Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Eh... what? The Time Spiral ones were the actually playable ones!?!

Yeah all the TSP ones except maybe RB saw pretty heavy standard play and I feel like I've seen Reef in Modern before, although it was probably incorrect

A Moose posted:

Depletion counter lands. Burn modern to the ground.

Instructions unclear, reprinted Lava Tubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Buffis posted:

I hope for some new type of fetch-thing like either

{T}, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice LAND: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an Island or Swamp card, put it onto the battlefield, then put all revealed cards at the bottom of your library in a random order.

or

{T}, Sacrifice LAND: Search your library for an Island card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Each opponent gains 1 life.

{T}, Exile LAND: Create a basic Island or Swamp token.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

dragon enthusiast posted:

{T}, Exile LAND: Create a basic Island or Swamp token.

ok this nickel is tapped when it's on heads...

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

like just make it "choose a basic Island or Swamp you own from outside the game and put it on the battlefield"

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
ah, we're making bo3 more like bo1 by cutting down on sideboard space?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lone Goat posted:

like just make it "choose a basic Island or Swamp you own from outside the game and put it on the battlefield"

Unless you want those lands taking up sideboard slots, I think they'd have to update the rules

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Unless you want those lands taking up sideboard slots, I think they'd have to update the rules

sure that's fine

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Elyv posted:

Yeah all the TSP ones except maybe RB saw pretty heavy standard play and I feel like I've seen Reef in Modern before, although it was probably incorrect

Instructions unclear, reprinted Lava Tubes

The UB one sees play in Ad Nauseam, yeah. I don't think I've ever seen any others though. They're mostly commander cards.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

The UB one sees play in Ad Nauseam, yeah. I don't think I've ever seen any others though. They're mostly commander cards.

that's some old tech that nobody uses any more

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

So this week on The Dive Down we interview Ross Merriam, which is super rad. He's incredible sharp. Listen to it.

Stream: https://thedivedown.fireside.fm/14
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-dive-down/id1447762473
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6bQlj5dnv3u1bHdsEprHzp?si=dVOgnBud
Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-dive-down?refid=stpr

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

ShaneB posted:

So this week on The Dive Down we interview Ross Merriam, which is super rad. He's incredible sharp. Listen to it.

does he talk about how communism will win?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

does he talk about how communism will win?

I wish he did

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Magic: Phone edition

quote:

That makes it fitting for a mobile card game that is not trying to recreate the physical card game (and thus won’t be confused with Arena), but instead looks like it will be very much its own unique thing: As Wizards puts it, “quick, competitive, and casual 1v1 battles that can be played anytime, anywhere."

E:

quote:

“This game offers a new take on mobile CCGs by combining opportunistic bluffing and counterplay that delivers unparalleled depth and strategy with true mobile accessibility," McAuliffe said. “Vertical gameplay allows for one-handed use for an even more unique experience in the genre."

"what if we used screen real estate less efficiently than most of our competitors"

Elyv fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 22, 2019

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lol just call it mage-stone

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Lol.

Still don't know how you'd make Magic work on a phone, but still lol.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Elyv posted:

E:

"what if we used screen real estate less efficiently than most of our competitors"

Finally going full Blizzard with the art style.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to level up my Jace with gems,then buy him an alternate outfit with jewels :downs:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
If it's fun and less of a hellgrind than Arena or Duel Links, I'll try it.

Considering this is WotC though, it'll probably be rear end. I'm not saying this to be negative though, just trying not to get my hopes up.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Framboise posted:

If it's fun and less of a hellgrind than Arena or Duel Links, I'll try it.

Considering this is WotC though, it'll probably be rear end. I'm not saying this to be negative though, just trying not to get my hopes up.

I’m pretty sure this is just being licensed out and WOTC has nothing to do with it’s development.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Elyv posted:

E:

Nice Eternal re-skin.

If you're drafting GRN on Arena be prepared for lots and lots of mill and/or high alert decks, because I guess people are bored of the normal archetypes and want to mess around with gimmicky stuff. I played 3 of the former, 2 of the later, and 2 decks that were some ungodly combination of the two today. Most of them are very bad, but they drag the games out interminably.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Can't wait to level up my Jace with gems,then buy him an alternate outfit with jewels :downs:

I'm gonna make him the prettiest boy

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Tainen posted:

I’m pretty sure this is just being licensed out and WOTC has nothing to do with it’s development.

Somehow I have even lower expectations.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Mat Cauthon posted:

Nice Eternal re-skin.

If you're drafting GRN on Arena be prepared for lots and lots of mill and/or high alert decks, because I guess people are bored of the normal archetypes and want to mess around with gimmicky stuff. I played 3 of the former, 2 of the later, and 2 decks that were some ungodly combination of the two today. Most of them are very bad, but they drag the games out interminably.

I haven't seen much of that yet. I see a lot of people trying to play 4-5 colors though. Sometimes it's the "gate deck" which is sometimes a real thing, other times it's just someone who tried to get cute and/or drafted a mess.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I literally don't think I've ever not ended up in five color gates when drafting GRN. I cannot resist its siren call.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Framboise posted:

Somehow I have even lower expectations.

When you see a ftp licsened mobile game I dont see how expectations can get lower.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Don't play mtg puzzlequest its not good.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mat Cauthon posted:

Nice Eternal re-skin.

High Alert is in Allegiance, not Guilds. Also High Alert is a pretty decent archetype in draft, especially if you can pull a Tower Defense

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

mossyfisk posted:

I literally don't think I've ever not ended up in five color gates when drafting GRN. I cannot resist its siren call.

This except I almost always manage to get only half of things I want for the deck. Slamming two Colossus in a row was pretty sweet, though.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

super cool how in the constructed ladder once you hit a certain point, it's just endless red decks.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

meanolmrcloud posted:

super cool how in the constructed ladder once you hit a certain point, it's just endless red decks.

I have barely seen any mono decks, just Esper and Sultai, with Izzet / Grixis every now and then.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

meanolmrcloud posted:

Are you in Bo1 or Bo3, and what rank? Platinum Bo3 is endless amounts of grixis and esper control and the occasional sultai midrange with the occasional mono blue deck.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

meanolmrcloud posted:

Gold Tier 4?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

platinum tier two boo1, just been bouncing back up to halfway and back down again for an hour. I guess i didn't have strong feelings until i played more constructed, but red has some serious bullshit

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Getting tilted hard on these days when everything goes wrong I get poo poo matchups/mana screwed.

I'm just ready for Ixlan to RTFO.

ManiacMatt
Feb 28, 2007

This is not the pleasure planet I was promised!

ShaneB posted:

Just came here to post that you guys seem to have really found your stride. I've been enjoying it quite a lot, and I like the idea of guests that are an expert or very experienced with an archetype to explain it sometimes.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ManiacMatt posted:

Just came here to post that you guys seem to have really found your stride. I've been enjoying it quite a lot, and I like the idea of guests that are an expert or very experienced with an archetype to explain it sometimes.

Thanks! We will need to take a break from the interviews for awhile but they have been fun. The community seems to like the content and we like making it so win win! Besides the whole "not profitable" thing.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

PJOmega posted:

0/1 shroud with flying for u.

ftfy

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Give it evolve. Yes, I loved Cloudfin Raptor.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Drafting at my place is a classy experience as I turned my land station into a tasteful decorative accent.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Owlbear Camus posted:

Drafting at my place is a classy experience as I turned my land station into a tasteful decorative accent.

But your daughter can't reach it. Mean.