Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Queen Elizatits' response was so loving good. I wish I wasn't on my work laptop so I could find the bookmark.

I got you, McGurl! Link goes straight to that post, but the whole thread's worth a read. Watching the mood shift from "aww, sorry you have to give up your dogs" to Elizatits dropping that atom bomb was incredible.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610831&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post426212298

Also, we mere mortals got a glimpse of what mods-only forum threads look like thanks to that thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611265

Both are goldmined, so all y'all should be able to see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Picnic Princess posted:

That was r/relationships where he tried to claim he stepped on a cockatoo in the middle of the night and it died. No one believed him.

one of my favourite things about the r/relationships thread is people constantly glossing over the actual genders of the people in the stories

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ulex minor posted:

one of my favourite things about the r/relationships thread is people constantly glossing over the actual genders of the people in the stories
The sub is 90 percent women posting about their very abusive boyfriends or husbands, it's an understandable mistake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

an overdue owl posted:

I think you're thinking of the girl who killed her boyfriends pet bird from the r/relationships thread.

No, it was definitely a Pet Island mod because it's one of the lines in the Triticum Parisian catacombs post.

quote:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Aphrodite posted:

No, it was definitely a Pet Island mod because it's one of the lines in the Triticum Parisian catacombs post.

i think you're both talking about different things - the cockatoo stepping and the overheated mod bird death are different stories. there's just a whole lot of bird death going around.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The sub is 90 percent women posting about their very abusive boyfriends or husbands, it's an understandable mistake.

i suppose! but people could just read. it's like it takes half a page for most posters to realise when there's a gay couple

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's extremely easy for humans to kill birds, and in this way we will stop the new rise of the dinosaurs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
people who discard dogs make me irrationally angry. they need work sure but they are good pals :smithfrog:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

sneakyfrog posted:

people who discard dogs make me irrationally angry. they need work sure but they are good pals :smithfrog:

My coworker gave away her fiancees puppy and got a lizard.

He had deployed overseas and "the dog was just too much work"

I took in his cat which was scheduled to be put down because "I hate that cat"

I took in the chunk and she's the happiest drat cat

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
normally I don't advocate disposing of your significant other while deployed as its a lovely thing to do but welp

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Man, I raided with Woj in Cataclysm and he was a grade-a dick, on a level of dick that even 2011/12 goons could only aspire to be, really, which is a shame because as far as a poster went, he was pretty okay with his Wrestlehut 2000/Punchsport/Ringsports posts. Raiding with him though he was a complete loving knob and spent so much time lording over his achievement points in the game.

When I found out about the dogs, I wasn't surprised in the least bit, especially after the part where he was insisting on playing and raiding from the hospital, complaining about the hospital internet, while his wife was mid-labor.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

sneakyfrog posted:

normally I don't advocate disposing of your significant other while deployed as its a lovely thing to do but welp

She got rid of all his pets

Cheated on him while he was gone

Told him he cheated on him while he was gone

And he still came back and married her.

Truly the foundation of a long last I relationship

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
…. was my first wife your coworker?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Len posted:

She got rid of all his pets

Cheated on him while he was gone

Told him he cheated on him while he was gone

And he still came back and married her.

Truly the foundation of a long last I relationship

Is he where the first spine that was donated to Lowtax came from?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pentyne posted:

One of the better PI threads was the "Tell me about buying a Maremma sheepdog for my inner city apartment" and this OP was insistent that she wanted a Maremma sheepdog, despite literally everyone telling her it was a bad idea.

For context, Maremma's are basically wolf fighters and livestock guards. They have tons of energy and need tons of space to roam. The OP just ignored all the concerns, got a Maremma, and shortly after was found posting on other forums trying to re-home it as it was getting aggressive and becoming difficult to handle.

Maremmas aren't house pet-type dogs and are bred to have an overpowering drive to imprint on things to obsessively guard them from danger. She left it in their small yard because it was playing rough with her autistic son, so it imprinted on a tree and in lieu of wolves or coyotes to pile drive to death it ripped out all the bushes around the tree.

