Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Gesundheit.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You ever gently caress up and forget that today was not your 3 day weekend, but next week was, 3 hours after your shift started?

Because I'm still in my probationary period and I did this.

My supervisor is cool and told me to clock in and we'd talk tomorrow but I just feel like a huge gently caress up when I do poo poo like this.

In my defense we have alternating 4 and 5 day work weeks, and I just got put on the new schedule, but HR here has a hard-on for attendance violations during probation.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If your supervisor is cool about it, it sounds like he'll take your side of things; that'll probably help. If HR axed everyone the very instant they had an attendance issue there would be an even worse staffing issue.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If HR axed everyone the very instant they had an attendance issue there would be an even worse staffing issue.

It's a county job, so that's a given, which is why they ride new hires so hard about it; one you're in, the attendance policy is extremely easy to game.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Thump! posted:

Who the gently caress would riot for British food?
You misunderstand. They will fight to not eat it.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I was reading the scam call thread in GBS and got reminded of this one guy on my first deployment who was getting screwed pretty hard. It was towards the end of the deployment and people were talking about what they were going to use the money they saved on. People started listing off stuff like paying off student loans, buying a new truck, going on vacation until we get to Will and he just beams with pride when he says he should have enough saved up to buy an Xbox (insert model here). Will was a SrA so he was obviously making at least a little cash out here so some people got confused and asked how he had to save all deployment to get an Xbox. Will looks back at us just as confused and asked about all the money we were sending back to our families. Turns out this guy had been sending most of his checks back to his family since day one and no one caught on to this. His family weren’t even destitute or anything apparently they just lived it up on his money and they had taught him this was normal so he never mentioned it. Things got super awkward and quite until an NCO ended putting his arm around him and they went off for a chat. Will came back a little while later beaming again about how he IS going to buy an Xbox and maybe even some other stuff.

Wonder how that all worked out in the end.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Murder suicide probably.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cenen posted:

I was reading the scam call thread in GBS and got reminded of this one guy on my first deployment who was getting screwed pretty hard. It was towards the end of the deployment and people were talking about what they were going to use the money they saved on. People started listing off stuff like paying off student loans, buying a new truck, going on vacation until we get to Will and he just beams with pride when he says he should have enough saved up to buy an Xbox (insert model here). Will was a SrA so he was obviously making at least a little cash out here so some people got confused and asked how he had to save all deployment to get an Xbox. Will looks back at us just as confused and asked about all the money we were sending back to our families. Turns out this guy had been sending most of his checks back to his family since day one and no one caught on to this. His family weren’t even destitute or anything apparently they just lived it up on his money and they had taught him this was normal so he never mentioned it. Things got super awkward and quite until an NCO ended putting his arm around him and they went off for a chat. Will came back a little while later beaming again about how he IS going to buy an Xbox and maybe even some other stuff.

Wonder how that all worked out in the end.

Was he just some dude who grew up in the US? That's very common for people who still have family in poorer countries.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Grew up in a hick part of the southern U.S but from what he described while his family wasn’t rich they also didn’t need most of his paychecks. He seriously thought families just pooled money and that he was the low man on the totem pole of bread winners that supplied money and someday he’d be the part of the family that got to dip into this fund. Who knows maybe we broke up a family but honestly if you struggle to buy a $250 device at the end of a deployment you went into with zero debt then you probably weren’t living your best life.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If that's what broke that family up they absolutely deserved it because they were fleecing that dude for all he was worth. You did a good thing, freeing him of that.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Yeah I know that dude:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Glad that guy got to get his Xbox :unsmith:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Story kinda warms my heart when the NCO did what an NCO should do in that situation. The rare good storyline about an NCO in this hilarious thread.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've had several foreign born soldiers from countries where it's the norm to send money home to their families, who are often already in the US as well.

I only ever found out because they became high risk soldiers due to their financial situation causing other risky behaviors because they send a large chunk of their already small pay check to their families.

Not sure what you can do about it though when it's a part of the culture they were raised in.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My PSG in my first unit ordered me to give PoA to my mother, even after I told him she was literally abfucking crackhead. I was a dumb private, disnt argue, and lost 8k+ of deployment pay, check fraud, and ruined credit with no recourse.

It did lead to a satphone call at BN HQ when I found out.
'OMG Bulletsponge! It's so good to-'
'Do you owe money to the loving mafia? Because if not, I'm going to break your god drat legs!'
My SL later told me tge BN XO asked him who I was talking to. After hearing my mother, he walked away slowly, eyes wide.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Why the everliving gently caress would you have to give PoA to someone else, even on deployment?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I mean limited POA makes sense to your next of kin should something happen where they need to make medical decisions or manage things.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
How was sassing that doofus ever a punishable offense here?

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I just got done taking a shower and it reminded of something I’ve been meaning to post for awhile. BMT shower/bathroom stories. BMT stories suck but it’s not like anyone is in anymore to get us new/better stories.

One dude who said “hey look what I can do!” while he pissed up and spun in a circle. Got the poo poo beat out of him and was told he was a filthy cretin and if he did that poo poo again they would kill him.

Someone shaved their pubes over a urinal and didn’t clean it up so we got banned from using the urinals for
awhile which meant having to cram more dudes into a stall together to piss and I think at least one of the toilets set aside for making GBS threads got commandeered for pissing. At least it was temporary and we could stand, one guy from tech school had a female TI who made them sit to pee but how they would have known they weren’t doing that was beyond me.

