Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Boy I was all depressed lately and this perked up my mood, thanks. Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Cat Mattress posted:

Well there's Outsider, but the protagonist isn't really at the stage where he's playing the game yet. At the pace it's going and with the update rhythm of the author, it should happen at some point during the 24th century. (The author openly admits he was inspired by Master of Orion and Star Control, and also works on his own Space 4X game, so I think it counts.)

Clueless dumbass human dude from backwater Earth that gets suprise alien visitors asking for help - check
Telepathic matriarchal space elves with a caste system, at least one of whom wants to gently caress the protagonist - check
Very numerous clicky bugs with a strong industrial capacity - check
Annoying incorporeal spy dudes who get thrown in the trash can even when they're on your side - check
pew pew pew pew pew boom boom boom pew pew pew - check
Midgame point defence beats missiles effectively - check
Secret conspiracy implied to be behind everything that is happening - check

checks out

I still prefer Farscape. :v:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

Well there's Outsider, but the protagonist isn't really at the stage where he's playing the game yet. At the pace it's going and with the update rhythm of the author, it should happen at some point during the 24th century. (The author openly admits he was inspired by Master of Orion and Star Control, and also works on his own Space 4X game, so I think it counts.)

Holy poo poo Outsider is still going... and it has 147 pages.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Outsider is Schroedinger's webcomic. Is it updating? Is it on hiatus? Visit the webpage to collapse the waveform and find out!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

A.o.D. posted:

Outsider is Schroedinger's webcomic. Is it updating? Is it on hiatus? Visit the webpage to collapse the waveform and find out!

This is the OOTS thread calling the kettle black.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

skeleton warrior posted:

This is the OOTS thread calling the kettle black.

OOTS started in 2003-09-29, 5652 days ago. It has published 1159 comic pages during that time, without counting extras and print-only stuff. That's slightly faster than an update every five days.

Outsider started in 2001-08-31, 6411 days ago. It has published 147 comic pages during that time. That's a bit slower than one update every 43 days. Of course they're not stick figures and it's not the author's day job, so the comparison isn't all that meaningful.

Anyway I hope Rich and Arioch are both okay.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cat Mattress posted:

OOTS started in 2003-09-29, 5652 days ago. It has published 1159 comic pages during that time, without counting extras and print-only stuff. That's slightly faster than an update every five days.

Outsider started in 2001-08-31, 6411 days ago. It has published 147 comic pages during that time. That's a bit slower than one update every 43 days. Of course they're not stick figures and it's not the author's day job, so the comparison isn't all that meaningful.

Anyway I hope Rich and Arioch are both okay.

I just hope Arioch is getting enough blood, and souls :shobon:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
...Arioch? The elf who eats babies?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Cat Mattress posted:

Outsider started in 2001-08-31.

I like that you can tell from the dude's hairstyle.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

So what you're saying is that Outsider started 2 weeks before 9/11.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

...Arioch? The elf who eats babies?

The greatest of feasts.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So, what is the status of Blackwing to the other members of the Order? Can they actually hear him speak or can only V hear him?

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Unlucky7 posted:

So, what is the status of Blackwing to the other members of the Order? Can they actually hear him speak or can only V hear him?

I have a distinct memory of Belkar talking to him at least once, but I cannot find it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Haley talks to Blackwing too, something about busting V's chops. I forget which strip.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

They can but tend not to.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Black wing talks the same way the fire roaches talk, everybody hears them but it's so snarky nobody ever really listens.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can Blackwing hear Stewie Griffin?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Unlucky7 posted:

They were loving with V they can hear him fine.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, Haley was loving with V; Roy and Belkar thought that Blackwing speaking was an illusion or message spell or something. But yes, from Blackwing's first appearance, it was explicit that he could speak Common, he just chose not to because he didn't like Vaarsuvius.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Does Blackwing seem to more or less follow the rules for familiars?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

Yes.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

ultrafilter posted:

I'd say he's familiar with them.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

:siren:Rich is all left.:siren:

Edit: gently caress! Screwed it up!

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 1, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The ONE time you make a concentration check

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Random Stranger posted:

:siren:Rich is all left.:siren:

Edit: gently caress! Screwed it up!

Even though today is April 1st, the link checked out.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Best Boomerang Buddies surely has some other connotation.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Any chance V deliberately cast force cage on the outside of the wall for some strategic reason?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh and durkon has a belt of giant strength now too.

He's probably outclassing Roy on melee DPS. Cleric overpowering complete

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Durkon might be short a few levels.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Durkon might be short a few levels.

All the experience he got from slaughtering high level clerics:colbert:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Convenient that the baddies monloged their plan just then.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ikanreed posted:

All the experience he got from slaughtering high level clerics:colbert:
Nah, remember what Malack said? As a high level cleric at CR +8, getting any decent XP is basically impossible.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
The GM might have given him a massive XP bonus for the extremely awesome and well roleplayed way he single handedly defeated his parasitic vampire inhabitant.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sky Shadowing posted:

The GM might have given him a massive XP bonus for the extremely awesome and well roleplayed way he single handedly defeated his parasitic vampire inhabitant.

Yeah, that's definitely worth an inspiration point.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

PMush Perfect posted:

Nah, remember what Malack said? As a high level cleric at CR +8, getting any decent XP is basically impossible.

Solo kills. No party split

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Durkon can hit as hard as he likes he'll never have Specialization Architecture.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Raenir Salazar posted:

Any chance V deliberately cast force cage on the outside of the wall for some strategic reason?

He was trying to trap the exarch

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Raenir Salazar posted:

Nah, the Exarch was already staggering into the barrier when Haley's arrows hit him. You can see a sliver of his head inside the orange barrier in panel 3. Initiative probably went Haley -> Exarch -> Deathworm -> V. The Exarch most likely used his action to flee into the barrier.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Nah, they just didn't have any way to know what the orange thing would do. Durkon probably couldn't have told them, since Durkula delegated researching all this stuff to the ex-exarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigpolar
Jun 19, 2003

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Nah, they just didn't have any way to know what the orange thing would do. Durkon probably couldn't have told them, since Durkula delegated researching all this stuff to the ex-exarch.

Didn't Durban grow up here? Wouldn't even young priests have learned about the magical defenses?