Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kojiro posted:

It's really worth underlining here that it isn't Kickstarter they're using, it's Indie "Get The Funds Even If You Don't Reach Goal" GoGo

Yes, you are correct I missed the IGG in the tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Three IGGs to "own the libs." What happens to Ethan when his wingnut welfare runs out and his so radioactive that no one will take him?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Covok posted:

Three IGGs to "own the libs." What happens to Ethan when his wingnut welfare runs out and his so radioactive that no one will take him?

One hopes he's got a sound investment strategy. I hear Vanguard is pretty good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Covok posted:

No, no, now they're building a community and-

https://twitter.com/kylaTea/status/1107984607318810629

-eh.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Dawgstar posted:

They're also upset at Jon Del Arroz (who you will remember as the leading Hispanic voice in science-fiction) for making noises that's he also in the group when he was apparently 'kicked out' along with Vox Day.

Now I am dumber.

That's a name I haven't heard in a while.

I used to work with Jon in the tabletop gaming industry. I lost touch after the presidential election; he was always conservative, but I didn't see the full extent of his far-rightness until Trump was elected. He went off the deep end and I just found him odious after I saw how he treated his peers and friends. Not just his awful politics, but the way he purposefully incites people and then plays martyr when others get outraged. I watched client after client cut ties with him, including a company that he believed would offer him a full-time creative lead position. No one in the industry wants to work with him now, at least as far as I can tell. A mutual friend of ours tried to explain to him that he was sabotaging his friendships and work opportunities, and Jon responded by harassing him day after day until Jon was finally blocked, then claiming he was "betrayed" on his blog by someone who was "brainwashed by the liberals," or whatever. I've broken bread at his table at GenCon; he genuinely thinks Milo is great, is openly a Mad Puppy, and bragged that he led a cyber attack on the Hugos that brought down their website/undermined their voting process.

All of this is to say, I never thought I'd see his name in the comicgate thread, but I'm absolutely not surprised.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'd been seeing this around, so good to know.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1108711923007270915

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Double minimum wage? That totally makes 4 years of undergrad, 3 years of law school and God knows how much debt worth it.

https://twitter.com/BlissofAbyss/status/1108983416383406080?s=19

Seriously, 7 years of school to make less than the manager of a McDonald's (I bet manager's get healthcare too).

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
This recent crop of losers rushing to defend blackface lawyer seem...impossibly dumb? Even compared to the usual chuds, these guys are clapping back at remedial levels. Who is this guy that he has a gang of toddlers at the ready to back him up?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TheHan posted:

This recent crop of losers rushing to defend blackface lawyer seem...impossibly dumb? Even compared to the usual chuds, these guys are clapping back at remedial levels. Who is this guy that he has a gang of toddlers at the ready to back him up?

I think I can explain that. His new surge of defenders comes from Nicky defending Vic Mignogna on his YouTube channel, so they're essentially teenage anime fans who've decided Vic is actually Ed Elric and couldn't possibly be a sexual assaulter. Even more than ComicsGate they get super impressed by legal words and are all about citing the tortious interference.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Double minimum wage? That totally makes 4 years of undergrad, 3 years of law school and God knows how much debt worth it.

https://twitter.com/BlissofAbyss/status/1108983416383406080?s=19

Seriously, 7 years of school to make less than the manager of a McDonald's (I bet manager's get healthcare too).

If I do the math right, $20 / hr at 2k hours / year turns into $40k/year which is still above the median US income. It's a little bit below the median '40+hrs / week' but not by much. (Also FWIW Minneapolis is phasing in a $15 minimum wage)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just can't get over "I'll have you know this lawyer makes more than twenty dollars an hour."

Google tells me average student loan debt for law school is ~$100k.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

fritz posted:

If I do the math right, $20 / hr at 2k hours / year turns into $40k/year which is still above the median US income. It's a little bit below the median '40+hrs / week' but not by much. (Also FWIW Minneapolis is phasing in a $15 minimum wage)

I think they just have no idea what a lawyer makes. Average salary for a lawyer is ~$150k, even assuming Black face lawyer makes significantly below average it's gotta be higher than 40k

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm a lawyer with 5 years experience and my income is at least in the 85 thousand dollar range and I'm with a small practice in Saskatchewan so this blackface guy must be awful at his job

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
apparently, blackface lawyer makes 50k a year at his practice.

he is not a good lawyer.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

TrekBek posted:

apparently, blackface lawyer makes 50k a year at his practice.

he is not a good lawyer.
Seven years of schooling, six-figure student loan debt, specialized testing and certification - all to make roughly what a level one help desk tech would earn.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FMguru posted:

Seven years of schooling, six-figure student loan debt, specialized testing and certification - all to make roughly what a level one help desk tech would earn.