Someone sat down in the middle of the shower to shave his pubes over a drain with his legs spread wide in an affront to man and God.

One guy who had the most stereotypical gay accent and mannerisms possible. It was so in your face the TIs wouldn’t even throw gay insults at him like they would at the rest of us for fear of don’t ask don’t tell. He claimed he wasn’t gay and had no idea he was doing this stuff; his excuse was he was raised in the west village or something but he’d always get pink letters with rainbow and unicorn stickers on them in the mail. He got made to shower alone.

Some inbred piece of poo poo who got recycled into our flight swung the bathroom door and hit me full on in the face with it. Told me to “watch were you are going retard”. My puny rear end flung his gangly frame back through the door and started pounding on the side of his head till I got dragged off of him. Yelled back to watch were he was going.

Being practically blind without glasses in the steamy showers was a blessing for the most part but holy poo poo was there one dude in there who had s dick that could absolutely be described as a baby’s arm holding an apple. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have worked out if I was packing a massive genetic anomaly.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

DoktorLoken posted:

I mean limited POA makes sense to your next of kin should something happen where they need to make medical decisions or manage things.

At that time (2003) it was standard practice for anyone deploying, along with a 21 page death packet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cenen posted:

Being practically blind without glasses in the steamy showers was a blessing for the most part but holy poo poo was there one dude in there who had s dick that could absolutely be described as a baby’s arm holding an apple. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have worked out if I was packing a massive genetic anomaly.

Had a dude with a normal sized dick but his ball sack brushed his knees.

Good ol’ goatballs.

Didn’t like him.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cenen posted:

Sometimes I wonder how my life would have worked out if I was packing a massive genetic anomaly.

Well, he enlisted so it sounds like it wasn't going great

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah there was a guy with huge droopy balls and they fell into a pile of his own poo poo one time.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cenen posted:

holy poo poo was there one dude in there who had s dick that could absolutely be described as a baby’s arm holding an apple. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have worked out if I was packing a massive genetic anomaly.

There's always one. In any shared locker room/shower block situation, there's always one dude who is otherwise completely unassuming but is hung like a loving brahma bull. When I did basic it was this quiet Tasmanian dude, a decent enough guy, didn't speak much, dick like a loving sledgehammer.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
The guy was also a personal trainer and was super ripped but was from the middle of nowhere Kentucky or Tennessee and sounded like the most yokel hillbilly to wander out of a holler. Also ugly as sin. It’s like some skewed the hell out of a stat triangle in a video game.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

bulletsponge13 posted:

My PSG in my first unit ordered me to give PoA to my mother, even after I told him she was literally abfucking crackhead. I was a dumb private, disnt argue, and lost 8k+ of deployment pay, check fraud, and ruined credit with no recourse.

It did lead to a satphone call at BN HQ when I found out.
'OMG Bulletsponge! It's so good to-'
'Do you owe money to the loving mafia? Because if not, I'm going to break your god drat legs!'
My SL later told me tge BN XO asked him who I was talking to. After hearing my mother, he walked away slowly, eyes wide.

It's always hard to know that this is an option when one is a boot, but that would have been a very satisfying opportunity for "Sergeant, would you be willing to put that order in writing?"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's always hard to know that this is an option when one is a boot, but that would have been a very satisfying opportunity for "Sergeant, would you be willing to put that order in writing?"

If I had been at my unit for more than 4 days, I might have had the courage. I got there Monday, we got our WARNO Wednesday. Less than a month later, Kuwait.

E- I asked to put it in my Aunt's name, my hamster, anyone else. He ordered me to put my mother down. It was incredibly satisfying to see his fat loving rear end hide and drat near come close to crying the first time we took fire.

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 22, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arcella posted:

How was sassing that doofus ever a punishable offense here?

He was a mod and you had to respect the uniform if not the guy in it :lol:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

BY THE GODS, I'VE BEEN FLEECED!!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah but that is a bitchin' new chariot the guy bought

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghxZzWVO7A

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

EBB posted:

Yeah but that is a bitchin' new chariot the guy bought

His farmland in Gaul was promised to a prostitute in the first brothel he walked into after coming home. I imagine this is one of those things that hasn’t changed over thousands of years.

boner penis
Oct 1, 2012

To Be is to get HYPHY
To Know is to go DUMB
Meanwhile, outside Bangor Trident Base

quote:

The 25-year-old man driving the Honda was taken from the vehicle and officers immediately noticed he looked drunk. Troopers arrived on scene to do a DUI check and found the driver had a blood alcohol content that was nearly three times the legal limit, Byers said. He's only been identified as working for the Navy, based out of Bangor.

so if he's a civvie he just earned a PO1 equivalency, right?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
.24 BAC is fuuuuucking druuuuuuunk

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Had a guy during my first float whose uncircumcised dinger looked like one of those fat Christmas bulbs. We called him Santa.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bored As gently caress posted:

.24 BAC is fuuuuucking druuuuuuunk

That's almost "funny news article from the Eastern Bloc" drunk.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 22, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Or Tuesday night in the upper midwest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DoktorLoken posted:

Or Tuesday night in the upper midwest.

You are like little babies: https://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/woman-registers-bac-times-legal-limit/article_6727b939-1833-5dcf-a6d1-5da1a1fb9996.html