Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The F-71 G-Cannon looks better than most actual Gundams, including Unicorn. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Unicorn is legit one of the only good UC protag gundam designs and if you don't like it your brain has been made smooth as original animation RX78

I'm not a particularly big Gundam fan so I wouldn't know man. I'm more into monsters than robots if I'm being honest here. I think the designs I liked best were from Evangelion and those were like nightmare monsters in cyborg suits.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Unicorn is legit one of the only good UC protag gundam designs and if you don't like it your brain has been made smooth as original animation RX78

The Zeta was good too.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Regarding Japanese names, there's a really good YouTube mini series that just finished up explaining each name and its wordplay (or lack of). They even have a native Japanese speaker pronounce each one!

Pokémon Japanese Names Explained

They're also in the process of remastering the English name videos.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kurieg posted:

To be fair it does look better in NT-D mode.

Extremely wrong. A suped up GM with a command fin is a million times better than that SEED-lite abomination.

Also Unicorn is bad, mostly because it's literally fanfic.

In other news, I'm extremely aggravated that the wild Eevee you can catch in Let's Go are always just a level or two above when the Eevolutions learn their best moves. Flare Blitz isn't too bad to miss, and Thunder has a TM, but gently caress Vaporeon I guess.

Also, extremely sad that the game with the better starter misses out on my boy Mankey.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I'm not a particularly big Gundam fan so I wouldn't know man. I'm more into monsters than robots if I'm being honest here. I think the designs I liked best were from Evangelion and those were like nightmare monsters in cyborg suits.

I'm pretty sure the Eva robots are literally monsters in cyborg suits, it's why they go wild and stuff

Well, monsters powered by the souls of dead people

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm pretty sure the Eva robots are literally monsters in cyborg suits, it's why they go wild and stuff

Really juicy monsters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

maybe humans were the real monsters

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
some humans in fact became pocket monsters, like Yamask

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Here's my nuclear hot take for Gundam: G-Savior is the best UC gundam,

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna see stuff like a young psychic pokemon deciding to go on a pokemon journey... as a trainer.

A Kirila in a little cloak trying her best to appear as a young human psychic.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
and then in the final stretch of the journey he evolves into a badass fighter prince (Gallade) and starts cutting up fools left and right

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Pharohman777 posted:

I wanna see stuff like a young psychic pokemon deciding to go on a pokemon journey... as a trainer.

A Kirila in a little cloak trying her best to appear as a young human psychic.

That's what Oranguru do when not running a "juice" bar in the forest.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Extremely wrong. A suped up GM with a command fin is a million times better than that SEED-lite abomination.

Also Unicorn is bad, mostly because it's literally fanfic.

In other news, I'm extremely aggravated that the wild Eevee you can catch in Let's Go are always just a level or two above when the Eevolutions learn their best moves. Flare Blitz isn't too bad to miss, and Thunder has a TM, but gently caress Vaporeon I guess.

Also, extremely sad that the game with the better starter misses out on my boy Mankey.

Is there no Move Relearner in Let's Go? I know we give game freak poo poo for dropping popular features, and with good reason, but they haven't left out the move relearner since it was introduced.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Solumin posted:

Is there no Move Relearner in Let's Go? I know we give game freak poo poo for dropping popular features, and with good reason, but they haven't left out the move relearner since it was introduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dllX5zSrGpE

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Wow that's garbage.

And the location of the move relearner sucks too.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Solumin posted:

Ah, I haven't made it to the league yet. Thanks for the reminder though! WeGetIt will enjoy hydropump for when I clown on the elite 4

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

Dead mothers specifically and piloted by their preteen children. Also lots of christian imagery with no real basis except the director thought it looked cool. It's a series I can appreciate aesthetically and it has some the best lovecraftian creatures I've ever seen but the more I look into it the more I'm just like....a therapist would fix so much of this bullshit.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

dungeon cousin posted:

His Magikarp would like a word.

Thing that was swindled onto him by a conman rather than being befriended naturally

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
:toot:
Continuing my streak of getting a shiny Doduo/Dotrio every time I play a version of Red/Green.
Excuse me while I dash around on a big green bird that is inexplicably one of two Pokemon that get access to Jump Kick.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Flopsy posted:

Dead mothers specifically and piloted by their preteen children. Also lots of christian imagery with no real basis except the director thought it looked cool. It's a series I can appreciate aesthetically and it has some the best lovecraftian creatures I've ever seen but the more I look into it the more I'm just like....a therapist would fix so much of this bullshit.

That was the point.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Flopsy posted:

It's Existentialism 101 with a bunch of psychopathology splattered throughout for flavor. The last episodes of the original series in particular make a lot more sense if you're familiar with Sartre's concept of The Look of which AT-fields are a direct metaphor.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

That was the point.

Uh...yeah I know.

YaketySass posted:

It's Existentialism 101 with a bunch of psychopathology splattered throughout for flavor. The last episodes of the original series in particular make a lot more sense if you're familiar with Sartre's concept of The Look of which AT-fields are a direct metaphor.

Oh I'm fully aware they're taking place within Shinji's subconscious mind and I don't have a problem with what they're referencing, I just have a hard time getting invested in characters who are ultimately doomed.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
All I'm reading from this giant robot conversation in the Pokemon thread is that we need another Pokemon Conquest, only now the Pokemon drive giant robots.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Airspace posted:

All I'm reading from this giant robot conversation in the Pokemon thread is that we need another Pokemon Conquest, only now the Pokemon drive giant robots.

Pacific Rim but with pokemon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Airspace posted:

The right term for that is "Super Robot Wars".

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The right term for that is "Super Robot Wars".

Super Pokemon Wars: The Wrath of Surge

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A world where the Pokemon are mechs instead would be cool for a one-off Anime OVA or something.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

RatHat posted:

A world where the Pokemon are mechs instead would be cool for a one-off Anime OVA or something.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Those are clearly Robot Masters, which would also be cool.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Those are clearly Robot Masters Reploids, which would also be cool.
:colbert:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Have we ever gotten a robot pokemon? "Really" a robot. The Magnetite and Klink families are more a collection of spare parts with eyes than an actual machine. You'd think there'd be something like those Wind-up toy robots.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Magearna is probably the closest, followed by Golurk.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

galagazombie posted:

Have we ever gotten a robot pokemon? "Really" a robot. The Magnetite and Klink families are more a collection of spare parts with eyes than an actual machine. You'd think there'd be something like those Wind-up toy robots.

F-00

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
There's a robot NPC in the Battle Chateau. Maid Julia I think? She has a Skidoo if I'm remembering correctly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

golurk is a robot. also courtney

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Registeel?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Brock

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Isn't Genesect a robot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Isn't Genesect a robot?

Nah he's a cyborg. Still got some meat in that shell. Also I'm fairly sure Metagross is some form of super computer so it's pretty robotic too.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 23, 2019