Aphrodite posted:

It was Pile of Kittens, if I remeber right. They modded PI for a short stint and probated a FYAD poster for earnestly asking questions about chickens in the chicken question thread, so FYAD pointed out PoK roasted a sick parrot to death by putting it too close to a space heater.

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Mar 22, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I think I need links to the Pet Island horrorshows that you guys are talking about

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Maremmas aren't house pet-type dogs and are bred to have an overpowering drive to imprint on things to obsessively guard them from danger. She left it in their small yard because it was playing rough with her autistic son, so it imprinted on a tree and in lieu of wolves or coyotes to pile drive to death it ripped out all the bushes around the tree.

It was Pile of Kittens, if I remeber right. They modded PI for a short stint and probated a FYAD poster for earnestly asking questions about chickens in the chicken question thread, so FYAD pointed out PoK roasted a sick parrot to death by putting it too close to a space heater.

Wasnt that the mod who also got super pissed that her 8 year old nephew couldn't take proper care of her chickens and blamed him for them getting injured?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3090725

sheepdog thread

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the ask me about chickens

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417601&pagenumber=87&perpage=40#post414336377

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pentyne posted:

Wasnt that the mod who also got super pissed that her 8 year old nephew couldn't take proper care of her chickens and blamed him for them getting injured?

That was the chicken thead's OP, I think. They had a rooster named "Megatron".

Anyway, the Maremma thing and the chicken thread/bird roasting are the only real "fun" bits of PI drama. The rest is just what you'd expect from the Venn Diagram overlap of goony hobbyist posters and online animal fanatics.

The extremely gay Ohio farmer who went from 0 to 4 cats in about a year was heartwarming though.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
only goonpiles i have seen in PI have been people being dicks to their animals, or completely ignoring the good advice they are being given and start getting chirpy or sarcastic to the folks trying to help.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Lmao after all that bullshit people are like please ban this stupid OP. Then some goon comes out with:

"You guys know backseat modding is probatable too, right?"

God this place really did suck.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh theres always gonna be some sniveler :shrug:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ulex minor posted:

i think you're both talking about different things - the cockatoo stepping and the overheated mod bird death are different stories. there's just a whole lot of bird death going around.

i suppose! but people could just read. it's like it takes half a page for most posters to realise when there's a gay couple

I’m actually a gay dude and so i assume lovely partners are men by default!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nuns with Guns posted:

The extremely gay Ohio farmer who went from 0 to 4 cats in about a year was heartwarming though.

That was criscodisco, right? I remember that thread. Extremely cute.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The single most insane thread was the dude who went to E/N to complain that the cell phone he snuck into the shower in order to film his sister malfunctioned. Like he makes a thread, goes into detail about his plan and how disappointed he was it failed and then expected goons to pat him on the back and say "It's okay"

That also led to the most intense mod challenge of all time when I THINK Axemaniac showed up to reveal he had the dude's info and would call his family if he didn't promise to get therapy.

What a rollercoaster.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

One of the better PI threads was the "Tell me about buying a Maremma sheepdog for my inner city apartment" and this OP was insistent that she wanted a Maremma sheepdog, despite literally everyone telling her it was a bad idea.

For context, Maremma's are basically wolf fighters and livestock guards. They have tons of energy and need tons of space to roam. The OP just ignored all the concerns, got a Maremma, and shortly after was found posting on other forums trying to re-home it as it was getting aggressive and becoming difficult to handle.

Don't forget the follow-up, where someone found her posting on another forum. "Help, my sheepdog is trying to eat my children." It was full of everything Goons had told her was going to happen.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

The single most insane thread was the dude who went to E/N to complain that the cell phone he snuck into the shower in order to film his sister malfunctioned. Like he makes a thread, goes into detail about his plan and how disappointed he was it failed and then expected goons to pat him on the back and say "It's okay"

That also led to the most intense mod challenge of all time when I THINK Axemaniac showed up to reveal he had the dude's info and would call his family if he didn't promise to get therapy.

