Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I like this patch except for the AWM one shotting level 2 vest, that thing should take you out of the game if you get shot in the head, sure, but it's way too easy to hit the chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Red Red Blue posted:

I like this patch except for the AWM one shotting level 2 vest, that thing should take you out of the game if you get shot in the head, sure, but it's way too easy to hit the chest

I agree with you but I actually don't think I mind the change too much. It's a super rare gun.

The patch is really great. Glad to see they are finally listening. If they remove red zones I am going to laugh maniacally. Greene leaves the team officially and all of a sudden they start listening to the community that plays the game and promotes it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Red Red Blue posted:

lol I thought the body shot increase would make it oneshot level 1 vests, but oneshotting a head or any body not protected by a level 3 vest is ridiculous. It's just the Paladin from Call of Duty now.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

lol I thought the body shot increase would make it oneshot level 1 vests, but oneshotting a head or any body not protected by a level 3 vest is ridiculous. It's just the Paladin from Call of Duty now.

The AWM is rare as hell and you have to take a risk to get it. I think they should have dropped the bullets down to 15 along with this change. But I guess I will see how it plays out for a final opinion.

It also already one shot a level 1 vest :shrug:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The AWM is rare as hell and you have to take a risk to get it. I think they should have dropped the bullets down to 15 along with this change. But I guess I will see how it plays out for a final opinion.

It oneshot a level 1 vest up high on the chest, not the entire body. Not all crates are risky, either, since sometimes you just stumble upon an unlooted crate that no one was around to see and now you have an instagib weapon.

e: Put it another way - there is no weapon I would want in the crate over the AWM that oneshots most targets, including the M249 aka the most fun gun in the game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

e: Put it another way - there is no weapon I would want in the crate over the AWM that oneshots most targets, including the M249 aka the most fun gun in the game.

It was also undoubtedly the best gun in the game before this buff. Being able to one shot a level 3 helmet is insanely good. Every time I go to a crate I want an AWM.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I feel like the AWM already had more than enough reward for the risk, level 3 vests are pretty rare

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I find unlooted crates with AWMs all the time, this patch sounds completely miserable. I don't think being rare justifies being bodyshot instantly if you don't have a level 3 vest.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Lmao, why did pubg steal the 20th century fox logo for their second anniversary

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

We're all fools. We all read it as #FIXPUBG, when in reality that was a typo and it was actually #FOXPUBG. Well that's one mystery solved.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mischievous Mink posted:

I find unlooted crates with AWMs all the time

No you don't.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It should 10 bullets, not 15 if it's going to be a one shot down for L2 vests. Every shot should be a risk - and unless you get a very early AWM, it's unlikely you're going going to run out of ammo unless you're either a terrible sniper or the circle is very, very strange.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

No you don't.

ok?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It seems really strange to rebalance the SMGs for no real reason. Yes they are adding the mp5k in, but it’s only for one map. Now you’re re-balancing the SMGs but making them weaker, and adding more AR spawns on the map. SMGs were already largely forgettable, if you are going to bother balancing them at all it should be to make them stronger and seen more in the end game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VulgarandStupid posted:

It seems really strange to rebalance the SMGs for no real reason. Yes they are adding the mp5k in, but it’s only for one map. Now you’re re-balancing the SMGs but making them weaker, and adding more AR spawns on the map. SMGs were already largely forgettable, if you are going to bother balancing them at all it should be to make them stronger and seen more in the end game.

Entirely agree. I enjoy map specific guns but the SMG's are forgettable once you find M4/AK/Beryl/Scar. And with the buff to the M16, the QBU/SKS might become forgettable as well.

Outlier: There are a decent amount of players that enjoy playing with SMG's because of recoil. Not saying that's a good choice... but they exist.

Still waiting for: dynamic blue zones on Erangel/Miramar and Vikendi along with removing ambient loving wind noise on Vikendi. Vikendi sucks.

Random idea: Make AR's easy to find but the AR attachments really rare? The difference between a bare M4 and a loaded out M4 is crazy good, but who doesn't have a fully kitted M4 by mid game? Same goes for Beryl... an end attachment on the AK is super helpful as well.. This might bump up the value in an SMG...

There are usually like 1-2 AWM's per map on average. Sometimes none! A crate has a 20% chance to contain an AWM. So I guess you are just getting super lucky finding crates with AWM's in them all the time.

Honestly think about how many time you have been killed by an AWM. It's not a lot, because the gun is super rare.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

actually the only times i die are because of people who are cheating and shooting me with awps through walls

big problem in the game imo

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Salean posted:

actually the only times i die are because of people who are cheating and shooting me with awps through walls

big problem in the game imo

Are you sure you aren't playing csgo? :v:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I got a desert map in quick join, patch is good

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
PUBG is finally good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chair In A Basket posted:

PUBG is finally good.