Don't forget whatever he has to pay in rent on his office and state/federal taxes!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dawgstar posted:

Don't forget whatever he has to pay in rent on his office and state/federal taxes!
Ongoing ABA fees and continuing education spending, too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/garro_mark/status/1109117854656258048

Oh I can't fuckin' wait to see this nonsense.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/aardvark-vanaheim-comics-june-2019-solicitations/

quote:

LGTBQ ETC PEOPLE ONE SHOT
APR191257
(W) Dave Sim (A) Dave Sim, Gustave Dore (CA) Benjamin Hobbs
Epic-Length All-In-One 24-Page Issue! Meet the Infernal Realms’ most inclusive super group! Lesbiana Hombre! Gay Chicano Female trapped inside the White Masculine body she never made! Redwood City! He may look like a tree, but he’s actually a mid-sized metropolitan California tourist destination (and excretes his own pine cones!) Borderline Bobbiey! Amazingly, he changes gender identity every time you refer to her by a different pronoun! Just watch him! You go, girl! Belvedere! Tired of being a stallion centaur Belvedere demands her right to give birth as a broodmare! Watch, as the strangest heroes of all tgo head-to-head with Cerebus!
In Shops: Jun 26, 2019
Final Orders Due: May 03, 2019
SRP: $4.00

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Well then! No thanks!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dave Sim folks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FMguru posted:

Ongoing ABA fees and continuing education spending, too.

Is the continuing education required to keep your bar certification? Because there's no way he does more than the minimum legally required work for that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vandar posted:

Oh I can't fuckin' wait to see this nonsense.

When the Toonami generation marches to war!

What's really been funny is watching the *Gate types flip out at how Ren is pushing people to report any -phobic or hate speech and rage when they try to report her for reporting them and it doesn't work because what they're doing actually violates Twitter TOS.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

What on earth

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I have no idea but I know I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Have you ever had a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

https://twitter.com/UltimateLifefo2/status/1109274849522806785

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Have you ever had a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

https://twitter.com/UltimateLifefo2/status/1109274849522806785

"Should I just shorten my rant so that I don't need an extra tweet for two loving words? Nah, I want to sound as intimidating as possible!"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Just imagine there's a dramatic pause between the tweets.

Maybe he's striking a cool pose before he delivers the last two words.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm surprised it took this long for comicsgate to bring up a specific conspiracy theory like the one that kicked off gamergate.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Vic chuds are excited now, though. Kameha Con announced they're inviting him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Comicsgate/Industry Terribleness Thread: /2 Is Sealed

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

I am really, genuinely curious about the person behind these tweets. I wonder about his life, and how he chooses to live it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Dawgstar posted:

The Vic chuds are excited now, though. Kameha Con announced they're inviting him.

I wonder how many emails to the convention venue it would take to make them push back on the con to uninvited him or they’ll pull the show completely?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vandar posted:

Just imagine there's a dramatic pause between the tweets.

Maybe he's striking a cool pose before he delivers the last two words.

Your fate

:frogc00l:

is sealed

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I wonder how many emails to the convention venue it would take to make them push back on the con to uninvited him or they’ll pull the show completely?

That's a good question. It was quite the scummy move on the con's part. They'd uninvited him a while back and now with only three weeks to go and with folks probably unable to pull out at this juncture... yeah. I don't know if the *Gate chuds went hard at him or Mignogna's lawyer made threats or what (many are shouting it would be a breach of contract, but if that was the case why weren't they afraid to uninvite him in the first place) but it's going to be awesome if a lot of other Funimation types are around.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Throwing fraudulent lawsuits is a common dipshit tactic. Larger corporations are likely just going to roll their eyes and settle out of court on the cheap and people with much less money are likely to get scared at sudden legal mumbo jumbo and having big numbers thrown at their face. Makes me wonder if anyone is gonna pull a full Sterling and just say "Yep, sure buddy bring it the gently caress on let's go"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flytrap posted:

Throwing fraudulent lawsuits is a common dipshit tactic. Larger corporations are likely just going to roll their eyes and settle out of court on the cheap and people with much less money are likely to get scared at sudden legal mumbo jumbo and having big numbers thrown at their face. Makes me wonder if anyone is gonna pull a full Sterling and just say "Yep, sure buddy bring it the gently caress on let's go"

What's super telling is they have no idea how anything legal works because while fraudulent law suits are a Thing, at the same time they're not really common because the last thing you want to do is make a judge think you've wasted their time.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Particularly when court costs can be put on the line. That poo poo adds up fast.

Granted, you'll generally still need to pay retainer and all for a lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Larger/more established conventions may be able to just pay a severance fee in the form of the guest’s guaranteed minimum, or perhaps less depending on the contract.

No clue what this one’s thinking. Reversals and guest announcements just a couple weeks out kinda scream “no idea what they’re doing.”