What a rollercoaster.

Peak E/N in the 2000s was something special, because 8chan Reddit and all the other creep hugboxes hadnt really developed yet so you got people so tone deaf they were posting whiny screeds about god awful reprehensible stuff and expecting to get support and cheers.

That, or like MorallyInept tried to make it their gimmick after outing themself as a dog rapist.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Don't forget the follow-up, where someone found her posting on another forum. "Help, my sheepdog is trying to eat my children." It was full of everything Goons had told her was going to happen.

Holy poo poo lol

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Does anyone actually have a link to the follow up? I can't remember what thread it was in.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sneakyfrog posted:

only goonpiles i have seen in PI have been people being dicks to their animals, or completely ignoring the good advice they are being given and start getting chirpy or sarcastic to the folks trying to help.

Oh don't get me wrong, most of the PI drama was valid-but-milder variations of the Maremma scenario: a goon says they'll do a thing, people reply that it's a dumb idea, goon does it anyway and it goes wrong usually harming an animal/person in the process. It's just that most of it isn't quite as memorable.

Now that I'm thinking about it though there was the time a lady got a "house duck"...

It had to wear duck diapers around the house because ducks have no control over their bowels. The thread died off after the duck hit puberty and she had to give it away because her boyfriend couldn't stand the constant horny quacking. (People warned her that this would happen.) She also managed to accidentally film her cootch when she was in the shower with the duck.

Antivehicular posted:

That was criscodisco, right? I remember that thread. Extremely cute.

Oh, right, that was his name! I think he gave up posting because people wouldn't stop giving him red titles about how he irresponsibly bred his pug years befoe he knew better. :smith:

Funktastic posted:

Does anyone actually have a link to the follow up? I can't remember what thread it was in.

I'm phone posting or I'd link it, but it probably still shows up if you google her username. She used the same one on both SA and the other pet forum.

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Mar 22, 2019

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3284277

The criscodisco thread. So adorable!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh god now i have to read it all again :3:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

OldTennisCourt posted:

What a rollercoaster.

Don't forget that axe maniac turned out to be into some deeply hosed up poo poo himself. Like pictures of women hacked up and turned into toilets and poo poo.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Sometimes I genuinely miss the old pyf awkward sexual encounters thread. The train wrecks that would be posted there were fantastic and wonderful, like the one dude and his "Babushka doll three-way".

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

OldTennisCourt posted:

What a rollercoaster.

Wasn't that Granos?

I've always found AI and CA to be super chill, barring the occasional rapist or racist

e: I am not excusing the occasional rapist/racists and tbh I would welcome more fractious discussions in AI/CA if it had any suppressive effect at all on the frequency of rape/racism

Phy has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Mar 22, 2019

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ai just raised about 1500 for victims of sexual assault recently and its a cool and good place.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

quote:

You know, I hate to admit this, but I knew full well that it was a raccoon in the road. I've been with my partner for over ten years now, and I can't remember the last time I lied.

But at some point around 10 my partner said "Hey, did your friend ever come by?", and I saw an opportunity and lied through my teeth about him possibly being the roadkill.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3284277&userid=49655#post374633187

the absolute best.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nuns with Guns posted:

That was the chicken thead's OP, I think. They had a rooster named "Megatron".
I don't recall the details but the eight year old had to put the rooster down for some reason or other, which led to some altercation with another chicken, I think? Which led to the goon owner freaking the gently caress out at the kid and making them cry because how dare you not be as good at taking care of chickens as I am with my decades of experience

This is why I don't watch the egg hatching chickam stuff they do anymore.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

ai just raised about 1500 for victims of sexual assault recently and its a cool and good place.

Oh, agreed. I figured if I had only said "AI and CA are super chill" like I was originally gonna, someone else would have brought it up, and I'm sorry if I've at all misrepresented AI through not being able to write as well as I'd like. And I totally missed about the fundraiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
nah its cool, i just like how that was the reaction as opposed to something lovely like some other places.