Did you die third today in a game on Miramar that chocoTaco won?

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
4th. Last shot wanged me in the head as I was getting to cover.

then choco shames the guy by winning with a revolver.

gonna get to that end boss one day

Chair In A Basket fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 29, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The sniper damage change is laughably bad, the Kar does 80% damage on a level 1 vest so an AR hit kills, and a Kar body shot kills on an unboosted enemy.

I said "rip NDP" in choco's chat when you died.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I can't see the sniper rifle change not getting rolled back unless they make them far rarer in general.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hooplah posted:

I got a desert map in quick join, patch is good

Been playing Miramar all week with only a 1 minute wait. Before the patch, even! Did they improve the matching algorithms, or is it just players returning in anticipation of the patch?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
lol. I die to an AWM every 5th game, so it's not that rare. Get in the top 10 and at least 2 people have one. I am a neck/chest shot master and suck at headshots so I appreciate this change.

UMP went from being my baby SCAR to being a piece of poo poo Tommy Gun. Harrumph.

I haven't shot the 9mm Vector yet, but this whole change is extremely bizarre after a work-related 2 week absence to the game.

Losing the poo poo-rear end flare gun/24-7 airplanes seems good though.

Killing choco is easy
https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdTriangularPoxCharlieBitMe

All you have to do is get extremely lucky

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Been playing Miramar all week with only a 1 minute wait. Before the patch, even! Did they improve the matching algorithms, or is it just players returning in anticipation of the patch?

FPP na solo it's been impossible to get into a miramar game for months. Apparently they changed the algorithm for making new quick match rounds.

I went looking for the mention in the patch notes and I guess it was actually in a separate patch ten days ago, I just hadn't tried using quick join until now

quote:

Improved functionality to better distribute players across all maps when using Quick Join.
Players will now be distributed into multiple different maps more consistently.
Previously, when selecting Quick Join, matchmaking would heavily favor matching players into the most commonly selected maps.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hooplah posted:

FPP na solo it's been impossible to get into a miramar game for months.

I know, same in EU, that's why I mentioned that it's now possible.
Vikendi was even inaccessible in the previous couple of weeks, here.

Thanks for finding the patch notes, that's a very welcome improvement (and I don't understand how they can keep loving up the most basic things...)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ether Frenzy posted:

lol. I die to an AWM every 5th game, so it's not that rare.

lmao you keep telling yourself this. Your last 60 games, of the data available, you have died to an AWM literally zero times. Why do people think the AWM is so prevalent?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Thom P. Tiers posted:

lmao you keep telling yourself this. Your last 60 games, of the data available, you have died to an AWM literally zero times. Why do people think the AWM is so prevalent?

it makes a big scary boom

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Why do people think the AWM is so prevalent?

I hadn't notice that tendency, but it might be because some streamers will go for every drop and pick up a lot of AWMs on-stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4LHYSNwL6k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXg8CynoE30
Twice in one day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiYxvNWYSpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogh6xxR4_fc

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea, if you are watching the best players in the game play 10+ hours a day, you are going to *see* times when they gets two AWM's.

That doesn't make them not rare.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Well if you looked back at the 60 rounds BEFORE those you'd see that he was killed by an AWM every single time, therefore...

And the actual correct way to kill chocoTaco is to carry your duo team to the final 2 alive by getting 10 kills and then pan both choco and his streamer teammate to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oJc-GEjUk0&t=341s

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The smokes were the key. THE SMOKES WERE THE KEY
https://clips.twitch.tv/HandsomeSmoggyTaroPeteZaroll

Also your timestamp is bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oJc-GEjUk0&t=291s

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 31, 2019

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Here's a bad player (me) killing 3 people with an AWM in 20 seconds despite only ever getting an AWM once every 180 games (according to you guys' very established research) -- I let BC have the better gun 2/3rds of the time since I'm a cool guy that way. And this is before changes to body shot damages!

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousMildChinchillaBlargNaut

(we won a dinner on this one too)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The sniper body damage buff is both silly and seemingly was done without any reason.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Definitely not a fan of the AWM one shoting level two vests and even less of a fan of this clanging sound they added when running. What the gently caress is the point of it other than to annoy us?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Bluehole’s game design methodology involves a dartboard littered with ideas no one wants or asked for.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

John DiFool posted:

Bluehole’s game design methodology involves a dartboard littered with ideas no one wants or asked for.

"remove the red zone" is on a sticky note on the back of the dartboard where it is safe from accidental glances

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Jya8keuHs

I did a thing last night that was fun.

I was hoping they would remove the red zone once Greene left the project, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Well played.