OT, for French speakers trying to preserve specific French dubs Disney has disowned (they even recovered a thought-lost Snow White dub from its original French release in the late 1930's).

Glad I imported the Japanese Blu-rays back when they were released.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

univbee posted:

Fixed link: https://japantoday.com/category/ent...llout-continues

Figured they would, like I alluded to earlier, Disney France redubbed a sizeable stack of their French movies in the 90s due to them wanting to gently caress over one of the voice actors, which makes people who grew up in the 70s-early 90s who are nostalgic for the dub they grew up with poo poo out of luck officially. Disney is big enough and has an entire side company exclusively for handling their main dubs (Disney Character Voices International), and paying $750k for a new dub of something is peanuts compared to even "small" legal issues, given their size and reach. However, there's a :filez: scene not unlike what happened with the Star Wars OT, for French speakers trying to preserve specific French dubs Disney has disowned (they even recovered a thought-lost Snow White dub from its original French release in the late 1930's).

Glad I imported the Japanese Blu-rays back when they were released.

Meanwhile, Kevin Spacey is still the villain voice in Bug's Life. Jeffrey Tambor is still a small voice in Tangled. C'mon, Disney. If you're gonna scrub a guy for doing a little cocaine, let's also get rid of the sex pests.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I refuse to believe Majima doesn't use cocaine the way most people use table salt

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
got Kiwami 1 on ps plus free last month. Powered through that than 0 in about 2 weeks. About to head into Kiwami 2.

Two key takeaways:

lol at goons not being able to play Outrun

Kiryu is just Goku and Hank Hill combined into one being. I am 100% correct on this

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

precision posted:

I refuse to believe Majima doesn't use cocaine the way most people use table salt
he absolutely does not he's just like that

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It took me a few tries but I finally got the 5 million necessary for Outrun. I took the L against the Media King's disco dancing, though, could not beat him worth a drat.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The best thing about each Challenge is that they dont really cost you much in the long run, win or lose. I mean sure it'll take some time but if you're at Media, then it's pretty negligible and probably trivial in your quest to max out every property.

That said, gently caress the Gambling King's challenge.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

widespread posted:

The best thing about each Challenge is that they dont really cost you much in the long run, win or lose. I mean sure it'll take some time but if you're at Media, then it's pretty negligible and probably trivial in your quest to max out every property.

That said, gently caress the Gambling King's challenge.

I won the Gambling King's on the first go, guess I got lucky.

But yeah, good advice is that gaining 10% or losing 10% of your territory means essentially nothing, it's way less bad than losing an expensive property in a money fight, for comparison. I think at worst it costs you an extra 5-10 minutes of grinding, not even really worth reloading to try again.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Gambling King's is pure RNG. One of the fighters has an instakill move that triggers at low HP. Pick her and hope for the best. I lucked out and won on my first try.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
It's rock paper scissors, but stacked in your favor. Since it's just one fight, look for a matchup where you can pick the person that's the best counter for the other person's strongest attack. Like if a person has a strong Rock attack and weak other things, and they're fighting someone with a strong paper attack, that's an easy choice and you just keep having the person use paper.

It's a bit of RNG, but it's more like 90 win/10 lose if you pick the right fighter and have them do the statistically right thing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Has anyone posted this yet?

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1109077533121613827

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I'm glad we're getting the game but man all this erasure and replacement is super creepy

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dom is Here posted:

Kiryu is just Goku and Hank Hill combined into one being.

:piss:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Carlosologist posted:

in 4 it takes like 10 seconds to turn Kiryu back into a monster after a long layoff, just goes to show just how strong he is

Doing New Game+ in Kiwami was hilarious.

Majima: Kiryu, you are weak and soft, fight me and I'll prove it!
Kiryu one-inch punches Majima in the gut and sends him flying 50 meters into a wall
Kiryu: drat, I have gotten soft in the last 10 years

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm glad we're getting it on the original release date. It definitely sucks that drugs make you lose your entire legacy. That's just crazy.

Gonna preorder it if there's a spend $100 get $15 deal soon or just grab it a week before.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hR6vLGwipY

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
hmmm

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

finishing up kiwami and i can't decide whether to play kiwami 2, 6 or fotns next

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

We did it little buddy...

Brother Entropy posted:

finishing up kiwami and i can't decide whether to play kiwami 2, 6 or fotns next

Play them in the order you listed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

Play 6, then FOTNS

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

wow that fight with jingu and his two goons sucked rear end

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Kiwami isn’t great but I forgive it a LOT because of the climactic battle bringing tears to my eyes

0, k2 and 6 are better games overall but k1’s boss battle has yet to be beat

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 24, 2019

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

that's a turkey

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm sure the chase system in 3 was pretty good in an it's-2009-and-this-is-the-first-installment-on-PS3 sort of way but it suuucks

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The version in Judgment is sooooo much better, but man old chases sucked and I'm glad they stopped doing them for the most part.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm sure the chase system in 3 was pretty good in an it's-2009-and-this-is-the-first-installment-on-PS3 sort of way but it suuucks

I liked it :kiddo:

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I beat Kiwami after it came out on PC and now I'm hoping that Sega eventually releases the rest of the games on PC so I don't have to get a PS4 for Yakuza.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's technically the second installment since Kenzan came out first

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Brother Entropy posted:

K2 is the best game in the series

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

K2 is the best game in the series

What the gently caress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I Before E posted:

What the gently caress

I don’t think this is a controversial opinion?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I think zero and k2 are tied for best in series, they're equally great in different ways.

but yeah if k2 isn't at least a close second i don't know what's going on with you, i think you might need to talk to someone.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Casull posted:

I beat Kiwami after it came out on PC and now I'm hoping that Sega eventually releases the rest of the games on PC so I don't have to get a PS4 for Yakuza.

God forbid you buy the primary platform the series is made for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no they said they already have a pc